Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Article on the Anderson hot seat

Started by Captain Morgan, February 11, 2016, 01:23:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Morgan

Quote from: majp51 on February 16, 2016, 10:21:49 amBlowout losses to bottom dwellers for a "middle of the conference team" like the Arkansas program has been for 20 years will always be a big deal.
That's what's the frustrating part. Michael Anderson teams would usually fight and fall short on the road. It was a lot more satisfying knowing games like Dayton, Georgia and Florida that this team faught and faught. You figured the effort was there and we competing with just better teams and falling short. Then they go the state of Mississippi and look like lack of effort and motivation. Especially from the coaching staff.  :puke:

HoopS

Effort was there at OM, things just didn't go their way late. MSU was bad.

HawgAdvocate

February 16, 2016, 03:25:33 pm #152 Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 04:28:09 pm by HawgAdvocate
Quote from: HoopS on February 16, 2016, 01:44:12 pm
Effort was there at OM, things just didn't go their way late. MSU was bad.

The effort might have been better against Ole Miss, but it still wasn't good. 47-29 on the glass. They had as many o-boards as we did defensive.

As Andy Kennedy said post-game, when a reported pointed out the rebound differential and second chance points: 'that's an effort stat.'
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

naturalbornpigger

Quote from: Jonteviosk on February 16, 2016, 12:15:19 am
MA is a good coach. One bad year and all the trash that bemoans our program crawl out from under their rocks. These kids with a talent challenged roster and very limited true depth has played their hearts and aLL alot of trash on this site can do is ridicule them. As for Watkins offensively he has showed me more this year than I thought him capable of...Happy to be proven wrong...MA is not going anywhere anytime soon so move on and find a life. To all the filth and trash you know who you are crawl back under your rocks and leave us true fans to root for this team who has showed so much heart and determination. Truly sad these kids have given you trash complainers their hearts and souls and its nothing to you impotent bastards. GO HOGS GO MA....

Dude - you are like a cartoon character.  Too strange to believe.  Please show some evidence that MA is a good coach.  Or maybe it's your definition of good that differs from the norm.  And "so much heart and determination?"  Really?  Were you even alive when there really was a "40 minutes of hell?"  Crawling out from under rocks?  So I guess true fans like you just ignore the facts?   Watkins and offense?  In the same sentence?  Even he knows he' not a threat offensively.  That doesn't mean he doesn't bring value but even he knows it's not his role.   And "go find a life?" Immature, idiotic, and uninformed. 

Captain Morgan

Quote from: naturalbornpigger on February 16, 2016, 03:58:46 pm
Dude - you are like a cartoon character.  Too strange to believe.  Please show some evidence that MA is a good coach.  Or maybe it's your definition of good that differs from the norm.  And "so much heart and determination?"  Really?  Were you even alive when there really was a "40 minutes of hell?"  Crawling out from under rocks?  So I guess true fans like you just ignore the facts?   Watkins and offense?  In the same sentence?  Even he knows he' not a threat offensively.  That doesn't mean he doesn't bring value but even he knows it's not his role.   And "go find a life?" Immature, idiotic, and uninformed.

Jonteviosk or whatever his name is... I'm guessing that's FCJs new name on Jump Ball

Jonteviosk

Quote from: naturalbornpigger on February 16, 2016, 03:58:46 pm

This some of the trash I was referring to these kids gave us their hearts and souls and still
not enough for you. Jackass crawl back into your hole and rot. For other fans the eveidence is his development of players and Overall record is really good. Not a coach K but he is a good coach.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Jonteviosk on February 16, 2016, 10:32:53 pm
This some of the trash I was referring to these kids gave us their hearts and souls and still
not enough for you. Jackass crawl back into your hole and rot. For other fans the eveidence is his development of players and Overall record is really good. Not a coach K but he is a good coach.
Why you have to derail this thread because it doesn't fit your agenda?
This topic is open to rainbows and unicorns fans as well as guys who don't think CMA is the answer. Discourse and discussion on both extremes is welcome. No need to get defensive and angry because others have different opinions

Randy Johnson

The_Iceman

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on February 16, 2016, 03:25:33 pm
The effort might have been better against Ole Miss, but it still wasn't good. 47-29 on the glass. They had as many o-boards as we did defensive.

As Andy Kennedy said post-game, when a reported pointed out the rebound differential and second chance points: 'that's an effort stat.'

We do not value every defensive possession or rebound like an elite team should.

grayhawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 17, 2016, 06:36:19 am
We do not value every defensive possession or rebound like an elite team should.
I thought everyone knew going into this season we weren't an elite team.

Pork Twain

The hardest part about Arkansas basketball over the last 15 years is that I remember basketball the 10 years before that.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 17, 2016, 06:36:19 am

Sorry, but we don't value every defensive rebound like a SOLID, DISCIPLINED, WELL-COACHED team should.

Neither did Nolan's team, as far as that goes.

I will so this team has rebounded better than many of Mike's have.  Kingsley has the heart of a really good rebounder, but rebounding should be a team effort, and not fall to just one guy.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

hogsanity

Quote from: grayhawg on February 17, 2016, 07:09:16 am

I thought everyone knew Mike does not really care about rebounds, he has said as much.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

latrops

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on February 17, 2016, 07:19:00 am
Sorry, but we don't value every defensive rebound like a SOLID, DISCIPLINED, WELL-COACHED team should.

Neither did Nolan's team, as far as that goes.

I will so this team has rebounded better than many of Mike's have.  Kingsley has the heart of a really good rebounder, but rebounding should be a team effort, and not fall to just one guy.

This one at least in part comes back to the underwhelming recent recruiting classes.  Who do we have to help Kingsley on the glass or around the basket on either end for that matter?  We are just a small team, which can be OK in the right system with great players and execution.  We, however,  have too many personnel limitations and inconsistency.  Bell and Hannah's can't rain threes every game, and if they aren't both playing well, we don't have much else.

grayhawg

Quote from: hogsanity on February 17, 2016, 08:11:56 am
I thought everyone knew Mike does not really care about rebounds, he has said as much.
Yes but he does care about defensive effort, and people still should have realized we weren't going to be an elite team this year.

hogsanity

Quote from: grayhawg on February 17, 2016, 09:27:56 am
Yes but he does care about defensive effort, and people still should have realized we weren't going to be an elite team this year.

The problem is not that people thought we would be elite this year, the problem is all of those who don't seem to care, that it is just all fine and dandy.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Captain Morgan

Quote from: grayhawg on February 17, 2016, 09:27:56 am
grey, Anderson is the reason for that. Its his job and responsibility to bring in those type of players. We could be elite had he brought in those elite in state players but he wants his system players, because they will do what he tells them, even if the style of play is dinosaur basketball.  :puke: :puke: :puke:

The_Iceman

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on February 17, 2016, 07:19:00 am

That would have been a better way to phrase it. Thanks.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: latrops on February 17, 2016, 08:29:45 am
This one at least in part comes back to the underwhelming recent recruiting classes.  Who do we have to help Kingsley on the glass or around the basket on either end for that matter?  We are just a small team, which can be OK in the right system with great players and execution.  We, however,  have too many personnel limitations and inconsistency.  Bell and Hannah's can't rain threes every game, and if they aren't both playing well, we don't have much else.

I know what you're saying, but really defensive rebounding is not about talent.  Offensive rebounding is more about talent, but defensive rebounding is more about inside position, blocking out the offensive players, and that involves coaching, discipline, and commitment to doing what you've been coached to do.

But you can't be a good defensive rebounding team if it's every man for himself, ignoring blocking out guys in your area, and standing and watching the ball come off the boards, hoping you can outjump or outreach everyone else for the board.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Captain Morgan

So Howland out coached our coach.
Kennedy out coached our coach.
Now Pearl out coached our coach.

The defensive effort is awful and this is amongst one of the worst losses ever at Bud Walton Arena.

That was just sad to be out coached again

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: Captain Morgan on February 17, 2016, 08:45:00 pm
So Howland out coached our coach.
Kennedy out coached our coach.
Now Pearl out coached our coach.

The defensive effort is awful and this is amongst one of the worst losses ever at Bud Walton Arena.

That was just sad to be out coached again
A pattern is definitely developing.
Or is it a "system"?

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on February 17, 2016, 10:27:48 pm
A pattern is definitely developing.
Or is it a "system"?

I think it's a combination of being out coached and other coaches knowing how to beat the system  ;)

Pork Twain

Year five and MA finally has all his players in place. 
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 18, 2016, 05:45:08 am
Year five and MA finally has all his players in place.
Pork, Give him time to get his players. The players that fit "his" system.  ;)

Razorbackers

Quote from: Randy Johnson on February 17, 2016, 04:10:15 am
anyone can write an article

true, but not everyone can write for RAZORBACKER DOT COM

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Razorbackers on February 18, 2016, 11:23:39 am
true, but not everyone can write for RAZORBACKER DOT COM

Razorbackers, the more the absolute dumpster fire continues the more you will have to write on Michael Anderson.

Btw, on Jon Nabors show former Arkansas talk show guy TJ Carpenter called Anderson lazy and said he should be fired.

grayhawg

Quote from: Captain Morgan on February 18, 2016, 01:01:42 pm
Razorbackers, the more the absolute dumpster fire continues the more you will have to write on Michael Anderson.

Btw, on Jon Nabors show former Arkansas talk show guy TJ Carpenter called Anderson lazy and said he should be fired.
Now he just needs to convince Jeff Long and the PTB, and good luck on that one.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: grayhawg on February 18, 2016, 02:07:02 pm
Now he just needs to convince Jeff Long and the PTB, and good luck on that one.
The case or not Long had Anderson under contract through 2017. He extended him through 2020. That extension didn't make sense at the time and I'm sure the high level boosters, PTB and Long are all second guessing themselves about that extension

grayhawg

Quote from: Captain Morgan on February 18, 2016, 06:18:50 pm
The case or not Long had Anderson under contract through 2017. He extended him through 2020. That extension didn't make sense at the time and I'm sure the high level boosters, PTB and Long are all second guessing themselves about that extension
Wanna bet?

Justifiable Hogicide

The initial hiring of Anderson was forced on Jeff Long.
But that stupid extension is a head scratcher.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: grayhawg on February 17, 2016, 07:09:16 am

Many did because they know we don't have a coach that can put an elite team together.

grayhawg

Quote from: Captain Morgan on February 18, 2016, 11:01:35 pm
Yes I will bet £1 million

Which high level booster told you that?

Captain Morgan

Quote from: grayhawg on February 19, 2016, 06:42:03 am
Which high level booster told you that?
That information I can't disclose on HV. The person said that Anderson's contract was set to expire after the 2017 season with no buy out after that season.

That in January of 2015 that Arkansas was ranked and Long had a knee jerk reaction to extending Anderson through 2020 with Sexton securing Anderson a much more greatful buy out. He said Hogs beat Georgia on the road that week and the decision looked good at the time.

He said that looking back on it from the Portis, Qualls, Kapita, and Babb situations didn't help his crictism of Anderson extension. Then the situation with the players using £50 dollar bills was a big setback.

Then he brought up the topic of this year. He was irrate and angry with the recruiting efforts. He thinks Anderson is too stubborn with his style of basketball and lazy on the recruiting trails. He pointed out no one outside Arkansas and Missouri would even know who Mike Anderson is. He just doesn't believe He fits in recruiting circles like big time coaches do. 

He said that the Anderson extension could be a worse flop than Long hiring John L Smith. And we all know that hire was a bust.