Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fire Dave Van Horn!!

Started by HamShank, March 27, 2006, 07:54:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pigture perfect

McDonnell for Governor - Van Horn Lt. Governor
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

toshortrock

whoever starts these fire threads,i'm tired of seeing them,they ought to ban them from the board
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

LA HAWG

It is pretty ridiculous to call for DVH to be fired.

LL COOL HOG

March 28, 2006, 06:58:40 am #53 Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 07:00:50 am by bigrod155
Quote from: RAZORBART on March 27, 2006, 12:35:26 pm
Quote from: bigrod155 on March 27, 2006, 12:22:03 pm
I WANTED TO POST THE SAME FIRE VAN HORN THREAD.  SMITE ME IF YOU MUST BUT THE OBVIOUS SARCASIM ON THIS BOARDS GETS TREATED LIKE FACTS. LOOSEN UP THIS IS THE INTERNET PEOPLE.  ITS LIKE A FEW PPL WHO POST HERE ARE ON BI POLAR.  FIRE HEATH...WAIT DON'T FIRE HEATH.....NO FIRE HEATH.. 
THE ORIGINAL POSTER WAS JUST MAKING A STATEMENT.....LIGHTEN UP PLEASE

If they were just trying to be sarcastic or funny then why do they keep posting trying to justify their stupid comments ?
Think you need to read all their post before making comments.

Ok razorbrat how many times did the original poster post in this thread before I posted.  Looks like twice.  If I missed one I'm sorry.  I did read all of the post and IMO  his comments were miss interpeted. 

Oh and to the person who called me a queer.  Well lets save the name calling for the sixth grade.  Theres nothing wrong with giving someone a hard time out of jest, but being rude to a complete stranger? 

Ugly Uncle

March 28, 2006, 07:59:48 am #54 Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 08:02:15 am by uglyuncle
Quote from: bigrod155 on March 28, 2006, 06:58:40 am
I WANTED TO POST THE SAME FIRE VAN HORN THREAD.  SMITE ME IF YOU MUST BUT THE OBVIOUS SARCASIM ON THIS BOARDS GETS TREATED LIKE FACTS. LOOSEN UP THIS IS THE INTERNET PEOPLE.  ITS LIKE A FEW PPL WHO POST HERE ARE ON BI POLAR.  FIRE HEATH...WAIT DON'T FIRE HEATH.....NO FIRE HEATH.. 

If they were just trying to be sarcastic or funny then why do they keep posting trying to justify their stupid comments ?

Ok razorbrat how many times did the original poster post in this thread before I posted.  Looks like twice.  If I missed one I'm sorry.  I did read all of the post and IMO  his comments were miss interpeted. 

Oh and to the person who called me a queer.  Well lets save the name calling for the sixth grade.  Theres nothing wrong with giving someone a hard time out of jest, but being rude to a complete stranger? 

Did you realize that you ended your post with "let's save the name calling for the sixth grade..." When you started this post by calling Razorbart, "Razorbrat"?

Just found that ironic.

Anyway, more to the point...It is pretty clear what is meant by people that start threads or say something like, "Fire Van Horn."

It is a clear defense of the coach(es) that should be fired.  That saying we as fan's are not informed and we are only looking at wins and loses.  That is as insulting as you being called, "queer" or calling Bart, "brat."  That we have been able to recognize incompetence when we see it.  It is more about the incompetence than it is the wins and loses. 
Retired Radio Host

LA HAWG

Ugly, you are right on the money.  Stan Heath and Houston Nutt are clearly incompetent, DVH is not.

RAZORBART

The original poster posted the following second post which says
"Well his SEC record is under .500 for his time at UA.  Those are the numbers people throw out when wanting Nutt and Heath fired.
This was my point.  I think Van Horn is more than capable.  I don't think he should be fired, but I just think we all have the tendency to get a little fickle on this board."

Does bringing up his record of being under .500 (which is incorrect BTW)
appear to be solidifying his sarcasm or support his fire Dave Vanhorn statement ? You make the call but to me it appears to support the latter ? As far as the cute little name calling, I am not guilty but like uncle brought up , we can not say the same for you my friend, however I will give credit where credit is due your juvenile name calling was more like 7th grade level than the 6th.

Chinese Emperor

And I dont think people realize SEC football is even tougher and sec basketball is just as tough as baseball. 

The sec is just tough, period, but if you are going to use that to explain losses in one sport you have to use it in all sports.
[/quote]

Can we all say amen to that, brother.  And by the way, I do not want Van Horn fired either.  But facts are facts.

HOGLUVIN

I would like to take this time, and this place, to congratulate the Hogs baseballers and DVH on doing a great job maintaining....

They have 3 FR infielders, one was a redshirt LAST WEEK, and Robison an outfielder his whole career holding down 2ND (and doing a fine job).
They top average hitter (Ewing @ .385 on the season) is out with a stress fracture and ...

We won Sunday, had a chance and should have one Sat against a very good GA team.

This team took some pretty good blows, got their noses bloodied, dropped 10 spots in the polls and all they have done is focus and get ready to play the Wichita State Shockers.

You don't see em in the media boo hooing, no heads dragging, no fighting just getting ready and feeling like they can win this series with WS...

This is a direct result of leadership, of course DVH, but also guys like NS who has been fighting, but no winning as of late, Hamblin and Parker, the guys that you know are helping DVH hold things together.

When these Hogs get up off the mat... look out SEC and look out Hoover.

hogfan064

Quote from: Chinese Emperor on March 28, 2006, 10:01:12 am
And I dont think people realize SEC football is even tougher and sec basketball is just as tough as baseball. 

The sec is just tough, period, but if you are going to use that to explain losses in one sport you have to use it in all sports.

Can we all say amen to that, brother.  And by the way, I do not want Van Horn fired either.  But facts are facts.
[/quote]

No, SEC baseball is much more tough.  10 SEC baseball teams are ranked in the Baseball America and Collegiate Baseball poll.  Please tell me 1 time that 10 football teams have been in the top 25.  6 would probably be the max.  So in SEC baseball you have 10 top 25 teams and a solid team in Ole Miss that would be a top 25 team if it didn't get beat up by the rest of the SEC.  SEC football is tough, but nothing like baseball

Chinese Emperor

OK, you got me.  SEC football kinda' tough, and basketball sorta' tough, but SEC baseball is really tough.  So I guess I can accept mediocrity in that too, huh?

LL COOL HOG

I must state that I like DVH.  I don't remember baseball being so popular with the fans before DVH.  I hope he can take us to the promise land.

HOGLUVIN

Quote from: Chinese Emperor on March 28, 2006, 10:58:23 am
OK, you got me.  SEC football kinda' tough, and basketball sorta' tough, but SEC baseball is really tough.  So I guess I can accept mediocrity in that too, huh?

season aint over yet. noone is accepting anything. DVH is bustin arse trying to regroup and just win.... no excuses. thats why we are patient.

hogfan064

Quote from: Chinese Emperor on March 28, 2006, 10:58:23 am

If you consider being ranked 13th in the nation by baseball america and being #8 in RPI mediocre then yeah I guess that's what we are. 

hoggiefan

Quote from: uglyuncle on March 28, 2006, 07:59:48 am

Did you realize that you ended your post with "let's save the name calling for the sixth grade..." When you started this post by calling Razorbart, "Razorbrat"?

Just found that ironic.

Anyway, more to the point...It is pretty clear what is meant by people that start threads or say something like, "Fire Van Horn."

It is a clear defense of the coach(es) that should be fired.  That saying we as fan's are not informed and we are only looking at wins and loses.  That is as insulting as you being called, "queer" or calling Bart, "brat."  That we have been able to recognize incompetence when we see it.  It is more about the incompetence than it is the wins and loses. 

Hey that could have been a typo....easily. 
But i agree with Bigrod, I think the guy that started this post was being sarcastic.

Chinese Emperor

Believe me, I'm on the DVH bandwagon.  I just think and believe DVH thinks we can do better than what we're doing...tough SEC baseball or not.   I still think he's gonna' get it done.  But I also say that stats are stats.  Until he gets it done, it hasn't been done yet. 

The fact that we've been to the CWS and several regionals bodes well.  When DVH gets all the parts in place, we'll be even better.  Bottomline, when DVH starts winning consistenly in the SEC, that's when we will have really turned the corner.  Until then, we'll be sorta', kinda', good, but not really really good.

hoggiefan

and by the way, i dont think Van Horn should be fired.

LL COOL HOG

Sorry Razorbart that was a innocent typo...please accept my apology.

hogfan064

Quote from: Chinese Emperor on March 28, 2006, 11:41:45 am
Believe me, I'm on the DVH bandwagon.  I just think and believe DVH thinks we can do better than what we're doing...tough SEC baseball or not.   I still think he's gonna' get it done.  But I also say that stats are stats.  Until he gets it done, it hasn't been done yet. 

The fact that we've been to the CWS and several regionals bodes well.  When DVH gets all the parts in place, we'll be even better.  Bottomline, when DVH starts winning consistenly in the SEC, that's when we will have really turned the corner.  Until then, we'll be sorta', kinda', good, but not really really good.

He is getting it done.  You've got to understand SEC baseball.  Do you think Florida and LSU are mediocre teams?  They have the same conference record as us.  A .500 record in SEC play is very good. 

Factual Fiction

Kodiak

This is funny!  Thanks for the humor!!
Due to the lack of interest, the remainder of this day has been cancelled.
K.I.S.S.  Keep It Simple Stupid!

mj4president

Good point made. (I like all of the coaches) I liked the point you made saying everyone wants everyone gone. Those kind of fans make up the majority of this site and that is sad. All they say is fire!!! fire!!!!
Why cant yall like Nutt? He has beaten Texas 2 times. Won a western sec title and has given us great memories (ex 1999 Tennessee) but i know yall will bash that by saying it was ford's recruits but hey he won didnt he. Check fords record and compare the two they arent even close. He will turn it around. He took us to like what 6 years in a bowl game? then has 2 bad ones and he should be gone with good classes coming in.
Why should Heath be gone? We finally made the tourney and didnt win ( i am not happy about the loss but at least we made it and i believe we will be back next year and make a good run through the tourney)
Dave Van Horn? Anyone who says that is a fool even if we dont do well (which i doubt that will happen)

I am sorry those coaches have to deal with awful fans like some here.
(not all) They work hard. Nearly all year long is work for them. Also, check the SEC it isnt the easy place to play sports wise.

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: mj4president on March 28, 2006, 09:03:21 pm
Good point made. (I like all of the coaches) I liked the point you made saying everyone wants everyone gone. Those kind of fans make up the majority of this site and that is sad. All they say is fire!!! fire!!!!
Why cant yall like Nutt? He has beaten Texas 2 times. Won a western sec title and has given us great memories (ex 1999 Tennessee) but i know yall will bash that by saying it was ford's recruits but hey he won didnt he. Check fords record and compare the two they arent even close. He will turn it around. He took us to like what 6 years in a bowl game? then has 2 bad ones and he should be gone with good classes coming in.
Why should Heath be gone? We finally made the tourney and didnt win ( i am not happy about the loss but at least we made it and i believe we will be back next year and make a good run through the tourney)
Dave Van Horn? Anyone who says that is a fool even if we dont do well (which i doubt that will happen)

(not all) They work hard. Nearly all year long is work for them. Also, check the SEC it isnt the easy place to play sports wise.

I can't even believe that post. 

Are you HDN's mother?  "Why can't yall like Nutt?"  YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.

It isn't about the wins and losses as much as it is about the losses that SHOULD have been wins with good coaching.  If you want examples of what I am discussing...go back and read MUCH MUCH MUCH more in other threads about the many short falls, unexplainable, inexcusable, completely ignorant things that HDN has done.  It has been documented over and over and over and over and over and over again.  I swear...people like you will keep pretending that "all is well" in the face of EVERY FACT to the contrary.  Please...read more and educate yourself on the documentation before posting such things again.  Before you make your 104th post infact.

I'm not usually this aggressive with my post...and I apologize...but I am so weary of willful ignorance of the obvious.  Take the blinders off and see the truth.
Retired Radio Host

Richard_white

Quote from: mj4president on March 28, 2006, 09:03:21 pm

He took us to 6 bowl games but how many did he win?  2

We had 2 good years in the SEC ( SEC, not overall record) and only 1 Western Division Title

0 SEC Titles

His recruiting is a joke

Chinese Emperor

Quote from: hogfan064 on March 28, 2006, 12:10:17 pm
Believe me, I'm on the DVH bandwagon.  I just think and believe DVH thinks we can do better than what we're doing...tough SEC baseball or not.   I still think he's gonna' get it done.  But I also say that stats are stats.  Until he gets it done, it hasn't been done yet. 

He is getting it done.  You've got to understand SEC baseball.  Do you think Florida and LSU are mediocre teams?  They have the same conference record as us.  A .500 record in SEC play is very good. 

I'll bet if you asked the Florida and LSU fans if they thought a 500 record in SEC play was very good, the answer would not be filled with positive vibes.  Sorry.  That's not gonna' fly.

HOGLUVIN

Anyone on here see/hear last nights game have any questions about this man's ability to coach or motivate just isn't paying close enough attention.

hogfan064

Quote from: Chinese Emperor on March 29, 2006, 10:15:46 am
Quote from: hogfan064 on March 28, 2006, 12:10:17 pm

I'll bet if you asked the Florida and LSU fans if they thought a 500 record in SEC play was very good, the answer would not be filled with positive vibes.  Sorry.  That's not gonna' fly.

So you think #7 in the RPI and a ranking of #13 in baseball america is mediocre also.  Have you ever watched SEC baseball?  Do you realize 10 teams are in the top 25?  In a conference that tough there are going to be teams with records below .500.    But if you think a RPI of #7 is mediocre then I guess we're mediocre