Started by Nutts and Bolts, April 29, 2006, 02:00:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nutts and Bolts

A new era has begun in Fayetteville

heathshogs

Gentry flied out to CFon first pitch
Dugger flied out to LF
Ewing still batting

A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious

heathshogs

A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious

heathshogs

heathshogs

Hollander walked.
Sprowl singles. Holloway in a jam early

heathshogs

(Infield Fly Rule) pop out to 2B forStewart
Wise singles to load them with 1 out.

heathshogs

Holloway throws wild Ball 4 to bring in a run.
Pitching change. Still loaded 1 out down 1-0.

heathshogs

Maday in. He walked 1 in last night on only batter he faced.

heathshogs

6-4-3 Double play. And the Hogs get by giving up 1.
1-0 after 1st.

heathshogs

CampuspostmanHOG

What does it mean when Chuck says "a 5-4-3 double play ends the inning? What's the 5-4-3?

blueshog2001

cookie52

Keep doing it...some of us (like me) are stuck at work without a radio.

heathshogs

five= 3B man
4 = 2b man
3 = 1B man
so it's a 5 to 4 to 3 double play.
6 = SS I guess I may have got  that play wrong. 

pbjones81

Quote from: CampuspostmanHOG on April 29, 2006, 02:20:54 pm
What does it mean when Chuck says "a 5-4-3 double play ends the inning? What's the 5-4-3?

I've wondered that as well.....anyone?  I would also like to know what a "walk-off" home run means?

cookie52

3rd to 2nd to 1st double play. Position number...please tell me you know what those are..

heathshogs

Hamblin K's
Hum singles. Goes to 2B on wld pitch.

TulsaHawg

"5" is the 3rd baseman.  "4" is the 2nd Baseman.  "3" is the 1st baseman.

The ball was hit to 3rd. Over to 2nd for 1 out, and on to 1st for 2 outs.  A 5-4-3 doubleplay.

cookie52

Quote from: pbjones81 on April 29, 2006, 02:22:53 pm

I've wondered that as well.....anyone?  I would also like to know what a "walk-off" home run means?

Walk-off HR are HR that end the game in the bottom of the last inning...therefore the guy could literally "walk" the bases over, since it ended the game.

heathshogs

Hoolensworth pops up to 2B.  2 out

Walk-off HR means a homer that ends the game due to the batting team taking the lead in their final at bat..

TulsaHawg

Here are the position numbers:

1= Pitcher
2= Catcher
3= 1st
4= 2nd
5= 3rd
6= SS
7= LF
8= CF
9= RF

heathshogs

CampuspostmanHOG

Quote from: heathshogs on April 29, 2006, 02:22:52 pm
five= 3B man
4 = 2b man
3 = 1B man
so it's a 5 to 4 to 3 double play.
6 = SS I guess I may have got  that play wrong. 

Great, thanks...I just recently got re-interested in baseball I didn't remember that terminology. So those numbers are only given on the play that ends the inning I guess.

heathshogs

Actually he usually just gives them on Double plays whether they end the inning or not.

CampuspostmanHOG

Quote from: heathshogs on April 29, 2006, 02:29:43 pm
Actually he usually just gives them on Double plays whether they end the inning or not.

ah ha..and +1 for the play by play...takes lots of focus!

CampuspostmanHOG

heathshogs

Will Harris walks for the Tigers.
Bogany strikes out.
Lara goes down swinging.
Hollander strikes out looking.
after 2, 1-0 Tigers.

heathshogs

Parker grounds out to 2B.
Willard back to the mound Coleman will throw him out.
Gentry grounds to SS. 3 outs

heathshogs

Chuck mentions Holloway's arm has been sore. I hope he gets it worked out in the next week.

Hugehogsfan

How are we losing to the lowly LSU tigers?  I mean we are ranked #11 and they...well they aren't. 

heathshogs

Sprowl grounds out to 2B Willard fires to 1B,. 1 out
Quinn Stewart likewise grounds to 2B.
Willard makes the play on a chopper at SS to get JT Wise.
end of 3, still 1-0.

CampuspostmanHOG

if it rains they can suspend the game and finish it tomorrow before the 3rd game.

heathshogs

Because the "lowly Tigers" are still a very competitive SEC team. With a 28-16 record, ranked in the top 30 in a few of the polls, and playing at home.

heathshogs

Quote from: CampuspostmanHOG on April 29, 2006, 02:49:52 pm
if it rains they can suspend the game and finish it tomorrow before the 3rd game.

They'll have a few option.
If we get past the 5th, they can just declare that a game and just start game 3 Sunday.
We could play the remainder of the game Sunday, then the 3rd game can be a full 9 inning game or if schedules require it a 7 inning game.
I think the way things are going right now, we'll get a full 9 for the 3rd game.

CampuspostmanHOG

heathshogs

After 2 gone

Hamblin goes deep to LF to tie ti 1-1.
Yes!

heathshogs

April 29, 2006, 02:55:02 pm #36 Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 03:00:45 pm by heathshogs
Hum goes down on a check swing. To end the top of the 4th.
But Hamblin's bomb has tied it up 1-1.

heathshogs

Liuzza groounds to 3B.  1 out
Mayer hits to SS and is retired. 2 out
Line out to Gentry, Harris is out. And so are the Tigers

1-1 after 3

heathshogs

heathshogs

Hollandsworth gets new life on a foul ball that could have been caught just outside the line in RF.
He'll rip a single to LF.

hogfan064

Is there a video link to today's game?  I can't get on Razorzone for some reason

heathshogs

Walker fouls off a hit and run.
Walker Lines one right by the pitcher for another single.
2 on, 0 out in the 5th

heathshogs

Quote from: hogfan064 on April 29, 2006, 03:06:21 pm
Is there a video link to today's game?  I can't get on Razorzone for some reason

It's through the LSU site, but the link on Hogwired was working.

heathshogs

Parker bunts to the mound and they get the lead runner at 3B. We needed tha Sac.

heathshogs

Willard's pop up behind 2B is caught and there a re 2 out for Gentry.
Gentry fouls a several off to stay at 2-2 before finally grounding out to 3B
0 runs, 2 hits, 0 E's, 2 LOB. Still 1-1 middle of 5.

heathshogs

Bogany hit one off Maday's leg. Parker scoops it and tries to fire to first.The ball ends up in the BP and Bogany will be at 2B. Should be single and an Error.
Maday will stay in.

heathshogs

Stewart strikes out looking. 4Ks for MAday
Hollander grounds to 2B, Bogany will make it to 3B with 2 out.

heathshogs

Sprowl singles to LF. LSU gets the lead back 2-1.

heathshogs

Maday walks Stewart to put 2 on.
Rhoads will come in to pitch.

Hollywood_HOGan

man we had such a huge chance to make some noise when we had two men on base but the bunt decision i thought was NOT GOOD!

Swing the bat for a base hit!!

having two men on base with NO outs and not scoring really hurt.

Need one more out here.