Gonna be very good. I'm not sure about #1 though

Dillar Dog

where do you live, sh!tbird?

Hawg Balling

Quote from: Dillar Dog on September 17, 2009, 10:00:09 am
Just overheard this in the clubhouse:

"Alabama should be ranked #1 going into next season."

Huh?

It's way too early, but I don't think it'll be out of the realm of possibility.  They'll have most of their offense back, including McElroy, Ingram, and Jones, and they'll have Donte Hightower, Rolando McClain (if he doesn't go to the NFL), and a few key secondary personnel returning.  It'll depend on how they do this year, who they lose to the NFL, and how young and untested their defense will be next year.  Their offense will be better and experienced, but scoring a lot of points isn't part of Saban's M.O.

Hawg Balling

Quote from: Solomwi on September 17, 2009, 02:15:00 pm
One thing to note about bammers. They live for the past and the future. Even when the present is going very, very well.

Very true.  It's no coincidence that people still wear those goofy derby hats and show off their Bear Bryant tattoos.  They won't be happy until they hire another alum and that coach goes on to match or surpass Bryant's success. 

Hawg Balling

September 17, 2009, 02:26:55 pm #5 Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 02:29:26 pm by Hawg Balling
Quote from: Solomwi on September 17, 2009, 02:15:00 pm
One thing to note about bammers. They live for the past and the future. Even when the present is going very, very well.

I have a cousin who is an Alabama alum and fanatical Tide fan.  We spent last Thanksgiving in Birmingham, and we were talking about them being undeated going into the Auburn game, and he shocked me by saying "Yeah, but this isn't supposed to happen right now, it's just too early.  We're still one or two years away."  I was just thinking "Jesus, just enjoy the great success of your football team."  I'd be hanging from the rafters if the Hogs were 11-0 going into the LSU game.