Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gotta Brag Just a Little

Started by Brand X Hog Fan, May 13, 2013, 09:09:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Brand X Hog Fan

My son pinned on 2nd Lieutenant Friday. I used to kind of smirk at the ROTC program until I saw what these guys went through for 3 years and then Warrior Forge to top it off? That'll teach me to draw conclusions . . .

Congrats again Son!

[attachment deleted by admin]
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

99toLife

Congrats, work and commitment pays off.

SteveInArk

- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

WHITEPW

Congrats to you and him.  Do you know what his branch is?

cubsfan5150

Congrats man... one thing I hate about the AF is that they don't do the warrant officer thing.  I should have went Coast Guard.
QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: WHITEPW on May 15, 2013, 05:40:42 pm
Congrats to you and him.  Do you know what his branch is?

Army Nat'l guard for now.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

WHITEPW

Not sure how that works in the guard but the I would assume he is artillery or air defense by the red on his sleeves.  I'm air defense that's why I was asking. Thank you.

WHITEPW

When I look closer now he's ordinance.

bob slydell

That's great!  Was he prior enlisted?  It's not often that you see butter bars running around with 3+ rows of ribbons unless they have prior service.  And butter bar is a term of endearment from me since I crossed over to the dark side in 2010 and know all too well what being one is like.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

warriorlion

My son is leaving for basic next tues at fort leonard wood for the Mo national guard before starting college at Mo S an T in the fall. He made a 300 on his PFT last week at drill so he will be morE than ready for it. I spent 7 years in the USMC an reserves so I am very proud of him. Congrats to your son and his commission.

old hog

Congrats. Very proud moment.

Flying Razorback

Awesome!  Congrats!  That's the same day I commissioned, just 7 years ago.  It's been a fun 7 years for me, the pay is nicer now but I miss being a lieutenant.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

oldhawg

Congratulations to your son and you.