Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All 22 Video Arkansas Passing vs Texas A&M

Started by Josh Goforth, September 24, 2017, 05:02:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh Goforth

Jek Tono Porkins

I didn't watch the Bielema press conference but did he mention what happened with the right side of the o-line? In the second half Ramirez was playing right tackle (he was listed as the #2 LT) and Gibson was playing right guard. Did Clary get injured? Did they pull him out of the game? What happened there?
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on September 24, 2017, 05:28:37 pm
I didn't watch the Bielema press conference but did he mention what happened with the right side of the o-line? In the second half Ramirez was playing right tackle (he was listed as the #2 LT) and Gibson was playing right guard. Did Clary get injured? Did they pull him out of the game? What happened there?

Ramirez was playing RG at one point I know cause he was getting blown up

Jzilla

Great video, it amazes the freshman for A&M can let the ball go to the spot his man is suppose to be but a 5th year senior cannot do that on the play with part on wide open and have to adjust to a bad throw!!

elksnort

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

elksnort

Josh Goforth

I was curious of the same thing here is the list showing who played on the oline.
https://1drv.ms/x/s!ArDVsWPAptEBfZrFCwU_MsgcX1U
It started out LT Jackson, LG Froholdt, C Ragnow, RG Clary, RT Gibson
after the second drive Jackson was taken out and Ramirez replaced him at LT the rest stayed the same.

After the 4th drive Clary was replaced by Gibson at RG, Ramirez moved to RT and Jackson came back in at LT.
LT Jackson, LG Froholdt, C Ragnow, RG Gibson, RT Ramirez

5th and 6th drives remained the same.
Clary came back in on drive 7 at RG. and moved Gibson back to RT
Half way through drive 9 Ramirez came back in and moved Clary back to the bench and Gibson to RG.

The rest of the game from there on was LT Jackson, LG Froholdt, C Ragnow, RG Gibson, RT Ramirez

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Josh Goforth

Pulled him, he was getting bull rushed into the backfield.
https://youtu.be/UKHqYIvFLgs?t=183

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Josh Goforth on September 24, 2017, 08:12:51 pm
I was curious of the same thing here is the list showing who played on the oline.
after the second drive Jackson was taken out and Ramirez replaced him at LT the rest stayed the same.

After the 4th drive Clary was replaced by Gibson at RG, Ramirez moved to RT and Jackson came back in at LT.

Half way through drive 9 Ramirez came back in and moved Clary back to the bench and Gibson to RG.

The rest of the game from there on was LT Jackson, LG Froholdt, C Ragnow, RG Gibson, RT Ramirez

That sounds hodge-podgy only in it sounds like they don't know who to play in the 3rd game of the season.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

010HogFan

That throw he missed in OT was tough. A better throw and that's an easy TD.

Josh Goforth

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 24, 2017, 09:31:54 pm
The safety jumped on the int like he'd seen it 100 times, just not many open receiver's.

johnny cash

was triple coverage. Not very good odds on that being anything of what it was or incomplete.

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: Josh Goforth on September 24, 2017, 08:12:51 pm

Wow, so it was even worse than I thought. I was at the game and didn't understand what was happening on the o-line. I assumed it was just the copious amounts of Miller Lite talking.

But all that shuffling makes no sense when you consider what we have on the o-line. Wallace apparently never played a down. Zach Rogers is apparently being held in reserve in case Ragnow goes down. Ok, I understand. But is Rogers sitting on the bench a better situation than moving the starting tackle to guard and moving the #2 LT to RT? If we're going to be shuffling the o-line around like that, why not have Rogers play guard? If Ragnow goes down, oh well, he moves to center and nothing is different at any other position on the o-line.

Now I don't know what goes on practice. But the numbers just are not adding up. It doesn't make any sense to me that we've got guys that were highly rated coming out of high school and have been in the program for 3-4 years sitting behind walk ons and converted defensive lineman. They don't even play when the current starting lineup has problems. Again, I don't know what goes in practice, but if someone could explain to me the logic behind that whole cabal I would be tickled to listen. To me it makes zero sense.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

sowmonella

If your talking about the 1st down throw I agree. AA double clutched instead of just letting it go.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

arkfan81

Have faith...

ChicoHog

Quote from: johnny cash on September 24, 2017, 10:23:40 pm
was triple coverage. Not very good odds on that being anything of what it was or incomplete.
Poor decision to throw that ball. 

tannerstahl

i love the hogs....so very very much

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Clary straight got his rear whupped.  Henderson rag-dolled him about 7 yards on one play I remember vividly.

Also watch that video a few times...  lots of lazy route running and an obvious lack of situational awareness and audibles to take what the A&M D was giving. 

It sure seems there is a lot to be desired in the fundamentals of football with the Razorbacks.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

PygmalionEffect2

QuoteIt doesn't make any sense to me that we've got guys that were highly rated coming out of high school and have been in the program for 3-4 years sitting behind walk ons and converted defensive lineman.

It makes complete sense they might be playing behind a converted defensive lineman in Froholdt who is playing extremely well in his second year of starting.

It's complete nonsense that they're sitting behind a true freshman guard that was getting steam rolled into AA on most of the pass plays he was in there on, collapsing the interior of the pocket.

I just spent an hour watching every pass play in slow motion, so I don't want to listen to anymore uninformed nonsense on here about Clary being in there because he's just "so good" and "plays smart" and evidently doesn't miss his assignments.

He's the only lineman that was getting physically whipped.  Most of the other sacks and hurries were assignment misreads by Cantrell, Jackson, and Gibson.

Ramirez got blasted on a speed rush early but then settled down.  He did good late, but it also didn't look like they were coming at him as hard as the first three quarters so I'm hesitant to take too much positive from the fact that he was solid on those late TD drives.

Clary is not ready for the SEC.

The head coach is not ready to figure out who his best players are.  Maybe by the time he's 70, he'll have it figured out.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

PygmalionEffect2

Oh,

and Ragnow looks like superman out there.

The big DT that was running over Clary on several pass plays got matched up on Ragnow on that roll out left where Cole missed the easy TD pass

Ragnow pancaked him like a rag doll.

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

PygmalionEffect2

When Jackson screws up it's because he has this weird tendency to slide inside to help Froholdt on a double when Froholdt doesn't need any help and leaves the TE, usually Cantrell to take his man which is a mis-match for Cantrell who is a much better run blocker than pass blocker.

This happened in the first game too with people thinking he was getting over matched.  That only happened on the first series.  After that, he and Cantrell couldn't get on the same page a couple times.

Couldn't bring myself to watch the replay of the TCU game.

Jackson isn't all-SEC by any stretch, but when he makes the proper read off the snap, he's done a pretty good job against the people he's been matched up against so far.  I'm sure there will be bigger challenges coming. 

Temprees

Quote from: Josh Goforth on September 24, 2017, 09:58:39 pm
The safety jumped on the int like he'd seen it 100 times, just not many open receiver's.
Tight ends are easier to cover than shifty, quick WRs

dhizzle

Of the six sacks AA held on to the ball to long on two of them. However he was getting hurried a lot. I do like the three step drops for short gains of 8 yards. I think that needs to happen more because asking this line to pass block for 7 step drop backs ain't working.

onebadrubi

Quote from: dhizzle on September 25, 2017, 09:15:13 am
Of the six sacks AA held on to the ball to long on two of them. However he was getting hurried a lot. I do like the three step drops for short gains of 8 yards. I think that needs to happen more because asking this line to pass block for 7 step drop backs ain't working.

This is my thought as well.  I think this will create rhythm, something this offense has lacked the last year and a half.  They get it in short small spurts and thats it.  Enos could call the plays to get BA in rhythm, but for some reason not AA.  Take from that what you will. 

We have seen now too much shuffling on this team after the season starts. 

dhizzle

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 25, 2017, 09:31:20 am
This is my thought as well.  I think this will create rhythm, something this offense has lacked the last year and a half.  They get it in short small spurts and thats it.  Enos could call the plays to get BA in rhythm, but for some reason not AA.  Take from that what you will. 

We have seen now too much shuffling on this team after the season starts.

You're right if you're going to do any shuffling they should have done that in the first game to see who their best offensive lineman are. The five you have played the previous two game have more cohesion. Therefore you ride or die with them.

However I will say 43 points is more than enough to win a game.

riccoar

Two things I saw. 

1.  Allen did a good bit of staring down.
2.  A&M DB's played right up on the receivers.

Josh Goforth

Quote from: riccoar on September 25, 2017, 09:54:50 am
Two things I saw. 

1.  Allen did a good bit of staring down.
2.  A&M DB's played right up on the receivers.
AM ran a solid amount if cover 1 with Watts free to roam in the middle. Also why they were burnt deep a few times by Nance.