Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just wanted to share

Started by bigcountry27, February 15, 2017, 12:35:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigcountry27

This is a picture my dad drew several years ago. It's all dots. Not a single line anywhere. I thought some of you might enjoy seeing.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: bigcountry27 on February 15, 2017, 12:35:53 pm
This is a picture my dad drew several years ago. It's all dots. Not a single line anywhere. I thought some of you might enjoy seeing.

The "Danimal", right?  Good drawing, your dad had some real talent....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

RagingHawgOn

trphog

RazorBassin

oldhog63

Impressive! Thanks for sharing.

havok

guess that would be like a Manual by hand Dot-Matrix Printer.     

Tejano Jawg

Fantastic drawing. That's ink 'stippling' right? In drawing classes, we'd do that occasionally...it's not easy, and it's not fast. Dad has skills.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

FANONTHEHILL

That's needs to be your Avatar Big country
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Hogwop

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on February 15, 2017, 01:27:47 pm
Fantastic drawing. That's ink 'stippling' right? In drawing classes, we'd do that occasionally...it's not easy, and it's not fast. Dad has skills.
Yeah, that's stippling. VERY time consuming. I once used stippling to draw a brick wall in the background of a drawing and it took 26 hours over the course of several days.

Awesome drawing.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

Hogwop

Did your dad do any other Hog related artwork?
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.

HamSammich

Wow, if you ever decide to sell it, hit me up first.

Whiskey River

That's amazing. Thanks for sharing that with us.
This species has amused itself to death...

Dwight_K_Shrute

So jealous of people with artistic talent.  This is great.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Broke Tusk

Wow that's amazing and thanks for sharing.

bigcountry27

Thanks!! He's done several drawings. It's a cool piece my mom had put on a canvas. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the "iron hog" that used to be on the weight room floor mats...he did that. He has drawn Corliss, Alex Dillard, HDN that first come to mind. He did the USA Dream Team. Any ideas of more drawings?

Hogwop

No D-Mac? A drawing of him stiff arming someone would look great, I bet.
Pigga what?!

Pork Twain

Is it really a drawing if it is not drawn???

I love this type of art.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

DeltaBoy

Great work of art .  Dan Hampton was part Alligator and part Snapping Turtle.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

gmarv

bigcountry27

I told him to get started on the D-Mac drawing! Great idea! He hasn't drawn in a few years. Trying to get him back into it.

Thanks for the compliments!! Means a lot!

Dirty

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: bigcountry27 on February 18, 2017, 05:59:37 pm
I told him to get started on the D-Mac drawing! Great idea! He hasn't drawn in a few years. Trying to get him back into it.

Thanks for the compliments!! Means a lot!

If you're taking requests, I'd like to see one of Matt Jones in full gallop . . .

factchecker

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on February 23, 2017, 03:05:20 pm
If you're taking requests, I'd like to see one of Matt Jones in full gallop . . .

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: DLUXHOG on February 15, 2017, 12:40:29 pm
The "Danimal", right?  Good drawing, your dad had some real talent....
The art is amazing, but I don't think that's Hampton.  If it was based on a photo, Dan wore #86 at Arkansas.  If it's not Hampton, it could be fun to try to figure out who it actually is.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

lumphog

DAD GOT DOTS.......That's AWESOME

ChitownHawg

Quote from: bigcountry27 on February 15, 2017, 12:35:53 pm

You dad has some serious talent.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

CrookedSquealliry

Really Really cool.  Thanks for sharing.  Some people are just gifted. 

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8