Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

News on recruiting the all-important SEC defensive linemen

Started by jbcarol, May 08, 2012, 12:06:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Texas DL commit Brandon Brown visiting Alabama this weekend

by:
Collin Ginnan

QuoteAs new Alabama head coach Kalen DeBoer gets to work on his first recruiting class in Tuscaloosa, an early spring visit is coming from a four-star Texas commit.

Melbourne (Fla.) Eau Gallie defensive lineman Brandon Brown posted on social media that he will be in Tuscaloosa on Friday.

Brown is the nation's No. 308 overall prospect and No. 28 defensive lineman in the 2025 cycle.

On3 rates Brown higher than the other major recruiting services (driven by subscription rate :hmmm: ).
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Georgia 5-star DL commit Justus Terry visiting Florida State

by:
Hunter Shelton

QuoteTallahassee is one of the many recruiting hotbeds around the country this weekend as the spring recruiting period picks up. Florida State is hosting multiple elite prospects, including a top-10 recruit committed elsewhere.

Manchester (Ga.) five-star defensive lineman Justus Terry has been committed to Georgia for over a year

5* 2025 DL
@JustusTerry80 has arrived for his visit #FSU

"I am strong with Georgia, but I will take my visits," Terry told On3's Chad Simmons in February. "Georgia tells me to go out, explore other options and come back to Athens any time I want because they will always be there.

"Georgia is the school I am committed to and nothing has changed with that. I will take some official visits in the summer, I am still working on dates, but I think schools like Alabama and Georgia will get one for sure, as well as maybe Florida State, USC and some others."

jbcarol

Trent Wilson visits Oklahoma

by:
Hunter Shelton

QuoteOne of the top defensive linemen in the 2025 cycle's in Norman.

Oklahoma has emerged as one of the top contenders for Dr. Henry Wise four-star DL Trent Wilson. Sooners finally got the blue-chipper down for a visit.

Wilson's interest in the new SEC program has blossomed thanks to budding relationships with OU co-defensive coordinator Todd Bates and defensive ends coach Miguel Chavis.

Wilson also has upcoming visits lined up with A&M (March 23).

jbcarol

Ainslie Lee: Class of 2025 4-star defensive lineman Kalen Edwards backs off pledge to Auburn

QuoteAuburn's 2025 recruiting class lost a member Tuesday night as 4-star defensive lineman Kalen Edwards announced that he'd be re-opening his commitment

I want to say thank you to the Auburn coaching staff but I want to announce that I am De-committing at the time. I want to take this time to see what's all out there and what's best for me and my family!

Edwards had been committed to Hugh Freeze and the Tigers since late November as the 4-star defensive line prospect committed to Auburn just two days after his unofficial visit during the 2023 Iron Bowl.

Now, Edwards will look to weigh all his options.

"I want to take this time to see what's out there and what's best for me and my family," Edwards said.

Rated the eighth-best prospect out of the state of Tennessee and the 32nd-best defensive lineman in the 2025 class

While Auburn was the Power 5 program to offer Edwards back in January of 2023, Edwards has since picked up offers from Tennessee, Mississippi State, Arkansas, Missouri, Georgia, Ole Miss and most recently, Florida.

With Edwards now out of the fold, Auburn's 2025 recruiting class ranks as the eighth in the country and sits with seven commits —

jbcarol

jbcarol

2026 DL Danny Beale 'feels like home' at Arkansas

by:
Chad Simmons

QuoteIt is still very early in the recruitment of Wynne (Ark.) Cross County interior offensive lineman Danny Beale, but he has already made a strong impression on multiple programs. Beale holds offers from schools including Arkansas, Georgia, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, Oklahoma, Texas A&M and USC.

The in-state Razorbacks are making the 6-foot-3, 300-pound recruit feel like a priority. Beale has visited Arkansas, as well as Arkansas State, Mississippi State and Ole Miss.

"I love the coaching staff and I love the environment too," Beale said. "I live in Arkansas, so it just feels like home."

jbcarol

Jahkeem Stewart is On3's early No. 1 in 2026

by:
Charles Power

Quote6-foot-5.5, 265-pounder from New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine is one of three five-stars in the initial release along with Ohio State wide receiver commit Chris Henry Jr. (No. 2) and offensive tackle Immanuel Iheanacho (No. 3).

Considered a top prospect for several years, it should come as no surprise that colleges are lining up for Stewart, with offers from virtually every top program in the nation. So far, Stewart has visited Alabama, LSU, USC, Georgia, Texas, Mississippi State and Ohio State, according to the On3 Visit Center. In-state LSU is out in front early.

jbcarol

TheTM Ohio State's trending for elite 2025 EDGE Mariyon Dye

by:
Keegan Pope

QuoteOhio State already has the underpinnings of another top-five class. OSU is also trending with one of the nation's elite pass-rushers, Elkhart (Ind.) Central four-star EDGE Mariyon Dye.

On March 5, a pair of picks were dropped in Ohio State's favor by LettermenRow.com insiders Matt Parker and Alex Gleitman, giving the Buckeyes a major lead. And Tuesday, 14 days after those predictions, Oklahoma recruiting insider Josh McCuistion followed up with one of his own in OSU's favor.

"Dye has an unofficial top four schools: Ohio State, Georgia, Tennessee and Miami," Parker wrote in explaining his pick.

jbcarol

2025 DL Floyd Guidry commits to TCU Horned Frogs

by:
Hunter Shelton

QuoteSpring (Texas) three-star defensive lineman Floyd Guidry has committed to TCU, he announced on Saturday evening.

He chose the in-state Horned Frogs while also holding offers from Houston, Texas, LSU, Texas A&M and others.

Guidry is the No. 712 overall prospect and No. 63 DL in the 2025 cycle

"First and Foremost I will like to thank all the colleges that have given me opportunities, but I gotta go with my heart," Guidry wrote in his announcement. "Seeing the Culture and Development around TCU I believe that can help me reach the next level."

6-foot-3, 260-pounder is now the fifth commit for Sonny Dykes and Co. TCU's class ranks No. 23 in the nation

jbcarol

Elite 2025 EDGE Isaiah Gibson commits to USC

by:
Chad Simmons

QuoteWarner Robins (Ga.) four-star EDGE Isaiah Gibson had never been to the state of California — let alone USC — until this weekend.

The 6-foot-4, 240-pounder wanted to check out what Lincoln Riley and Eric Henderson had going on though, and he was accompanied by a number of fellow prospects from the Peach State. The visit blew him away, from the Trojans' staff to the vibes in California, and especially the opportunity to play for Henderson, who previously coached Aaron Donald with the Rams.

All of that was enough to make him want to be a Trojan, and on Sunday he made his commitment to USC official.

He chose the Trojans over the likes of Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, and more than 20 other programs.

California dreamin'

jbcarol

Georgia sees 5-star DL prospect flip commitment to incoming Big Ten program
Andrew Olson |

QuoteGeorgia's 2025 recruiting class took a notable hit early Saturday.

Justus Terry, a 5-star defensive lineman who pledged to UGA on Jan. 16, 2023, announced that he has flipped his commitment to USC.

Terry's decommitment stings a bit extra, as he's a Georgia kid. Kirby Smart has long prioritized in-state recruiting

A standout at Manchester (Georgia) High, Terry is listed as measuring 6-5, 275 pounds. He is rated the No. 2 defensive lineman, No. 2 player in the Peach State and No. 8 prospect overall in the Class of 2025

Dell McGee was his primary UGA recruiter. Earlier this year, McGee was hired as Georgia State's new head coach.

No cause for panic

jbcarol

Indiana transfer EDGE Philip Blidi schedules visits to Oklahoma, Washington

by:
Pete Nakos

QuoteIndiana transfer EDGE Philip Blidi is making plans for his first swing of portal visits, he tells On3.

The grad transfer has gone through the portal process once before, transferring from Texas Tech to the Hoosiers last January. With one year of eligibility remaining, the pass rusher has landed on plenty of portal recruiting boards ahead of the spring window opening on April 16.

Blidi told On3 on Tuesday afternoon that he plans to visit Washington the weekend of April 5, before visiting Arizona the weekend of April. Texas A&M, LSU and Auburn are also pushing to land a visit from the 6-foot-3, 295-pound defensive lineman.

He also plans to visit Oklahoma from April 19 to 21, the weekend of the Sooners' spring game. TCU, Baylor, Cal and Missouri have also been in contact with the EDGE. In 12 games with 11 starts this past season, Blidi tallied 30 tackles, four tackles for loss, two quarterback hurries and a pass breakup.

During his time with the Red Raiders, he posted 39 tackles, six tackles for a loss and two sacks.

"The things that are important to me when it comes to a school that I'm going to pick, opportunity is very important," he recently told On3's Auburn Live.

jbcarol

2025 DL Landon Rink announces commitment date, top three schools

by:
Chad Simmons

QuoteCy-Fair three-star defensive lineman Landon Rink holds offers from nearly 40 schools. He is set to choose between three of them next week.

Rink will be committing to either Ohio State, Oklahoma or Texas A&M on April 3. The 6-foot-2, 280-pound recruit last visited the Aggies on March 26, the Buckeyes on March 18 and the Sooners on Jan. 27.

"These three schools stand out to me because of the development that they have," Rink told On3. "I like the culture at all of those schools and I have relationships with the coaches there."

jbcarol

Texas 4-star DL commit Brandon Brown visiting Florida

by:
Keegan Pope

QuoteMelbourne (Fla.) Eau Gallie four-star defensive lineman Brandon Brown committed to Texas in December, choosing the Longhorns over Miami, UCF, Florida and a number of others.

But a lot has changed since then, including UT defensive line coach Bo Davis leaving for LSU not long after Brown's commitment.

The Tigers have entered the mix with Davis now on their staff, but other schools are also still making a run at him, including the Gators. Despite not being one of the schools who pushed hardest for him the first time around, UF has turned up the heat:

"They just keep trying to get me there," Brown told Gators Online. "Trying to get me on the phone more and everything. I feel like they're good coaches. I haven't talked to them for real yet. I'm trying to get there and see the vibe in person."

Brown will indeed get to Gainesville, announcing a trip on Thursday

Brandon Brown 4⭐️ DT
Gainesville tomorrow 🐊

jbcarol

Nashville Ensworth '25 DL Ethan Utley gave a verbal to Josh Heupel and the Vols.

2nd of 7 hard commits to the Vol '25 Class now ranked 10th.

jbcarol

4-star DL London Merritt commits to Ohio State Buckeyes

by:
Hunter Shelton

QuoteBradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy four-star defensive lineman London Merritt has committed to TheTM Ohio State.

The Atlanta native chose the Buckeyes over the likes of Alabama, Clemson, Florida and North Carolina.

jbcarol

2025 DL Andre Fuller Jr. commits to Georgia Tech

by:
Keegan Pope

QuoteGrayson three-star defensive lineman Andre Fuller Jr. has committed to Georgia Tech, he announced on Saturday afternoon.

Fuller chose the Yellow Jackets over offers from South Carolina, Missouri, Louisville, Virginia Tech, Duke and more than a dozen other programs.

The 6-foot-2, 210-pounder is the first commitment in the 2025 cycle for Tech (and a heck of an engineer).

jbcarol

4-star DL Trent Wilson locks in his commitment date

by: Chad Simmons

QuoteTrent Wilson announced his top four schools. Ohio State, Oklahoma, Penn State and A&M made the cut for the four-star defensive lineman out of Dr. Henry Wise. There won't be four schools on top of his list for long. Wilson has locked in a commitment date.

"I will be committing to one of these schools on April 10," Wilson told On3. "I felt it was the right time to lock in and build with the school I'm committing to. There was no reason to waste time or keep traveling to these other places if I knew where home was."

Wilson was back in Columbus over the weekend. He was planning to visit Happy Valley on April 13, but he is not planning to take anymore visits.

jbcarol

DL DJ Sanders will take June OV to Texas

by: Collin Ginnan

QuoteBellville (Texas) four-star defensive lineman DJ Sanders made his way to Austin, Texas this weekend along with a number of other major prospects.

The 6-foot-3, 290-pound Sanders has been fairly reserved when discussing his recruitment thus far. Per On3's Justin Wells, Sanders will take an unofficial visit to Michigan on Monday and has scheduled an official visit to Texas for June 21-23.

'25 Bellville (Texas) four-star DL DJ Sanders was back on the 40 Acres.

jbcarol

2025 DL Wilnerson Telemaque narrows list to 6 schools

QuoteColorado, Florida, LSU, Minnesota, Missouri and West Virginia are the six schools left in the recruitment of Miami Monsignor Pace three-star defensive lineman Wilnerson Telemaque.

Telemaque tells On3's Chad Simmons that LSU and West Virginia are in the lead right now. He said that the connection with the coaches at those two schools has always been great, and that's what puts them ahead of the others.

He will take official visits to West Virginia on May 31 and LSU on June 14.

6-foot-5.5, 255-pound Telemaque does not have any spring visits scheduled, but is considering spring game visits for Minnesota and Florida.

jbcarol

Jared Smith to visit LSU

QuoteIt has been a couple of years since Hoover Thompson four-star EDGE Jared Smith has been to Baton Rouge.

That (is scheduled to change) this weekend.

Smith  is set to visit LSU this week for the first time since camping as a freshman, per On3's Chad Simmons.

He is the nation's No. 49 overall prospect, No. 5 EDGE and No. 2 recruit from Alabama in the 2025.

jbcarol

Miami 'setting the pace' for 4-star EDGE Zion Grady

by: Hunter Shelton

QuoteIt's approaching three months since Troy (Ala.) Enterprise four-star EDGE Zion Grady decommitted from Alabama.

The 6-foot-4, 225-pounder was one of the many 2025 prospects that backed off a pledge to the Crimson Tide following the shocking retirement of head coach Nick Saban. Since coming back on the board, Grady's recruitment really hasn't skipped a beat.

He got right back on the road in 2024 and has continued to take visits throughout the spring. That recently included another visit to Miami over the weekend. Mario Cristobal's program has continued to make impressions on the coveted defender —

jbcarol

Hillside '25 DL Darren Ikinnagbon gave a verbal to Kirby Smart and Georgia.

Picked UG over the likes of A&M and USC.

jbcarol

2024 Transfer Portal: Biggest Spring needs

Top national championship contenders

by: Jesse Simonton

QuoteThe spring transfer portal window starts April 16, and when the clock strikes midnight Tuesday, many expect a dizzying amount of movement.

Players who have already transferred this year can leverage their new schools for better NIL deals or bolt again, while others frustrated or discontent with their situation post-spring practice can freely move.

Hundreds of FBS players are likely to submit their name to the transfer portal, but the quality of prospects set to test the waters remains TBD

Every team has outstanding needs — even the best —

Georgia — Defensive tackle
Kirby Smart's Bulldogs, could use another interior defensive lineman

Texas — Defensive tackle
Like Georgia, the Longhorns could use another interior body to eat up some snaps.

LSU — Anything on defense
Brian Kelly is already on record that the Tigers will add defensive tackle depth

Ole Miss — Running back

jbcarol

jbcarol

Matt Zenitz@mzenitz

Kent State All-MAC defensive lineman CJ West has entered the transfer portal, @chris_hummer and I have learned for @247sports.

The 6-foot-2, 315-pound West posted 50 tackles and seven tackles for loss last season.

https://247sports.com/Season/2024-Football/TransferPortal

Kentucky lean :hmmm:

jbcarol

Auburn DL Brenton Williams reportedly enters transfer portal

By Matt Cohen |

QuoteAuburn defensive lineman Brenton Williams has entered the transfer portal according to reports

Williams is a focal local