Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Starcs

99toLife

Dr. Starcs

Huge opportunity for the Hogs tonight.

99toLife

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 24, 2018, 04:49:02 pm
Huge opportunity for the Hogs tonight.

How so? Not sure I am following your post.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: 99toLife on February 24, 2018, 04:51:25 pm
How so? Not sure I am following your post.

In addition to keeping us on pace for the double bye, it would also keep us two games clear of the 9-10-11 seed.

Not only that, but all this cheat talk of Sexton just really makes me want this win even more. Oh and Pel on the bama bench.

99toLife

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 24, 2018, 04:55:11 pm
In addition to keeping us on pace for the double bye, it would also keep us two games clear of the 9-10-11 seed.

Not only that, but all this cheat talk of Sexton just really makes me want this win even more. Oh and Pel on the bama bench.

Okay, I wasn't thinking about the SECT at all. But in that case we would have wanted Miss St. to lose. Right? Destiny is in our hands and our hands alone.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: 99toLife on February 24, 2018, 04:59:27 pm
Okay, I wasn't thinking about the SECT at all. But in that case we would have wanted Miss St. to lose. Right? Destiny is in our hands and our hands alone.

Yeah I was really wanting Usce to get that win.

99toLife

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 24, 2018, 05:14:26 pm
Yeah I was really wanting Usce to get that win.

Me too, a crazy game.. Hogs will beat Ala. so in the long run it wont really matter this weekend.  Go Hogs

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: 99toLife on February 24, 2018, 05:16:08 pm
Me too, a crazy game.. Hogs will beat Ala. so in the long run it wont really matter this weekend.  Go Hogs

Hope you're right!

Dr. Starcs

WPS! 

Standings up to date at top of page 1.

ListenHereMister

Do we get Double Bye if we win 1 more?  I expect a KY and Aubbir win tonight.

Dr. Starcs

Mizzou (8-8) loses big at Kentucky (9-7)

Danny J

Quote from: ListenHereMister on February 24, 2018, 07:18:18 pm
Do we get Double Bye if we win 1 more?  I expect a KY and Aubbir win tonight.
We need Auburn to win and we need to beat Auburn. That gives us our best shot at 4th. Remember 2 teams we are fighting against play each other last game of the season and that being UK/UF. We need Auburn to beat UF. That helps when seeding rolls around as well.

johnfanman

It could turn out in our favor to get a good seeding in the SEC tourney. Fingers crossed that we continue our momentum.
Watching the Hogs through hell or high water.

alohawg

Bruce Pearl is gonna have heart attack.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Bogghawg

Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

Dr. Starcs

Florida beats Auburn.

Was wanting auburn to win that one, so naturally they don't.

HOGS now in a 4-way tie for 3rd. But all 3 teams own head to heads with us.

Randohoggie

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 24, 2018, 09:31:15 pm
Florida beats Auburn.

Was wanting auburn to win that one, so naturally they don't.

HOGS now in a 4-way tie for 3rd. But all 3 teams own head to heads with us.

I could be wrong, but I don't think head to head results determine it unless there are only 2 teams.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Randohoggie on February 24, 2018, 09:33:02 pm
I could be wrong, but I don't think head to head results determine it unless there are only 2 teams.

You're right. Just pointing out that it wouldn't work in our favor if we are tied with one of those teams at the end.

talley

Quote from: Randohoggie on February 24, 2018, 09:33:02 pm

What does it go by then? Serious question, because I don't know...

RaisinHog

Quote from: talley on February 24, 2018, 09:42:01 pm
What does it go by then? Serious question, because I don't know...
I believe each teams record against the 1 seed .. then 2 seed and so on until it's broke

Randohoggie

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 24, 2018, 09:34:09 pm
You're right. Just pointing out that it wouldn't work in our favor if we are tied with one of those teams at the end.

Yeah.  Agree.  Plus, if you are going to be tied with a bunch of teams and lost to them all ... I don't know the rules, but it doesn't likely help you.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Razorback Ranger on February 17, 2018, 07:03:16 pm
Three-Team Tie (or more)
When three or more teams are tied, the following procedure will be used in the following order until the tie is broken. If two teams re- main tied after a tiebreaker provision, the two-team tiebreaker formula will be used.

Best winning percentage of games played among the tied teams (Example: Team A is 3-1, Team B is 2-2 and Team C is 1-3 - Team A would be seeded highest, Team B second-highest and Team C lowest of the three).
Best winning percentage of the tied teams versus the No. 1 seed (and proceed- ing through the No. 14 seed, if necessary).
If two teams remain, coin flip by the Commissioner.
If three or more teams remain, draw by the Commissioner.

jgphillips3

Well crud.  I guess we just need to win out now.

talley

So if we beat Auburn we will be 2-1 against the top two and be third I guess?

GlassofSwine

Quote from: talley on February 24, 2018, 10:40:28 pm
So if we beat Auburn we will be 2-1 against the top two and be third I guess?

The tiebreaker is the best record among the teams tied. Of which we are 0-3. Briefly looking, it seems the best chance is a 4 seed, we need Miss. State and Florida to both lose out. We need to win 1 game(Missouri helps us more than Auburn in the standings). We need to be at least 10-8 and have the teams with head to head wins over us all sitting at 9-9. In that scenario Kentucky would be the 3 but unless they lose to Ole Miss we need them to beat Florida.

Dr. Starcs

Standings are up to date at top of page 1 along with the remaining schedule for the league.

WPS

raz1965

SEC network showed a bracket after all the games were done last night an Arkansas had the 4 seed, I assume they had the tie breakers worked out.

Dr. Starcs

Florida dominating at Bama. Guess we demoralized them lol.

Dr. Starcs

Looks like Mizzou will win at Vandy

WMHawgfan

Tennessee is putting on a clinic in Starkville. They are going to be a tough out in the tourneys

TNhawgfan

Quote from: WMHawgfan on February 27, 2018, 07:45:01 pm
Tennessee is putting on a clinic in Starkville. They are going to be a tough out in the tourneys
I think UT has the best front court with Williams and schofield. Those two are built like line backers
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Dr. Starcs

Standings updated after the early evening games tonight at top of page 1.

GO HOGS

GoHogs1091

Quote from: WMHawgfan on February 27, 2018, 07:45:01 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Tennessee is the only SEC team that does much in the NCAAT.

All of the other SEC teams who will be in the NCAAT have weaknesses that will get exposed when playing against high quality competition in the NCAAT.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on February 27, 2018, 09:52:32 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if Tennessee is the only SEC team that does much in the NCAAT.

All of the other SEC teams who will be in the NCAAT have weaknesses that will get exposed when playing against high quality competition in the NCAAT.

And we beat them

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 27, 2018, 09:58:55 pm
And we beat them

Tennessee is playing better now than they were then.

The end of that game was weird.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on February 27, 2018, 10:01:50 pm
Tennessee is playing better now than they were then.

The end of that game was weird.

So are we, arguably

Dr. Starcs

Standings updated at top of page 1.

We can do no worse than 7th. A win Saturday ensures a double bye.

ShadowHawg

Where are all the mouthy jerks from the beginning of this thread?

I would rather drink kook aid then have to drink from the toilet like you miserable lot.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 28, 2018, 01:52:31 am

I would rather drink kook aid then have to drink from the toilet like you miserable lot.

Always nice to go through and review the dumbassery!! And realize none of them are anywhere to be seen.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

GuvHog

This right here is what causes problems. Even after a great win you try to pick a fight with other posters.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Kevin

need the one Saturday for the double bye
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Dr. Starcs

LSU hits a 3 to send Sc to overtime.

Dr. Starcs

BannerMountainMan

Ole Miss hanging around on Kentucky, OM on a 6-0 run down by 3. Kentucky falling apart by pushing players and getting a T
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Dr. Starcs

Dr. Starcs

I will double check all this, but looks like if we beat Mizzou, we are the 4.

If we lose, we could be anywhere from 4-7

AlmaHog2011

This needs to stop. Can't even enjoy success when you rattle their cages. Most surely we will lose and all you are doing is what they do. I never even bother coming on here anymore after a loss. We should be able to come together and enjoy this team and how they are playing right now. 

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 28, 2018, 08:30:32 pm
I will double check all this, but looks like if we beat Mizzou, we are the 4.

If we lose, we could be anywhere from 4-7

I worry it will be a great crowd for them. We need the win.

blu

I only come here after a win. I don't want to talk about it when we lose.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16