Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gimme dunk is unsportsmanlike (Self)?

Started by GS99, February 04, 2016, 06:08:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

k.c.hawg

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 08, 2016, 10:18:35 am
That's me too. It's his team. If he doesn't like that then he is well within his rights as coach to read the kid the entire riot act AND have a come to Jesus meeting. Just don't do it in public.

Bill Self calls out his players in public all the time.This is nothing new with Bill Self's style.  He just got everyone's attention by saying it was the biggest "dick move" he had ever seen. 
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

jesterzzn

Quote from: k.c.hawg on February 08, 2016, 11:05:37 am
Bill Self calls out his players in public all the time.This is nothing new with Bill Self's style.  He just got everyone's attention by saying it was the biggest "dick move" he had ever seen. 

So what if he does it all the time?  Just because I didn't really know about it before doesn't mean I suddenly stop thinking its a "dick move" by the coach in this instance.

"dick move" by player + "dick move" by coach = what? ... Integrity?

rwspear

Quote from: Porquemada on February 04, 2016, 11:48:44 am
This won't play out in Arkansas this season. I'm afraid they'll rarely have a comfortable lead at the end of the game for a Razorback player to do this. Must be nice to have a program that your biggest worry is a player dunking the ball late in a blowout win.

have you seen a game this season or nah

k.c.hawg

February 10, 2016, 04:20:19 pm #53 Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 07:36:07 pm by k.c.hawg
Quote from: jesterzzn on February 08, 2016, 11:17:49 am
So what if he does it all the time?  Just because I didn't really know about it before doesn't mean I suddenly stop thinking its a "dick move" by the coach in this instance.

"dick move" by player + "dick move" by coach = what? ... Integrity?

He's 515-130 over the last 18 doing it "his way." He's made 17 straight NCAA tournaments and makes $6 million a year and could get any basketball job that comes open NBA or college. That being said, I'm sure your way to handle it would be better. I'm sure Bill Belichick would like to know your way to handle a team as well.

By the way he tried to play the kid in the next game and the kid passed, saying his back tightened up on him. So the big bully coach gave him another opportunity last night and the kid goes 16 min, get's 10 points, 3 boards, no turnovers and no dick moves. His best line in weeks.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

jesterzzn

Quote from: k.c.hawg on February 10, 2016, 04:20:19 pm
He's 515-130 over the last 18 doing it "his way." He's made 17 straight NCAA tournaments and makes $6 million a year and could get any basketball job that comes open NBA or college. That being said, I'm sure your way to handle it would be better. I'm sure Bill Belichick would like to know your way to handle a team as well.

Well sure, because the only rational response to commentary is "so, you could do better?"  Thank you, sir.  You are a great Hogvillian.

ShadowHawg

Mississippi State player dunked with less than 2 seconds to go without any contesting of his breakaway and a 5 point lead just minutes ago. Happens all the time.

Self is a jerk for saying anything in public. He needs to grow up and act like a man instead of using a bully pulpit on a kid.