Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magic

Started by parallaxpig, August 18, 2017, 09:19:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

parallaxpig

Watched coach B kick-off video, listen to all the talk shows, watched SEC network, I'm ready for some football and as I have for every football season I believe this could be the "Magical" season...............
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

mightybulldogs12

I agree. I don't know why just a hunch.

Headhog32

Quote from: mightybulldogs12 on August 18, 2017, 11:30:44 pm
I agree. I don't know why just a hunch.
my common sense tells me we will go 8-4 my inner self tells me we will go 11-1

HamSammich

Quote from: Headhog32 on August 18, 2017, 11:32:48 pm
my common sense tells me we will go 8-4 my inner self tells me we will go 11-1

If you had included "my brain says we win 6" you would have been right no matter what.

Headhog32

Quote from: HamSammich on August 18, 2017, 11:35:16 pm
If you had included "my brain says we win 6" you would have been right no matter what.
its to late for this sammich boy

HamSammich

Quote from: Headhog32 on August 18, 2017, 11:36:40 pm
its to late for this sammich boy

Well you have a 66% of being close to right. Good job son. Well played

Headhog32

Quote from: HamSammich on August 18, 2017, 11:38:10 pm
Well you have a 66% of being close to right. Good job son. Well played
I'm confused what your saying.

PORKULATOR

Better hope Frank is pushing some Wild Wings buttons for us.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

bennyl08

Quote from: PORKULATOR on August 19, 2017, 08:02:57 am
Better hope Frank is pushing some Wild Wings buttons for us.

Don't need it. This is a roster that should have won 9 games. We return almost everybody and definitely our most important pieces. We won't need luck, hope, or miracles to have a good season.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 19, 2017, 11:41:02 am
Don't need it. This is a roster that should have won 9 games. We return almost everybody and definitely our most important pieces. We won't need luck, hope, or miracles to have a good season.

Just need good coaching for 4 quarters.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on August 19, 2017, 12:02:11 pm
Just need good coaching for 4 quarters.
AND top flight on-the-field performance.

I believe we have enough talented players to win 8, with some LUCK 9 and with Tons of Luck, 10.  How many depends on this coaching staff and HC.  Are we ready, who can be sure.

nchogg

We need to put the pedal to the metal the whole game. Not get a lead in the 4th and try to keep possession and run the clock. I want to see us score as many points as possible. 30 seconds left and at 20 yard line just punch it in, throw it or FG. I don't care if a game is close. I have seen this happen too many times to us.

PorkSoda

Quote from: HamSammich on August 18, 2017, 11:35:16 pm
yeah, Im willing to bet the razorbacks will win between 6 and 11 games this year.

anyone want to bet against me?

seriously though, I'm not sure what to expect, but I'm ready to find out.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

GuvHog

Quote from: nchogg on August 19, 2017, 04:14:54 pm
We need to put the pedal to the metal the whole game. Not get a lead in the 4th and try to keep possession and run the clock. I want to see us score as many points as possible. 30 seconds left and at 20 yard line just punch it in, throw it or FG. I don't care if a game is close. I have seen this happen too many times to us.

I agree with you for 11 of the 12 games but against Bama, I'd take having the lead and trying to run out the clock in the 4th quarter anytime. IMHO if the Hogs get a lead over Bama in the 4th quarter, they will be good enough to hold on to it und run the clock out.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

PorkSoda

Quote from: GuvHog on August 19, 2017, 04:29:28 pm
I agree with you for 11 of the 12 games but against Bama, I'd take having the lead and trying to run out the clock in the 4th quarter anytime. IMHO if the Hogs get a lead over Bama in the 4th quarter, they will be good enough to hold on to it und run the clock out.
the thing about running out the clock is its not just about running the ball, its about first downs.   going 3 n O running up the middle doesn't run very much clock.  if you gotta pass to get a first down, then do it.  there is no need to limit the playbook.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: nchogg on August 19, 2017, 04:14:54 pm

I agree with keeping the peddle to the metal and not playing too conservatively from an offensive standpoint regardless of who you are playing, perhaps even more aggressively if you think for a minute that your defense can't put up some stops in the face of an extended hurried up two minute drill by your opponent. But if the defense has demonstrated all game long that they can prevent the big play and are playing with confidence and aggression, I'll take 3-1/2 to 5 yards  per carry/p/play and a cloud of dust any day of the week. Best way to keep an opponent from scoring is putting together extended drives that eat up the clock.
Go Hogs Go!

GuvHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 19, 2017, 04:38:30 pm
I agree with keeping the peddle to the metal and not playing too conservatively from an offensive standpoint regardless of who you are playing, perhaps even more aggressively if you think for a minute that your defense can't put up some stops in the face of an extended hurried up two minute drill by your opponent. But if the defense has demonstrated all game long that they can prevent the big play and are playing with confidence and aggression, I'll take 3-1/2 to 5 yards  per carry/p/play and a cloud of dust any day of the week. Best way to keep an opponent from scoring is putting together extended drives that eat up the clock.

No doubt about it. If the Hogs get the lead in the 4th quarter then go "4 yards and a cloud of dust" every play on offense without getting penalized or making mistakes, they'll win every time.

Headhog32

Quote from: GuvHog on August 19, 2017, 04:52:04 pm
No doubt about it. If the Hogs get the lead in the 4th quarter then go "4 yards and a cloud of dust" every play on offense without getting penalized or making mistakes, they'll win every time.
I agree with you

PorkSoda

Quote from: GuvHog on August 19, 2017, 04:52:04 pm
except 4 yards and a cloud of dust quickly becomes 2  yards and a cloud of dust when they stack the box.  that is why you gotta trust your passing game to make plays.  no reason to make yourself one dimensional.

that type of thinking is why we lose games we should win.

if there is 45 seconds left in the fourth, sure.  but if there is 4.5 minutes left, you can't go conservative and expect to keep the lead.

I saw matt jones nearly lead the team to a comeback victory needing 3 TD's and 3 2 point conversions in a minute and a half.  but he ended up throwing an interception when driving for the 3rd TD.

point is, no lead is safe.

GuvHog

Quote from: PorkSoda on August 19, 2017, 05:26:45 pm
except 4 yards and a cloud of dust quickly becomes 2  yards and a cloud of dust when they stack the box.  that is why you gotta trust your passing game to make plays.  no reason to make yourself one dimensional.

if there is 45 seconds left in the fourth, sure.  but if there is 4.5 minutes left, you can't go conservative and expect to keep the lead.

I saw matt jones nearly lead the team to a comeback victory needing 3 TD's and 3 2 point conversions in a minute and a half.  but he ended up throwing an interception when driving for the 3rd TD.

You misunderstand my post. I didn't say they would need to run every play, just get at least 4 yards every play. That can be done by mixing in the short passing game with the run too.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: PorkSoda on August 19, 2017, 05:26:45 pm

Except that it wasn't just limited to running in my post. I meant to convey 3-1/2 to 4 yards "P/Play" whether running or passing, just to extend drives and keep the sticks moving without scoring too quickly.

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 19, 2017, 04:38:30 pm
Go Hogs Go!

davglo35

What you have to do is take every play as a game within itself. You don't think about the score. You don't think about the last play. You think about the next play and what your assignment is and do it to the best of your ability. You don't get discouraged if you get behind or relax when you get ahead. Every play is a new game. Every half is a new game. The only time you consider the score and play out of that mindset Is when you are behind in the last few minute and have to get the ball down the field into scoring position quickly.
It's  a mental thing and it boils down to coaching.
This is exactly what Saban does. Ever see him chew a kid out with a 30 point lead? It's because they just lost the last play.