Beat Samford by 10
Lost to Toledo
Lost to Texas Tech
Beat LA Tech by 1
Beat Coastal Carolina by 1

0-5 against A&M
1-4 against AU
1-3 against MSU (soon to be 1-4)

Gave up the most rushing yards in an SEC game ever to AU last season. Arkansas had that record.

On the verge of a losing season in year 5.

How much more evidence do we need that Bielema is not going to work here?

porkrindjimmy

I think I am going to need another couple game sample before I throw the baby out with the bathwater...

It is only fair.

PRJ

ricepig

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 07, 2017, 09:22:21 am
I think I am going to need another couple game sample before I throw the baby out with the bathwater...

It is only fair.

PRJ

There will be three more, to be exact.

KennyForAD

Who could dare claim to be able to name a worse coach in all of football history? 

go hogues

He has certainly brought us "something we've never had".
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Hoggish1

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 07, 2017, 09:22:21 am

It is only fair.

PRJ

LOL  How does this square with your clairvoyance about the BOT and high mucky muck boosters being fully fed up?

Burt B.

After intense evaluation, the windbreaker will change  and the headset will actually be plugged in. We are very close and just need some positive thinking.

You guys don't realize that cc was a really good football team and fairy tale roosters are really scary unless they are fried and on a buffet.

I am not going to tell you that Kelly will start in his home state..err I mean Austin may start.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Jon Ham on November 07, 2017, 09:20:43 am
Lost to Rutgers
Beat Samford by 10
Lost to Toledo
Lost to Texas Tech
Beat LA Tech by 1

0-5 against A&M
1-4 against AU

Gave up the most rushing yards in an SEC game ever to AU last season. Arkansas had that record.

We blew a double digit lead to a team that wasn't better than us while making their qb looking like a Heisman candidate. It was a sign of things to come
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Pork Ranger

Razorbackers

Lost to Rutgers
Beat Samford by 10
Lost to Toledo
Lost to Texas Tech
Beat LA Tech by 1

0-5 against A&M
1-4 against AU

hmm...idk man. I think we need to start another thread to discuss this.

KennyForAD

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 07, 2017, 09:48:06 am
hmm...idk man. I think we need to start another thread to discuss this.

OUR AD WON'T FIRE THE WORST COACH IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL.   If you don't want to hear how bad he is every week, I suggest you go to the source and kick Jeff Long in the balls.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 07, 2017, 09:29:57 am
Who could dare claim to be able to name a worse coach in all of football history? 

These dudes listed the worst 25 hires in history and #'s 18 and 15 were both at Arkansas and not CBB, so maybe you should Google that question before you ask...  ;)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hawganatic

Is anybody arguing that we need more evidence?

Razorbackers

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 07, 2017, 09:51:10 am
OUR AD WON'T FIRE THE WORST COACH IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL.   If you don't want to hear how bad he is every week, I suggest you go to the source and kick Jeff Long in the balls.

What good would firing him do right now? What amount of anything would it accomplish except abandoning the rest of the season?

Chill tf out man.

Jon Ham

Quote from: hawganatic on November 07, 2017, 09:54:47 am
Is anybody arguing that we need more evidence?

I've seen multiple posters state that the PTB are considering giving him 1 more year due to the injury excuse and since so many teams will be looking for a HC this year.

cjack

Lost to Rutgers
Beat Samford by 10
Lost to Toledo
Lost to Texas Tech
Beat LA Tech by 1

0-5 against A&M
1-4 against AU

Definitely Uncommon, even for poor lil Ole Arky
Woooo Pig Soooie!

Boarcephus

Quote from: ricepig on November 07, 2017, 09:27:16 am

And we won't win a single one of those. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Totofan

I've always said that you have to give a coach five years (the fifth includes the red-shirt year) to recruit his players for his system.  If the results are not the desired ones by the end of five years, then the coach needs to move on.  This is the fifth year and the results continue to be dismal.  Bielema is a nice guy, but it's obvious that he's NOT an SEC caliber head coach. I know I've stated the obvious, but it always bears repeating until someone with the ability to make a decision makes it.

KennyForAD

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 07, 2017, 09:56:36 am
What good would firing him do right now? What amount of anything would it accomplish except abandoning the rest of the season?

Chill tf out man.

It would do a lot of good.   We just got our ass kicked around by 1-7 Coastal Carolina.    The longer that idiot is here, the worse it will get.   When the captain of your ship gets wasted drunk, you gonna wait till you get to your destination to fire him?  Get him the Frank out.  NOW

KennyForAD

Quote from: Totofan on November 07, 2017, 10:21:02 am
I've always said that you have to give a coach five years (the fifth includes the red-shirt year) to recruit his players for his system.  If the results are not the desired ones by the end of five years, then the coach needs to move on.  This is the fifth year and the results continue to be dismal.  Bielema is a nice guy, but it's obvious that he's NOT an SEC caliber head coach. I know I've stated the obvious, but it always bears repeating until someone with the ability to make a decision makes it.

Get pitchforks and torches ready.  That's what it will take.

Razorbackers

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 07, 2017, 10:22:08 am
It would do a lot of good.   We just got our ass kicked around by 1-7 Coastal Carolina.    The longer that idiot is here, the worse it will get.   When the captain of your ship gets wasted drunk, you gonna wait till you get to your destination to fire him?  Get him the Frank out.  NOW

Name one good thing it would do.

One.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 07, 2017, 09:51:10 am

Post of the year!!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Cinco de Hogo

Lost to Rutgers
Beat Samford by 10
Lost to Toledo
Lost to Texas Tech
Beat LA Tech by 1

0-5 against A&M
1-4 against AU

Straight from the horses mouth,

We've had a great year of preparation, next year will be great!

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 07, 2017, 10:27:29 am

One.

Puts potential candidates on notice that we will be hiring a new coach.  Never know the back channels phones might light up and the USPS might get flooded with letters.

Razorbackers

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 07, 2017, 10:38:33 am
Puts potential candidates on notice that we will be hiring a new coach.  Never know the back channels phones might light up and the USPS might get flooded with letters.

Long assuredly has already started the process of a coaching search. You don't have to not have a coach to start reaching out and gauging interest.

Razorbackers

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 07, 2017, 10:39:46 am
Long assuredly has already started the process of a coaching search. You don't have to not have a coach to start reaching out and gauging interest.

Was that under duress?  I'll be waiting for Ricepigs confirmation...waiting,

Waiting,

Waiting,

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 07, 2017, 10:40:08 am
All comers!

For starters it would help to regain the fans' confidence that somebody actually cares about this program.  Attendance and support would most likely go up.

Razorbackers

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 07, 2017, 10:42:24 am
Was that under duress?  I'll be waiting for Ricepigs confirmation...waiting,

Waiting,

Waiting,

They're going to hold a gun to his head and force Long to hire Bill Belichek.

Long will refuse at first because he wants to hire Jambi the Genie. But he'll give in when Jerry Jones flies into NWA and kicks Jeff in the balls and forces him to hire the hoody.

KennyForAD

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 07, 2017, 10:27:29 am

One.

1. It would stop idiots from asking, "What good would it do to fire the coach now?"

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: ricepig on November 07, 2017, 09:27:16 am

And when you look at those 3...things don't look favorable.

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on November 07, 2017, 09:47:09 am
Not to mention owned by Mizzou

The 2016 Mizzou halftime should rank up there with the all-time worst events in Arkansas football history. Yes, last season saw historic losses, and many that looked worse than the Mizzou game...however, from that second half on, our program has been in a different place.

Establishing a link between that second half disaster all the way to now may seem like a stretch. But, to me, we haven't been the same since. That darkness running through the program may be an unrelated coincidence, but they share many aspects of a bad program.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Razorbackers

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 07, 2017, 10:43:49 am
For starters it would help to regain the fans' confidence that somebody actually cares about this program.  Attendance and support would most likely go up.

Why would anyone assume that no one cares about the program? We're still technically in the hunt for a bowl game. The optics of firing a coach while still 'in the hunt" are not good. Someone earlier mentioned that firing a coach would show that our job is open. Firing a coach midseason would show that our program is disastrous. The team is bad. Our department is fine. An interim HC is not going to get us there. Look at Florida right now.

Online support might "go up" but I wouldn't expect attendance to improve for a team without a coach who's last two games are MSU and Miz the day after Thanksgiving.

Razorbackers

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 07, 2017, 10:47:44 am
It would stop idiots from asking what good would it do to fire the coach now.

Would it stop you from crapposting all over the board with nonsense?

Mr Jade

There's really no point in talking about this. CBB wasn't fired after CC and its clear he won't be until the season is over. We don't know if Long will or won't fire CBB at the end of the season, and there's just no point in talking about it now.

99+% of the fanbase wants CBB gone. Everyone knows that most want CBB gone. This is just beating a Long dead horse.
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:12:12 pmNORVELL, Baby.

*Please refrain from claimin "Pokey guaranteed Norvell!!!"*

Quote from: GuvHog on October 06, 2019, 07:52:47 pm
The game against SJS was an abnormality. Even though the players were cautioned not to, they got caught looking past SJS to A&M. They learned a valuable lesson and I don't see them repeating that mistake.

KennyForAD

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 07, 2017, 10:48:27 am
Would it stop you from crapposting all over the board with nonsense?

@0:50

hawganatic

Quote from: Jon Ham on November 07, 2017, 10:14:05 am
I've seen multiple posters state that the PTB are considering giving him 1 more year due to the injury excuse and since so many teams will be looking for a HC this year.

And you really think somebody with strong enough connections to the "PTB" to know this spend any amount of time on this board?

Michael D Huff AIA

It's not very clear to me. 

At the end of the day we are on a 2 game win streak, and the record will reflect that at least for 14 days he's done the thing that he needs to do...win.

Should this be enough to keep him at this point?  Absolutely not.

I equate it to the game he coaches.  Figuratively speaking, if you are 3 points behind you can still win.  If you are 30 points behind, there's not much of a chance. 

I don't feel like he's more than a touchdown behind, figuratively speaking.  He can still keep his job, and that would be disastrous.