Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why and how do people that don't go to games

Started by bythelake, November 18, 2017, 07:42:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: IronHog on November 18, 2017, 07:45:36 pm

Refund our taxes that go to UA and you'll have a point

Your tax dollars don't go to the athletic department. Geez. Get a clue.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Piggfoot

Quote from: hobhog on November 19, 2017, 08:29:51 pm
Then I'm a great Cubs and Cowboy fan too. I mean, who needs people in the seats and financial support? Throw in the Mavericks and TCU too. I watch them on TV all the time.

Ridiculous statement. Go to a game and sit thru seasons like this around the hardcore fans and you'd realize how wrong, arrogant and self serving you are.
I really don't need to explain my personal relationship with the Razorbacks. I was a B/M  Donor for 25 years in the name of another person.
He had eight tickets. I bought 6 and paid the entire scholarship. He was going
To have the tickets transferred but died first. Even though they cashed my checks
For twenty five years they would not transfer them.  After that I swore to never give the foundation a red cent. I still go to a couple of games a year.
My post was more about people less fortunate than me who are Razorback fans and can't afford it. Your attitude about who is s fan and who is not is wrong in many ways.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

hawaiianhogster

You can't build a stadium large enough to hold every fan in Arkansas. There are just over 70 k seats for all the fans that live in Arkansas?

There is one thing for sure all the fans that live in Arkansas, as well as those that live outside of Arkansas, have a choice in making. That is showing support from the pocket book. So yes the fans kinda do have a choice in who the head coach will be. If they show their support the coach stays. If they don't the coach is gone.

Pretty simple. Even the money guys want the fans money to come pouring in. Depends on who they hire the fans pockets might be emptied out on the program. Think about it.

hobhog

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 19, 2017, 10:29:54 pm
I really don't need to explain my personal relationship with the Razorbacks. I was a B/M  Donor for 25 years in the name of another person.
He had eight tickets. I bought 6 and paid the entire scholarship. He was going
To have the tickets transferred but died first. Even though they cashed my checks
For twenty five years they would not transfer them.  After that I swore to never give the foundation a red cent. I still go to a couple of games a year.
My post was more about people less fortunate than me who are Razorback fans and can't afford it. Your attitude about who is s fan and who is not is wrong in many ways.

The rules were very clear on ticket transfers. I did the same thing and lost 4 50 yard line tickets. I knew the risks.

Not saying anything about people who love Hogs and can't go to games, other than if you don't go or support them financially, you have liftle to complain about. Especially crowd size and how they spend their money.

Athog

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 18, 2017, 07:52:12 pm

Why would anyone listen to you?

You're the nut that's sitting outside in a cold rain watching a train wreck.

And you are the  jerk never watching a game but always having an opinion on what is wrong. That is the only time anyone hears from you!!

emdavenp

I am a Jacksonville Jaguar fan that used to live in Northeast Florida.  Now I live in Fayetteville. Am I a bad fan because I can't attend their games?

Shame on the closed-mindedness of the topic...

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: bythelake on November 18, 2017, 07:42:38 pm
think they have a right to have a say.  My bones shook today as it was cold.

Dam internet warriors.  You [CENSORED] are a liability to the ua.
There are 10, maybe 20, people that actually "have a say".  they decided that Long must go.  And if we want to cover the costs of the coaching changes they will be the ones that decide that as well.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: hobhog on November 19, 2017, 11:08:18 pm
The rules were very clear on ticket transfers. I did the same thing and lost 4 50 yard line tickets. I knew the risks.

Not saying anything about people who love Hogs and can't go to games, other than if you don't go or support them financially, you have liftle to complain about. Especially crowd size and how they spend their money.

You do know about tv contracts don't you?  Those 3 million or so watching the game at home or listening on the radio is worth just as much or more than the butts in the seats.  Only 80,000 max can go to a game.  Try getting $100 million plus out of them.  I doubt you could afford to go then.  But ha if your volunteering to foot the bill go ahead and keep your coach.

The Hawg Marshal

How many games do you have to go to in order to have a "say"? I only go to one or two a year so I'm guessing I don't count?

DeltaBoy

My last game was in Austin,  Bobby P first year!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Grag T

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 18, 2017, 07:52:12 pm

Why would anyone listen to you?

You're the nut that's sitting outside in a cold rain watching a train wreck.

Hahahahahaa end of thread right there
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

lstewart

Interesting lines of thought. Clearly anyone can be a fan. All you have to do is like the team. Don't have to go to games, don't have to donate money. But I do notice of the online friends that I have (Facebook, etc), the ones that are the most vocal complaining about crowd size, fire everyone, etc, probably have never paid to go to any type of Razorback event, never donated to the University, and them being happy or upset with the team has zero impact on the athletic department's bottom line. I don't buy the argument that watching the games on tv ensures they SEC tv contract funds come in. Is the SEC going to stop paying Arkansas their share of revenue based upon Neilson tv ratings? So, yes, anyone can be a fan. Lets use the term supporters for those that have direct money going from their bank account to UA athletics. Those folks have a little more say, in that they can reduce or cut off their support. Of course, only the really big boosters can have much impact individually. So, yes, we all are entitled to our opinions, and anyone has a right to express them.

Perennial 8-4 Team

Quote from: bythelake on November 18, 2017, 08:27:26 pm
Well, I hope we have a good crowd for the Missouri game and support the seniors. 

Long fired, check.

Bielema gone , check.

No reason for a less than full crowd.  Hot dammit.  Come on and put your butt in the seats or just keep talking bs.  Even when it's tough.

I'll give you a reason for a less than full crowd, Arkansas vs. UNC: The Rematch (hopefully)