Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any Baseball happening in Baton Rouge today? nm

Started by Nutts and Bolts, April 29, 2006, 02:00:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross U (HDHF)

Hollywood_HOGan

Ross U (HDHF)

Yeah pitching around. Tying run is aboard. Winning run at the plate.

hogfan13

Crap. Not like last night. or game 2 of last weekends series

heathshogs

A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious

pbjones81

Ross U (HDHF)

Ross U (HDHF)

hogfan13

pbjones81

that was awesome right there.  I love hearing Chuck Barrett make the calls

Jerry Swinefeld

Yes.

Evened the series.

I'll be there tomorrow.

Go Hogs.

WPS

Ross U (HDHF)

Good game hawgs.  See ya tomorrow Hogville. Out.

hogfan13

Collis go's to 6-1 on the year

Wilhite go's to 1-1

CampuspostmanHOG

WagesHog

HokieHawg

You guys are my lifeline to all things Razorback baseball, and whenever the other teams aren't on TV. (Damn you RazorZone!)

berryhog

Thanks for the updates, guys.  +1 for both of you.   :razorback:

South_Ark_Pig

Quote from: pbjones81 on April 29, 2006, 02:22:53 pm
Quote from: CampuspostmanHOG on April 29, 2006, 02:20:54 pm
What does it mean when Chuck says "a 5-4-3 double play ends the inning? What's the 5-4-3?

I've wondered that as well.....anyone?  I would also like to know what a "walk-off" home run means?

5-4-3 doubleplay means that the 3rd basebman(5) fielded the ball, went to the 2nd basebman(4) for 1 out and he threw it to the 1st baseman(3) for the 2nd out, walk of homer means scored ties in bottom of inning anf batter hits a homerun to end game. this was probably explained earlier but i just logged on so sorry if i explained again.

pbjones81

Quote from: South_Ark_Pig on April 29, 2006, 05:06:45 pm
What does it mean when Chuck says "a 5-4-3 double play ends the inning? What's the 5-4-3?

I've wondered that as well.....anyone?  I would also like to know what a "walk-off" home run means?

5-4-3 doubleplay means that the 3rd basebman(5) fielded the ball, went to the 2nd basebman(4) for 1 out and he threw it to the 1st baseman(3) for the 2nd out, walk of homer means scored ties in bottom of inning anf batter hits a homerun to end game. this was probably explained earlier but i just logged on so sorry if i explained again.

Its the thought that counts ;)

chiefsfan

Any play to win the game by the team batting in the bottom of the last inning is called a "Walk off"  You can walk off ground outs in theory, though those dont happen.   Hogs had a Walk off Fielders Choice last year...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

maniax22bolts20

Good win by the Hogs today. Now for the series win tomorrow...
Great work as usual by the posters of Hogville.net covering the game !

South_Ark_Pig

Quote from: chiefsfan on April 29, 2006, 05:31:26 pm

Any play to win the game by the team batting in the bottom of the last inning is called a "Walk off"  You can walk off ground outs in theory, though those dont happen.   Hogs had a Walk off Fielders Choice last year...

but he asked what a walk off HOMERUN was, not just a walk off, which you are correct about.