Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RIP my passion for Arkansas Razorback Basketball (1977-2017)

Started by Bogghawg, February 07, 2017, 09:35:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogghawg

I was 11 years old when my Dad took my brother and me to see the triplets and company play OU in Norman.  There was no way to get tickets to Barnhill and Norman was about as close a drive as Fayetteville anyway.  To say I lived and breathed Razorback basketball would be an understatement.  I was 12 when they went to the Final Four in St Louis. I cried when Sydney Moncrief played his last game as a Hog.  All through high school I planned my life around not missing a game on the radio and rejoiced when they got to play on TV.  It never occurred to me to go to college anywhere else and I did not miss a game the entire four years I was a student there.  Over the years since I drove my friends and family crazy with my passion and single minded focus on the Razorbacks.  I have invested a lot and my pride and love for my alma mater's traditions and history is undimmed.  But the current excuse for Razorback basketball is an abomination that brings shame on all who came before.  I was sad, then I got angry, but lately I realized I simply don't care anymore, and that is the worst of all.  Mr. Long is going to realize that apathy is worse than anger and eventually make a change unless he is asked to leave first.  I am not a fair weather fan.  I am not a racist.  I just have had enough. 
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

doc53

You are not alone. The apathy is growing.Its hard to watch.
I was THERE for the Pooch Kick

widespreadsooie