Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Simple Poll(CMA as a game coach)

Started by Porked Tongue, February 17, 2016, 09:23:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

All things being equal, where do you rate Anderson's "in game" coaching ability?

Top 10%
4 (2.7%)
Too 25%
4 (2.7%)
Middle
38 (26%)
Bottom 25%
53 (36.3%)
Bottom 10%
47 (32.2%)

Total Members Voted: 145

Voting closed: February 20, 2016, 09:23:40 pm

Porked Tongue

February 17, 2016, 09:23:40 pm Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 09:58:43 pm by Porked Tongue
I'll go with bottom 25%.  I believe 3 out of 4 times the opposing coach can out coach him from a strategy and execution of sets perspective.

RazorPiggie

In game? Dude doesn't know how to make adjustments.

HogInThaGrove

Quote from: Porked Tongue on February 17, 2016, 09:23:40 pm
I'll go with bottom 25%.  I believe 3 out of 4 times the opposing coach can out coach him from a strategy and execution of sets perspective.

Agreed. I voted the same, but I may be being generous.

OperationRestoreHawgBall

Someone please type out the poll question. It is cut off in mobile

Porked Tongue

Quote from: OperationRestoreHawgBall on February 17, 2016, 09:27:12 pm

All things being equal, where do you rate Anderson's "in game" coaching ability?

intelligence

I don't think i'm qualified to answer this question. so not voting.too my untrained eye, i would say middle of the pack. he has moments where we execute sets nicely and it makes him look good. then he has moments where we are up 7 with 34 seconds and lose by 4, like tonight. substitution patterns are a major gripe.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

I voted middle because there are times when the color guy will point something out I'd missed.  So, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that there's more going on than I realize.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Danny J

Quote from: OperationRestoreHawgBall on February 17, 2016, 09:27:12 pm
"All things being equal, where do you rate Anderson's "in game" coaching ability?"

Just taking tonight's game into consideration? Horrible. I simply could not believe we kept doubling especially late in the game. We doubled and went for a steal during 3 crucial possessions under the 2 minute mark and all three possessions led to wide open 3 point shots that were made. We would have been better off fouling them every time they touched the ball once we hit the 4 minute mark. Likely would have won the game.

I would like to know how a 6'7" 250lb man beats our guards off the dribble? We were also beat off the dribble by a 6'10" guy that led to a double team in which he promptly passed out of to a wide open Lang in the corner for a 3. Our half court defense is terrible and I think pressing all game and all season has taken its toll. That is the only way to explain the last 3 games. So instead of adjust we double down on the bad defense and allow Auburn, who previously had not scored over 68pts their last 7 games, to score 90 in BWA. SMH

TrueBlue

LOL!!!!

Who is voting the top on this poll??

Porked Tongue

My point is simple.

>>>If you're not the best recruiter, you better have some homegrown talent that is easier to capture.

>>>If you're not the best recruiter, you better be a great "in game coach" to offset your lack of quality players.

He's no better than average at either. That doesn't work and won't work on a consistent basis.

OperationRestoreHawgBall

Does his system even allow for much in-game adjustment? I don't think so.

Atlhogfan1

I've always thought his weakness was preparation.  Scouting and preparing his teams for opponents.  The Nolan philosophy of make your opponents prepare for you and do as you want more than preparing for them.  Then when that isn't working once the games starts, you get to the subject of the poll. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Justifiable Hogicide

It appears the Three Stooges have voted.

BassinHawg

Chose Bottom 10% because there was not anything lower!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

nwahogfan1

Who does he out coach?  When was the last game you watched that CMA did something that you said CMA flat out smarted that coach tonight?????

He is very predictable.  I bet opposing coaches can read him like a book.

ICEman

I think Mike's teams shoot too 25% for my taste.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

sasnakrafan

My gripe is that you can see leads slowly erode late in games bc other teams are adjusting. We are not talking 2-3 points, we are talking 6+ points. I said tonite before the 4 minute timeout mark that if we aren't up by 4+ points  with 4 minutes left, we are gonna lose.

I think Mike is his own worse enemy. He was so confident in his press conference before he started and then on Miked Up saying we were gonna win because these Hogs are hungry. Well Fire can only win you so much, but good coaching lasts longer than fire.

Anyone tell me the last set play out of a timeout that Arkansas had that made you say .. Hmm wow that was a good play call.. I dare you. I usually say that for the opposition but for Mike I can't remember. I do remember Stan Heath having a lot of back screen picks and lleey oops to Olu or Ronnie Brewer. But I haven't seen one lately and I understand you need athletes for it to happen but I think most of our players are athletes and not specialized basketball players..

Breems

I voted middle. He has had middle-like success in his career, typically without superstars.

He for sure isn't top 25% which could make the necessary tweaks to at least beat Auburn on our home floor.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

lynbug

Quote from: Breems on February 18, 2016, 07:04:11 am
I voted middle. He has had middle-like success in his career, typically without superstars.

He for sure isn't top 25% which could make the necessary tweaks to at least beat Auburn on our home floor.

I voted middle.     But now that I'm thinking about it.  I watch as many SEC games as possible and it seems to my untrained eye that most of the teams have progressed throughout the season-----even Missouri.  Isn't that what all teams are supposed to do, even if they finish in the bottom four?

Sivad

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on February 17, 2016, 10:08:38 pm
It appears the Three Stooges have voted.
And now a fourth Stooge. Oh I forgot - "Larry, Curly, Moe and sometimes Shemp".