Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 3 Spreads

Started by Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson, September 15, 2009, 09:13:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Think Sir PIGs generally starts this, but sorry man couldn't wait.

I bet Tennessee has never opened a game a 28.5 point underdaog.  Sheesh

I am gonna have to play the Vols I think.
Let's make some waves.

Monk-N-Dunk

I bet the HOGS (-1) big over GA.

Some early thouhghts, but no decisions made yet.

Like MIami -4.5 on Thursday.  Jacori Harris could be a bigtime player.

UCLA -11 at home against Kansas ST.  Not so much because of UCLA beating TN but more because of how awful K st has looked.

Tennessee +28.5 Florida.  Just makes sense to me.

Akron -4 at home against Indiana.  Love the ZIPS

Auburn -6.5 at home/  west virginia.    This could end up being my largest bet of the day.

LSU -26     LA lafayette

Toledo +20  Ohio ST.

Tx Tech +16.5   Texas
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: Monk-N-Dunk on September 15, 2009, 09:41:09 am
I bet the HOGS (-1) big over GA.

Unless I smash in early games I won't be betting the AR/GA game.  I try to stay away from betting with my heart.  Never know though.
Let's make some waves.

Beaverfever

I like that Auburn at home play for less than a touch. 

Hog Milanese

Quote from: hogfanintx on September 15, 2009, 09:43:37 am

UCLA -11 at home against Kansas ST.  Not so much because of UCLA beating TN but more because of how awful K st has looked.

Auburn -6.5 at home/  west virginia.    This could end up being my largest bet of the day.

LSU -26     LA lafayette

Toledo +20  Ohio ST.

Tx Tech +16.5   Texas

WVU isn't that good this year...

The Hogfather

THIS!

The Hogfather

Auburn, Kentucky, Vandy.  Those are my 3.

The Hogfather

Might not take Vandy.  But, the other two I really like, especially Auburn.

hogfan54

I'm on board with Auburn, but I am not sure about Tenn+28.5.  If you make Urban Meyer mad in the offseason he will not take his foot off the pedal the entire game(see Ga. last year). I don't think Tenn has the offense to present any sort of problem, but 28.5 is a lot to give up especially in conference, but I would lay them and take Fla.

The Hogfather

Quote from: hogfan54 on September 15, 2009, 11:17:27 am
I'm on board with Auburn, but I am not sure about Tenn+28.5.  If you make Urban Meyer mad in the offseason he will not take his foot off the pedal the entire game(see Ga. last year). I don't think Tenn has the offense to present any sort of problem, but 28.5 is a lot to give up especially in conference, but I would lay them and take Fla.

I'm staying away.  But, if I had to play it, I'd take the Vols.  That's just too many points, it seems.

jr

LSU -26     LA lafayette

Toledo +20  Ohio ST.

Tx Tech +16.5   Texas
Like everything but I think Texas will win by 28.

The Hogfather

Quote from: jr on September 15, 2009, 11:25:57 am
Like everything but I think Texas will win by 28.

Agree.  TT is not that good this year, in my opinion.  Texas will be up for this game.

GuvHog

It simply amazes me that some people are jumping all over Auburn just because
they hammered 2 of the WORST teams in college football. I'll wait till I see them
play a team that has a defense. It's very likely that Miss. State will go 0-8 in
the SEC this year and may lose a couple of Non-conference games as well.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

The Hogfather

Quote from: GUVHOG on September 15, 2009, 11:50:19 am
they hammered 2 of the WORST teams in college football. I'll wait till I see them
play a team that has a defense. It's very likely that Miss. State will go 0-8 in

WVU might be the 3rd worst...

Quote from: GUVHOG on September 15, 2009, 11:50:19 am

I am all over Auburn because they can always play defense.  When have you seen them put up 50 on anyone.  You can say what you like about MIss ST, but they always play pretty good D as well.  Think they have suprised a few teams the last few years.

As for TN/FL.  Gators may very well steamroll them, but 28 points in any SEC game to me is huge.  Especially one that has been as bitter as this one the last ten years.  I think TN will score some points.
Let's make some waves.

linze82

this doesn't look like  a good week to play to me.
too bad i will anyway
smite me bishes

SPAL

what is up with cuse being 4 point dogs at home to northwestern.?...im likely on that one.

by the way, i dont typically start the weekly thread, just contribute to it...i kept waiting on one of you guys to start it.

The Hogfather

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 15, 2009, 03:16:03 pm
what is up with cuse being 4 point dogs at home to northwestern.?...im likely on that one.

by the way, i dont typically start the weekly thread, just contribute to it...i kept waiting on one of you guys to start it.

I noticed that one too.  Not sure what's up.  I haven't heard of any injuries for the 'Cuse and they are usually pretty salty at home.

MJ2

Quote from: Beaverfever on September 15, 2009, 09:52:15 am
I like that Auburn at home play for less than a touch. 

Auburn by 17.

SPAL

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 15, 2009, 03:28:05 pm
I noticed that one too.  Not sure what's up.  I haven't heard of any injuries for the 'Cuse and they are usually pretty salty at home.

if you have been in these threads this year...u have learned to fade my picks...haha. Ive been brutally awful.

Beaverfever

The Hogfather

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 15, 2009, 03:32:39 pm
if you have been in these threads this year...u have learned to fade my picks...haha. Ive been brutally awful.

I started out 3-1, but have gone about 4-8 since.  Horrible.

I'm going to look into that Cuse game, for sure.

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 15, 2009, 03:16:03 pm

No worries.  Just wanted to get one up and going.
Let's make some waves.

Monk-N-Dunk

Just put my picks in for this week.  So far I am 7-2 for straight picks. 

Straight up -

1.Arkansas (-1) v. Dawgs
2.Cincinnati (+1 1/2) over Oregon St.

Parlay -

1. Syracuse (+3 1/2) v. N. Western
2. Sooners (-17) v. Tulsa
3. Louisville (+14 1/2) v. Kentucky 
4. Duke (+23 1/2) v. Kansas

Hawg-U

BYU as a 7 pt fav. over FSU is as good as a sure thing. I need a game to parlay it w/ though.

bsking

September 15, 2009, 04:41:59 pm #26 Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 04:44:53 pm by bsking
I took Miami -4.5

4 team Parlay:

Auburn -6.5======Auburn should take care of VT at home.  These non-cons are huge during bowl selections.
Texas -17=====TT won last year, texas got screwed by margin of victory.  At home with something to prove.  horns win BIG.
Arkansas PK====Dont like to pick the Hogs, but I really really think we win this game.
UF/UT Over 51.5====Both have scored a ton of points, look for Tenn to score 14-21 points and UF contribute at least 40.

linze82

i think that uf/ut 51.5 over is as sure as it gets
smite me bishes

bsking

Quote from: linze82 on September 15, 2009, 04:48:37 pm
i think that uf/ut 51.5 over is as sure as it gets

Hope so, UF may cover that by themselves.

ChicoHog

Tenn offense not too good vs UCLA.  They might not score more than 10 or 14  vs UF.  I like Auburn also along with NC 6 over East Carolina and Stanford 18 over San Jose st.  Cincy is a good team but traveling to OSU may be too much for them and the Beavers could easily pull the minor upset.  I will lay off that one. 

jcam61

I'm taking UTEP -13 at New Mexico St.   NM St. barely hung with Prairie View A & M and lost to Idaho by 15.

Quote from: ChicoHog on September 15, 2009, 11:10:25 pm
Tenn offense not too good vs UCLA.  They might not score more than 10 or 14  vs UF.  I like Auburn also along with NC 6 over East Carolina and Stanford 18 over San Jose st.  Cincy is a good team but traveling to OSU may be too much for them and the Beavers could easily pull the minor upset.  I will lay off that one. 

No way I am touching North Carolina after watching them against UCONN....They may cover, but I 'm not touching it.
Let's make some waves.

want2be

Quote from: bsking on September 15, 2009, 04:41:59 pm
I took Miami -4.5

4 team Parlay:

Auburn -6.5======Auburn should take care of VT at home.  These non-cons are huge during bowl selections.
Texas -17=====TT won last year, texas got screwed by margin of victory.  At home with something to prove.  horns win BIG.
Arkansas PK====Dont like to pick the Hogs, but I really really think we win this game.
UF/UT Over 51.5====Both have scored a ton of points, look for Tenn to score 14-21 points and UF contribute at least 40.

I like your , Auburn & UF-UT on Fla-Tn

Does anyone know the over-under on the Hogs&Dogs ?

bsking

Quote from: want2be on September 16, 2009, 12:29:39 pm

I like your , Auburn & UF-UT on Fla-Tn

Does anyone know the over-under on the Hogs&Dogs ?

Arkansas at -1.5 right now.

jkstock04

Quote from: hogfanintx on September 15, 2009, 09:13:13 am
Think Sir PIGs generally starts this, but sorry man couldn't wait.

I bet Tennessee has never opened a game a 28.5 point underdaog.  Sheesh

I am gonna have to play the Vols I think.
Last night it was -29.5 on the site I use.  I agree with u.  I know it's Florida they're playing...and I know it's at the Swamp...but still really???  This ain't Tenn. State or Tenn. Martin or whoever I don't think Florida beats them 60-10.

I say the Vol's keep this thing within 4 td's.  I threw a benjamin franklin on the +29.5.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

want2be

Quote from: bsking on September 16, 2009, 12:51:08 pm
Arkansas at -1.5 right now.

I knew the point spread.....interested in the over-under as this could be a higher scoring game than most are predicting....I would think Vegas would set it about 40-45 pts.

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 16, 2009, 12:59:17 pm
Last night it was -29.5 on the site I use.  I agree with u.  I know it's Florida they're playing...and I know it's at the Swamp...but still really???  This ain't Tenn. State or Tenn. Martin or whoever I don't think Florida beats them 60-10.

I say the Vol's keep this thing within 4 td's.  I threw a benjamin franklin on the +29.5.

It's simply too many points....Kiffin or no Kiffin.  tempers flaring and feelings hurt or not.  TN still has athletes and a lot of pride and tradition.  I am thinking this will possibly be a 4 unit play for me.
Let's make some waves.

3kgthog

UF only has to beat them, say, 39-10 if you get the right spread. That is easily possible since UT couldn't score on UCLA. Take the Gators to pull away in the 2nd half.

huggerfrommanila

who else likes utah state +19.5 over the aggies?
"Welcome Razorback fans to another exciting day of SEC football, featuring Houston Nutt's Arkansas Razorbacks!"
If I had the wings of a sparrow, If I had the arse of a crow,I'd fly over Darrell K. Royal Stadium tomorrow, And **** on the bastards below.
Golf is like an 18-year-old girl with big boobs.  You know it's wrong but you can't keep away from her.  ~Val Doonican
Adding wrinkles:  good idea for football coaches, bad idea for the ladies.  ~my buddy Rick
James: What an absolutely beautiful day. Warm Sun, beautiful women...
Carl: And the air... is just right... for drinking.  ~Men at Work, 1990
Hank, dinner's almost ready.  I'm stirring in the cheese powder. ~Mrs. Peggy Hill

bsking

Quote from: want2be on September 16, 2009, 01:01:13 pm

I knew the point spread.....interested in the over-under as this could be a higher scoring game than most are predicting....I would think Vegas would set it about 40-45 pts.

Reading isn't my strong point.  Haha.  o/u Hogs/Dogs is 54

hogfan7583

THROW YOUR WHOLE YEARS BANK ROLL ON CINCI BEARCATS IT'S THE LOCK OF THE YEAR THUS FAR

Quote from: hogfan7583 on September 16, 2009, 11:09:37 pm
THROW YOUR WHOLE YEARS BANK ROLL ON CINCI BEARCATS IT'S THE LOCK OF THE YEAR THUS FAR

I like Cincy in that game, but whole bankroll is crazy talk win or lose.   Auburn still my 5 star pick of the week
Let's make some waves.

Well week 3 officially starts tonight.  Good luck and hope everyone has a great week.  Tonight I am an early lean toward miami minus the points.  Everyone seems to be on Georgia Tech in this one, but I'm not sure. 

Gonna do a bit of reading and make a few phone calls and will post who I decide on before gametime.

Wich way is everyone here leaning?
Let's make some waves.

tbailey

I took Miami and the points

The Hogfather

Quote from: tbailey on September 17, 2009, 11:48:23 am
I took Miami and the points

You took Miami and laid the points?

The Hogfather

I would lean towards G Tech as of now, but I haven't researched it enough.  That will probably be the way I go.

Let's make some waves.

Well I am in officially in.  I maybe be completely off but here goes.

1 unit on Miami -5

1 unit under 54
Let's make some waves.

huggerfrommanila

i got my weekend beer money on hte jackets straight up.  feast or famine.
"Welcome Razorback fans to another exciting day of SEC football, featuring Houston Nutt's Arkansas Razorbacks!"
If I had the wings of a sparrow, If I had the arse of a crow,I'd fly over Darrell K. Royal Stadium tomorrow, And **** on the bastards below.
Golf is like an 18-year-old girl with big boobs.  You know it's wrong but you can't keep away from her.  ~Val Doonican
Adding wrinkles:  good idea for football coaches, bad idea for the ladies.  ~my buddy Rick
James: What an absolutely beautiful day. Warm Sun, beautiful women...
Carl: And the air... is just right... for drinking.  ~Men at Work, 1990
Hank, dinner's almost ready.  I'm stirring in the cheese powder. ~Mrs. Peggy Hill

BigSexyHog

Just made a post on the GT/Miami game in general sports.... I took the canes and laid the points...
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room