6. Tennessee        2-7

West

1. Alabama          7-2
2. Miss State      5-3
3. Arkansas         4-5
4. Ole Miss          4-5
5. Auburn            3-6
6. LSU                2-7

Remember top 8 make it to Hoover for the SEC Championship.  Hogs would either be 6th or 7th seed. 

T2 RZB

Haven't seen the score on the Bama/MSU today, but if Bama won that would make MSU 4-5 right?

hogfan064

Quote from: T2 RZB on April 02, 2006, 04:21:36 pm
Haven't seen the score on the Bama/MSU today, but if Bama won that would make MSU 4-5 right?

No MSU would be 4-4 with a loss.  They had a game rained out.  Bama I believe has already won

pigsooie1000

Vandy has been very impressive this year, the East overall has been better than the West.  This Friday, Price-Schmidt will be probably the best pitching matchup maybe in the nation this year.

SpaCityBulldog

T2 RZB

Quote from: pigsooie1000 on April 02, 2006, 04:28:29 pm
Vandy has been very impressive this year, the East overall has been better than the West.  This Friday, Price-Schmidt will be probably the best pitching matchup maybe in the nation this year.
They swept Auburn and took two of three from Ole Miss and now Florida.

PHill94

msudawgs64

April 02, 2006, 04:40:45 pm #8 Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 04:47:14 pm by msudawgs64
nope, our game is not over, 2-2, top of the 9th.

Tennessee is now 2-6..our Sunday game with them was rained out, so us and them only have 8 SEC games played.

Also remember this is a 30 game SEC schedule, there is plenty of time for these standings to change.

I think the West overall has been better than the East when talking about all games, look at the OOC schedules and the fact that the West has 4 teams that have already won 20 games, East has 2.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: hogfan064 on April 02, 2006, 04:17:02 pm
East

1. South Carolina   8-1
2. Vanderbilt         7-2
3. Kentucky          5-4
4. Georgia            3-6
5. Florida             3-6
6. Tennessee        2-7

West

1. Alabama          8-1
2. Miss State       4-4
3. Arkansas         4-5
4. Ole Miss          4-5
5. Auburn            3-6

Remember top 8 make it to Hoover for the SEC Championship.  Hogs would either be 6th or 7th seed. 

Tied with Ole Miss and a worse record than both KY and Vandy...that's about right for any Hog sport besides track, isn't it?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

ballhog™

The sad thing is looking at where the 3 teams we have played already stand in their division.  Bottom 3.  Never count out LSU.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

HatfieldHog

Today's heroic win was awesome from a fan's viewpoint, but it has to truoble Van Horn.  We did not blow Tenn. away this weekend.  Our run production must increase, and our pitching has to solidify.  It's gonna be interesting to see how things play out.

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

msudawgs64

we win our game in 11, 4-2, scoring 2 in the top of the 11th with 2 outs.

Modified standings..

East

1. South Carolina   8-1
2. Vanderbilt         7-2
3. Kentucky          5-4
4. Georgia            3-6
5. Florida             3-6
6. Tennessee        2-6

West

1. Alabama          7-2
2. Miss State       5-3
3. Arkansas         4-5
4. Ole Miss          4-5
5. Auburn            3-6
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

heathshogs

Interesting thing for the Hogs this year is that we play all our East teams first. So we've got 2 more weeks to jockey for position against Vanderbilt and Kentucky then we need to start picking off West schools. I seem to remember LSu starting slow in SEC play last year, they are always a threat.
A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious

PHill94

Saying LSU sucks means I'm comparing them to what they were. They aren't the baseball powerhouse they once were.

msudawgs64

Quote from: heathshogs on April 02, 2006, 05:55:00 pm
I seem to remember LSu starting slow in SEC play last year, they are always a threat.

they were 5-4 after their first 3 series last year, a 3 game drop off.  Of course 2 of their first 3 series last year to start were on the road, this year 2 of their first 3 have been at home.  1-5 in SEC @ home this year and they have been shelled in half of those.

HokieHawg

wow, when Tennessee is ranked 21st and is last place in the SEC East, you know that's a strong conference right there.

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: PHill94 on April 02, 2006, 04:36:02 pm
Man LSU really sucks this year.
Smoke Laval had large shoes to fill in Baton Rouge.  LSU fans will be screaming if their season is mediocre once again.  The LSU administration won't tolerate mediocrity either (are you listening UA admin).
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

yraciv

UAfan

Is Alabama really that good this year?

msudawgs64

Quote from: UAfan on April 02, 2006, 08:54:54 pm

yes, I do think they are.  They have a very solid pitching staff and have some bats to go with it, I personally think they are underrated, have a few bad losses on the record but overall a very good program.  Next weekend they are up against South Carolina, that should be a good series but then again USC is just killing the ball right now.

hogfan064

Quote from: msudawgs64 on April 02, 2006, 09:03:17 pm
Quote from: UAfan on April 02, 2006, 08:54:54 pm

yes, I do think they are.  They have a very solid pitching staff and have some bats to go with it, I personally think they are underrated, have a few bad losses on the record but overall a very good program.  Next weekend they are up against South Carolina, that should be a good series but then again USC is just killing the ball right now.

In it's last 5 games USC is outscoring its opposition 67-11.

boomo26

Quote from: HatfieldHog on April 02, 2006, 05:20:48 pm
Today's heroic win was awesome from a fan's viewpoint, but it has to truoble Van Horn.  We did not blow Tenn. away this weekend.  Our run production must increase, and our pitching has to solidify.  It's gonna be interesting to see how things play out.

See ya

It was not the offense that was a problem, it was the pitching.  We scored 13 yesterday, and 6 the day before, the should be enough to win most games, but when the pitchers can not hold Tennessee to less then 12 hits, it is hard.

Boomo

CharlieHog

Granted our bullpen hasn't been awesome, but the same wind that was helping us hit all those home runs was also helping their team.

So let's keep it in perspective.

HOGLUVIN

The force is strong with these hogs.

LSU is never out of it. West Teams appear to be struggling a little with the East. We could pick up a lot when we get in the West stretch. Anyone know when Ewing will be back. Just a date, no medical info.

WPS!