Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It has been a LONG day for our AD

Started by Porkatarian, November 09, 2017, 06:03:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pork Ranger

What do you think Norvell will cost? My guess is he will be able to leverage but may settle for $3M if he really does want to come here

hehawg

#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

parallaxpig

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on November 09, 2017, 07:29:07 pm
What do you think Norvell will cost? My guess is he will be able to leverage but may settle for $3M if he really does want to come here

$5 mil plus. We want be only school talking to his agent.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

gangstaback

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on November 09, 2017, 07:26:50 pm
Jeff Long's palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy.
He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready...
He's choking how, everybody's joking now
The clock's run out, time's up, over, blaow!

Could that picture possibly be more sideways?

Or were the camera man's palms sweaty? Knees weak? Arms heavy?

ricepig

Quote from: parallaxpig on November 09, 2017, 07:34:02 pm

We aren't paying $5m for a G5 head coach, no one is.

rhames

Quote from: gangstaback on November 09, 2017, 07:36:05 pm
Could that picture possibly be more sideways?

Or were the camera man's palms sweaty? Knees weak? Arms heavy?

Do you even 8mile?
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

rhames

Lol. No. Probably in the 3.75 range.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

hawg IQ

The thing is if BB goes and J Long stays, he will hire another "B" movie coach and in 4 years we get go through another round of the same thing . It's like " Groundhog Day " !
go hogs go !

grayhawg

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 09, 2017, 07:25:25 pm
If Bert's here to the end of the year then all of the decent available coaches will have already found new teams.  He needs to be gone at the end of the season, and the search committee needs to work fast.
What makes you think the wheels aren't already turning.

AirWarren

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on November 09, 2017, 07:26:50 pm
Jeff Long's palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy.
He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready...
He's choking how, everybody's joking now
The clock's run out, time's up, over, blaow!

This is beyond weird and creepy......

Danimal

So, does Bret being gone at the "end of the year" mean end of the regular season? I certainly hope so.

parallaxpig

Quote from: ricepig on November 09, 2017, 07:36:24 pm

We ain't getting who you want then either. There is an excellent possibility of 7 openings in SEC alone.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Danny J

Quote from: ricepig on November 09, 2017, 07:36:24 pm
And with 1.5 years experience to boot...no way it's close to 5m...not for Norvell

Andrew Hogfan

WPS!!!

woo.pig

I feel like the only way for this thing to play out is Bret resigns or takes another job.

parallaxpig

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

MuskogeeHogFan

If Bert's here to the end of the year then all of the decent available coaches will have already found new teams.  He needs to be gone at the end of the season, and the search committee needs to work fast.

Yeah well, none of us know what wheels are already turning behind the scenes so I wouldn't jump to any conclusions at this point. Think they are going to get rid of an AD (or removing power from same) who would normally be in charge of such a search, without already having a pretty good idea of where they are headed with the search for a new HC? Probably a lot more going on behind the scenes than we know.
Go Hogs Go!

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on November 09, 2017, 07:29:07 pm
Probably 3-3.5 maybe a little higher.

WilsonHog

Much has been speculated about the difficultly of us hiring a coach with so many jobs potentially open. I predict that the number of open jobs will not hinder who we hire at all.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 09, 2017, 07:52:04 pm
Much has been speculated about the difficultly of us hiring a coach with so many jobs potentially open. I predict that the number of open jobs will not hinder who we hire at all.
Me either.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

KennyForAD

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 09, 2017, 06:52:50 pm
can you explain what this means? I keep seeing that on here but don't get it.

I'll bet otherwise.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 09, 2017, 06:11:51 pm
It won't happen, if you mean Long being fired, as he should be.  Not gonna go down that way.   Long will find another job before 'long' and that will be the end of it.  If he doesn't get out soon, he risks his reputation ... what's the word?  Ah..'degrading' to the point that he can't find another gig.

CBB is no surprise.  No action out of a 4 hour meeting probably means he was destined to be bought out from the get go this year if the BOT took no action to reverse that position by todays meeting. Today was just the last chance for Long not to be under orders to do the buy out.

Long is probably under pressure to manage the buyout and new hire under a spending cap or start getting his own resume in order before too long.

hawgball40

Quote from: duckman on November 09, 2017, 07:05:25 pm
Been here long?
Reading long enough to know the lay of the land a little. porkatarian has the info, guvhog is made fun of, gohogs1091 is a secret mississippi st fan, tctwf, [you] etc

rhames

Quote from: parallaxpig on November 09, 2017, 07:45:50 pm
Watch and learn.

Learn what? No coach coming from Memphis will make that much coming to the sec. He would become instantly the 3rd or 2md highest paid coach in the conference.

So nothing really to learn.

Pork Ranger

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 09, 2017, 08:00:31 pm
Reading long enough to know the lay of the land a little. porkatarian has the info, guvhog is made fun of, gohogs1091 is a secret mississippi st fan, tctwf, [you] etc

But do you know Mrcoolhog55?

The Hawg Marshal

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Knot2brite

So if they fire CBB after the last regular season game and they fire Long with his contract rollover ( with cause I figure nothing but they better be willing to go to court over that) and a possible buyout of another Coach and the yearly salary....how much is that going to cost the university?
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

lechon

Long allegedly screwed up RW3 million dollar insurance policy and the razorback foundation had to pay for it.
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

Pork Ranger

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 09, 2017, 08:10:21 pm
Haven't seen that guy in years.lol

I wish he'd come back around. Always got a kick out of his posts

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on November 09, 2017, 07:55:27 pm
Any word on the Pepsi contract?

20 year extension in the works. Rumors that the Pepsi logo could be added to our unis has not been confirmed.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

lumphog

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 09, 2017, 07:52:04 pm
Well, shiver me timbers   ;)

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 09, 2017, 08:14:05 pm
20 year extension in the works. Rumors that the Pepsi logo could be added to our unis has not been confirmed.

Dammit!
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Three and Snout

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 09, 2017, 08:14:05 pm

Doritos Loco taco image will replace the hog on helmets...

Frito-Lay out...

DoubleReedHawgCaller

I heard they are considering a Pepsi pet crew for faster delivery of PB&J sammiches at halftime. 

hawgball40

Quote from: Three and Snout on November 09, 2017, 08:17:32 pm
Doritos Loco taco image will replace the hog on helmets...

Frito-Lay out...
only taco in cfb?

oldhawg

Quote from: Knot2brite on November 09, 2017, 08:11:59 pm
So if they fire CBB after the last regular season game and they fire Long with his contract rollover ( with cause I figure nothing but they better be willing to go to court over that) and a possible buyout of another Coach and the yearly salary....how much is that going to cost the university?

My understanding is that it won't cost the University anything, but the Razorback Foundation will be out a nickel or two.

huntindoc

Boardon Hamsay

You seem like a one stock portfolio kind of guy and possibly bought all the shares at the $52 week high.

ricepig

GoldCoastHog

If they release him, it will be immediately at the conclusion of the season. Their target will be to make a new hire by December, in order to allow the new regime to get settled prior to the Holidays. Afterward, they will have had an opportunity to evaluate recruits committed to the previous staff, and be prepared to not only hit the recruiting trail before February 5th, but hopefully had the chance to bring some recruits with them that they were recruiting at their previous school.

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

ricepig

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 09, 2017, 08:10:21 pm
Haven't seen that guy in years.lol

Pretty sure he's Rudy Baylor these days, with automatic spell check on every post.

BR

just asking....  we won't or we want
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

The Hawg Marshal