Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best case and Worst case scenarios for 2006 Razorback Football?

Started by LA HAWG, April 03, 2006, 08:42:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LA HAWG

I know the obvious answers but what do you truthfully think the best and worst case scenarios for this team are?

I think this team can realistically go 11-2 best case and 6-6 worst case?

Best Case with losses to Auburn and LSU and a bowl win.

Worst Case with losses to USC, Alabama, Auburn, South Carolina, Tennessee and LSU.

What are your thoughts?

fire_hog

I actually think the worst-case scenario would be 7-5. That would give Nutt juuust enough ammunition to keep his job, but not enough for any desperate program to come calling for his services. I know some of you will slam this, but I'd rather go 3-9 than 7-5.
In a coaching business so full of phonies who talk character only to bend the rules, who consider the definition of discipline a player's weight-room attendance, who wouldn't dare pull something like this because it might hurt recruiting, here's Joe Pa, four decades on the job and not giving a damn. Except about what's right. - Dan Wetzel, Yahoo Sports

hogfan064

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: LA HAWG on April 03, 2006, 08:42:37 am
I know the obvious answers but what do you truthfully think the best and worst case scenarios for this team are?

I think this team can realistically go 11-2 best case and 6-6 worst case?

Best Case with losses to Auburn and LSU and a bowl win.

Worst Case with losses to USC, Alabama, Auburn, South Carolina, Tennessee and LSU.

What are your thoughts?
I could see 11-1 plus a bowl game making it either 12-1 or 11-2.  That would only happen if we pulled a miracle upset of USC, then started rolling off some wins.  Since we get LSU in the rock, I would pick the loss to be either at South Carolina, or vs. Tennessee at home.

Worse case: 6-6

Landonhog

"I actually think the worst-case scenario would be 7-5. That would give Nutt juuust enough ammunition to keep his job, but not enough for any desperate program to come calling for his services. I know some of you will slam this, but I'd rather go 3-9 than 7-5."

WOW!  Need attention much??!! :puke:

hogfan064

Games we will  win

Utah State, ULM, SE Miss State, Vandy

Games we should win

Ole Miss and MSU

Swing games

Tenn, South Carolina, Alabama

Games we can win, but probably should lose

LSU, Auburn, Southern Cal

Best thing is there are no games we can't win

hogtusk

Best Case 12-0 , Things would have to happen just right and the stars aligned.

Worst Case 5-7, Injuries and bad breaks galore.

My Best guess, 9-3

GHG
Life is full of uncertainty, but I could be wrong about that.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

HognotinMemphis

This thread is gay. It's a futile exercise...completely meaningless.

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hogfan064

Quote from: HoginMemphis on April 03, 2006, 09:47:11 am

So is Texas, but we still let it exist. 

FLKeysGuy

Best case scenario:  it's Nutt's last season
Worst case scenario:  it's not.

pseudorabies

Quote from: HoginMemphis on April 03, 2006, 09:47:11 am

Didn't you give predictions on what the football and basketball teams where going to do last year?

RebelliousHog

Best case?. We win every game, win the SEC championship game and whip Notre Dames ass in the NC game.

Worst case? We lose every game by 50, become the laughing stock of the universe, every coach gets fired, and we face the sitting sun and commit ritual hari-kari.

As HIM said. It's a futile waste of energy to speculate at this time.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

zwhogfan

Best case 11-1 regular season, worst probably 6-6 or 7-5, with way enough for Nutt to keep his job one more year if we struggle.

LA HAWG

As most people typically do on message boards I am just trying to generate discussion and see what everyone's opinion is.  If you are not interested in this thread or think it is a waste of time then don't respond.

RedSatinHog

Best case:  The Hogs somehow pull off an upset of USC in Fayetteville, then settle for another glamorous trip to Shreveport for another appearance in the Independence Bowl after losing to Auburn, LSU, @ South Carolina, and at least one other team in the SEC.

Worst case:  The Hogs get shelled at home versus USC to start the season, then promptly follow that up by trudging through yet another 4-7 season, while all the Nutt Huggers cling to HDN for dear life for yet another year.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

VoR

Best case 10-2 reg. season 12-2 overall
Worst case 7-5 reg. season  7-6 overall*
What I feel we should be able to expect, minimum of 9 wins including bowl game.

*6 or more losses will probably mean HDN being asked to step down as HC which would then make this a best case scenario for most darksiders here.
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

rzrbaxfan

I think Nutt needs 8 wins to save himself.  Just seven means we've probably had just one big time win.  I don't think that's enough to save him.

Best case: 14-0 and a National Title.
Worst case 9-4 with a bowl win.

As Vanilla Ice said, anything less than the best is a felony.

BattleHawg

Best Case: 12-0 (which really isnt possible)
Worst case: 0-12 (which is possible, but VERY unlikely)

what do i think will happen?:  7-5

BH

HoggusMaximus

best case 11-1 (everything clicks with the new offense and reggie herrings defense plays awesome)

worst case 4-7 (no qb steps up again and our defense plays like last years first 5 games)

i think we dont even have to beat USC to have a stellar season

i honestly think we are either gonna go 8-4 or 7-5

HoggusMaximus

the crazy thing about our schedule these past few years is if we did win every game we played we would more than likly be in the National champ game with the teams we are playing every year.

hogsNbeer

Quote from: FLKeysGuy on April 03, 2006, 09:50:49 am
Best case scenario:  it's Nutt's last season
Worst case scenario:  it's not.

Dang...You beat me to it.... +1

Chuck Beavers

Best Case: Nutt, Markuson and Malzahn all have a group hug on the sideline after beating USC.

Worst Case: A fight breaks out on the sideline between the coaches during the fourth quarter of the USC game on national TV.

HoggusMaximus

lol! i am going with reggie herring with the left hook in the 2nd round. ko's HDN

Fatty McGee

There is no worst case:

1.  We do very well, Nutt figures out that getting out of the way of top assistants is good for his career.
2.  We do very poorly, Nutt gets canned.

Only bad thing about #2 is the people who made the last two hires are still calling the shots, but hopefully they've learned their lesson.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!