Aaron Cooper (Jacksonville) 3 star

Grade .8218 Missouri State

Rashad Madden (Lepanto) 4 star

Grade .9819 Arkansas

Hunter Mickelson (Jonesboro) 4 star

Grade .9715 Arkansas

Aaron Ross (Little Rock) 4 star

Grade .9404 Arkansas

[This group, signed by John Pelphrey, was dubbed the "Triplets 2.0" by Archie Goodwin. Mickelson transferred to Kansas after two years. While Ross never made it to campus, the Texas Tech forward still has much love for the Hogs]

Archie Goodwin (LR) 5 star

Grade .9943 Kentucky

Bobby Portis (Little Rock) 5 star

Grade .9932 Arkansas

Dayshawn Watkins (Jacksonville) 3 star

Grade .8946 UAB

Anton Beard (NLR) 4 star

Grade .9636 Arkansas

Trey Thompson (Forrest City) 3 star

Grade .8470 Arkansas

Kahron Ross (Jonesboro) 3 star

Grade .8193 Lehigh

KeVaughn Allen (NLR) 4 star

Grade .9751 Florida

Marquis Pointer (Jonesboro) 2 star

Grade .7000 College of Charleston

Malik Monk (Lepanto) 5 star

Grade .9979 Kentucky

Eric Curry (LR) 4 star

Grade .9331 Minnesota

Payton Willis (Fayetteville) 3 star

Grade .9011 Vanderbilt

Some seriously elite in-state frontcourt on the horizon with Gafford, Henderson and Vanover. In fact, I've never seen so many highly ranked frontcourt players come out of the state in the span of two years - has anyone else?

I wrote about the above in far sunnier times, but things do change and I expect next year's influx of talent to make a big difference.
http://onlyinark.com/sports/razorback-basketball-giants-horizon/

As far as Kingsley going pro, I think it's a very good sign for Arkansas his name isn't popping up on mock drafts right now. Perhaps he's being a listed a 2nd rounder on some, but I haven't him in any mock first rounds. This time last year, Portis was in most mock first rounds.

Kingsley has a legit shot at the 1st round with another year. He will do himself a disservice to leave early without a serious shot at guaranteed money.
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes."
-Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

hawgtime

Quote from: edemire on February 18, 2016, 07:26:54 am
The recruiting grades below are according to 247Sports

Michael Washington (McGehee) 4 star

Grade .9781 Signed with Arkansas

Chris Brown (Searcy) 3 star

Grade .8556 Wichita State

Mykal Riley (Pine Bluff) 3 star

Grade .8556 Alabama

James Anderson (Junction City) 5 star

Grade .9905 Oklahoma State

Michael Sanchez (Springdale) 4 star

Grade .9655 Arkansas

Nate Rakestraw (Springdale) 3 star

Grade .8859 Arkansas

Trey Finn (Little Rock) 3 star

Grade .8556 Arkansas State

Andre Clark (North Little Rock) 3 star

Grade .8444 Arkansas

Malcoln Kirkland (Fort Smith) 3 star

Grade .8111 Oklahoma State

AJ Walton (Little Rock) 4 star

Grade .9576 Baylor

Fred Gulley (Fayetteville) 3 star

Grade .8734 Oklahoma State

Tyrone Hanson (Texarkana) 3 star

Grade .8556 Jackson State

Kenyon McNeaill (Conway) 3 star

Grade .8872 Louisiana Tech

Preston Purifoy (Conway) 3 star

Grade .8553 UAB

Grade .9819 Arkansas

Grade .9715 Arkansas

Grade .9404 Arkansas

[This group, signed by John Pelphrey, was dubbed the "Triplets 2.0" by Archie Goodwin. Mickelson transferred to Kansas after two years. While Ross never made it to campus, the Texas Tech forward still has much love for the Hogs]

Grade .9943 Kentucky

Grade .9932 Arkansas

Grade .8946 UAB

Anton Beard (NLR) 4 star

Grade .9636 Arkansas

Grade .8470 Arkansas

Grade .8193 Lehigh

Grade .9751 Florida

Grade .9979 Kentucky

Eric Curry (LR) 4 star

Grade .9331 Minnesota

Grade .9011 Vanderbilt

Some seriously elite in-state frontcourt on the horizon with Gafford, Henderson and Vanover. In fact, I've never seen so many highly ranked frontcourt players come out of the state in the span of two years - has anyone else?

I wrote about the above in far sunnier times, but things do change and I expect next year's influx of talent to make a big difference.

As far as Kingsley going pro, I think it's a very good sign for Arkansas his name isn't popping up on mock drafts right now. Perhaps he's being a listed a 2nd rounder on some, but I haven't him in any mock first rounds. This time last year, Portis was in most mock first rounds.

Kingsley has a legit shot at the 1st round with another year. He will do himself a disservice to leave early without a serious shot at guaranteed money.

not only do we need to have (GET) a coach that will keep them, but will also get out of state recruits to come to the hill.

RazorPiggie

Grade .8556 Alabama

Grade .9655 Arkansas

Grade .8859 Arkansas

Grade .8444 Arkansas

Grade .9576 Baylor

Grade .8553 UAB

Grade .9819 Arkansas

Grade .9715 Arkansas

Grade .9404 Arkansas

Grade .9943 Kentucky

Grade .9932 Arkansas

Grade .8946 UAB

Anton Beard (NLR) 4 star

Grade .9636 Arkansas

Grade .8470 Arkansas

Grade .8193 Lehigh

Grade .9751 Florida

Grade .9979 Kentucky

Eric Curry (LR) 4 star

Grade .9331 Minnesota

Grade .9011 Vanderbilt

If I'm Kingsley I'm looking at this team thinking: Do I really want to stay another year playing crappy unorganized basketball or go overseas and make some money?

JayBell

Quote from: hawgtime on February 18, 2016, 10:34:10 amnot only do we need to have (GET) a coach that will keep them, but will also get out of state recruits to come to the hill.

Even with all of the other failings, I think this is what ultimately does Anderson in.  Next season, Arkansas could have had a full lineup of in-state freshman.  Monk, Willis, Reaves, Curry and Smith are all going D-1.  Three are committed to SEC teams.

It took the Auburn loss for the shine to wear off of Anderson for a lot of fans, but they're not going to continue to sit by and watch in-state players routinely leave the state and have KeVaughn Allen-type success with SEC opponents.

JayBell

Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 18, 2016, 10:45:43 amIf I'm Kingsley I'm looking at this team thinking: Do I really want to stay another year playing crappy unorganized basketball or go overseas and make some money?

Folks were jumping through illogical hoops a year ago to try to come up with scenarios and rationale to convince themselves Portis and Qualls would come back.  It just didn't make sense.  It never did.

Now Kingsley is facing the same questions.  If Arkansas was a better program, maybe it would be a tougher decision, but athletic post players are more rare in the NBA these days and they're not guaranteed long careers.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Grade .8556 Alabama

Grade .9655 Arkansas

Grade .8859 Arkansas

Grade .8444 Arkansas

Grade .9576 Baylor

Grade .8553 UAB

Grade .9819 Arkansas

Grade .9715 Arkansas

Grade .9404 Arkansas

Grade .9943 Kentucky

Grade .9932 Arkansas

Grade .8946 UAB

Anton Beard (NLR) 4 star

Grade .9636 Arkansas

Grade .8470 Arkansas

Grade .8193 Lehigh

Grade .9751 Florida

Grade .9979 Kentucky

Eric Curry (LR) 4 star

Grade .9331 Minnesota

Grade .9011 Vanderbilt

Which probably means he'll take the Qualls route and go early.  Qualls could have come back, been a solid 1st round pick and probably gotten us into the NCAA tourney.

Instead he bolted to to not even have a solid contract and smoke pot.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

JayBell

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on February 19, 2016, 09:11:15 amWhich probably means he'll take the Qualls route and go early.  Qualls could have come back, been a solid 1st round pick and probably gotten us into the NCAA tourney.

Instead he bolted to to not even have a solid contract and smoke pot.

This is such a dick post.  First off, you think Qualls makes Arkansas a tournament team?  Not even close.  They could push for the NIT, but this team is way too weak defensively to be in the upper tier of the SEC with just one more star scorer.

Secondly, you want to act like he went pro just so he could smoke pot and you completely ignore his family situation.  He has a family to support.  That was always the reason it was dumb for people to expect him to come back when he had reasons other than basketball to go pro and earn money.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: JayBell on February 19, 2016, 09:14:14 am
This is such a dick post.  First off, you think Qualls makes Arkansas a tournament team?  Not even close.  They could push for the NIT, but this team is way too weak defensively to be in the upper tier of the SEC with just one more star scorer.

Secondly, you want to act like he went pro just so he could smoke pot and you completely ignore his family situation.  He has a family to support.  That was always the reason it was dumb for people to expect him to come back when he had reasons other than basketball to go pro and earn money.

Yeah you're right.  I'm a Johnson.
Humanity has completely evolved into homo superior since ~1997.  Before then, b-ball players stayed in college until they were sure they had solidified their place in the draft, even when they had family issues.

Nowadays, being superior humanity, gambling your career for a few bucks and some cannabis is the much better way to go.

You're also right that he wouldn't have made a lick of difference in all those 6 point or less losses or have lit a fire in some of our other losses, possibly pushing us into the NCAA tourney.

I bow to your omniscience.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

intelligence

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on February 19, 2016, 09:27:26 am
Yeah you're right.  I'm a Johnson.
Humanity has completely evolved into homo superior since ~1997.  Before then, b-ball players stayed in college until they were sure they had solidified their place in the draft, even when they had family issues.

Nowadays, being superior humanity, gambling your career for a few bucks and some cannabis is the much better way to go.

You're also right that he wouldn't have made a lick of difference in all those 6 point or less losses or have lit a fire in some of our other losses, possibly pushing us into the NCAA tourney.

I bow to your omniscience.

#BODIED

Inhogswetrust

That is downright sickening. To have that many good players leave the state or not sign with Arkansas is very telling. I'm not talking about only three stars either.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me: