Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

$100 to the first person who can spot an NCAA highlight featuring Arkansas.

Started by Tejano Jawg, April 03, 2006, 08:53:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tejano Jawg

I'll cut a check to anyone who produces proof.

Since our season ended a couple weeks ago, I've turned into the Queen Mother Bitch. But so be it! I'm sick of all the UCLA highlights...Duke highlights...North Carolina highlights...will they EVER show Scotty's shot that won our game? Not if it's Duke on the losing end. It's not the lack of love the media shows the Hogs...I'm used to that. (Plus, we have to earn it back.) It's all the overt gushing over those "traditional" basketball powers. Talk of "all the tradition" makes me want to puke. The worst part of our losing the '95 title game was UCLA winning it.

There's no bigger proof of my sickness for all the pub and hype of UCLA than the fact I'm actually rooting for the freaking FLORIDA GATORS! Smite me, move this to the Vent, kiss my @ss. I don't care.

(Sorry...maybe I'm just affected by the time change.)
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

imahoggie

do they show any of the 85villanova highlights, 88 kansas highlights,  or  97 arizona highlights when any of those teams won their only championship. the simple fact is that our tradition was for a few years under eddie and a few years under nolan....not the extended periods that  ucla, duke, north carolina, and kentucky have had. you earn respect... it isnt given.
Arkansan by birth. Razorback fan by the grace of god.

Shizzle

Its ESPN's love affair with the ACC and the Pac 10, I think it makes everybody sick, does me for sure. I was hoping when Dickie V was gone we could get some slack from Duke, Duke, Duke, but I see they are going to keep it going with Bilas.
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

rzrbacknTX

They just showed Thurman's shot in '94 during the Dick Enberg piece.

bigt54

Quote from: rzrbacknTX on April 03, 2006, 09:32:20 pm
They just showed Thurman's shot in '94 during the Dick Enberg piece.

You beat me to it, enjoy your $100
"I was not the best cause I killed quickly, I was the best because the crowd loved me."

TorsinAHog

I agree.  How often do you see Arizona, Syracuse highlights?  and ours was over 10 years ago and we havent done anything since.  You have to earn respect which NC, duke, KY have done.
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

Tejano Jawg

We have a winner! Sort of.

RzrbacknTX, pm me your address and a consolation prize is in the mail. The clip was too quick to see that it was Arkansas winning and Duke losing. No one but a UA fan or alum would know that was us. That's my point. But still...I'm not totally backing out of my offer. Congratulations.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

hogfancb