Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

World Series: Headed to Game 7 in KC

Started by popcornhog, October 15, 2014, 06:08:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DukeOfPork

Quote from: clutch on October 28, 2014, 10:05:46 pm
Apparently they did. I'd have given him a batter to see if he could gets through it. 10 run lead is pretty comfortable.

He could have easily finished the game.

No reason to do it though.  With that big of a lead, there was no risk in relieving him.  And all of the big arms were saved for tomorrow night.

Game 7 is going to be epic.  I really do think it will be a tight game.

popcornhog

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 29, 2014, 12:41:31 am
Both bullpens are primed and rested.

Giants have a better pitcher on the mound tomorrow, Royals have one that doesn't look as dominant.

Game 7 will probably be a low-scoring affair, with a key hit one way or another deciding the whole affair.

Now that I've typed that, get ready for 10-9 type scoring barrage.   ;)

Hutson's ERA is up near 8 isn't it? Guthrie's is in the 3's I think.

Bumgarner may well pitch at some point tonight though. And, yes, the bullpen's are rested. I'm not sure whether that adds up to favor SF. There is the fact that the home team hasn't lost a game 7 in the WS in like 35 years.

Who knows? I feel like anything could happen tonight.

WPS

clutch

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 29, 2014, 12:41:31 am
Both bullpens are primed and rested.

Giants have a better pitcher on the mound tomorrow, Royals have one that doesn't look as dominant.

Game 7 will probably be a low-scoring affair, with a key hit one way or another deciding the whole affair.

Now that I've typed that, get ready for 10-9 type scoring barrage.   ;)

I don't think there's that much of a difference between the two pitchers right now. Guthrie has been better in the postseason though.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: clutch on October 29, 2014, 07:50:00 am
I don't think there's that much of a difference between the two pitchers right now. Guthrie has been better in the postseason though.

Yeah, I call this an even matchup.  The game ended up 3-2 in Game 3 when these two pitchers faced off.  Guthrie gave up two runs in 5 innings; Hudson gave up three runs in 5 2/3 innings.

At least this time it's in an AL park, so KC won't be wasting at-bats on Guthrie, Herrera, etc. like they did in Game 3.

I think it'll be a tight game.

I know that 10-0 probably didn't make for good television to the neutral viewer, but we had a good time at our house last night! ;)

popcornhog

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 29, 2014, 10:35:06 am
I don't think many things favor SF right now... maybe Bochy and experience on the big stage.[

But the 'big stage' tonight is in KC, and that's a big equalizer.

I'm just hoping for a great game and hopefully a Giants win.  If KC pulls if off then hard to argue that they did anything but earn it.

Great baseball either way.

It's been one of the best post seasons that I can remember (except for Taveras's tragic death which puts the sting of the Cardinals early exit into perspective).

Even with a number of blow-out games throughout the post season, the team that gets blown out usually comes back with a blow-out victory if their own.

Anything could happen tonight.
WPS

DukeOfPork

Quote from: popcornhog on October 29, 2014, 11:07:21 am
It's been one of the best post seasons that I can remember (except for Taveras's tragic death which puts the sting of the Cardinals early exit into perspective).

Ventura's tribute to Taveras was a pretty cool gesture.

Yeah, this World Series has been great.  Whoever wins tonight deserves it.  Both teams have been remarkably resilient.

jrulz83

While I can't stand to watch either team, I have been able to listen. :)

It has been a very entertaining Series and neither team deserves to lose. It's going to be fun for whichever team pulls it out tonight. I'll be listening tonight and I hope neither team lays an egg.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

clutch

It's been a really good series but not for the reasons you'd normally think of when you think of a really good series. Normally you'd think close games, lots of drama. It's been blowouts and bouncebacks though. There haven't really been any great pitchers duels, but there's been great pitching performances. I guess what makes this series exciting, other than the game 7, is the Kansas City story.

dacskc

If the score holds, Bumgarner may just solidify his legacy as the best-ever post-season pitcher.

clutch

Quote from: dacskc on October 29, 2014, 10:04:50 pm
If the score holds, Bumgarner may just solidify his legacy as the best-ever post-season pitcher.

At only 25 lol

dacskc

PonderinHog

clutch

If Gordon was running hard to first right there he would have scored I think

PonderinHog

dacskc

That was an awful way to lose, after gaining a little hope. That is how I would picture the ending of a Cubs' World Series.

ucahogfan

Mad Bum = Greatest World Series Pitcher in History!

PonderinHog

Ballgame.

Quote from: clutch on October 29, 2014, 10:19:25 pm
If Gordon was running hard to first right there he would have scored I think
He should have scored.

clutch

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 29, 2014, 10:22:22 pm
Ballgame.
He should have scored.

He hesitated at first base. That was the only thing that stopped him I think

ucahogfan

If Lincecum and Cain both got about 20M from the Giants, does Mad Bum get Kershaw money?

dacskc

Quote from: ucahogfan on October 29, 2014, 10:22:15 pm
Mad Bum = Greatest World Series Pitcher in History!

Can't argue that. I'd take him 10/10 times over Kershaw.

ucahogfan

Quote from: clutch on October 29, 2014, 10:23:25 pm
He hesitated at first base. That was the only thing that stopped him I think
Yeah, but he was running out of steam heading in between 2B and 3B.  I think he could have scored, but I don't think he would have been waved home in a situation like that.

clutch

Quote from: ucahogfan on October 29, 2014, 10:23:32 pm
If Lincecum and Cain both got about 20M from the Giants, does Mad Bum get Kershaw money?

They should make them buy their own rings since they stole all that cash

PonderinHog

clutch

Quote from: ucahogfan on October 29, 2014, 10:24:19 pm
Yeah, but he was running out of steam heading in between 2B and 3B.  I think he could have scored, but I don't think he would have been waved home in a situation like that.

I'd have waved him for one reason. Bumgarner was still on the mound. I think the chances were better of scoring there than relying on a hit

ucahogfan

Quote from: dacskc on October 29, 2014, 10:23:58 pm
Can't argue that. I'd take him 10/10 times over Kershaw.
Well, I would take Kershaw because he is the best pitcher on the planet, but Bumgarner is someone I would go with every time in the postseason.

PonderinHog

Quote from: clutch on October 29, 2014, 10:25:21 pm
I'd have waved him for one reason. Bumgarner was still on the mound. I think the chances were better of scoring there than relying on a hit
Such a freak play.  It was really there only chance.

ucahogfan

Bumgarner or Pense for MVP?  I think it is Bumgarner hands down, but I think I saw that Pense had at least tied the record for most hits in a WS.

ucahogfan

Quote from: clutch on October 29, 2014, 10:24:28 pm
They should make them buy their own rings since they stole all that cash
Yeah, Lincecum was an expensive bullpen sitter and Cain took the postseason off on the DL.  Lincecum probably blew his salary on weed though.

PonderinHog

Quote from: ucahogfan on October 29, 2014, 10:27:03 pm
Bumgarner or Pense for MVP?  I think it is Bumgarner hands down, but I think I saw that Pense had at least tied the record for most hits in a WS.
Bumgarner.

ucahogfan

Quote from: clutch on October 29, 2014, 10:25:21 pm
Yeah, the Royals had a chance, but it is an even year which means the Giants had fate on their side.

Now, the Giants probably won't be in the postseason in 2015 and will win it all again in 2016.

popcornhog

Great postseason.

Hats off to the Giants and the Royals.
WPS

clutch

Quote from: ucahogfan on October 29, 2014, 10:28:23 pm
Yeah, Lincecum was an expensive bullpen sitter and Cain took the postseason off on the DL.  Lincecum probably blew his salary on weed though.

Nah. Once he quit smoking pot is when he started to suck. He was amazing when he was a stoner. That's how I know he's clean now.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: ucahogfan on October 29, 2014, 10:27:03 pm

Pence had a great series, but his hits didn't mean sh*t compared to Bumgarner.

Without Bumgarner, the Giants lose this series in 5 games.

The owner of the Giants needs to hand the WS trophy to Bumgarner; it's really his.

popcornhog

Quote from: DukeOfPork on October 29, 2014, 10:39:19 pm
Pence had a great series, but his hits didn't mean sh*t compared to Bumgarner.

Without Bumgarner, the Giants lose this series in 5 games.

The owner of the Giants needs to hand the WS trophy to Bumgarner; it's really his.

darn, Pablo was right there too. Dude seemed to have the timely hits when needed. All three of those guys were amazing.
WPS

DukeOfPork

Quote from: popcornhog on October 29, 2014, 11:04:13 pm
darn, Pablo was right there too. Dude seemed to have the timely hits when needed. All three of those guys were amazing.

Yep, Sandoval and Pence were great.  Good effort by the entire Giants team.  But if they didn't have the greatest pitcher in the history of the World Series, the Royals dust them off in 5 games, 6 tops.

opineonswine

It's a great time for Giants fans. Best run in my 50 years as a fan by a wide margin.
SF GIANTS