Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nothing to be Gained by Firing him Tomorrow

Started by WilsonHog, November 18, 2017, 03:14:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 18, 2017, 06:36:09 pm
Lol ok. Just saying Mizzou has been on fire throwing up 50-60 points/game. That doesn't exactly sound like a fond fairly farewell to Bielema but perhaps y'all are a glutton to punishment.

We'd lose by a ton regardless.  Would I prefer to never see him on our sidelines again?  Yes.  But I won't make any fuss if I have to wait 6 more days.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: okrazorback on November 18, 2017, 06:49:30 pm
It will make a difference to our new coach. It will give him a chance to start recruiting.

Getting rid of Bielema today isn't going to help whomever we hire to start recruiting today. First off, whomever we hire probably has another job right now (I hope) and he has to complete his season first. Secondly, I'd bet that the search is already underway and for all we know, we may have a verbal agreement in place. Some of you guys need to develop a little patience.
Go Hogs Go!

AirWarren

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 18, 2017, 03:14:12 pm
Five or six days aren't going to make any difference. Let him finish what he started, and let our seniors go out with the coach who recruited them.

Way too much class for this board.

Agreed 100% though.

elkhog

Quote from: hogz11 on November 18, 2017, 03:17:58 pm
Bielema is an embarrassment and doesn't deserve to finish anything.

I just glad he will be gone.  I'm starting to get exicted for the future and a coach hasn't even been named.
GO HOGS!!!

Wants2Win

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 18, 2017, 06:56:05 pm
Getting rid of Bielema today isn't going to help whomever we hire to start recruiting today. First off, whomever we hire probably has another job right now (I hope) and he has to complete his season first. Secondly, I'd bet that the search is already underway and for all we know, we may have a verbal agreement in place. Some of you guys need to develop a little patience.
Patience? Lol....it's been 5 years. Time to right this ship.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hogz11 on November 18, 2017, 06:56:22 pm
Regardless of your feelings, fans do not want pay hard earned money to watch this circus act.

The players may "love Bielema" but he'll go down as one of the worst coaches in Razorback history. Fans staying home is the only way for them to show they don't accept or approve of Bielema. And yes they are real Razorback fans. They've just had enough.

Bielema and anything associated with him can't be gone fast enough.

I hope he is just referring to this last particular game. And as far as showing disapproval goes, as if missing this last game is going to make a difference, it won't. Bielema will be gone after the season whether anyone chooses to show up for the last game, or not. So anyone who is not going just to make a public show of their disapproval is really wasting the effort (or lack of) because we are going to have a new HC anyway.
Go Hogs Go!

247Hog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 18, 2017, 07:01:56 pm
I hope he is just referring to this last particular game. And as far as showing disapproval goes, as if missing this last game is going to make a difference, it won't. Bielema will be gone after the season whether anyone chooses to show up for the last game, or not. So anyone who is not going just to make a public show of their disapproval is really wasting the effort (or lack of) because we are going to have a new HC anyway.

Yup..at this point, it's an excuse to not go and blame it on something besides not getting out of the house to watch it. We win by 100 or lose by 100, we'll have a new HC next season.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

BigE_23

Five or six days aren't going to make any difference. Let him finish what he started, and let our seniors go out with the coach who recruited them.

Then make his firing official, but let him finish the season. Remove all doubt and suspicion, and let the players be free of the almost 400 lb gorilla roaming the sidelines.

Iwastherein1969

November 18, 2017, 07:33:29 pm #108 Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 07:47:12 pm by Iwastherein1969
Quote from: 247Hog on November 18, 2017, 03:16:54 pm
100% agree.

He's gone. Show a tiny bit of class and let him leave with the seniors.
Your implication is that that the UA isn't showing class by firing Coach Behemoth. Behemoth came in a much younger and much lighter man. Bret had energy and a vision. Well he literally ate his way out of what he wanted to accomplish here. It's a sad story, but it has to end and it has nothing to do with class or lack thereof. Bret has no one to blame but himself. He ate his way to losing this job. You have to get out of state and recruit like crazy. Hell, recruit south and southwestern Arkansas and Northeast Texas. Apparently that's too far away from his honey hole, Fayetteville High.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

toxichog

Only a LOW CLASS PROGRAM  would fire a coach 5 days before the last game and senior day........ZERO to be gained and further tarnishes the great imagine the rest of the nation has of our state.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: BigE_23 on November 18, 2017, 07:23:06 pm
Then make his firing official, but let him finish the season. Remove all doubt and suspicion, and let the players be free of the almost 400 lb gorilla roaming the sidelines.
I make the over under at 450 bills...you are nice to the guy

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: toxichog on November 18, 2017, 07:33:44 pm
Only a LOW CLASS PROGRAM  would fire a coach 5 days before the last game and senior day........ZERO to be gained and further tarnishes the great imagine the rest of the nation has of our state.
Why would anyone care about what the rest of the country thinks about our state ? I mean, hey, weren't we at an all-time high in popularity with the rest of the country when our former AD fired the most successful  coach we've had since JFB. All because the fired coach wouldn't give the former AD the dirty details ? People around this country are fickle and to spend even one second worrying about what the rest of this country thinks about us is wasting one second too many.

IronHog

TRUTH
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

ronmahony

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on November 18, 2017, 03:28:38 pm
This. CBB is low IQ. That 4th down call killed the players chances for a win

Well I kind of agreed with going for it, we needed to get down in FG position, but not a pass, or a delayed handoff! Geez I saw at least once where they called that darned delayed handoff two in a row. I swear I don't know who I want to fire more BB or Enos!
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

ronmahony

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 18, 2017, 05:49:46 pm
Again, Bull shart.

You can tell who actually played beyond Jr High in threads like this.  Who actually had to go through losing a coach, even one who needed to go.

Those kids LOVE him.  They RESPECT him.  You can bet your arse they want him to be there on Sr Day and it would be one of the crappiest things in the world to take that away from them AND him just to be a bunch of petty shitbirds.

He's gone.  Be happy about it and support the players.

Very good post, between the 7th and 10th grade I had four different coaches. Still love each one and consider each of them as Coach. You get a bond with your coach, unless he is a total jerk, which none of mine were, they just went on to greener pastures I guess. As much as I can't wait to get rid of all these coaches, not just CBB, I am sure these kids don't feel that way. They deserve to go out with their coach.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Pecos Hog

They should fire Bert tomorrow, appoint an interm HC, then do whatever is necessary to fill the staduim - even if they have to give away tickets!     Time to put the past behind us and move on!   Let's get excited about the hope for the future.....and give Missery some payback!

toxichog

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 18, 2017, 07:40:45 pm
Why would anyone care about what the rest of the country thinks about our state ? I mean, hey, weren't we at an all-time high in popularity with the rest of the country when our former AD fired the most successful  coach we've had since JFB. All because the fired coach wouldn't give the former AD the dirty details ? People around this country are fickle and to spend even one second worrying about what the rest of this country thinks about us is wasting one second too many.

You care because that's where the players are..........high school football in Arkansas produces very few SEC caliber players.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Deep Shoat on November 18, 2017, 04:22:22 pm
And you send a message to your players that no one gives a damn about them. 

Why is this so hard to understand?

I bet you were all for firing Petrino and sending a message to the players that no one gives a hoot about them...and then to pile on you were all for hiring BB who didn't fit their talent and once again sending a message that no one  gave a hoot about them.

This coaching staff has absolutely failed the players you are worried about now.

But it probably doesn't make a whole lot of difference so just as well let him coach the last game.

Just don't act like you worried about the players because you aren't.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: toxichog on November 18, 2017, 08:09:55 pm

You care because that's where the players are..........high school football in Arkansas produces very few SEC caliber players.

And because those player flocked to play for BB right?

DeltaBoy

Yes there is ... He will be gone!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HogFanOSU

The really sad part is that I'm not sure he will be fired at all and might be here next year.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: HogFanOSU on November 18, 2017, 10:58:16 pm
The really sad part is that I'm not sure he will be fired at all and might be here next year.

Well the Bielemers keep holding on hoping he can win just one more game so they can make a case for keeping him.

jkstock04

Quote from: Oliver on November 18, 2017, 06:53:15 pm
We'd lose by a ton regardless.  Would I prefer to never see him on our sidelines again?  Yes.  But I won't make any fuss if I have to wait 6 more days.
Neither will I. I'm looking at this completely differently that you guys. I see it as a mercy "go on home bub" type of deal if he was let go tomorrow or Monday. Not a "get the hell out of here" slap in the face. Morbidly, I WANT to see him coach this last game so he can 100% see the fruits of his labor. He shouldn't get to run and hide with an early vacation at the last minute.

I think MAKING him stay and coach this next game is more so a slap
in the face because I think Mizzou is liable to bury us in laughable fashion. Like I said, there is a feeling of a fairy tale outcome here where Bielema wins his last game and everybody gets to give him a friendly pat on the back goodbye LMAO. I don't see it playing out that perfectly....Mizzou is hitting on all cylinders with a legit qb. They are gonna come into Fayetteville looking for a big win.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jkstock04

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 18, 2017, 11:01:13 pm
Well the Bielemers keep holding on hoping he can win just one more game so they can make a case for keeping him.
They won't admit it but this is a small part of it.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

WilsonHog

Make a case to who?

THE MAN IS GONE.

Y'all act a board full of Houston Nutts, sitting at your keyboard chewing your fingernails down to the knuckle. Relax.

cjack

I'm all for letting him "go out with the seniors" IF the school/Interim AD/BOT would announce this is his last season. We still have not heard that.  Almost everyone agrees he shouldn't be back, but until it's announced that he's out, he's still bringing our football product down. 
Woooo Pig Soooie!

hogs7199

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 18, 2017, 03:20:02 pm
Even if he doesn't, our players (especially our seniors) do.

Name the seniors that "deserve it"

WilsonHog

Quote from: hogs7199 on November 18, 2017, 11:16:33 pm

Every one of them.

The man is going to be fired, but that isn't enough. You, and some others, act like your fondest wish would be to wake up in the morning and read that someone broke into his house tonight and killed him.

Or, maybe you would like to stand in the "A" next week and spit on our seniors as they pass by.

What does that say about you, and those like you?

Some of y'all need to grow the hell up and act like men.

Chalupa Batman

HogFanOSU

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 18, 2017, 11:01:13 pm

Not at all! I want him gone as much as everyone else does.  It's just with all the disruption the Jeff Long firing created, I'm not sure they want to add to that right now. The PTB may see keeping him for one more year as a form of stability.  I certainly hope not!

LZH

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 18, 2017, 06:41:05 pm
IF he makes it past Monday (which I'm not 100% convinced he will) let's remember this thread come Friday afternoon and see if there are truly warm and fuzzies about the game...and him coaching it.

Well first, we don't have an AD yet. But mostly I have never disliked BB, but if he has chemical dependency issues (trust me, I know all about that) then that just gives us an extra week to get our **** together.

JoeHawg

I'm with YOU on this   Let him finish   Srs go out with their coach  even if they don't like him best to them all

f/k/a WilsonHog

Re: Nothing to be Gained by Firing him Tomorrow
« Reply #130 on: November 18, 2017, 11:20:25 pm »

Quote from: hogs7199 on November 18, 2017, 11:16:33 pm

Every one of them.

The man is going to be fired, but that isn't enough. You, and some others, act like your fondest wish would be to wake up in the morning and read that someone broke into his house tonight and killed him.

Or, maybe you would like to stand in the "A" next week and spit on our seniors as they pass by.

Once a Hog Always a Hog

Tejano Jawg

We're so poor this year, it doesn't matter. Which means "making a statement" doesn't matter. Mora...I get it. Butch...I get it. If it's Sumlin...I'd get it.

We have a short week. Another distraction wouldn't be good. That ONE game without BB isn't going inject some wild enthusiasm into the program.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

hawgon

Screw that.  That selfish fatboy pissed on all the seniors yesterday when he went for it in fourth and three.  The way the defense was playing, odds are that we would have stopped them and had a chance to win the game in overtime.  That call was was the selfish call of a selfish man who knows that he is gone no matter what and who was ready to get out of there and get it done.  The kids actually showed up and played hard.  Unlike what I said they would do, they didn't lay down and quit.  They played hard and when it was crunch time and the game was in the line, their fat frick of a selfish and petulant dumplin of a coach, said "frick you and your effort".

Oklahawg

Quote from: hawgon on November 19, 2017, 01:37:15 pm
Screw that.  That selfish fatboy pissed on all the seniors yesterday when he went for it in fourth and three.  The way the defense was playing, odds are that we would have stopped them and had a chance to win the game in overtime.  That call was was the selfish call of a selfish man who knows that he is gone no matter what and who was ready to get out of there and get it done.  The kids actually showed up and played hard.  Unlike what I said they would do, they didn't lay down and quit.  They played hard and when it was crunch time and the game was in the line, their fat frick of a selfish and petulant dumplin of a coach, said "frick you and your effort".

OK, rock star - wanna guess who they were playing hard for?

1. each other
2. their coach

It takes a weak fan or a weaker person to not let those players who have been through the wars for and with CBB have a chance to shake his hand, hug his neck, and say thanks (or, spit on him, as you seem to suggest). That is what they have earned. Bet they want to shake his hand and play for him one more time.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

hawgon

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 19, 2017, 02:14:18 pm
OK, rock star - wanna guess who they were playing hard for?

1. each other
2. their coach

It takes a weak fan or a weaker person to not let those players who have been through the wars for and with CBB have a chance to shake his hand, hug his neck, and say thanks (or, spit on him, as you seem to suggest). That is what they have earned. Bet they want to shake his hand and play for him one more time.

Hey, Einstein, go write some more love letters to Jeff Long.  We all saw that putrid obsequious email to Jeff Long from a "college professor in Oklahoma" that he share with Steinmetz because it "brightened his day".

WilsonHog

I'm sure they were playing hard for themselves and their coach.

In case some of y'all haven't figured it out, the players and coaches have drawn a line here. They talk about disregarding the outside noise. Who is that outside noise coming from?

The "fans."

BorderPatrol

hobhog

Expect announcement in a day or two. He's out and will coach Mizzou and Senior day. Negotiated buyout.

b-ball coach

You don't have to fire someone who knows they have not done the job and their incompetence got their supervisor terminated. At this time, it looks like BB will do the right thing and negotiate a settlement. This will help the new coach get here quickly and get our program to the next chapter, which we desperately need. Look for it to come out prior to Friday and we will have closure on the JL and BB era soon.

rtr

This chapter in Razorback football history is coming to a close.  Everyone needs to keep their wits about them.  If Coach B is/has indeed negotiated a buyout/settlement then this ending better than we could have hoped for a week ago.  I hold no hard feeling for the man, he was just no the right person for a very difficult job.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

elksnort

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 18, 2017, 11:20:25 pm
Every one of them.

Tom, I completely agree with your stance, but the wickedly dark sense of humor is in play also. Can you imagine people standing in the A spitting at Coach B?

Just awful in reality.
But from a dark sense of humor, hysterical.

Hogtimes

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on November 18, 2017, 03:27:46 pm
I think we get a headstart on the new coach by firing today.

If they know they  are going to fire him, do you really think they are just going to  to set on their hands all week and not make any contacts?

hawkhawg

I would like to see Enos play calling without Bret.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on November 19, 2017, 02:56:54 pm
Mora just got canned (UCLA).    Horrible people, firing early like that.   Shame.     ;D

On his birthday.....
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!