Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We play Last Night?

Started by WilsonHog, January 11, 2017, 07:05:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

Knot2brite

Didn't block out on rebounds, didn't square our shoulders on defense, didn't stop the ball, didn't move on offense and we missed too many shots near the goal.....and they hit a bunch of 3's
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Hooter

We didn't play but Miss State did

porkinsons disease

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 11, 2017, 07:07:22 am
Didn't block out on rebounds, didn't square our shoulders on defense, didn't stop the ball, didn't move on offense and we missed too many shots near the goal.....and they hit a bunch of 3's
^^^^this. Typical CMA coached game
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

revolution

No, we didn't play. Sad for those kids that our coach doesn't have a plan for beating a below average team. Mike is not tough. He is soft, and his team plays soft physically and mentally. This is his team, his roster and his program. If it under performs, and it does, that's on Marshmallow Mike!

The_Iceman

Fire Mike Anderson.

Enough is enough. Can't stand to watch getting out coached again and again.

Mississippi State hired a coach with 2 Final Fours and coached Mike right off the floor. He has brought top 10 recruiting classes to Starkville Mississippi and have three more 4-stars lined up for 2017.

And some think we can't do better.

It depends on your definition of "play"

PORKULATOR

We had a game, but we didn't play.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

HawgTrough

and the 3's they missed would brick hard enough where they'd cradle the rebound out by the charity stripe
WPS

bvillepig

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 11, 2017, 07:05:07 am
How'd we do?

We are 1-3.  Which is where I thought we would be.   Missed the TN game and this one.  No passion and it looks like our guys have lost confidence.  I saw some finger pointing on the floor. Still a lot of time but need to go on a run.

The real Hogules

We played exactly like our football team played this season - very little offense and NO defense!
In the first half I preferred Trey Thompson over Kingsley in the game.
Our low post players continue to struggle and don't look much better offensively, or defensively in year 4 than they do when they arrive on campus in year #1.
Watkins continues to get too many minutes for the talent he brings to the court.
Hannahs couldn't buy a basket in the first half, but played better in the second half.

I really wanted Mike Anderson to succeed at Arkansas, but something's got to change (preferably within the coaching staff) or I am FINALLY ready to move on.
Football's depressing enough without our basketball program joining them in mediocrity land!
I'll bet that "per win" we probably spend more on coaching salaries than Bama does!
Our A.D. needs to either demand a better over all program and stop accepting mediocre performances, or drop ticket prices and just admit that we joined the SEC for the $$$, but for the love of GAWD what we're doing now is simply not working.

Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Smithian

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 11, 2017, 07:05:07 am
How'd we do?
I didn't like these posts when Heath was coach.

I didn't like these posts when Pelphrey was coach.

Don't like them now.

TheRazorback500

MSU ran an effective offense with the proper rhythm and every shot seemed to be a good one. Our so-called offense was the same crap we've seen for years-no spacing, no movement without the ball, jacking up a contested shot with five or less seconds on the shot clock. Under CMA, it happens time after time, year after year. I had to go to bed with the red ass AGAIN!

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

tophawg19

we ran the Beagle defense . the whole damn pack chasing 1 or 2 guys around while the others were open for easy shots
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Ironhawg

Does anybody else think the Hogs looked like they were going through the motions last night?  They just seemed really flat, emotionless.

WorfHog

Quote from: Ironhawg on January 11, 2017, 07:39:53 pm
Does anybody else think the Hogs looked like they were going through the motions last night?  They just seemed really flat, emotionless.

Bo told me that Jeff Long said they were just tired from playing Kentucky. Said the team hasn't gelled yet, but that's not really Mike's fault becasue what is he the Head Coach? They'll gel in early February, just in time for the NIT.

Ironhawg

Quote from: WorfHog on January 11, 2017, 08:16:27 pm
Bo told me that Jeff Long said they were just tired from playing Kentucky. Said the team hasn't gelled yet, but that's not really Mike's fault becasue what is he the Head Coach? They'll gel in early February, just in time for the NIT.

The team hasn't gelled yet?  In mid-January?  And the head coach isn't responsible?  Got it.

WorfHog

Quote from: Ironhawg on January 11, 2017, 08:30:26 pm
The team hasn't gelled yet?  In mid-January?  And the head coach isn't responsible?  Got it.

I'm just repeating what I heard on the radio.

Kevin

Quote from: WorfHog on January 11, 2017, 08:45:20 pm
I'm just repeating what I heard on the radio.

Bo had his marching orders today. Every excuses he gave, would be fine in year 2or 3, but not year six
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Sivad

hobhog

Quote from: Kevin on January 11, 2017, 08:51:12 pm
Bo had his marching orders today. Every excuses he gave, would be fine in year 2or 3, but not year six

He has to be careful. Can't afford to burn bridges and is close to coaches. Completely understand. But like you said- the dumpster fire arguement was over in year 2.

East Clintwood

I didn't see it.

I recorded it, found out the result and then deleted the recording without watching.

I think I'll follow this plan for the remainder of the season.  Might even do it for football next year.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

lutherheggs

Other than all of that, it was a great game for the 40% of capacity crowd present and those watching on TV.

I'd say Anderson has finally hit his stride in year 6 as Arkansas' head coach. Lost first two conference home games and now 1-3 in SEC play. Last two times the Hogs lost first 2 home conference games, it did not turn out well by season's end.