Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas-Missouri State Game Thread (Revenge Game)

Started by hogfan13, April 11, 2006, 06:28:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan13

hogfan13

hogfan13

For those just joining DevilHog is in the running to take my place at Baseball thread updater and The game is 4-1 Bears in the Bottom of the 8th........ HOLY $HIT. IT WAS JUST 1-1

hogfan13

hogfan13

hOW DID IT GET TO BE 4-1

Keane homered to left field, 3 RBI; Pummill scored; Lawson scored

hogfan13

DevilHog abandoned his post. He needs to read my Baseball thread Rulebook

hogfan13

Inning Over.

Hum, Walker, Parker Due up in the 9th

pbjones81

Quote from: hogfan13 on April 11, 2006, 09:26:17 pm
hOW DID IT GET TO BE 4-1

Keane homered to left field, 3 RBI; Pummill scored; Lawson scored

that really sucks, almost as bad as my calculus test in the morning.

pbjones81

hogwired sucks too.  according to the live stats it is 4-1 hogs

hogfan13

Quote from: pbjones81 on April 11, 2006, 09:29:46 pm
hogwired sucks too.  according to the live stats it is 4-1 hogs
I'm looking off the Same stats at it shows 4-1 Mizzu St.

hogfan13

hogfan13

Tying run on deck if Parker reaches then Willard would represent the tying run

hogfan13

hogfan13

pbjones81

come on Arnold, hit a home run and save the game

hogfan13

ARNOLD SINGLES. WILLARD TO 2ND. HUM SCORES

4-2 MIZZU ST

hogwild32

how do you lose a two game series to a bad Missouri State team?  They shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Arkansas...baseball wise.

pbjones81

cmevere1027

our baseball team is like every other hogs sport AVERAGE at best

pbjones81

Quote from: hogwild32 on April 11, 2006, 09:36:36 pm
how do you lose a two game series to a bad Missouri State team?  They shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Arkansas...baseball wise.

By having a non-existant offense....speaking of that, I thought we were supposed to see the best offense in DVHs tenure at Arkansas this year?

hogfan13

Gentry reached on a fielder's choice; Arnold out at second ss to 2b.

But that was the 3rd out and the hogs lose 4-2 and fall to 25-9 on the year

Boss Hogg

It's funny how the coaches make it sound like we've got the best players in the nation.  That's what I like about DVH...he speaks his mind and doesn't give a crap what people think.

hogfan13

http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?tm=290383

TulsaHawg

Quote from: hogwild32 link=topic=55the 571.msg666225#msg666225 date=1144809396

"Bad"?  Upon what do you base that?  The Bears lead their conference.  There are some good baseball teams among the "mid-majors".  You remember Rice won the CWS a few years ago, and they aren't in a "power' conference. 

The Bears handled the Hogs both times they played us.  Scoreboard.  No excuses.

pbjones81

Quote from: TulsaHawg on April 11, 2006, 09:46:57 pm

"Bad"?  Upon what do you base that?  The Bears lead their conference.  There are some good baseball teams among the "mid-majors".  You remember Rice won the CWS a few years ago, and they aren't in a "power' conference. 

Yeah you cant say we didnt have our chances...On the other hand, it makes me sick to my stomach.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: pbjones81 on April 11, 2006, 09:49:08 pm
Quote from: TulsaHawg on April 11, 2006, 09:46:57 pm

Yeah you cant say we didnt have our chances...On the other hand, it makes me sick to my stomach.

I don't understand all the K's we have been having.  If the stats in Hogwired are correct, we struck out 10 times tonight!  We struck out 17 times Friday against Price, and several times Saturday and Sunday as well. We need to get that corrected!

The Cats are coming to town this weekend, and they are no pushovers!

These 2 losses to MSU are really disappointing!

jkstock04

Seems to me maybe their just better than us...sure the first beating they gave us could be excused as a fluke and or a letdown from previously winning a weekend series (that was sunshine pumper/ bowl cut Ricks excuse).  But, to me they proved it wasn't just a fluke the first time by beating us a second time tonight...it sucks, but thats the way I see it.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hogband6

Quote from: pbjones81 on April 11, 2006, 09:39:02 pm

By having a non-existant offense....speaking of that, I thought we were supposed to see the best offense in DVHs tenure at Arkansas this year?

You have to admit that our offense would be much better off with Marquardt and Tshepikow healthy.  Forsythe has hit a few homers, but other than that, he and Willard just aren't producing like JHM and Ben T. would be. 

PIGG

Quote from: hogband6 on April 11, 2006, 10:15:54 pm
Quote from: pbjones81 on April 11, 2006, 09:39:02 pm

You have to admit that our offense would be much better off with Marquardt and Tshepikow healthy.  Forsythe has hit a few homers, but other than that, he and Willard just aren't producing like JHM and Ben T. would be. 

Or Ewing.  We've had some pretty devastating injuries, but there is no excuse for guys like Dugger, Hamblin, and Hollensworth striking out like that.  Hollensworth had a chance to hit with bases loaded and he struck out to end the inning.  We have to start connecting.
Let's drink till we can't feel feelings anymore!
- Peter Griffin

chiefsfan

Quote from: jkstock04 on April 11, 2006, 10:15:25 pm
Seems to me maybe their just better than us...sure the first beating they gave us could be excused as a fluke and or a letdown from previously winning a weekend series (that was sunshine pumper/ bowl cut Ricks excuse).  But, to me they proved it wasn't just a fluke the first time by beating us a second time tonight...it sucks, but thats the way I see it.

In baseball losing to Missouri State is expected.  Its not that they are better then us.  For example, ASU has flat out owned ole miss the last 4 years.  Does that mean we are the better team, NO.  They would kill us should we ever play over a weekend.  Same applies to the Hogs and Missouri State.  But we are talking about a huge rivalry game for Missouri State, and a game the hogs could care less about.   And in baseball, the best talent loses alot too...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

pbjones81

what is the status of our guys that are hurt?  Are they expected to return soon?  Ewing, Tschepikow, Marquardt?

hogman64

Ewing maybe weekend after this......the other two are gone for the year.........