Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

At one point, we had the staff to compete for a NC...

Started by twistitup, January 09, 2018, 03:46:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JONAS

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 10, 2018, 09:29:09 am
People out here talking about how bad QB A, B, C looked.  Starts and ends with O-Line.  Hard to play at your peak level when you are literally fearing for your life with every snap.  The Iceberg Kurt Anderson sunk the SS Bielema. 

Yep.  The O Line is to blame.

jswineberiaskirk

Quote from: hoghearted on January 10, 2018, 06:35:55 am
His failure to change QB's when the starter was clearly injured indicated his inability, or unwillingness, to have the backup ready. He only relented when he knew his butt was on the line, and he ran Kelly on the field.

EXACTLY
He was too stubborn to put someone else in when things were not going well. Unlike a certain other coach who has had a modicum of success lately.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 10, 2018, 09:29:09 am
People out here talking about how bad QB A, B, C looked.  Starts and ends with O-Line.  Hard to play at your peak level when you are literally fearing for your life with every snap.  The Iceberg Kurt Anderson sunk the SS Bielema. 

That tends to be the popular thought process and to some degree, it has merit. But there were a lot of missed blocking assignments in pass pro that belonged to the TE's and RB's that many fail to identify and those were more key to keeping the QB upright or giving him time to make a throw. When you view Sacks Allowed or Hurries Allowed it goes to more than the O-Line. Though I wasn't a fan of our OL coaching this year, I am just trying to be fair and balanced, which doesn't tend to be a strength of most Hogville posters.
Go Hogs Go!

rtr

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 13, 2018, 09:09:47 pm
That tends to be the popular thought process and to some degree, it has merit. But there were a lot of missed blocking assignments in pass pro that belonged to the TE's and RB's that many fail to identify and those were more key to keeping the QB upright or giving him time to make a throw. When you view Sacks Allowed or Hurries Allowed it goes to more than the O-Line. Though I wasn't a fan of our OL coaching this year, I am just trying to be fair and balanced, which doesn't tend to be a strength of most Hogville posters.
In trying to be fair and balanced, it can create a false balance and distort the truth. 
The more smites the more intelligent I get.