Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Five Texas High School Teams to Play Tulsa Area Teams on Friday, August 31, 2018

Started by 12247, February 20, 2018, 09:03:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Showing my Tech abilities which are zero.  Tulsa World, Tuesday, 2-20-18, Sports Page 4, Author>  Barry Lewis, email, barry.lewis@tulsaworld.com, Twitter:@BarryLewisTW

Important Article:  Summary:  Five teams from the Mansfield, Texas area will come to Tulsa area for a huge night of Football.

Info on All Teams for 2017

Tulsa Union, 2nd Place 6A1 meets Lake Ridge 12-2 finished in Tx 5A1 Quarter Finals.

Jenks, OK, 6A1 semifinalist & winner of 13 of the past 21 State Championships in 6A1, meets Legacy who lost to Highland Park 37-35 in Tx playoffs and went 12-3 for the season.

Broken Arrow, who is currently and finally making waves in 6A1, meets Mansfield, 11-2, 3rd round in TX 6A2.

Bixby, 6AII runnerup, meets Timberview who had a 3-7 finish in 2017.

Sand Springs, a decent team, meets Summit, 8-5 and reached the 5A1 third round.

This is being tabbed, The Border Brawl and the Tulsa teams will travel to the Mansfield area in 2019.

Only reason I felt this was post worthy is that of those 10 teams, surely there will be some college talent on display that Friday night right here under the noses of the Razorbacks.  Downside is this is likely the opener for all these teams and they may not play their best.

Muskogee, if I have messed this up, delete mine and redo it as yours.  The message properly accounted for is whats important to me.  Thanks.

The NewEra

I see a perfect opportunity here for Coach Morris to make an all out assault on the Tulsa area in the "Pork Chopper" August 31st. 

"PORK CHOPPER

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

oldhawg

Quote from: The NewEra on February 20, 2018, 09:51:02 am
I see a perfect opportunity here for Coach Morris to make an all out assault on the Tulsa area in the "Pork Chopper" August 31st. 

"PORK CHOPPER

That would be pretty impressive ---- for Morris to make his appearance by flying in on a refitted gunship.

OU is using a chopper too.  Bet they show up in spades.  This MIGHT be one small area where Morris has a tiny advantage as he likely knows these Texas programs better than most of the other locals.  If Morris knows about this, and he may not yet because it was just announced yesterday, he may already know many of the players involved.  Great chance to show muscle in recruiting in my opinion.  Of course, there is likely a rule somewhere not allowing chopper recruiting on that date or any recruiting for that matter.

Oklahawg

Oddity is that Owasso is not included and Sand Springs is. Is Owasso playing a NWA team instead? Blankenship doing his own thing after winning the gold ball?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

rpmflash

Quote from: Oklahawg on February 20, 2018, 01:20:47 pm
Oddity is that Owasso is not included and Sand Springs is. Is Owasso playing a NWA team instead? Blankenship doing his own thing after winning the gold ball?
Owasso is playing at Bartlesville on Sept. 1

Hogarusa

Pretty cool idea. Is this played at 1 stadium on a back to back basis or are they being played at the home teams high school? I'll google it and hang up and listen
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

TexHog188

This was done in Dallas a couple of times in the recent past. Teams from FL, TX, UT, AR and a few others played at Jerry World. Kirk Herbstreit was the headline organizer/promoter.  I went to watch Shiloh Christian get destroyed by Tongan Team from Euless Trinity.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

jgphillips3

Hmmm.  Seems like Morris should convince his buddies in Texas to do a Central Arkansas/NWA challenge too.  Could be another good tie in at the high school level for our two states.

younghog

Quote from: TexHog188 on February 20, 2018, 02:29:43 pm
This was done in Dallas a couple of times in the recent past. Teams from FL, TX, UT, AR and a few others played at Jerry World. Kirk Herbstreit was the headline organizer/promoter.  I went to watch Shiloh Christian get destroyed by Tongan Team from Euless Trinity.

Euless Trinity is the HS my kids go to. One graduate one a freshman at a middle school.. They typically play the best of the best. Teams from Cali and Seattle and home and home with Tulsa schools. They destroyed Shiloh Christian and I realized after the 1st play SC was not ready for it. Their only true Nemesis at this time is Allen HS..
GO HOGS

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Oklahawg on February 20, 2018, 01:20:47 pm

That's a little surprising to me as well. Wonder if they were given the option of being involved and just said, "no thanks, we are already scheduled for that date"?

Edit: Just saw the post above where they have a game scheduled the next night. Thanks for the info.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: 12247 on February 20, 2018, 09:03:06 am
Showing my Tech abilities which are zero.  Tulsa World, Tuesday, 2-20-18, Sports Page 4, Author>  Barry Lewis, email, barry.lewis@tulsaworld.com, Twitter:@BarryLewisTW

Important Article:  Summary:  Five teams from the Mansfield, Texas area will come to Tulsa area for a huge night of Football.

Info on All Teams for 2017

Tulsa Union, 2nd Place 6A1 meets Lake Ridge 12-2 finished in Tx 5A1 Quarter Finals.

Jenks, OK, 6A1 semifinalist & winner of 13 of the past 21 State Championships in 6A1, meets Legacy who lost to Highland Park 37-35 in Tx playoffs and went 12-3 for the season.

Broken Arrow, who is currently and finally making waves in 6A1, meets Mansfield, 11-2, 3rd round in TX 6A2.

Bixby, 6AII runnerup, meets Timberview who had a 3-7 finish in 2017.

Sand Springs, a decent team, meets Summit, 8-5 and reached the 5A1 third round.

This is being tabbed, The Border Brawl and the Tulsa teams will travel to the Mansfield area in 2019.

Only reason I felt this was post worthy is that of those 10 teams, surely there will be some college talent on display that Friday night right here under the noses of the Razorbacks.  Downside is this is likely the opener for all these teams and they may not play their best.

Muskogee, if I have messed this up, delete mine and redo it as yours.  The message properly accounted for is whats important to me.  Thanks.

No need for that, here is the article.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/okpreps/football/high-schools-tulsa-area-football-teams-will-host-border-brawl/article_be987c90-307e-5cbb-bf81-0f11eadc582e.html
Go Hogs Go!

Oklahawg

Quote from: rpmflash on February 20, 2018, 01:54:38 pm
Owasso is playing at Bartlesville on Sept. 1

That was last year. Not sure they've announced a schedule yet.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

xxtomassxx1980

My wife is a graduate of Union. Will definitely be going to that game. Hopefully the Pork Chopper will make an appearance.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: younghog on February 20, 2018, 02:39:23 pm
Euless Trinity is the HS my kids go to. One graduate one a freshman at a middle school.. They typically play the best of the best. Teams from Cali and Seattle and home and home with Tulsa schools. They destroyed Shiloh Christian and I realized after the 1st play SC was not ready for it. Their only true Nemesis at this time is Allen HS..

It was an Epic Beat Down and took care of that USC Pride!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.