Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did the Cardinals hack the Astros computer network???

Started by hoglady, June 16, 2015, 05:45:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoglady

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2497669-st-louis-cardinals-under-fbi-investigation-for-alleged-hack-of-astros-system

I'm not a Cardinal fan - but I've always respected them and view them as one of the premiere baseball organizations.
They are better than this - and hopefully it's not what it appears to be.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

jrulz83

Whoever did it used a set of passwords that Luhnow left behind when he took the Astros job.

I'll be really surprised if this goes beyond a lone person or couple people in the front office that had some kind of issue with Luhnow. Luhnow was not well received by some within the Cardinals front office when he came in.

I'm no genius, but I don't think I would use a list of passwords that I used with one organization and not use a new set with my new organization; seems like a bad way to do business.

Now I'm not in any way saying that there shouldn't be repercussions against the guilty party(s). I'm just trying to put the "hack" in context.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

Razorback7281

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

popcornhog

WPS

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)