Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sadness Abounds!!!

Started by Razorfox, April 03, 2006, 02:59:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorfox

I can't believe that the University of Florida basketball program is considered a better one than the University of Arkansas program.  Isn't this the same UF that didn't even make a single NCAA Tourney appearance before the 1980's?  Isn't this the same Arkansas program that has 4+ historic Final Fours and two National Championship appearances in the last decade? 

Typically you don't see powerhouses born or die in this day and age of college athletics.  Almost all the football and basketball schools that have been considered at the top have been there a long time and for the most part don't lose their place at the top (unless it's for a brief time).  The same is true for the teams at the bottom.  Tradition and history typically dictate where schools fall, but in this case, Florida has obviously replaced Arkansas as an elite program in basketball and has done it convincingly in a ten year span. 

Sad, sad, sad. 

:(

TorsinAHog

welcome to 2006 when mediocrity is the rule rather than the exception at the UA.  Thats sad
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

LA HAWG

No team with a Stan Heath calibur coach can be considered a basketball powerhouse.  The real powerhouse basketball schools would never put up with what is going on at Arkansas.

Factual Fiction

Apparently moral victories are more meaningful these days.

HogInaStrangeLand

Florida lost a few games this year.

Who were they to again??

lyon98

Quote from: LA HAWG on April 03, 2006, 03:03:16 pm
No team with a Stan Heath calibur coach can be considered a basketball powerhouse.  The real powerhouse basketball schools would never put up with what is going on at Arkansas.

The downward spiral started nbefore Heath got here. Add the real power house football schools woud not put up with what happened here.
What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

zwhogfan

Exactly true. The downward spiral began before Heath got here. It needs to be turned around quickly. Good for us, we made the NCAAT, but we had the talent to make the sweet sixteen IMO. The program is improving at a snail's pace. Next year if we don't get to bare minimum the 2nd round of the NCAAT, then Heath needs to go, no more putting up with moral victories.

Razorfox

and I'm very grateful for that victory.  But winning a game here or there doesn't replace the overall non-success of the program as of late.  BTW, I am not trying to bash Heath in this post (or Nolan who was no more successful at the end of his term).  I am just expressing my sadness for the overall current condition of the program.