Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Capital Sports Report HC firing...truth or fake news???

Started by kid squealer, November 20, 2017, 02:39:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kid squealer

Anthony Carusso reporting Bielema has been fired and will coach Friday's game...anyone know of corroborating reports?
SMITE ME JACKWAGONS!!!  I NEED TO BE THE -1 KING!!!

Tim Harris

They are quoting the same SB Nation report that came out yesterday.

kid squealer

Quote from: Tim Harris on November 20, 2017, 02:41:29 pm
They are quoting the same SB Nation report that came out yesterday.
10-4   sad but I nearly exploded with excitement

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: kid squealer on November 20, 2017, 02:39:20 pm
Anthony Carusso reporting Bielema has been fired and will coach Friday's game...anyone know of corroborating reports?
That is probably fake.

But both of those things will undoubtedly happen so it's only fake for the time being.

HognotinMemphis

It's true...just hasn't happened yet.

All of these pseudo news websites want to be able to say they broke the news first, so they are stumbling over themselves reporting that BB has been fired and basing it on each other's fake reports. Pretty funny stuff.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: kid squealer on November 20, 2017, 02:42:47 pm
10-4   sad but I nearly exploded with excitement
And this is incredibly sad for you.  That someone's firing would excite you.

Mike Irwin

There's a chance that he won't be fired but will simply take another job. It's accurate to say he's gone. It's not accurate to say he's already been fired. Not that they care. These days it really doesn't matter to be wrong.

Hog_Fink

my friend works in the athletic department. Bielema is out. it's known. They discussed having Nutt as interim AD, but they've hired an unspecified woman as interim. They all met her Saturday

The NewEra

Quote from: Mike Irwin on November 20, 2017, 03:11:53 pm
There's a chance that he won't be fired but will simply take another job. It's accurate to say he's gone. It's not accurate to say he's already been fired. Not that they care. These days it really doesn't matter to be wrong.

I hope he leaves for another job.  He saves face and we save money.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: galactivation on November 20, 2017, 03:12:35 pm
my friend works in the athletic department. Bielema is out. it's known. They discussed having Nutt as interim AD, but they've hired an unspecified woman as interim. They all met her Saturday
The unidentified woman was identified last week. She worked in the athletic department.  She's not new.

hawgon

Quote from: The NewEra on November 20, 2017, 03:13:39 pm
I hope he leaves for another job.  He saves face and we save money.

It doesn't really matter if he leaves for another job or we fire him and he takes another job.  His buyout will be offset by his new salary.

Seebs

This is all coming together nicely. Soon we will have new faces to complain about and not fulfill our every wish and desire.

In five years we will dredge up these old threads with 20-somethings thinking they have invented discord. No my millennial friends . We have been complaining about football since before you were born.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

007 License To Squeal

unspecified woman? Did you really type that?  She has a name.......Julie Cromer Peoples
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

EastArkHog 47

Bielema getting fired is like eating your cake and having it to, the guy is going to get at a minimum 5 million. I don't care that he's gone and sure as hell ain't sad for him.

Hog_Fink

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 20, 2017, 03:14:12 pm
The unidentified woman was identified last week. She worked in the athletic department.  She's not new.

is she hot or not?

Grizzlyfan

Piggie

Quote from: Seebs on November 20, 2017, 03:16:30 pm
This is all coming together nicely. Soon we will have new faces to complain about and not fulfill our every wish and desire.

In five years we will dredge up these old threads with 20-somethings thinking they have invented discord. No my millennial friends . We have been complaining about football since before you were born.

Now, that's funny......but true!
It's a great day to be a Bryant Hornet!

ricepig

Mike Irwin

Quote from: hawgon on November 20, 2017, 03:15:09 pm
It doesn't really matter if he leaves for another job or we fire him and he takes another job.  His buyout will be offset by his new salary.
Not necessarily. If he's fired and later gets a job that pays less than his Arkansas salary, Arkansas would have to make up the difference.
If he resigns and is never fired they owe him nothing.

Why would he do it that way? He's never been fired and it might be a pride and reputation thing to him. 

jcbville

Uhhhhhh. This guy serious right now?

You my friend represent so many people here. You do them proud and you bring a smile to my face. Thank you.

SemperHawg

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 20, 2017, 03:08:01 pm
If I was due a buyout of somewhere between 6 and 12 million dollars for being fired, I would hope you would all be excited for me.

In fact, I will issue a proclamation here and now... If I am ever fired from a job and my worst case scenario is to be paid 6 to 12 million dollars to go away then will throw everyone in this thread a party.  It will be epic, and most likely involve some kind of yacht, a free pair of ostrich leather boots, and a live giraffe. 

davglo35

Someone post a pic of this lady so we can see if she is hot or not.

jgphillips3

Friday is Bielema's last game.  There is no question about that.  Does he take another job, does he resign in a "golden handcuffs" moment, does he get fired straight up...who knows.  Doesn't really matter.  The Bielema era is over and the only question is the exact public form that takes.  Hopefully, he resigns as that gives him the best shot at another job (if he doesn't have one lined up) and looks better for all involved.

hawgon

Quote from: Mike Irwin on November 20, 2017, 03:22:02 pm
Not necessarily. If he's fired and later gets a job that pays less than his Arkansas salary, Arkansas would have to make up the difference.
If he resigns and is never fired they owe him nothing.

Why would he do it that way? He's never been fired and it might be a pride and reputation thing to him.

I'm assuming he gets a HC job that pays fairly comparably.  He isn't going to leave in his own for any job that isn't a HC job anyway.

The NewEra

And that will save money.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: davglo35 on November 20, 2017, 03:23:46 pm

mr. google is your friend.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

cjack

Quote from: Mike Irwin on November 20, 2017, 03:11:53 pm

Gone is enough for me
Woooo Pig Soooie!

lawhawg20

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 20, 2017, 03:24:16 pm
Friday is Bielema's last game.  There is no question about that.  Does he take another job, does he resign in a "golden handcuffs" moment, does he get fired straight up...who knows.  Doesn't really matter.  The Bielema era is over and the only question is the exact public form that takes.  Hopefully, he resigns as that gives him the best shot at another job (if he doesn't have one lined up) and looks better for all involved.

I don't think resigning is a part of CBB's personality from what I can tell. Do you think that is a realistic option?

moses_007

Quote from: davglo35 on November 20, 2017, 03:23:46 pm
She's mid 40s and gorgeous.

sowmonella

Are you kidding??  All of that came out when they fired Long. They didn't hire her, she has been here for several years as an Associate AD. Wow.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Hogginintheville

Quote from: SemperHawg on November 20, 2017, 03:22:51 pm
If I was due a buyout of somewhere between 6 and 12 million dollars for being fired, I would hope you would all be excited for me.

In fact, I will issue a proclamation here and now... If I am ever fired from a job and my worst case scenario is to be paid 6 to 12 million dollars to go away then will throw everyone in this thread a party.  It will be epic, and most likely involve some kind of yacht, a free pair of ostrich leather boots, and a live giraffe.

I'm in on that

HogPharmer

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 20, 2017, 03:07:50 pm

All of these pseudo news websites want to be able to say they broke the news first, so they are stumbling over themselves reporting that BB has been fired and basing it on each other's fake reports. Pretty funny stuff.

But we all know that you reported it first... Back in September.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 20, 2017, 03:17:10 pm
unspecified woman? Did you really type that?  She has a name.......Julie Cromer Peoples

unspecified woman?

where in the world does this stuff come from?????
The rest of the frog.

kid squealer

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 20, 2017, 03:08:01 pm
broski, I am interested in seeing my beloved Razorbacks win and if that means a new leader, then so be it!  IT'S BUSINESS BABY!  LET THE DOMINOES FALL!

HawgPound

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 20, 2017, 03:07:50 pm

It reminds me of a certain message board.

sickboy

Quote from: Seebs on November 20, 2017, 03:16:30 pm

It's the circle of strife.

PorkRinds

When it breaks, it'll be here instantly. Probably a few hours early in fact. If it comes from some random internet publication you can bet it isn't legit.

buldozer

Its a win-win if he takes another job! Or maybe win-win-win.... we win, CBB wins and Nebraska wins... Woohoo

HognotinMemphis

Welcome to last week, friendo.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Rayzback

Pretty sure there needs to be at least 25 threads on the same subject for it to be considered true.

Crap. Maybe the Gus Bus is on the move? Ok, make that 50 threads. Crap. NM
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

rljjr

Quote from: SemperHawg on November 20, 2017, 03:22:51 pm

Just making sure I get my name in the thread on the off chance you're this lucky.

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: moses_007 on November 20, 2017, 03:33:45 pm
She's mid 40s and gorgeous.
I will reserve further judgement until she shows how she handles the job. Geez, you guys should be ashamed. Judging her based off her physical assets instead of the quality of her character, intellect and decision-making. She's in a real job, not sandwich & baby making.

Meh, 4.5/10.
Dominic Fletcher following his homerun against Texas Tech in Omaha, "I thought they said this park was big?!"

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: galactivation on November 20, 2017, 03:17:57 pm
is she hot or not?

She has very pretty teeth and a pretty smile.  She could use a new hair style though.

hog1984

East Clintwood

It does matter. 

There are two different buyouts - one if he's fired and one if he leaves on his own.  If he's fired, we pay him - if he quits, he pays us.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma