Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hardy doubtful; Nutt whines to SEC

Started by HawgBallLvr, September 15, 2009, 07:26:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleJ

Quote from: GUVHOG on September 15, 2009, 12:20:28 pm
You've got to be kidding me! You're using an opinionated column written by a lawyer
as your documented proof???? Please!!

Trainers don't make draft decisions, NFL scouts, HCs, and Team owners do. It's their opinions
that matter and no one else.

Guv, did you read that?  It's not an opinionated column.  It's a piece written by a lawyer with quotes from people who train big time players on getting ready for the draft.  Those trainers worked for NFL teams, and know a little bit about what it takes to get to the League. 

It is not an opinion that the head trainer was mad at Nutt for calling Oher constantly, telling him to go back to school because he might not get drafted.  That happened.  Read it before you spout off, brotha.

Mick Hogger

Call Peyton Hillis if you need some verification about Nutt from former players. They don't all love him.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

SRFL

Am I the only person who knows the block was legal? 

Navy did this blocking scheme the entire game versus OSU and no one said a word.

Dangerous block?  Yes.  Dirty block?  Nope.

DoubleJ

Quote from: rebelbruiser on September 15, 2009, 03:00:40 pm
About Nutt, you may know more at times.  About Oher and this particular situation, I promise he doesn't know more about it than I do.

I don't know, man.  Everything I have ever read about him leaving early said he was a first round pick.

El Puerco

Why is he whining?  He's been looking for a Marcus Monk type excuse to have at the ready for when he starts dropping games he should win.

Mardi Hog Gras

He also said the team is pretty healthy and recovered from flu. I'm telling you if they weren't playing a directional school this week and a SEC team he would have said the opposite to setup an excuse as usual.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

The wheels on the bus are start'na come off, start'na come off, start'na come off.
O'h the wheels on the bus are start'na come off, down in Nutty town...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

catfish07

Quote from: SRFL on September 15, 2009, 03:30:18 pm
Am I the only person who knows the block was legal? 

Navy did this blocking scheme the entire game versus OSU and no one said a word.

Dangerous block?  Yes.  Dirty block?  Nope.

The block is illegal. You cant engage high then hit low. You can do them at the same time but not high then low.
"If I owned both Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell."

-General Philip Sheridan

Kilgor

Quote from: Shining Bacon on September 15, 2009, 01:37:31 pm
This is an honest question from a young fan.  If Nutt is as self-centered as so many on this board claim, then why does it seem that all of his current and past players like/love and appreciate him so much.  I personally have never heard any stories of past Arkansas or Ole Miss players complaining about Nutt's refusal to acknowledge injuries and place the players in jeopardy for personal glory.

I believe y'all, but I'd like to hear some instances/examples of Nutt putting personal success ahead of the well-being of his players, and other instances/examples of either Ole Miss or Arkansas players/past-players disliking Coach Nutt or placing them at unnecessary risk of injury/further injury.

Too many to name.  You'll have to take the word of Hog fans that have been around the last dozen years.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

SRFL

Quote from: catfish07 on September 15, 2009, 04:04:39 pm
The block is illegal. You cant engage high then hit low. You can do them at the same time but not high then low.

You need to watch it again.  And just how "low" do you call low?

The real Hogules

There is a difference in a dirty play and a play that should result in a penalty.

And considering that no one on this or any other board knows "for sure" what Duke Calhoun's intentions were when he attempted to make the block, I hesitate to call it a dirty play.

Illegal? Most definitely, but not necessarily intentional.

If the SEC officials had made the correct call and flagged Calhoun/Memphis for a cut block, I highly doubt that they would have removed Calhoun from the game.

Hopefully Old Myth will be able to survive SE Louisiana and that's after a bye week, without the services of Greg Hardy.

If Hardy's still unable to play after SE Louisiana then Nutt can start the shoulda-woulda-coulda talk.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Grunt

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 15, 2009, 08:18:27 am
It's very unfortunate for Hardy.  He's an excellent player.  It does, however, allow nutty to continue lowering expectations.

i was more offended by Broyles suggesting we were perennial 8-game-best-outcome team. Anyone doesn't believe in my hogs is a heretic!
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Redman

ASK PEYTON HILLIS NUTT CALLED NFL TEAMS SAID HE WAS A CANCER IN LOCKER ROOM COST HIM A HIGHER DRAFT SPOT ALL THE PLAYERS HE PLAYED WITH RESPECT HIS WORK ETHIC AND LEADERSHIP HE SPOKE OUT WHEN OTHERS HID

eminem

Quote from: The real Hogules on September 15, 2009, 04:39:31 pm
There is a difference in a dirty play and a play that should result in a penalty.

And considering that no one on this or any other board knows "for sure" what Duke Calhoun's intentions were when he attempted to make the block, I hesitate to call it a dirty play.

Illegal? Most definitely, but not necessarily intentional.

If the SEC officials had made the correct call and flagged Calhoun/Memphis for a cut block, I highly doubt that they would have removed Calhoun from the game.

Hopefully Old Myth will be able to survive SE Louisiana and that's after a bye week, without the services of Greg Hardy.

If Hardy's still unable to play after SE Louisiana then Nutt can start the shoulda-woulda-coulda talk.

Was this the block when Hardy went down in the first half?  I watched it a couple of times...I didn't think it was dirty at all...Unfortunate yes...but not dirty

Michael Porkleone

September 15, 2009, 05:07:01 pm #64 Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 05:08:52 pm by Michael Porkleone
Quote from: eminem on September 15, 2009, 05:00:03 pm
Was this the block when Hardy went down in the first half?  I watched it a couple of times...I didn't think it was dirty at all...Unfortunate yes...but not dirty

It was a chop block on the backside of a play.

It was dirty and illegal. 

Calhoun is more of a thug than Nutt!
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

eminem

Quote from: Michael Porkleone on September 15, 2009, 05:07:01 pm
It was a cut block on the backside of a play.

Maybe I missed that one...I saw a block on Hardy earlier in the game but didn't see anything dirty about it...I'll watch again

Hollywood_HOGan45

This is an honest question from a young fan.  If Nutt is as self-centered as so many on this board claim, then why does it seem that all of his current and past players like/love and appreciate him so much.  I personally have never heard any stories of past Arkansas or Ole Miss players complaining about Nutt's refusal to acknowledge injuries and place the players in jeopardy for personal glory.

I believe y'all, but I'd like to hear some instances/examples of Nutt putting personal success ahead of the well-being of his players, and other instances/examples of either Ole Miss or Arkansas players/past-players disliking Coach Nutt or placing them at unnecessary risk of injury/further injury.

ask damian williams if he loves the nutt

Ugly Uncle

Just to name of few:  Peyton Hillis.  Seriously hurt his Jr. year.  HdN called him names (not "brother" or any other Christian name, but ones...that's right, more than one...that would make any person with class blush) when he would come of the field with that injury.  He was getting constant treatment on his thigh and kept pushing himself to try to get back.

Marcus Monk- Most know his story.

I can't think of the players name but his Grandfather passed away.  HdN got mad at him privately and even stated publicly that he was displeased because the players family wouldn't change the day of the funeral.

Damian Williams had a separated shoulder...HdN did the same to him that he did to PH.

Ben Cleveland:  He tried to do the same to him, but Ben's father got the country's leading expert to look at him in Houston TX and told him to not under any circumstances play til this was fully healed.  HdN (again) public made comments about Ben Cleveland..."I don't know what's wrong with him.  He should have been back right now.  I guess he doesn't feel like he can play through the pain."

There was a huge investigation about the amount of pain pills given to HdN's players.  In fairness, Dean Webber was involved with this before and during HdN's time here.

There were many more before the ones I just mentioned.  However, many players won't say bad things about their coach after they leave.  There are a few reasons for this.  One of the largest is that the the network that takes care of players after their playing days are done still like HdN because they could control him.  It causes problems in finding the fat cat jobs that come along after graduation.
Retired Radio Host

SRFL

Quote from: Michael Porkleone on September 15, 2009, 05:07:01 pm
It was a chop block on the backside of a play.

No it wasn't. 

eminem

September 15, 2009, 05:27:58 pm #69 Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 05:38:54 pm by eminem
I just went and watched again and Calhoun was the first to make a block on Hardy...He hit him high on the thighs and was stretched out...The guard then pulled and hit Hardy as Calhoun was falling down his leg...

Maybe they teach this...But this is not an AU or Denver chop block...IMHO

EDIT: Went and watched again and it was the T not the guard...He checked the DT first and was covered up then went towards Hardy...Calhoun had already fell down below his knees

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: SRFL on September 15, 2009, 05:24:34 pm
No it wasn't. 

It wasn't what?

A chop block?  Hardy was engaged and Calhoun rolled on his leg.

Are you saying that chop blocks aren't illegal?
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

SRFL

dude, this is a chop block

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfkPSn_zTZ8

What you saw on Saturday was a chip to the freaking hip (and not from the backside)

Rebuttal? 

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: SRFL on September 15, 2009, 05:31:20 pm
dude, this is a chop block

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfkPSn_zTZ8

What you saw on Saturday was a chip to the freaking hip (and not from the backside)

Rebuttal? 

It was a run to the left, Calhoun motioned right and rolled into Hardy's leg while he is being blocked high - on the backside of the play.

10:13 in the Ole Miss/Memphis video. 

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: Michael Porkleone on September 15, 2009, 05:35:42 pm
It was a run to the left, Calhoun motioned right and rolled into Hardy's leg while he is being blocked high - on the backside of the play.

Also, after video review the SEC agrees with me that a penalty should have been called...but what do they know, right?

eminem

You
Quote from: Michael Porkleone on September 15, 2009, 05:35:42 pm

Actually...Calhoun was the first to engage...He hit him in the thigh...It's clear as day...

I think you and the refs need to look again

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: eminem on September 15, 2009, 05:41:13 pm
You
Actually...Calhoun was the first to engage...He hit him in the thigh...It's clear as day...

I think you and the refs need to look again

1.  The refs didn't call it.
2.  The SEC agrees with me.

"The SEC agreed a penalty should have been called but took no further actions."

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-t25-mississippi-hardyhurt&prov=ap&type=lgns

Michael Porkleone

Also, for what it's worth - I was pulling for Memphis to destroy ole miss.

El Puerco

Oddly enough, "Duke Calhoun" is one of my pseudonyms.

kingofdequeen

hog_fan

Peyton Hillis is one example. He dogged him to NFL scouts causing him to be drafted late. Yes, some like him because he is a players coach and wants to be their friend. He also tried to force Ben C into play his second year even though he wasn't healthy. Do you really expect players to just come out and talk about this. Michael Coe is another example. Monk is another example. He should have told him to redshirt. He kept bugging him and talked him into returning his Senior Season. That's just a couple examples, but players aren't just going to tell their stories in the open.

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: kingofdequeen on September 15, 2009, 05:48:59 pm
auburn is dirty.

Yes they were - haven't watched them this year though...are they still a knees worst enemy?

SRFL

Quote from: Michael Porkleone on September 15, 2009, 05:43:31 pm
1.  The refs didn't call it.
2.  The SEC agrees with me.

"The SEC agreed a penalty should have been called but took no further actions."

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-t25-mississippi-hardyhurt&prov=ap&type=lgns

That's your proof?  This is why you say it was a chop block?

We'll just leave this one alone.  Have a good one.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: rebelbruiser on September 15, 2009, 03:00:40 pm
About Nutt, you may know more at times.  About Oher and this particular situation, I promise he doesn't know more about it than I do.
Are you Sean Tuohy? Because I know Sean and his wife fairly well. And unless you know them fairly well too, you don't know what I know.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

RedRock

NCAA should penalize Ole Miss for hiring such an idiot

Nutt may play Hardy this coming game even though it likely would be in the best interest of the player to sit the game out.  Nutt did that to D-mac in 08.  Nutt playing D-mac in a one back offense with no prayer of passing allowed the entire defense to dog pile D-mac.  D-mac got his ribs brusied, cracked, spread, etc.  Of course D-mac wanted to play and Nutt leaned on that instead of doing the right thing and holding him out of the gimme games at least.  If OM needs Hardy to play to win this coming game, then they need to lose.  Hardy should sit and rest his foot and ankle if its brusied up badly.

Broomehog38

I have heard the complaints about what Nutt said but what do you think he should have said. Is Ole Miss that depth deprived that they cant win without 1 player if so than they will have some wheels come off. Nutt made us 1 dimensional in his inability to recruit a wr and his overall depth recruiting. He couldnt recruit for depth. Petrino has achieved depth at Arkansas in 1 and half seasons of recruiting. Good luck ole miss and i hope your player becomes healthy.
Keep it real because no one likes a fake.

Porkette

Quote from: rebelfan1010 on September 15, 2009, 08:11:20 am
It's my wish that no player gets sick or injured. 

Almost all decent Razorback fans share this sentiment. That's why, like pretty much all fan bases, we clap for any injured players on our field. I never wish illness or injury on anyone.

As far as Nutt's players loving him, that's true of a lot of them (definitely not all) but he's a rah-rah coach who's relatively easy on players and gives tons of praise constantly. As far as them having respect for him and him having total control of his team, that always appeared to be a different matter.
GO HOGS GO!

razorbrass

Quote from: BoaredatWork on September 15, 2009, 09:23:11 am
I'm not a Nutt fan, but it was a dirty block.  Even the SEC agreed "SEC agreed a penalty should have been called but took no further actions."
I think its funny Nutt wants the SEC office to so something - this is the same SEC he basically thumbed his nose at when he put his brother in the press box here and on the sideline at Ole Mrs.  What a hypocrite.
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

Justifiable Hogicide

It's just Nutt being Nutt.
Already putting excuses out there just in case someone might criticize his (#5 -what a hoot!) team's upcoming showing against mighty SE Louisiana.

DEVIL DOG HOG

When Georgia played at Oklahoma State, SEC referees called the game. Maybe SEC referees called the Memphis game.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

Albert Einswine

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 15, 2009, 06:56:58 pm
Are you Sean Tuohy? Because I know Sean and his wife fairly well. And unless you know them fairly well too, you don't know what I know.

There's a potential burn!  LOL!   
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on September 15, 2009, 10:42:24 pm
Maybe SEC referees called the Memphis game.
Probably did.
The way Paul Petrisko (SEC official) saved Nutt in Fayetteville last year with the phantom OPI "call", Nutt should be the last person complaining about their "work".

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on September 16, 2009, 12:06:23 am
Probably did.
The way Paul Petrisko (SEC official) saved Nutt in Fayetteville last year with the phantom OPI "call", Nutt should be the last person complaining about their "work".

That's a BIG 10-4...

Still makes me sick.  :puke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Agz71kE8IM4
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.