Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game 33 Thread: #10 Arkansas (23-9) vs. New Mexico (16-15)

Started by ucahogfan, April 09, 2013, 09:03:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

Quote from: the10mann on April 09, 2013, 04:38:47 pm
On Mahan, who doesn't play 1st, McAfee, who doesn't start short, and Farris, who doesn't start 3rd.  Not sure why we're messing with the in-field, or why Farris and McAfee are in the game.   I know the usual line-up has had some problems, but this is like pouring gasoline on a fire.
Again, the error on McAfee is not on him.  He made a textbook play and Fisher should have had that.  If you would ask DVH who screwed up on that play and he would say Fisher.  Now if McAfee would have sailed the throw, it would have been on him.  Infielders are taught to make low throws in the dirt and let your 1B make the play.

ucahogfan

pigture perfect

This just doesn't feel right. We usually beat teams like this. Come on Hogs.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

ucahogfan

Padilla works the count full, and he is caught looking.  Simpson's 1st K and 3rd for the Hogs.

ucahogfan

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 09, 2013, 04:42:43 pm
New Mexico is a very good team.  Peterson and Garver would start on any team in the nation.

ucahogfan

TikiHog

ucahogfan

TEAM           1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9      R   H   E
Lobos           1   0   1   0   1                         3   3   1
Arkansas       0   0   0   0                             0   3   3

LOB
Arkansas - 3
New Mexico - 7

Up for the Hogs
Farris
Wise
McAfee

TikiHog

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 09, 2013, 04:43:54 pm
New Mexico is a very good team.  Peterson and Garver would start on any team in the nation.

they also have one of the worst pitching staffs

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Quote from: TikiHog on April 09, 2013, 04:46:04 pm
they also have one of the worst pitching staffs
Because their home park is a launching pad.

ucahogfan

jacobp

their home park does look awful small. It HAS to contribute to both their avg runs/game AND their team ERA.

TikiHog

Quote from: booogaga on April 09, 2013, 04:01:10 pm
We will get to this guy. Second time through the lineup we will throw down the hammer.

you meant 3rd time through right???

ucahogfan

jacobp

ucahogfan

Lobos           1   0   1   0   1                         3   3   1
Arkansas       0   0   0   0   0                         0   3   3

LOB
Arkansas - 3
New Mexico - 7

TikiHog

jry04

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 09, 2013, 04:42:43 pm
New Mexico is a solid club, with a top 100 RPI. They have had some injuries that just came back last week.

They lost by 2 to OU earlier in the year. They beat Oklahoma State in a game, beat Missouri State (who we play later and is currently 19-8 with a top 75 RPI), took two of three from SDSU, and lost 4-3 to Arizona State. I just hope if we lose this that we bounce back in game 2.

However, we are playing awful. No excuse to give up 2 unearned runs and not hit the ball like this.

ucahogfan

TikiHog

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on April 09, 2013, 04:51:21 pm
New Mexico is a solid club, with a top 100 RPI. They have had some injuries that just came back last week.

They lost by 2 to OU earlier in the year. They beat Oklahoma State in a game, beat Missouri State (who we play later and is currently 19-8 with a top 75 RPI), took two of three from SDSU, and lost 4-3 to Arizona State. I just hope if we lose this that we bounce back in game 2.

never said they werent good just tired of us getting shut down by guys we should be killing

the10mann

Quote from: ucahogfan on April 09, 2013, 04:41:03 pm
Again, the error on McAfee is not on him.  He made a textbook play and Fisher should have had that.  If you would ask DVH who screwed up on that play and he would say Fisher.  Now if McAfee would have sailed the throw, it would have been on him.  Infielders are taught to make low throws in the dirt and let your 1B make the play.

Fair enough.  He also bobbled a ball that would have turned a double play, though.

I just don't see the point in messing with the lineup three days before the biggest series of the year.  Just let the chips fall where they may -- even with the errors, we've at least been (mostly) winning.  Plus, Anderson seemed to have settled in at short.  Only had one error last weekend, right?

ucahogfan

Holley works the count full, and he singles into left.

TikiHog

Quote from: the10mann on April 09, 2013, 04:53:03 pm
Fair enough.  He also bobbled a ball that would have turned a double play, though.

I just don't see the point in messing with the lineup three days before the biggest series of the year.  Just let the chips fall where they may -- even with the errors, we've at least been (mostly) winning.  Plus, Anderson seemed to have settled in at short.  Only had one error last weekend, right?

I think DVH thought we would score some runs today and he could change things up

ucahogfan

You do know the runner on 1st was running and we probably wouldn't have gotten him anyway, right?

jacobp

I don't think they would've gotten two on that play. it would have been really close at 2nd, since the runner was moving early.

ucahogfan

Harris infield single as McAfee makes a nice diving play.

ucahogfan

Haggerty walks on 4 pitches to load the bases for Peterson with 1 out.

the10mann

Razorvision isn't working for me today, so I can only go by what Chuck says on the radio.  He said it would've been two, but I realize I'm not in the best position to know.

ucahogfan

Peterson just hit one foul that would have cleared the bases.

Junior RHP Thomas Altimont beginning to warm in the pen.

ucahogfan

Peterson down swinging.  Simpson's 2nd K and 4th for the Hogs.  HUGE out!

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Lobos           1   0   1   0   1   0                    3   5   1
Arkansas       0   0   0   0   0                         0   3   3

LOB
Arkansas - 3
New Mexico - 10

Up for the Hogs
Fisher
Ficociello
Spoon

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

TikiHog

Great job Simpson...amazing down 3 and all unearned

ucahogfan

Fisher hits it hard again, but flies out to the RF.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Pitching change coming up for the Lobos.

New pitcher is Junior RHP Josh Walker (2-0, 5 S, 4.76 ERA).

TikiHog

ucahogfan

Spoon singles up the middle to put runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Lobos           1   0   1   0   1   0                    3   5   1
Arkansas       0   0   0   0   0   0                    0   3   3

LOB
Arkansas - 6
New Mexico - 10

I have to leave in 10 minutes.  Someone else needs to take PBP then.

TikiHog

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Dr. Starcs

I'll go ahead and fill in the rest of the pbp for game 1 right now:

Hogs have a couple more errors and a handful of more men left on base.

Need to regroup for game 2.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Padilla crushes one that would have been gone any other day at Baum.  Spoon makes a nice running catch right in front of the 320 mark.

ucahogfan