Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If you were a recruit

Started by Arazorbackguy1, February 21, 2016, 11:22:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Arazorbackguy1

And watched the Mic'd up segments during games, would you be impressed with what you see out of Anderson?  Why or why not?  Discuss
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Dr. Starcs

This is a tired argument, but I'll bite.
Those segments it is highly unusual for networks to broadcast any "x and o" strategies. The majority of coaches don't want that kind of thing being shown to the entire country including future opponents.

Trash please

lefty08

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 22, 2016, 05:43:40 am
This is a tired argument, but I'll bite.
Those segments it is highly unusual for networks to broadcast any "x and o" strategies. The majority of coaches don't want that kind of thing being shown to the entire country including future opponents.

Trash please

I'll add I haven't been impressed by any coaches during this mic'd up segment
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

hogsanity

Read Portis' comments about Mike Anderson's offense, then ask if a recruit should be impressed. The mic'd up segments are just tv filler, and provide no real insight into any coach in those short soundbites.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: hogsanity on February 22, 2016, 08:33:33 am
Read Portis' comments about Mike Anderson's offense, then ask if a recruit should be impressed. The mic'd up segments are just tv filler, and provide no real insight into any coach in those short soundbites.

SMDH

Just because you don't run sets doesn't mean you don't have defined roles or need to know what you're doing, and yes I read his comment.

hogsanity

Quote from: wheelspigharvey on February 22, 2016, 08:40:31 am
SMDH

Just because you don't run sets doesn't mean you don't have defined roles or need to know what you're doing, and yes I read his comment.

You would argue with God if He said Mike was not the greatest coach ever.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Breems

A recruit would probably care more that Bobby P is averaging 7.5PPG and 5RPG in the NBA than if we ran XY32 Inside-Out Thompson 380.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Jackrabbit Hog

You get a whole lot more insight from players being mic'ed up, although I suppose that would be hard in a basketball game.  For real entertainment, pull up the video (youtube, maybe) of JJ Watt against the Saints this past season.  Classic stuff.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: hogsanity on February 22, 2016, 09:01:00 am
You would argue with God if He said Mike was not the greatest coach ever.

Fine, motion offense is synonymous with no offense.

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 22, 2016, 09:18:23 am
You get a whole lot more insight from players being mic'ed up, although I suppose that would be hard in a basketball game.  For real entertainment, pull up the video (youtube, maybe) of JJ Watt against the Saints this past season.  Classic stuff.

Yeah I think if we listen to the press conferences when the players talk about the game, you get some good insight on how we talk about what we do on the floor.