Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Offense Bounces Back in First Spring Football Scrimmage (Update)

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, April 01, 2006, 04:04:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

Some familiar faces spearheaded the offensive charge with McFadden (5 rushes, 102 yards, TD) and Hillis (4 rushes, 55 yards, 1 TD) displaying their talents and versatility. Robert Johnson stood out at QB by going 7-of-10 for 103 yards with 2 TD's.  To learn more Click Me .

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Anyone else suprized by Robert Johnson - "He really went through his reads. So I think the biggest thing is that Coach (Alex) Wood has got him to sit in there with his reads."

I guess Coach Wood is making a impact on the offense also.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

JIHawg

How about Stoltz leading in tackles and getting a sack.  If he would come on and show that he is a player, depth at linebacker would be a lot less concern.

TorsinAHog

Im not suprised. He was a QB coach in the NFL so I would assume he would be pretty good at the job.  I think he was a GREAT hire and we lucked in to him.  It will be nice to actually watch our QBs progress while they are here. HOWEVER R Johnson has always been known as a practice QB so I wouldnt get to excited.
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

idochog

I think I trust the Waterboy training the QB more than I trust HDN.  Im sure Alex Wood is a tremendous UPGRADE in coaching that position.
I love Jesus!

Hollywood_HOGan

Nope not surprised at all.

RJ was pretty good in practice last year too.

PigPusher

Have been on his band wagon from the world go.  You don't come into college the national number 7 high school dual threat QB without there being something there. He has just needed a little guidance which appears to be happening.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Smithian

I hhave been an RJ fan since MJ cried his way out of the Georgia and LSU games.

Robert Johnson atleast tried hard.

firecampbell

Good for RJ, I like the fact we have a system that actually gives these qb's a chance.

Hollywood_HOGan

April 01, 2006, 07:42:08 pm #9 Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 07:43:55 pm by Hollywood_HOGan
"Matt Jones cried his way out of Georgia and LSU games?"

Wow.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Smithian on April 01, 2006, 07:02:22 pm
Robert Johnson atleast tried hard.

With the added bonus that he hands off to the backs better than our other quarterbacks! :D  I called that hand off, Brotha!!!! ;D
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

endub

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on April 01, 2006, 07:42:08 pm

Wow.
I'll second that. I personally saw what happend in the Georgia game. My wife(who has no football knowledge at all), turned to me and said, "Thats the starter next year?" He was friggin running for his life.
"I jus wanna know where da gold at."

southeasthog

It took all of 5 hits for a nutt hater to come out on a spring scrimmage thread. I guessed 4. I lost.

TorsinAHog

Quote from: endub on April 01, 2006, 08:31:11 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on April 01, 2006, 07:42:08 pm

Wow.
I'll second that. I personally saw what happend in the Georgia game. My wife(who has no football knowledge at all), turned to me and said, "Thats the starter next year?" He was friggin running for his life.

Enlighten us please?  Some of us have been out of state for several years and have no idea what your all are talking about.
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

Smithian

We still had an extremely(Like, 1/1,000)small chance to beat Georgia... And he left the game. RJ stunk, but he didn't run off the field yelling, "Put in AMort."

Also, he did not play in his last series verse LSU. If I were a college player, I don't care if I am awesome or terrible(Most likely.), I am not sitting down my last drive as a college player.

zwhogfan

Stoltz could do some damage for us at LB. He wasn't named Gatorade POTY in Arkansas and given a scholarship by LSU for nothing. I think the guy has had quite a few issues to deal with over the pasy year or two. Hopefully he can put those behind him and come in and be the player everyone though he would be after highschool. It would really help us with our depth and LB and we wouldn't have to count so much on unproven freshmen next season.