Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A win tonight would be nice

Started by Razorod, February 23, 2016, 01:30:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorod

We've lost three straight, I believe, to LSU. I'd like to turn that around this evening.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Plus put a nail in LSU's NCAA hopes.

gmarv

it would be nice to get a win and knock them out of the ncaa tourney.because we all know its gonna be all about simmons on the broadcast tonight.

TexArkHogFan

LSU starting guard Keith Hornsby is out of tonight's game with an injury, possibly season ending.  That usually means someone will step up and play lights out.  If I recall, I think Hornsby beat is with a 3 from the corner with the game tied in last year's game at BWA.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

razoredge178

Quote from: gmarv on February 23, 2016, 01:47:06 pm
it would be nice to get a win and knock them out of the ncaa tourney.because we all know its gonna be all about simmons on the broadcast tonight.

At 16-11 the NCAA tourney isn't looking likely for them, W or L tonight. But agreed-- it's always nice to beat LSU, at any and all sports.

TrueBlue

They have sucked it up since beating Kentucky...gotta love you some Johnny Jones. He can recruit but can't coach worth a lick. I suppose he is continuing the tradition at LSU, because how does Dale Brown not have a Natty with some of the players he used to have when he was coach?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Time to put this team into the NIT

Uncommon

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 23, 2016, 02:12:48 pm
Time to put this team into the NIT
I think they've been there for a while.  I currently see them as a 4 seed in the NIT assuming current conference leaders win their conference tournaments.  Other SEC teams, Vanderbilt as a 3 seed and Georgia as a 6 seed.

SEC Postseason Picture
NCAA Tournament
5 Kentucky
5 Texas A&M
8 South Carolina
8 Alabama
10 Florida

NIT
3 Vanderbilt
4 LSU
6 Georgia

Arkansas has about 13 teams between them and an NIT bid.  Catch fire in two weeks and it could happen.

Danny J

Just hope that Ben isn't given the James harden treatment and is allowed to go to the line for being looked at the wrong way.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Danny J on February 23, 2016, 04:15:16 pm
Just hope that Ben isn't given the James harden treatment and is allowed to go to the line for being looked at the wrong way.

This!

A win tonight would at least give some confidence to the kids. As fans we can nitpick from dusk until dawn but the bottom line is that these kids have fought their guts out to give us every win possible.  They have just come up a little short in several games this year.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Karma on February 23, 2016, 01:41:05 pm
Plus put a nail in LSU's NCAA hopes.

And prove to all my stupid LSU friends that Johnny Jones is a joke of a coach.

MikePiazza

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 23, 2016, 04:30:08 pm

QuoteBo Mattingly @SportsTalkwBo

Moscona: I've been told Johnny Jones isn't in danger of losing his job. If they miss the NCAAT, he'll be coaching for his job next year.

Think this changes if they lose by 10-15 tonight?
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

elksnort

What's the line?

Too lazy to look

OK. Hogs -4

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Uncommon

Quote from: Razorod on February 23, 2016, 08:08:04 pm
That was nice!
It definitely gets some off Mike's back.  Hope we can grab a win at Rocky Top and get a season finale win at home against South Carolina.

rhames

Quote from: Uncommon on February 23, 2016, 08:08:52 pm
It definitely gets some off Mike's back.  Hope we can grab a win at Rocky Top and get a season finale win at home against South Carolina.

Agreed. I still don't get the bama hype.  If they play like this in Nashville they can do some damage
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Uncommon

Quote from: rhames on February 23, 2016, 08:13:57 pm

Agreed. I still don't get the bama hype.  If they play like this in Nashville they can do some damage
Alabama and South Carolina kind of have the same ranking and I'm hoping to have a winning season even if it's by one game.  We're very good at home so South Carolina would be 1 we could win and Tennessee is worse than Alabama so that would be the 2nd most likely win.  Alabama is just as good as South Carolina so I would say that is going to be the toughest of the 3 remaining games to win considering it's on the road.

WorfHog

Quote from: Danny J on February 23, 2016, 04:15:16 pm

He was, but fouled out and LSU lost in glorious fashion.

rhames

Quote from: Uncommon on February 23, 2016, 08:18:44 pm
Alabama and South Carolina kind of have the same ranking and I'm hoping to have a winning season even if it's by one game.  We're very good at home so South Carolina would be 1 we could win and Tennessee is worse than Alabama so that would be the 2nd most likely win.  Alabama is just as good as South Carolina so I would say that is going to be the toughest of the 3 remaining games to win considering it's on the road.

Bama is .500 in conference and if they lose tonight the same record as us

Just don't get the hype. If we split tenn and bama that would be nice.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

WooPig90

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 23, 2016, 04:30:08 pm

Agree, if you have the #1 player in the country and a top 5 recruiting class theres no way you should be this bad.

Hoggish1

I think we should play the way we did tonight, every night...

WorfHog

Quote from: WooPig90 on February 23, 2016, 08:44:37 pm
Agree, if you have the #1 player in the country and a top 5 recruiting class theres no way you should be this bad.

If Mike had LSU's team, we'd be making a run, not just an appearance.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: WorfHog on February 23, 2016, 09:17:49 pm
If Mike had LSU's team, we'd be making a run, not just an appearance.

That is true.  Now only if he could recruit them. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

LA Football fan

Excellent win and congrats to Mike and team.  Always good to beat LSU in any sport.   Hoping we go to Tennessee and pull out a road win and then finish strong against USC.  Would be nice to have a little mo going into the SEC tourney.