Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Georgia fans are very arrogant

Started by Houston h, September 15, 2009, 10:04:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PigPusher

A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

DrSwineESQ

Georgia Fans are just being Georgia fans and it was a hog fan who started the mess on their board.  Who cares if they're cocky--so are we.

That aside, I do get a keen sense of satisfaction knowing how "burned" the boys from Deliverance are going to be if Petrino and the Hogs march through the bulldogs in Fayetteville with the authority that Sherman marched through Atlanta.  But this will be a tough game, and those jawja boys do play us hard (I think those fellahs get a little too lathered when they hear a hog call) so we'll just have to see.   

NorthshoreBoar

September 15, 2009, 12:46:31 pm #52 Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 12:48:52 pm by BoaredatWork
Quote from: Hornkiller on September 15, 2009, 11:47:01 am
um... same thing, different week,  different team. Just replace "Oklahoma" with "Georgia." Personally I'd like to see the pot stirers stay and finish what they started instead of running back here for support.
post of the day (in my humble biased opinion)
A good man can live a lie for only so long before he becomes just a man. - Jason Whitlock

NorthshoreBoar

A good man can live a lie for only so long before he becomes just a man. - Jason Whitlock

HotlantaHog

There's no bravado among Georgia fans I know this year. They realize UGa is down this year and best that can be hoped for is ''rebuilding'' for next year.

I know Georgia fans can be cocky and hard to bear, but really not so much right now.

linze82

Quote from: Semper Hogelis on September 15, 2009, 12:13:05 pm
Atlanta is also the hometown of that fine upstanding gentleman Kanye West.  We all know he is a classy guy after the other night.  Don't even get me started on the "Rap Community" in ATL.  I'd rather be known for Chickens, and Wal-Mart than being the crime capital of the South.

kanye is from chicago, but i get your drift
smite me bishes

Semper Hogelis

Okay.  Kanye was born in Atlanta, raised in Chitown.  I guess it's all how you interpet "From"

"Kanye West was born in Atlanta, Georgia, where he lived with both of his parents. When he was three years old, his parents divorced, and he and his mother moved to Chicago, Illinois"

Quote from: linze82 on September 15, 2009, 12:55:17 pm
kanye is from chicago, but i get your drift
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

mtownhog

Quote from: sggrant323 on September 15, 2009, 10:43:20 am
Petrino is going to be a modern day Sherman next year when we go to Georgia to play them.

I like the history reference.

Atl_Hog

September 15, 2009, 01:03:40 pm #58 Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 01:06:03 pm by Atl_Hog
Quote from: Semper Hogelis on September 15, 2009, 12:13:05 pm
Atlanta is also the hometown of that fine upstanding gentleman Kanye West.  We all know he is a classy guy after the other night.  Don't even get me started on the "Rap Community" in ATL.  I'd rather be known for Chickens, and Wal-Mart than being the crime capital of the South.

Don't let facts cloud your posts. Kanye (rightfully called a Jackass by the President) is from Chicago not Atlanta.

Everyone needs to chill out...UGA has as much to do with Atlanta as the rest of the SEC. If any college claims Atlanta and rightfully so its Georgia Tech whose campus and stadium are a stone's throw from downtown/midtown Atlanta.

Yes, Atlanta has an ugly side but what major city doesn't? Don't tell me you guys feel safe driving through some of the awesome neighborhoods in Pine Bluff, AR.
Wooo Pig Sooie!!!

RiseAgainst

I only disagree with 1 thing in the OP's post...other than that, he's right..............which will make it SOOOO much better to beat them this weekend. LOL @ losing to a state that has NOTHING near as good as GA. lol

The Great Hambino

The_Iceman

Falcons, Hawks, and Braves.....there's something to be proud of for a professional sports town.

BloodRedHog

We don't deserve respect from Fla, Georgia or any other SEC team that has a winning record against us since we joined the SEC....
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

atekido

Arkansas created Walmart.  id say that trumps just about anything from every state, and on Saturday we will create some more things....TD's on Georgia ^^

donewithdale

Quote from: BoaredatWork on September 15, 2009, 12:48:17 pm
Anywhere > Atlanta
Correction many places > South Atlanta except Memphis, Little Rock, Jackson, Shreveport

b0sc0b

Quote from: sggrant323 on September 15, 2009, 10:43:20 am
Petrino is going to be a modern day Sherman next year when we go to Georgia to play them.
Sherman is not exactly a hero in the South and the particulars of his invasion are not exactly what brings up visions of sugarplums. 
Government is not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem.-Ronald Reagan

El Dogg Hog

Quote from: RazorTusk14 on September 15, 2009, 10:48:08 am
Maybe he's thinking about Dale Earnhardt. Think he said something like "second place is first loser."

Bill Engvall also said, "Second place is the Number 1 Loser, since nobody lost before you!!"  One of my favorite quotes.

Georgia may have all that crap they claim, but I would still take Arkansas over it all day long and in the end....that's all that counts.  :razorback:

want2be

When Petrino was hired as the head Hog, he was asked what his favorite motto is. His answer:

"Speak softly and carry and big stick"

He likes it so much he hired a def cord who looks like Teddy R !!

Talk is cheap............It will  be a dawg-hawg fight Saturday.

Jabroni

Most of the replies on this thread are pretty classy.

+1 to Hogville.

oldbooniehog

Never forget, never, ever, ever ever forget that both the novel and the movie "Deliverance" were set in Georgia.

Bada-bung-bung-bung..........

obh

Hoggish1

Quote from: Houston h on September 15, 2009, 10:04:11 am
This is a post from one of their sites.......

We have a good honest man for a coach, you have a money grubbing back stabbing snake oil salesman.

Wow.  This guy doesn't even know nut doesn't coach at Arkansas anymore.  Talk about clueless.  LOL

kingofdequeen

Quote from: oldbooniehog on September 15, 2009, 02:53:41 pm
Never forget, never, ever, ever ever forget that both the novel and the movie "Deliverance" were set in Georgia.

Bada-bung-bung-bung..........

obh

wasn't it set in AR, shot in GA?  or vice versa?

i mean...glass houses, and all.

Jabroni

Quote from: kingofdequeen on September 15, 2009, 03:17:53 pm
wasn't it set in AR, shot in GA?  or vice versa?

i mean...glass houses, and all.

no no no... Deliverance is ALL Georgia.. set in GA, shot in GA (amongst other surrounding states)

nothing arkansas about that movie at all

NorthshoreBoar

They have some classy fans on their board as well.  See thread below taken from dawgRant:  http://www.dawgrant.com/rant/messagetopic.asp?p=840257&b=1&v=2

To the RazorBacks on the board...   (Posted on 9/15 at 3:01 p.m.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...I just wanted to say that, save one of you (and you know who you are), all of you have really impressed me with your level-headed approach to this game and to your team. I wish I could have said as much for the OSU fans, but I'll give em their due since they whipped us.

Congrats to you all for pulling in some talent after Mitch Mustain jumped ship (guess that worked out well for him...lol) and good luck to you after Saturday.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Mick Hogger

Deliverance had nothing to do with Arkansas and is strictly set in GA.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

Hawg-U

We won ten games last year, you won 5.

We have Atlanta, you have Little Rock.

We have won 2 SEC Championships and finished 2nd in the nation in the last 8 years, you have continually sucked and embarrassed the conference when USC slaughtered your ass.

We have a good honest man for a coach, you have a money grubbing back stabbing snake oil salesman.

We have the Falcons, Braves, Hawks, Thrashers, the Masters, Nascar, we host Super Bowls, Olympics, All Star games and you have.....well, nothing.

Of course, they are also saying that they suck this year and we amy have a chance to win the game because of that.  They have a storied program, I understand that, but at the end of the day.....they too have only 1 NC.

We have Bill Clinton they have .... the peanut farmer Jimmy Carter

Hawg-U

yeah, they have deliverance too. Thats somthing to be proud of.

rogersvillemohog

Missing Dawg....
Last seen with this man....

;D
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Fancy on September 15, 2009, 03:27:39 pm

no no no... Deliverance is ALL Georgia.. set in GA, shot in GA (amongst other surrounding states)

nothing arkansas about that movie at all

my bad.  must've been misplaced memories of family reunions gone by...

Buff

September 15, 2009, 03:59:40 pm #79 Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 04:03:59 pm by Buff
Having ATL is nothing to brag about.

Dear Georgia fans,

You lost to Oklahoma STATE (ie. NOT the Sooners).  That team lost to Houston the following week after handling you.  Still want to be arrogant?  Win something now.

*Edit:  And the whole Deliverance thing already mentioned.

Bacons Rebellion

We have a coach who took a cut in pay so his family could escape Georgia. So they are right. Our coach is an embarassment to Gerogia.

Lard

Hmm.....those may be two of the most sucky cities in this country........not sure about this one.
"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

HighcountryHog

Quote from: atekido on September 15, 2009, 01:20:53 pm
Arkansas created Walmart. 

Not a good thing to be proud of, IMO.

Quote from: atekido on September 15, 2009, 01:20:53 pm
on Saturday we will create some more things....TD's on Georgia ^^

Forecast changed to rain in Fayetteville.  Mallett & Co. will be raining down bombs.
no bumps, no fat chicks

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Lard on September 15, 2009, 04:04:42 pm
Hmm.....those may be two of the most sucky cities in this country........not sure about this one.

I think i saw a SouthPark episode that dealt with this type situation.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Little Rock has Clinton Presidential Library, Atlanta has Olympic Park, New York has Times Square, Seattle has the Space Needle, New Orleans has Jackson Square, Dallas has the Reunion Plaza, Nashville has Music Square, Memphis has Beale St., Denver has Red Rocks, San Francisco has the Golden Gate Bridge, Tampa has Ybor City, Cleveland has the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Darwin Minnesota has the World's Largest Ball of Twine, Windsor California constructed the World's Largest Pumpkin Pie, and Cuba Missouri has the World's Largest Rocking Chair... what do all these have in common... They don't mean sh*t about the Hogs vs. Dogs game this weekend, but many on this thread might differ.

FaytownHog

Quote from: donewithdale on September 15, 2009, 10:45:14 am
They have a good honest man for coach.  I told this board weeks ago that they have resulted to the 'nice man' argument to defend Richt.  We all know how creepy and hollow that is.
it's like one of my friends told me, "we didn't hire BP to be a sunday school teacher, we hired him to be a football coach and to win games".

Dirty

Finebaum just told Mrs. Dooley that Arkansas would beat Georgia.  Mrs. Dooley said "We have to worry about the pigs"  Paul said he thinks Arkansas will win.

Killean

Just say something about Sherman :P

Burn...
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

jesterzzn

To shut up a georgia fan:

Yep, your school was so great that the greatest college coach to come from the state of georgia went to georgia tech and left the state to make his legacy in Arkansas.

Of course, never say this around an Alabama, Miami, or Oklahoma fan.

RedRock

Bragging about having Atlanta?  One of the worst places in the U.S.  Almost as bad as New Orleans. 

kingofdequeen

the best player the hawks have had in the last 20 years, maybe ever????

one guess where he's from...

jgphillips3

Every school has fans that suck including us.  The SEC as a whole has some of the best fans anywhere.  If we go stirring the pot on their board we deserve for them to point out how bad we have sucked.  We can go poke Ole Miss or MSU or Vandy or even South Carolina, but we don't need to poke a program that has been head and shoulders above ours for a decade.  We just need to whip their butts on the field and start our own decade of pride.

porkurina

"We have a good honest man for a coach, you have a money grubbing back stabbing snake oil salesman. "

I believe this is a description of the coach that was fired, not our current coach.

Killean

Quote from: kingofdequeen on September 15, 2009, 07:17:26 pm
the best player the hawks have had in the last 20 years, maybe ever????

one guess where he's from...

You mean Dominique Wilkins?
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

Wayne Watson

Georgia fans will stop by a tailgate and offer to donate for the food and beverage.  85% of Arkansas fans don't.

We don't take donations but at least they ask.

Just sayin'
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Killean on September 15, 2009, 08:02:01 pm
You mean Dominique Wilkins?

well crap...he was out of atl 18 years ago, not 20.

should have done my research.

UrsisHoribilis

I was at the 1969 Sugar Bowl.  Before the game my finance another couple and I ate breakfast at a table  adjacent to some UGA fans, from Waycross, I think.  They were very nice but absolutely condescending before the game.  After the game they vanished.

TNRazorbacker

We won ten games last year, you won 5.

We have won 2 SEC Championships and finished 2nd in the nation in the last 8 years, you have continually sucked and embarrassed the conference when USC slaughtered your ass.

We have the Falcons, Braves, Hawks, Thrashers, the Masters, Nascar, we host Super Bowls, Olympics, All Star games and you have.....well, nothing.

Of course, they are also saying that they suck this year and we amy have a chance to win the game because of that.  They have a storied program, I understand that, but at the end of the day.....they too have only 1 NC.

OK, lets analyze this a bit deeper...

The Hawks... Jeezus, did they keep playing basketball after Dominique Wilkins?
The Thrashers.... WTH is this??
The Braves... Like the Bulldogs just never seem to get it done.
The Masters... "Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass", - Happy Gilmore
Super Bowls... You host em, rarely play in em, never win em
Olympics...  The Chinese did it better.
The Falcons... Biggest headlines in the last 10 years... 1) starting QB is a criminal, 2) head coach bolts for greener pastures. 

RazorWire™

Quote from: wayne1958 on September 15, 2009, 08:09:49 pm
Georgia fans will stop by a tailgate and offer to donate for the food and beverage.  85% of Arkansas fans don't.

We don't take donations but at least they ask.

Just sayin'

We will have a Peanut Butter drive for homecoming again this year