Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All Things Gruden--MERGED

Started by jbcarol, April 15, 2012, 03:05:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JaketheSnake

Feralhog

Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former coach finder for the Tejas Longhorns.......Feralhog the Magnificent

Pigstie

Quote from: Wayne Watson on November 26, 2012, 07:00:06 pm
Link below

Pig in the Poop is a die hard Grudenite
They are all trying to walk it back now.. I guess to limit the amount of egg facial when this is all over with...  Pathetic
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

Feralhog

There is no credible reason to not announce if the guy is signed and he's not coaching a game this coming weekend. 
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former coach finder for the Tejas Longhorns.......Feralhog the Magnificent

Hog lite

Quote from: Feralhog on November 29, 2012, 08:21:32 am
BINGO

And from serving on a board, I know that they may very well not be Accurate

Justifiable Hogicide

TDHawgs

Like I said the other day Jeff Long is the source.

BartIV

Mr. Prozac

The degree of credibility can be calculated by the following equation:

Credibility = (# of days since the coaching staff was "reassigned")(# beers you have consumed - millions alleged in offer) + (BOT factor x 3.142) / (the degrees of separation of the source from Jeff Long) (number of hours from 5 PM)

Albert Einswine

So this whole Gruden sham has its genesis in a John Daly tweet from April... amazing...
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

DCimport

I did have a source that worked in the Broyles Athletic Center. She is a semi-good looking chick.

Last April she lost her job and I lost a source .

Feralhog

Quote from: Hog lite on November 29, 2012, 08:32:10 am
And from serving on a board, I know that they may very well not be Accurate

Absolutely.  People can look at these coaching searches two ways.  Type 1)  This person wants only the facts.  Let's use Mike Irwin as an example.  Mike has stated multiple times that he has a certain number of sources that he requires to confirm a story before he runs with it.  That's the kind of info some people want, anything less and they just aren't interested.  2) This person likes hearing the latest info.  It's the stuff that someone like a Mike Irwin might hear but would never run with the story because there's just not enough confirmation.  It's through the grape vine stuff. 

Type 2 posts drives Type 1 people crazy.  Type 1 demands on Type 2 posts drives Type 2 people crazy.

NorthshoreBoar

Quote from: Mr. Prozac on November 29, 2012, 08:37:02 am
The degree of credibility can be calculated by the following equation:

Credibility = (# of days since the coaching staff was "reassigned")(# beers you have consumed - millions alleged in offer) + (BOT factor x 3.142) / (the degrees of separation of the source from Jeff Long) (number of hours from 5 PM)
60% of the time Pi is used it works everytime.
A good man can live a lie for only so long before he becomes just a man. - Jason Whitlock

kingofdequeen

Credible Source - members of arkansas media about 6 hrs before the presser.

that's as good as it gets.  everyone else is spitballing.

ss1000

Lol. Not sure that anyone on this forum can define a good source.
Its not much of a crime to whack a surly bartender.

I hope your wrong, yes sir captain, me too, but I aint.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

I figure that on the Arkansas side only three people can know for sure what's what: Long, Gearhardt, Varady.  Who's credible on the other side of whatever conversations Long is having is another question.

EFBAB

rwspear

Huckleberry Pig

what's the other side of the street?  btw the tennessee board seems pretty confident they have gruden.  It's actually very fascinating, it is almost an exact parallel of what this thread used to be.  They have a few posters with "inside info" (I call them Master Grudes) and everyone else hangs on their every word.  If they go away for a while, everyone freaks out until one of them comes back and says "we are all Grude".

If something doesn't go their way, it's a "smokescreen" and was a genius move by the AD.  There are even smokescreens to cover other smokescreens. 

If someone posts something that is "anti-Grude" or if someone questions one of the Master Grudes, all the Original Grudenites (yes they even call themselves the same thing) get pissed and tell them to GTFO (sound familiar) and go read another thread.

I didnt realize how ridiculous this looked until I took off the homer glasses and went over there and read their board. 

Still entertaining to watch though.

edit: I do admit to being a Grudenite at one point.  I have gotten off that train.

John Futrall

RockChalkJayhawk

A person with no sources in this matter should not feel a sense of entitlement regarding information coming from those people with sources.

It doesn't take long to figure out which poster is making an effort to bring quality information to the fray, and which poster is simply talking out their posterior.  Some people steadfastly believe their sources and attempt to share information but common sense tells you there is no guarantee this information is 100% accurate as only Jeff Long truly knows what is going on.

And, things change.  What is correct one day may be incorrect the next.  This is a coaching search with many variables and it is difficult for anyone, sources or not, to be correct in naming who is going to appear at the podium.  Some people have sources yet everyone has an opinion. All of us are entitled to an opinion.  None of us are entitled to source-fed information with a guarantee of its accuracy.

OrvilleRedenporker

My source is an honor roll student at Armani Ronnie School of Saints

OldCoot

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on November 29, 2012, 09:34:26 am
what's the other side of the street?  btw the tennessee board seems pretty confident they have gruden.  It's actually very fascinating, it is almost an exact parallel of what this thread used to be.  They have a few posters with "inside info" (I call them Master Grudes) and everyone else hangs on their every word.  If they go away for a while, everyone freaks out until one of them comes back and says "we are all Grude".

If something doesn't go their way, it's a "smokescreen" and was a genius move by the AD.  There are even smokescreens to cover other smokescreens. 

If someone posts something that is "anti-Grude" or if someone questions one of the Master Grudes, all the Original Grudenites (yes they even call themselves the same thing) get pissed and tell them to GTFO (sound familiar) and go read another thread.

I didnt realize how ridiculous this looked until I took off the homer glasses and went over there and read their board. 

Still entertaining to watch though.

edit: I do admit to being a Grudenite at one point.  I have gotten off that train.

I don't think it's fair to say you "got off the train" after it was obvious he wasn't coming.  It's ok, laugh at yourself.  It shows humility. :D

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Hogbeaver on November 29, 2012, 10:21:19 am
I don't think it's fair to say you "got off the train" after it was obvious he wasn't coming.  It's ok, laugh at yourself.  It shows humility. :D

That's exactly what happened, not gonna hide that.  Won't be the last time I show humility lol.  Oh well, was fun while it lasted

Pigstie

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on November 29, 2012, 10:43:51 am
That's exactly what happened, not gonna hide that.  Won't be the last time I show humility lol.  Oh well, was fun while it lasted
Props to you sir...  +1
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

SpareRib

Quote from: Feralhog on November 29, 2012, 08:51:57 am
Absolutely.  People can look at these coaching searches two ways.  Type 1)  This person wants only the facts.  Let's use Mike Irwin as an example.  Mike has stated multiple times that he has a certain number of sources that he requires to confirm a story before he runs with it.  That's the kind of info some people want, anything less and they just aren't interested.  2) This person likes hearing the latest info.  It's the stuff that someone like a Mike Irwin might hear but would never run with the story because there's just not enough confirmation.  It's through the grape vine stuff. 

Type 2 posts drives Type 1 people crazy.  Type 1 demands on Type 2 posts drives Type 2 people crazy.

Absolutely.  I'm pretty much a Type 1.  Type 2 stuff and speculation drive me crazy.  (But I read it all anyway, so that's on me, isn't it.   :)  )
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

OldCoot

I think it was fine to dream about it.  I dreamed about what I would do with 500M last night.  It was fun while it lasted.

jbcarol

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on November 30, 2012, 12:16:29 am
@TravHaneyESPN: Gruden story back to life in Chattanooga. Has offer, paper says. "@Entropy4742: @TravHaneyESPN It's back up http://t.co/c0okWkTC"

Thread comes full circle with another report from that news outlet in Chattanooga (see OP):

Chattanooga Times Free Press has learned from sources close to the process that Super Bowl-winning coach Jon Gruden has been extended an offer to succeed Derek Dooley.

Sources confirmed that while details are still being negotiated, the university's offer is very lucrative and there is no firm deadline on a decision.

Gruden's decision likely will hinge on the money the school is willing to pay for his potential staff, the sources say.

"Right now, the money is there for him [Gruden], but they aren't as close as he would like for his assistants," one source said.

[One of those assistants would presumed to be current Bengals OC Jay Gruden.]
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

HoggyCat

Gruden pulled out of Tennessee consideration.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

jbcarol

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/nov/30/report-gruden-has-tennessee-contract-hand-staff-pa/

The Times Free Press story conflicts with other reports this week, including one from News Sentinel partner GoVols247, that Gruden had cancelled a Wednesday meeting with Tennessee Athletic Dave Hart and was no longer considered a serious candidate for the position.

[If the Mayans were right, Knoxville may be the place to be to hang on for awhile.]
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

OldCoot

Methinks Gruden is a big attention whore.

Albert Einswine

Gruden, attention whore? MNF broadcasts confirm your suspicion.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Huckleberry Pig

volnation is hilarious right now.  pitchforks and torches for their AD

jbcarol

Clay Travis ‏@ClayTravisBGID
Well, at least we know Jon Gruden's agent doesn't do much work for Jon Gruden. Glad that's cleared up.

hawgjr

CDBHawg

Quote from: Feralhog on November 29, 2012, 08:30:45 am
There is no credible reason to not announce if the guy is signed and he's not coaching a game this coming weekend.

Not saying I disagree, but I did hear the excuse/reason that he has to wait until after Dec. 1st to not take another coaching job. That's when the Glazer's write their last check to him.

gbaurnett

gbaurnett

Danny J

Quote from: CDBHawg on November 30, 2012, 08:03:51 pm
Not saying I disagree, but I did hear the excuse/reason that he has to wait until after Dec. 1st to not take another coaching job. That's when the Glazer's write their last check to him.
Do you have a link to that? Also....why would the "money people" and Gruden want to announce after the Tulsa game if he was waiting on his last check?

CDBHawg

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on November 30, 2012, 09:57:08 pm
Do you have a link to that? Also....why would the "money people" and Gruden want to announce after the Tulsa game if he was waiting on his last check?

I have no clue....

Why do certain money guys believe Patterson? Some Gruden? Some Stoops? Some Petersen?

All are good questions.

My guess is we wind up with Gruden, Stoops, Patterson, or Petersen as HC.

I'm happy with any of those.

Mikey

Golfer

Quote from: CDBHawg on November 30, 2012, 08:03:51 pm

Then how can they excuse the fact that they were saying that the money and Gruden wanted the announcement after the Tulsa game?  Don't you think that Gruden knew then, all the details of his buyout?  If that was true that he wanted to announce then, that shoots their theory that the holdup now is his buyout.

Danny J

Quote from: CDBHawg on November 30, 2012, 10:03:47 pm
I have no clue....

Why do certain money guys believe Patterson? Some Gruden? Some Stoops? Some Petersen?

All are good questions.

Well obviously I would be happy with any of those as well and say Patterson on that list is the most likely. I expect that Patterson and Gundy are neck and neck. I wouldn't be surprised if we are in contact with both their agents. I bet the leaks really start tomorrow night maybe sunday.

CDBHawg

Quote from: Golfer on November 30, 2012, 11:30:59 pm
Then how can they excuse the fact that they were saying that the money and Gruden wanted the announcement after the Tulsa game?  Don't you think that Gruden knew then, all the details of his buyout?  If that was true that he wanted to announce then, that shoots their theory that the holdup now is his buyout.

Quote from: CDBHawg on November 30, 2012, 10:03:47 pm
I have no clue....

All are good questions.

Dirty

Hogforlife

swinesation

Quote from: RazorHawg16 on December 04, 2012, 12:01:44 am
Ahem

Why would you resurrect this pointless thread? Anyway, Satan and the Devil are the same dude, knot-head.

Ishnublah

Danny J