Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 05, 2024, 02:55:35 pm

PorkRindJimmy

Started by IronMountainHog, June 02, 2020, 07:39:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IronMountainHog

I laugh at the boys who take little jabs at Jimmy when he's gone on bant, but they never say anything to him when he's here. Starting a thread and calling him out never happens, it's always these little drive by posts and moving on. Here's the thing fellers, Jimmy is the funniest, most entertaining guy on the whole site. I have had moderators say it, I have had fellow posters say it. The dude is known in every forum on Hogville. I give credit to Jimmy Boarfett for letting Jimmy do Jimmy. You wouldn't believe the PM's I get asking about how he's doing. From time to time, I step away from the DST busy doing other things, especially during lake and vacation season. I stick my nose in just to see what's up usually without posting. What I see is a forum that is not near as fun when Jimmy is absent. There are some really talented writers on here and we feed off of each other. A year ago Jimmy argued with me non stop, frankly I couldn't stand the guy. After a few months I learned to appreciate his humor, his talent at telling a story, and his penmanship. His talent is unparalleled on here. Strong is probably the second most skilled poster with all the same attributes. And I don't mean on DST, I mean on the whole board right next to Jimmy. Strong gets us, he understands that if you don't get the joke, you are part of the joke. I love the talent on here, Double Reed, Golf, amongst others. I appreciate the old timers Rev, OTR, Mike. I dig the regulars, the Cottons, the bolos on the board. Unfortunately we have too many people who take this stuff too personal, too serious, and actually think we are serious. Good grief, get over yourselves boys. I have had people ask if I was banned, no I wasn't. Do I push the envelope sometimes? Sure. Do I push it as far as Jimmy? No. Jimmy is a good friend and I will stick with him on here. Thanks to all who have reached out to me and for the snowflakes who don't get the joke....Jimmy is the Mayor of Hogville, just like he's the Mayor if every town he is in LOL.

IronMountainHog

I saw the term killjoy written earlier and that is what permeates this place. Everyone having a good time and someone comes in and lets the damn air out. Stay out of the threads where we joke and talk crap if you are too immature to see the humor. These folks beotch about it, yet come in and ruin the thread. I want this place to make people smile and have a few laughs. When threats and hard feelings emerge, we are no different than the jerks out in the streets.

bolo

I think I said something to him one night when I was drinking some light beer but really can't remember all of it lol
R.I.P OTR
R.I.P PRJ
2023 March Maddest Champion with a little help from my friends

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Though some of the stories I tell are true don't take any of the other crazy nonsense to heart. (Yes the story of dayday was true.)
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

IronMountainHog

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on June 02, 2020, 08:34:50 pm
Though some of the stories I tell are true don't take any of the other crazy nonsense to heart. (Yes the story of dayday was true.)

You are alright Reed, I wish more posters were like you bro. You are funny, snarky, you have good takes, and you get it. 🤜 🤛

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: IronMountainHog on June 02, 2020, 08:41:55 pm
You are alright Reed, I wish more posters were like you bro. You are funny, snarky, you have good takes, and you get it. 🤜 🤛
Life's too short for it to be a drag the majority of the time.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

PonderinHog

bolo

R.I.P OTR
R.I.P PRJ
2023 March Maddest Champion with a little help from my friends

GolfNut57

Quote from: IronMountainHog on June 02, 2020, 07:39:20 pm
I laugh at the boys who take little jabs at Jimmy when he's gone on bant, but they never say anything to him when he's here. Starting a thread and calling him out never happens, it's always these little drive by posts and moving on. Here's the thing fellers, Jimmy is the funniest, most entertaining guy on the whole site. I have had moderators say it, I have had fellow posters say it. The dude is known in every forum on Hogville. I give credit to Jimmy Boarfett for letting Jimmy do Jimmy. You wouldn't believe the PM's I get asking about how he's doing. From time to time, I step away from the DST busy doing other things, especially during lake and vacation season. I stick my nose in just to see what's up usually without posting. What I see is a forum that is not near as fun when Jimmy is absent. There are some really talented writers on here and we feed off of each other. A year ago Jimmy argued with me non stop, frankly I couldn't stand the guy. After a few months I learned to appreciate his humor, his talent at telling a story, and his penmanship. His talent is unparalleled on here. Strong is probably the second most skilled poster with all the same attributes. And I don't mean on DST, I mean on the whole board right next to Jimmy. Strong gets us, he understands that if you don't get the joke, you are part of the joke. I love the talent on here, Double Reed, Golf, amongst others. I appreciate the old timers Rev, OTR, Mike. I dig the regulars, the Cottons, the bolos on the board. Unfortunately we have too many people who take this stuff too personal, too serious, and actually think we are serious. Good grief, get over yourselves boys. I have had people ask if I was banned, no I wasn't. Do I push the envelope sometimes? Sure. Do I push it as far as Jimmy? No. Jimmy is a good friend and I will stick with him on here. Thanks to all who have reached out to me and for the snowflakes who don't get the joke....Jimmy is the Mayor of Hogville, just like he's the Mayor if every town he is in LOL.

Quote from: IronMountainHog on June 02, 2020, 07:48:08 pm
I saw the term killjoy written earlier and that is what permeates this place. Everyone having a good time and someone comes in and lets the damn air out. Stay out of the threads where we joke and talk crap if you are too immature to see the humor. These folks beotch about it, yet come in and ruin the thread. I want this place to make people smile and have a few laughs. When threats and hard feelings emerge, we are no different than the jerks out in the streets.

I demand equal time. We need to stage a protest march down Main St in Little Rock. Why let them others have all the fun? But I promise we will NOT be breaking windows or looting of the businesses.

(seeing as there are no downtown liquor stores that I can think of that should be a promise easy to keep)
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.