Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Re: Gus

Started by rowdy1, September 16, 2009, 11:59:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rowdy1

Asked a simple question about Gus in April and got blasted by several of you.  Isn't it amazing that the guy gets named National Coordinator of the Week by Rivals and Auburn is averaging 572 yards a game.  He's still a class act and you cannot deny that he's a great offensive mind and a great asset to the game.  Yes, MS St. and Louisiana Tech are not much of anything to shout about, but the rest of the year will be much of the same for Auburn on the offensive side of the ball....
Go Hogs!! :razorback:
Stop bitching! Don't believe everything you read.  Do the research!  Believe in the Hogs~

NorthshoreBoar

I'm rooting for the guy to do well, just not against us....ever.
A good man can live a lie for only so long before he becomes just a man. - Jason Whitlock

ur

+1 to ya. I am a big fan and yes, you can be a hog fan and a gus fan. Sure I will root for the hogs when we play auburn. I am sure I will get some negative feedback for this post. Don't care. I am a bigger hog fan than all of "the true hog fans" that will post something negative because they can't be a fan of both. Think for one second how it would have been if Gus and the Springdale boys had not come to the U of A.  No 8-0 as a starter, no wildcat, DMAC and Felix would have been good but not as good against a defense that stacked 10 in the box every game, and biggest of all, we would still have dale and no bobby. Now tell me how you feel.   

gohogsgo006

Quote from: rowdy1 on September 16, 2009, 11:59:35 am
Asked a simple question about Gus in April and got blasted by several of you.  Isn't it amazing that the guy gets named National Coordinator of the Week by Rivals and Auburn is averaging 572 yards a game.  He's still a class act and you cannot deny that he's a great offensive mind and a great asset to the game.  Yes, MS St. and Louisiana Tech are not much of anything to shout about, but the rest of the year will be much of the same for Auburn on the offensive side of the ball....

ya, how bout this get moved to SEC Sports instead of MMQB....where we talk about the razorbacks
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

Cementhog

Why do you people want to plug up the MMQB with posts about non Razorback issues? Scroll down to SEC Sports. I know that Gus is the second coming but put him down in the purgatory that is all other SEC sports. Until he rides his white horse back into DWRRS and shoots 60 yard hail Marys out his arse STFU about how he was named by a recruiting service, that already thinks he holds the right hand of god when he calls a play, the OC of the week when he ran up eleventeen thousand yards on the worst team in the SEC.

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever Class of 86

dougieritch

Quote from: BoaredatWork on September 16, 2009, 12:14:43 pm
I'm rooting for the guy to do well, just not against us....ever.

Agreed!

davis01

Quote from: Cementhog on September 16, 2009, 12:19:27 pm
Why do you people want to plug up the MMQB with posts about non Razorback issues? Scroll down to SEC Sports. I know that Gus is the second coming but put him down in the purgatory that is all other SEC sports. Until he rides his white horse back into DWRRS and shoots 60 yard hail Marys out his arse STFU about how he was named by a recruiting service, that already thinks he holds the right hand of god when he calls a play, the OC of the week when he ran up eleventeen thousand yards on the worst team in the SEC.

Be careful what you wish for.  We haven't played them yet.

ur

Why do some people comment like this yet they will make a comment about Memphis state in MMQB?

bolo1010

if it bothers yall that much about being in MMQB why do you even read the thread?   Does it really make you have THAT BAD of a day?

ua_hogs

Go Hogs!! War Eagle!!

There, fixed it for you. 

I think Auburn has a message board, maybe you should check it out.  This is Razorback football, Gus is an Auburn coach.

FAABrad

Why do you people want to plug up the MMQB with posts about non Razorback issues?

What is your definition of plugging up MMQB with non-razorback issues?  I went to the front page and I saw at least 30 threads or more pertaining to the Razorbacks.  If you look a little closer you might find some razorback stuff there too.

The Hogfather

I hope his offense never works against SEC teams and that he loses every game while he is employed by any other SEC team.

Poop on him and Auburn.

porknbeans

Cementhead, er, hog

Logic (or lack thereof) such as yours continues to amaze me. The thread title is re: Gus. Given that you can read, the concept of "don't click on the thread if you don't like it" apparently can't penetrate cement.

If the mods choose to leave this thread up in MMQB, then it's obviously OK with them. There's no need to for you to spew your vitriol like so much wet cement out your chute. Take off your hardhead, breathe in, relax... and quit telling people to STFU - you're way out line.
Never wrestle with a Hog - you get dirty and the Hog likes it

Calling All Hogs

I think it's funny that 3 years ago Auburn was probably laughing at us for hiring Gus as the Arkansas OC. Now he is their main hope for being able to win. How times change.

Cementhog

Quote from: FAABrad on September 16, 2009, 12:35:54 pm
What is your definition of plugging up MMQB with non-razorback issues?  I went to the front page and I saw at least 30 threads or more pertaining to the Razorbacks.  If you look a little closer you might find some razorback stuff there too.
It goes for those threads also. I come to MMQB for Hog information not Gus or Memphis State. Whoever post stuff like this in MMQB does it for one reason, to get it read. If they post it where it belongs then it might not get read and it won't stir up a bunch if Sh*t. And by the way for you guys that want to smite me for this man up and admit it instead of doing it and not saying. Believe it or not this is a Razorback board. Lanny and the other Mods have included other areas for you fair weather fans to post in.

PorkSoda

Auburn may not be an offensive juggernaut, but they are definitely dangerous this year.  Looks like he is using Kodi Burns in the Wildcat formation, and Todd in regular formations.  Could be a shootout when we play them.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

chiefsfan

anyone who doesnt think Auburn is dangerous is just kidding themselves

hopefully because we are the only team in the SEC who has already seen Malzhans offense in person once, we wont have terrible trouble with it in a few weeks

that being said, McCalebb is a stud
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

porknbeans

Quote from: Cementhog on September 16, 2009, 12:44:58 pm
It goes for those threads also. I come to MMQB for Hog information not Gus or Memphis State. Whoever post stuff like this in MMQB does it for one reason, to get it read. If they post it where it belongs then it might not get read and it won't stir up a bunch if Sh*t. And by the way for you guys that want to smite me for this man up and admit it instead of doing it and not saying. Believe it or not this is a Razorback board. Lanny and the other Mods have included other areas for you fair weather fans to post in.
One can't stir up Sh*t unless there are t*rds available. Not sure where your 'man up' is directed, but you got my comment earlier - and a freshly minted and polished smite to go along with it.

I'll concede your point that Lanny and the mods have included other areas to start threads with debatable Razorback relevance. The fact that this thread hasn't been moved from MMQB tells me how they feel about the relevance of this topic.

The real Hogules

Two things strike me as odd, first as another poster pointed out when a thread about Memphis, Tennessee, or Old Myth shows up on MMQB no one shows their @$$ and demands that it be moved to another forum.

However if someone dares to mention that Malzahn is doing good at another school that poster is bombarded by haters and told to post his $#!T on the Auburn board.

Much like Butch Davis, we had our shot at Gus Malzahn, but he was waaaaay to high school for our ex-head coaches liking, so he was treated like crap and left.

Instead of appreciating the fact that Gus Malzahn didn't talk about his experiences at Arkansas, or give interviews about his time here with National media types once he left (and he was offered plenty of opportunities to clear the air), some choose to throw a fit every single time his name comes up.

Can't you be happy that an ex-Arkansan is doing good, with the lone exception being when he plays OUR team?

I am completely happy with Bobby Petrino and given the choice would have preferred him over Gus Malzahn, or any other coach available (including Butch Davis), but if Bobby hadn't of came and we certainly weren't getting Butch Davis to leave UNC, then I would have preferred Gus Malzahn over every other name that was thrown out during our coaching search.

Let's get past the "he ain't here" attitude and just be glad that one of our own has done very well at every place he's been since he left the UofA.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

porknbeans

Quote from: The real Hogules on September 16, 2009, 12:54:22 pm
Two things strike me as odd, first as another poster pointed out when a thread about Memphis, Tennessee, or Old Myth shows up on MMQB no one shows their @$$ and demands that it be moved to another forum.

However if someone dares to mention that Malzahn is doing good at another school that poster is bombarded by haters and told to post his $#!T on the Auburn board.

Much like Butch Davis, we had our shot at Gus Malzahn, but he was waaaaay to high school for our ex-head coaches liking, so he was treated like crap and left.

Instead of appreciating the fact that Gus Malzahn didn't talk about his experiences at Arkansas, or give interviews about his time here with National media types once he left (and he was offered plenty of opportunities to clear the air), some choose to throw a fit every single time his name comes up.

Can't you be happy that an ex-Arkansan is doing good, with the lone exception being when he plays OUR team?

I am completely happy with Bobby Petrino and given the choice would have preferred him over Gus Malzahn, or any other coach available (including Butch Davis), but if Bobby hadn't of came and we certainly weren't getting Butch Davis to leave UNC, then I would have preferred Gus Malzahn over every other name that was thrown out during our coaching search.

Let's get past the "he ain't here" attitude and just be glad that one of our own has done very well at every place he's been since he left the UofA.

+++++++++++

TheArkansasTraveller

Quote from: ua_hogs on September 16, 2009, 12:28:37 pm
There, fixed it for you. 

I think Auburn has a message board, maybe you should check it out.  This is Razorback football, Gus is an Auburn coach.

All this Gus huggery on a Hog message board is GD ridiculous.  The man is trying to out recruit the Hogs in the state of Arkansas and is formulating game plans to beat us on the field.  Yet the gus huggers continue to unite.  Go root for the Aubies, gus huggers.

Before the lemmings get on here and say "if you don't like the thread topic, skip over it",  this is support for a man that is a SECW divisional rival  on a hog message board and is doing no different than the man running the show in oxford.  It needs to be dealt with.

respirback

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 16, 2009, 12:36:53 pm
I hope his offense never works against SEC teams and that he loses every game while he is employed by any other SEC team.

Poop on him and Auburn.

What he said

ua_hogs

There is a huge difference between threads about Ole Miss, Tennessee, and Memphis.  The majority of the threads are either A) a link to an article about a certain situation, B) someone bashing them just because, or C) both A and B.

When people talk about Auburn, they usually talk about Gus and his offense.  When visitors (mainly recruits) read this board and see "Arkansas fans" slobbering over Gus and Auburn, how is that good for us?

Why would a recruit want to play at Arkansas when he sees Arkansas fans clamoring over Auburn and their offense?

Grag T

Odd that people would complain about clogging up the boards with non razorback topics over an occasional thread about gus when we have 50,000 threads a week about that phuckin' a$$wipe dog raping, goat felching ,sybian riding Nutt...
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

OKhogfan1959

I have known gus for many years. Like the guy a lot and think he's a good man. That's in a very manly way.

I am worried that he is going to hurt us. At this point he's getting way too much love from the HS Coaches and media. It's time to treat him as the enemy.

We don't need to loose kids to Gus at Auburn!

Biggus Piggus

Many of us are Malzahn fans.  It's a shame he is doing his thing outside of Arkansas, but that's Nutt's fault.
[CENSORED]!

The Marmot

Poop on him and Auburn.

^^^^   Gotta go with this.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

huggerfrommanila

ive been telling my buddies the same thing lawnhog and arkansastraveler.  hes recruiting against us. therefore i hope he fails.  no more arkansas boys to auburn!!!
"Welcome Razorback fans to another exciting day of SEC football, featuring Houston Nutt's Arkansas Razorbacks!"
If I had the wings of a sparrow, If I had the arse of a crow,I'd fly over Darrell K. Royal Stadium tomorrow, And **** on the bastards below.
Golf is like an 18-year-old girl with big boobs.  You know it's wrong but you can't keep away from her.  ~Val Doonican
Adding wrinkles:  good idea for football coaches, bad idea for the ladies.  ~my buddy Rick
James: What an absolutely beautiful day. Warm Sun, beautiful women...
Carl: And the air... is just right... for drinking.  ~Men at Work, 1990
Hank, dinner's almost ready.  I'm stirring in the cheese powder. ~Mrs. Peggy Hill

Cementhog

If the original post was about how they would put it on us this year I wouldn't have said a thing. The post was just to, once again, tell everyone here how great Gus is. And why it hasn't been moved is news to me it doesn't add one thing to MMQB.

cdhogfan

Here's to hoping Gus fails during his days at any other SEC school.

passinghog

Are we playing auburn this week?
This, like all other posts about other SEC schools, belong in a different forum.

This type of praise would be equivalent to Alabama fans praising another coach when they have Nick Saban!

Bobby Petrino>>>> Gus Malzahn all day, everyday

passinghog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 16, 2009, 01:13:16 pm
Many of us are Malzahn fans.  It's a shame he is doing his thing outside of Arkansas, but that's Nutt's fault.

If having Bobby Petrino means never ever having Gus Malzahn, then so be it.
No way would having Gus on our staff would we be able to expand our recruiting areas like we have under CBP.

dddollars

Quote from: gohogsgo006 on September 16, 2009, 12:15:26 pm
ya, how bout this get moved to SEC Sports instead of MMQB....where we talk about the razorbacks

This....Not saying theres not a place for people to show there love for gus but this just isnt the place

Jeffcphog

We have been told over and over again just how bad Gus was treated at Arkansas.  Think about it.  How many D1 schools would have hired Gus to be an offensive coordinator in the first place?  Not backfield coach, but coordinator.

I would have to say he was treated pretty well by the University.  TCTWF may have been a dork to him, but if not for the University Gus would not hold the position he has today.  GO HOGS.

red_beard_82

The "MMQB is for razorback football only" argument would carry a lot more weight if it were thrown at the half dozen threads that are started here every week every time the Ole Miss coach coughs. My guess is that those that hate seeing something about Gus doing well are the same ones that are still mad he was at the center of all the mess that got your beloved coach run off. Gus is doing well and I hope he continues to show up the Ole Miss crew with continued success, except when he is playing the razorbacks or challenging us for the west. Be consistant if you want your argument to be considered.

ua_hogs

Quote from: red_beard_82 on September 16, 2009, 01:48:37 pm
The "MMQB is for razorback football only" argument would carry a lot more weight if it were thrown at the half dozen threads that are started here every week every time the Ole Miss coach coughs. My guess is that those that hate seeing something about Gus doing well are the same ones that are still mad he was at the center of all the mess that got your beloved coach run off. Gus is doing well and I hope he continues to show up the Ole Miss crew with continued success, except when he is playing the razorbacks or challenging us for the west. Be consistant if you want your argument to be considered.

While I get tired of thread after thread of Nutt/Ole Miss, at least they are bashing the other team threads.

Hawg Balling

Quote from: ua_hogs on September 16, 2009, 12:28:37 pm

Poop on him and Auburn.

These