Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Richt is going to use the "Houston Nutt game plan"

Started by 3BoarsDown, September 17, 2009, 07:46:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TrumannRazorback24

Quote from: Rebel Fan on September 17, 2009, 10:14:32 am
Does beating Florida and Texas Tech last year count as showing up in a big game?
I swear to God... do you Rebel fans not realize that we had the man as a coach for a freaking decade?  You guys act like you've had him for over ten years, and we had one season with him.

DEVICEHIGH

Quote from: woopigsooie89 on September 17, 2009, 03:44:33 pm
I think he was trying to say if Houston can run more on OSU than Georgia, then maybe their rushing attack isn't all that great.. Time will tell..

You have to read all post to understand the conversation...

Quote from: YodaHog on September 17, 2009, 08:48:52 am
How potent is UGA's rushing attack?  They currently rank last in the SEC with 101 y/g.

Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on September 17, 2009, 08:59:56 am
The rest of the SEC has been playing high school teams while their stats are against OSU and USCe.
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

56Hog

Quote from: 3BoarsDown on September 17, 2009, 07:46:30 am
they are going to play ball control, time of possession, smash mouth football.

A comment was made yesterday, "you keep that laminated sheet out of his hands and you frustrate Bobby Petrino."

If we can stop the run, the Hogs win this one. They are going to come down hill straight at our defense. They have watched extensive tape on UF, Bama, and TX last year.

It's not about 3 and outs or stopping the run cold.  It is about limiting UGa to FGs on the early drives because they are not going to keep up with the TDs that Petrino's offense will deliver.  With decent protection for Mallett Arkansas will sustain drives and will get ahead sooner or later.  Georgia will run but not consistently and Cox will break down under the gradually escalating pressure.  Georgia's D will tire in the 4th quarter and Arkansas' backs will grind up the clock and maybe the scoreboard in the end.  The whole thing will be over in about three and a half hours.
"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Sivad on September 17, 2009, 02:03:53 pm
What "Houston Nutt Gameplan" ?
Never been able to detect that he even has one, just jumping up, down all over the sidelines like a chicken with his head cut off. Eating his fingernails. Wasting timeouts. Looking like he is about to vapor lock because he does not have one clue about what to do next.

Not to mention texting his honey right before a bowl game.

I wonder sometimes if his family's DNA doesn't have an extra chromosome.

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on September 17, 2009, 11:49:28 pm

Not to mention texting his honey right before a bowl game.
I wonder sometimes if his family's DNA doesn't have an extra chromosome.

No kidding. Ole Houston was sure "gaming" that day.

pigface

All you ever want as a coach is a team just good enough to have a chance to win a ball game in the 4th quarter!   Precious!

kingofdequeen

Quote from: pigface on September 18, 2009, 01:59:08 am
All you ever want as a coach is a team just good enough to have a chance to win a ball game in the 4th quarter!   Precious!

this is the quote that always sent me looking for a bottle of booze. 

a 'chance' to win. 

most coaches would want the game in hand in the 4th qtr...not 'goober' tho.  that's why he gets beat by teams he should house.

Boarcephus

Quote from: kingofdequeen on September 18, 2009, 06:54:19 am
this is the quote that always sent me looking for a bottle of booze. 

a 'chance' to win. 

most coaches would want the game in hand in the 4th qtr...not 'goober' tho.  that's why he gets beat by teams he should house.

So true.  When you know you're out talented and out coached you pray to the football gods and rain you'll get lucky and pull it out in the end and if you don't, you have a ready made excuse.   That's what we learned from Nutt. 

I don't see "luck" in any part of Petrino's game plan.  You get the talent, then you coach them up, you prepare them for any scenario they might encounter on the field and you unleash them.  Let the other coaches hope to keep it close.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.