Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

uniforms

Started by hawgtime, December 09, 2017, 11:23:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

War Boar

January 19, 2018, 12:46:35 am #200 Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 02:13:22 am by Ark13
From everything I've seen in this thread it would seem our tradition is changing uniforms.

tra·di·tion
trəˈdiSH(ə)n/Submit
noun
the transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation, or the fact of being passed on in this way.

Just win. Everything else is gravy. But I do like those red chrome helmets.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Ark13 on January 19, 2018, 12:46:35 am
From everything I've seen in vthis thread it would seem our tradition is changing uniforms.

tra·di·tion
trəˈdiSH(ə)n/Submit
noun
the transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation, or the fact of being passed on in this way.

Just win. Everything else is gravy. But I do like those red chrome helmets.

I agree... Changing uniforms IS our tradition...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

RebelliousHog

I'm like some who say "I don't care what they wear as long as they win."

My question is: over the last, what, 8 years we have had a large variety of unis and helmets. Where are they now? Dumpster? Storage? Souvenirs? Hell, wear a different helmet every damn game. We certainly have enough.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Sow Lancelot

I would buy one of these for myself.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Hogindasticks

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: GuvHog on January 18, 2018, 04:35:04 pm
I really do like them. The only change I would make is to put Red Hogs on the helmets instead of the white ones.

I saw them (Cowboy themed unis) in person, and thought they were hideous.

WizardofhOgZ

January 20, 2018, 06:58:08 pm #206 Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 02:01:01 pm by WizardofhOgZ
I'm an "old school" guy who does not have a problem with "freshening" our classic look.  In that vein, I like ALL of these four versions (below) . . . SO LONG AS they are paired with our current solid red helmet (with white hog on the side).  Occasionally - for a "special" game - we can break out the red chrome lids.

I have always HATED white helmets for us.  For me, they will ALWAYS be "Texas wannabe" helmets.  However, in deference to varied tastes and an apparent predilection of the younger demographic to "all white" looks, I would live with ONE road trip a year with the all-white unis and white lid (with RED hog on the side).

I also like the white jerseys on the top (the ones with the red shoulders/sleeves0 paired with the red pants and classic (red) helmet.

The rest of those concept designs just don't make the cut, IMO.

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 18, 2017, 09:56:23 am
A few jersey concepts I saw floating around:

WizardofhOgZ

These are all very nice.  However, personally, I don't care too much for the alternate "home" jersey - the one with the white sleeves.  Just not a look I care for.

Otherwise, I like them all very much.  Cannot see whether or not the pants have a small Hog on the front-hip area, but that would be my personal preference.

Also - if you're up for it - I'd like to see the solid red and solid white jerseys with contrasting piping around the shoulder area, like our Petrino era Adidas jerseys had.  This picture of Mallett (below) shows what I am talking about.  I always though that was a very "clean" look and updated our classic solid jerseys without "re-inventing" them.  Unfortunately, the two variations in 200/09 also had either "tusks" or white blocks under the armpits.  I always wished they were just solid other than the piping.

I know some people don't like the red pants, but I'd like to see them paired with any of the road jerseys, with - OF COURSE - the traditional red helmet (or red chrome, for "special" games). 

Quote from: 010HogFan on December 18, 2017, 08:53:24 am
Here are some I made the other day...

Home:

Home alternate:

Away:

Away alternate:

w/ Chrome lids:

The_Iceman

ReservoirHog

Quote from: HenduHog on January 19, 2018, 12:56:55 pm
I'm like some who say "I don't care what they wear as long as they win."

My question is: over the last, what, 8 years we have had a large variety of unis and helmets. Where are they now? Dumpster? Storage? Souvenirs? Hell, wear a different helmet every damn game. We certainly have enough.

I think this is a pretty key point, which is in essence that we have no national identity as a program.
Or, we don't have a "thing".
Oregon's thing was uniform and facilities innovation. Boise State's thing is a blue field.
A&M's thing is a cult-like fanbase and an unhealthy obsession with male cheerleaders.

Bielema tried and ultimately failed to make our thing power football. Morris has the right idea by stamping a brand of "fast" on everything. Time will tell if it works.

Sed76

Hopefully they will get new uniforms this year since the Bielema era is over. Seeing those tusks on the sleeves is just a constant reminder of the previous era.

justmakeit2thebcs

Only Bama doesn't wear alternate unis on a regular basis.  If you think that uniforms can't help win a recruiting battles, you're crazy.   There is a reason everyone does it.  Do what it takes to win. We really only have tradition here, and that's the hog call.  We have a unique logo/mascot.  That's it.  Our 2007 unis were nothing more that copies of Bama & OU. 

Uniforms change, is okay. Life goes on.  Some of you would have bitched when the running Razorback logo showed up on the helmet for the first time in 1964 or when we changed the helmet from a white to cardinal helmet 1952.   

ArkansasI

Due to Alabama's success on the field, their uniforms get into the heads of their opponents.  If the Hogs win a few games in alternative uni's, then I suppose that the alternative uni's will be considered good luck, and maybe the new norm.

I understand that people and players get excited about what our uniforms will look like each year.  It seems a new look might correspond with new expectations.

I look forward to the day that the Razorbacks want to look like Razorbacks again.  With any luck, we'll be wearing Cardinal and White when we resume our winning tradition.

King Kong

We should go Chrome helmets full time

H&D

Quote from: Tusker4life on December 09, 2017, 05:06:49 pm
These are from when we finally tasted a little SEC success. A time I remember fondly. Classic Ark vs Ala.

Those look like practice uniforms.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

010HogFan

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on January 20, 2018, 07:09:07 pm
These are all very nice.  However, personally, I don't care too much for the alternate "home" jersey - the one with the white sleeves.  Just not a look I care for.

Yeah I didn't like that one very much either, but had a couple requests for it, so I went ahead and did it. I don't really care for it either.

The_Iceman

HawgSZN

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 21, 2019, 01:13:05 pm
Damn. you say his name he pops up.  This guy is legend status

Cotton

Just win damn it...
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

010HogFan

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on January 20, 2018, 07:09:07 pm

Otherwise, I like them all very much.  Cannot see whether or not the pants have a small Hog on the front-hip area, but that would be my personal preference.

Also - if you're up for it - I'd like to see the solid red and solid white jerseys with contrasting piping around the shoulder area, like our Petrino era Adidas jerseys had.  This picture of Mallett (below) shows what I am talking about.  I always though that was a very "clean" look and updated our classic solid jerseys without "re-inventing" them.  Unfortunately, the two variations in 200/09 also had either "tusks" or white blocks under the armpits.  I always wished they were just solid other than the piping.

I know some people don't like the red pants, but I'd like to see them paired with any of the road jerseys, with - OF COURSE - the traditional red helmet (or red chrome, for "special" games). 

like this?

WizardofhOgZ

Ha!  Came here to post that very picture . . . plus one other (see below).  I'm NOT a fan of the anthracite; but I do like them better with a red helmet (instead of grey).

I had mentioned earlier that I personally like it when we wear white jerseys, red pants and our classic red helmet on the road (think "Seventh Heaven" vs. Ole Miss).  And I'd like to see us do it with our current and/or new  uniforms.  See the pic below for that combo with one of our new commitments.

As for the chrome red helmets.  I, too, REALLY like them.  HOWEVER, I feel they should be reserved for "special" games - maybe a game in November when we are 8-1 and playing Auburn for the SEC West lead . . . or a Bowl game (like the one time when we did wear them) . . . something like that.  Kind of like Notre Dame has done with their green jerseys.  I personally think that they're too flashy for every game wear.

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 22, 2018, 01:51:12 pm
Another uni combo:

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Cotton

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on January 22, 2018, 02:09:22 pm
Ha!  Came here to post that very picture . . . plus one other (see below).  I'm NOT a fan of the anthracite; but I do like them better with a red helmet (instead of grey).

I had mentioned earlier that I personally like it when we wear white jerseys, red pants and our classic red helmet on the road (think "Seventh Heaven" vs. Ole Miss).  And I'd like to see us do it with our current and/or new  uniforms.  See the pic below for that combo with one of our new commitments.

As for the chrome red helmets.  I, too, REALLY like them.  HOWEVER, I feel they should be reserved for "special" games - maybe a game in November when we are 8-1 and playing Auburn for the SEC West lead . . . or a Bowl game (like the one time when we did wear them) . . . something like that.  Kind of like Notre Dame has done with their green jerseys.  I personally think that they're too flashy for every game wear.

1. Agree with your point on special games over. Love that idea.

2. I don't like the font used in Arkansas or Razorbacks on any of the recent jerseys.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Hoggish1

The simpler the uniform the faster a player looks.  Arena football look would not be attractive.  Let's play well, fast and look like we've been there...

Hoggish1

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on December 09, 2017, 03:24:02 pm

Don't screw up the helmets with those gosh awful stick-on things and stay with cardinal and white.

Couldn't agree more.  When the coaches tap your helmet for a good job, that's all that counts.

Hoggish1

Quote from: jvanhorn on December 09, 2017, 04:18:55 pm
I personally hate glossy helmets, not just football.  The glare takes away from the logo.

Bingo.  Alabama has no logo so it's not a problem but if anything detracts from the Hog we are dissing that magnificent logo!

Hoggish1

Quote from: The NewEra on December 09, 2017, 04:27:30 pm
I would like to see us go with something like the 1964 team or the McFadden years and stick with those.  Forget all this glamour stuff.

Yep!  Glamour comes on the scoreboard!

BaconAteHer

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on January 22, 2018, 02:09:22 pm

Anyone else notice the decals / team logos in the background? The saxeT one is upside down  ::hornsdown::  haha love it!

welchog

JFB on the uniform sleeves or back of helmet next year.  That decale of him with the headset was terrible.  Could barely see it and never make out what it was supposed to be when you did.

hawgtime

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 22, 2018, 01:51:12 pm
Another uni combo:

I like that!  there are several unis on here that are SHARP. I can't wait and it WILL bring us recruits!

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: 010HogFan on January 22, 2018, 02:01:40 pm
like this?

First - thanks for the effort.  I do appreciate it.

However, that's not what I'm talking about.  Take another look at the picture of Mallett.  The piping is the thin red line (in contrast to his whiter jersey) that comes down from the neck, and around the top of the shoulder pads.  The contrasting block (in this case, red) under the arms is something I want to get rid of.

So, I'd like to see that white jersey, without the red block under the arms, but with the red piping from the neck and around the pads, as in the Mallett pic.  I'd like to see pictures of that "road" jersey paired with both white, and red, pants. (and the pants can either be the same as we are currently wearing ~or~ with two contrasting stripes running the length of the pant down the side).

And, also the corresponding home jersey - red with WHITE piping around the neck/shoulder pads, NO white block under the arms.  This one with the white pants only.

In both cases, our solid (non-chrome) red helmets.

Simple.  Clean.

Thanks again.

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on January 23, 2018, 12:38:59 pm

However, that's not what I'm talking about.  Take another look at the picture of Mallett.  The piping is the thin red line (in contrast to his whiter jersey) that comes down from the neck, and around the top of the shoulder pads.  The contrasting block (in this case, red) under the arms is something I want to get rid of.

So, I'd like to see that white jersey, without the red block under the arms, but with the red piping from the neck and around the pads, as in the Mallett pic.  I'd like to see pictures of that "road" jersey paired with both white, and red, pants. (and the pants can either be the same as we are currently wearing ~or~ with two contrasting stripes running the length of the pant down the side).

And, also the corresponding home jersey - red with WHITE piping around the neck/shoulder pads, NO white block under the arms.  This one with the white pants only.

Simple.  Clean.

Thanks again.

The final Adidas jerseys you're referring to, to me, look like short sleeve hockey jerseys with that style piping. They also had those huge tusks on the rib cage and a very wide, disproportionate stripe on the pants. Our worst uniform in a recent memory IMO.

010HogFan

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on January 23, 2018, 12:38:59 pm

Simple.  Clean.

Thanks again.

Ahh gotcha. The cut of the jersey I'm using to photoshop on is a bit different and could make the piping look a little weird, but I'll see what I can do.

AirWarren

Chrome helmets. Full time.

ArkansasI

Quote from: 010HogFan on December 18, 2017, 08:53:24 am

Home:

Nice job with all renditions.  I'd change the one I've attached by:

- Replacing the hog in the middle front of the helmet with "HOGS".
     - Removing "ARKANSAS" from the front of the jersey, and enlarging the number.
     - Removing the hog on the sleeve.  If anything, put a collegiate white stripe on the sleeves.

Kinda fun to talk about this stuff.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: ArkansasI on January 25, 2018, 01:50:03 pm

- Removing the hog on the sleeve.  If anything, put a collegiate white stripe on the sleeves.

While any options (for sh*ts and giggles) are fair to request, I feel compelled to point out that (a) hogs on the sleeves have been features off and on for many seasons; and (even more importantly), "collegiate stripes" on the sleeves have NEVER been part of our unis.

Everyone has things they like or don't.  But I HATE the generic stripes, and one reason is that when I was growing up (50's and 60's), the football unis you could buy (in various Xmas catalogs) all had some variety of generic stripes on them.  Arkansas' uniforms had NO stripes, and that's what I wanted.  Still feel that way.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on January 23, 2018, 01:27:24 pm
The final Adidas jerseys you're referring to, to me, look like short sleeve hockey jerseys with that style piping. They also had those huge tusks on the rib cage and a very wide, disproportionate stripe on the pants. Our worst uniform in a recent memory IMO.

I'm NO fan of the "tusks', nor the wide stripes on the legs.  You'll note that the request I made (for an "artist rendition") is WITHOUT either of those features.  I just want to see the piping, by itself.

mevskithog

I always liked the away uni's from the "Childs please!" era.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: JONAS on December 09, 2017, 07:59:54 pm
These all whites look good as well.
Get rid of the fake tusks and these are great road unis. Swap the colors and they would be great home unis.  Minus the fake tusks of course.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

010HogFan

Quote from: ArkansasI on January 25, 2018, 01:50:03 pm

but the ARKANSAS on the front is the best part of the uni :(

Mjs84

What's this?  Another thread on uniforms?

The_Iceman

Quote from: mevskithog on January 25, 2018, 04:49:17 pm
I always liked the away uni's from the "Childs please!" era.

sowmonella

My vote is for these two.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 18, 2017, 09:56:23 am
A few jersey concepts I saw floating around:

I wonder what those would look like with articulated stripes that looked jagged like a Razorback... If you can pull that off even if it's ugly I'd like to get my mind around it.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: sowmonella on January 27, 2018, 09:50:03 am
My vote is for these two.

Those are nice.  I'd vote for them as well.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

The_Iceman

Recruits really seem to love this one:

hoghearted

I like them for a 'change of pace', special occasion sort of uniform. Sharp. Nice addition to the traditional.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

The_Iceman

Quote from: hoghearted on January 29, 2018, 11:04:07 am
I like them for a 'change of pace', special occasion sort of uniform. Sharp. Nice addition to the traditional.

They look a lot better at night than during the day.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HF#1

Quote from: hoghearted on December 12, 2017, 07:35:26 am
I guess I'm the only one who didn't like the Jerry Jones tribute uniforms. Looked too much like Ohio State.

If you redesigned them with red white instead of silver, they would be outstanding.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin