Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA Champs

Started by thehill1414, April 03, 2006, 10:43:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

thehill1414

Now that Florida has won the NCAA championship, maybe our win will look a little better to everyone. I remember those who stormed the court just getting bashed after that game because "Florida was not a good enough opponent to do that against." We even got a letter in the student section from Broyles.  I just hope peoples' views on that are a little different now.  Now, if people were concerned about the fine part of it, that's a different story, but 5K isn't too much when you consider our athletic budget. My main point is that Florida is the best team in the country, and now everyone can see that it was actually a huge accomplishment when we beat them.

PHill94

Still think the 20 idiots that ran on the court was a complete joke. Act like we have been there, and we have. I think it makes the other team look better when you run the court because that just shows they are a better program and you shouldn't have won.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: thehill1414 on April 03, 2006, 10:43:28 pm
Now that Florida has won the NCAA championship, maybe our win will look a little better to everyone. I remember those who stormed the court just getting bashed after that game because "Florida was not a good enough opponent to do that against." We even got a letter in the student section from Broyles.  I just hope peoples' views on that are a little different now.  Now, if people were concerned about the fine part of it, that's a different story, but 5K isn't too much when you consider our athletic budget. My main point is that Florida is the best team in the country, and now everyone can see that it was actually a huge accomplishment when we beat them.

South Carolina has got to be kicking themselves.

Those guys swept the national freaking champions and ended up in the NIT.
If they would have only won two more games, they might have done some damage in the dance.

PHill94

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on April 03, 2006, 11:00:14 pm
Quote from: thehill1414 on April 03, 2006, 10:43:28 pm

South Carolina has got to be kicking themselves.

Those guys swept the national freaking champions and ended up in the NIT.
If they would have only won two more games, they might have done some damage in the dance.

They would have done better than we did no doubt. I honestly think we were bottom 5 in the tournament this year.

OklaU

The Hogs weren't the only ones to beat Florida this year. 
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."