Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hardy doubtful; Nutt whines to SEC

Started by HawgBallLvr, September 15, 2009, 07:26:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgBallLvr

2010 Liberty Bowl Champions!!

TheGunther

shoulda-coulda-woulda, but when you lose a Greg Hardy its hard to come back from that.
everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, no one wanna lift no heavy ass weight!

Michael Porkleone

Normally I would agree with you guys but that was a dirty block.  But I expect these things from a player at Memphis State. 
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

DoubleJ

Hardy should have gone pro last year.  It's a shame that Nutt cares more about winning games than his player's futures.

HawgBallLvr

It might have been a dirty block, but why whine to the SEC about it? I think he is setting up an excuse when they start heading down hill.
2010 Liberty Bowl Champions!!

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: HawgBallLvr on September 15, 2009, 07:46:20 am
It might have been a dirty block, but why whine to the SEC about it? I think he is setting up an excuse when they start heading down hill.

It's in our interests so the same thing doesn't happen to Malcolm Shepherd or Tank Wright. 
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

RazorBassin

Was a dirty block for sure.  Hate it for the kid.  I want to beat them with their best.  Will he be back in time for Fayetteville.

rebelbruiser

Quote from: DoubleJ on September 15, 2009, 07:45:49 am
Hardy should have gone pro last year.  It's a shame that Nutt cares more about winning games than his player's futures.

You have no clue what you're talking about.  Hardy broke his foot early last season.  After recovering, the screw in his foot came loose during the season.  After the season, they checked it again, and they determined he needed another surgery to repair the broken foot.

He had 3 choices: 1) go pro and try to go through the combines with a broken foot that would've hampered his times and measurables which would've hurt his draft status, 2) have surgery and go pro but not be able to work out for any team which would've hurt his draft status, or 3) have surgery, fully recover, and come back for his senior year to try to prove that he was healthy and could play at a high level.

It's very similar to the situation Patrick Willis was in after his junior year.  He too had a foot problem, and he chose to come back to play a healthy senior year.  After his junior year, like Hardy he was projected as a mid-second rounder, possibly even a third rounder.  He came back and was the 11th pick overall.  Hardy, in the same situation, being projected as a mid-second rounder, possibly a third rounder, chose to come back as well.  If Hardy can get healthy and play the rest of the season healthy at his highest level, he'll be a first rounder.

spudhog

Not sure what the SEC is going to do since Memphis is in con USA. But, if it was a dirty block, then the player should be punished somehow.

Hog Milanese

Yep.

rebelfan1010

I didn't read that he whined to the SEC.  It just stated that he said it should have been a penalty.  The SEC reviews all games.   

It's my wish that no player gets sick or injured.  By some of the comment on this board about our flu and injuries, you should hope carma doesn't come around.

huggerfrommanila

if some 3rd rate team injures the hammer or dj on a dirty block do you want coach petrino to just sit there and take it like a cuckold.  no thanks.
"Welcome Razorback fans to another exciting day of SEC football, featuring Houston Nutt's Arkansas Razorbacks!"
If I had the wings of a sparrow, If I had the arse of a crow,I'd fly over Darrell K. Royal Stadium tomorrow, And **** on the bastards below.
Golf is like an 18-year-old girl with big boobs.  You know it's wrong but you can't keep away from her.  ~Val Doonican
Adding wrinkles:  good idea for football coaches, bad idea for the ladies.  ~my buddy Rick
James: What an absolutely beautiful day. Warm Sun, beautiful women...
Carl: And the air... is just right... for drinking.  ~Men at Work, 1990
Hank, dinner's almost ready.  I'm stirring in the cheese powder. ~Mrs. Peggy Hill

Hog Milanese

Quote from: rebelfan1010 on September 15, 2009, 08:11:20 am
I didn't read that he whined to the SEC.  It just stated that he said it should have been a penalty.  The SEC reviews all games.   

It's my wish that no player gets sick or injured.  By some of the comment on this board about our flu and injuries, you should hope carma doesn't come around.

Or "Karma." Good thing it doesn't exist, anyway.  :razorback:

Tortfeasor

Quote from: jj1121 on September 15, 2009, 07:52:38 am
Was a dirty block for sure.  Hate it for the kid.  I want to beat them with their best.  Will he be back in time for Fayetteville.

He won't be there the next time they play in Fayetteville.  Hope he's back for the game in Oxford though. :)

tennhogfan

Quote from: jj1121 on September 15, 2009, 07:52:38 am

Game's in Oxford....

Bubba's Bruisers

It's very unfortunate for Hardy.  He's an excellent player.  It does, however, allow nutty to continue lowering expectations.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hog Milanese

DoubleJ

Quote from: rebelbruiser on September 15, 2009, 07:54:24 am
You have no clue what you're talking about.  Hardy broke his foot early last season.  After recovering, the screw in his foot came loose during the season.  After the season, they checked it again, and they determined he needed another surgery to repair the broken foot.

He had 3 choices: 1) go pro and try to go through the combines with a broken foot that would've hampered his times and measurables which would've hurt his draft status, 2) have surgery and go pro but not be able to work out for any team which would've hurt his draft status, or 3) have surgery, fully recover, and come back for his senior year to try to prove that he was healthy and could play at a high level.

It's very similar to the situation Patrick Willis was in after his junior year.  He too had a foot problem, and he chose to come back to play a healthy senior year.  After his junior year, like Hardy he was projected as a mid-second rounder, possibly even a third rounder.  He came back and was the 11th pick overall.  Hardy, in the same situation, being projected as a mid-second rounder, possibly a third rounder, chose to come back as well.  If Hardy can get healthy and play the rest of the season healthy at his highest level, he'll be a first rounder.

A lot of draft gurus had Hardy going in the first round last year.  And what about Oher.  He most definitely did not benefit from coming back a year, but Nutt kept telling him that he was going to be a late round draft pick.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: rebelfan1010 on September 15, 2009, 08:11:20 am
you should hope carma doesn't come around.

Oh, we've had our karma buddy.  You've got him now.  LOL!  The joke is on you.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Coach Obvious

It was a dirty block. That sort of high-low attack with one guy hitting the D lineman in the knees while he's tied up battling another man up high is really dangerous. It's like one guy holding you so another can break your kneecaps.

I don't like Nutt, but I don't mind him calling it to the SEC's attention. That way the ref's will pay more attention to those sorts of blocks in the future, and guys like M. Sheppard will be kept safer.

Hope Hardy recovers for the game in Oxford, we want to stomp a mudhole in Ole Miss on their own turf, with their best players. Anything less will not bring satisfaction.

Yo Yo Ma

I saying "Memphis State" instead of just "Memphis" supposed to go for a derogatory comment around here?

rebelbruiser

Quote from: DoubleJ on September 15, 2009, 08:21:12 am
A lot of draft gurus had Hardy going in the first round last year.  And what about Oher.  He most definitely did not benefit from coming back a year, but Nutt kept telling him that he was going to be a late round draft pick.

Oher was a mid-second rounder after his junior year at best.  He was ranked as about the 5th or 6th tackle in the draft after his junior year.  He came back and was drafted in the late first round.

I'd say he definitely benefited from coming back.  Oher made himself a good bit of money by coming back, so you're wrong on that front.

When you're in a situation like Hardy, or like Patrick Willis was after his junior year, where you're injured going into the combines, it is almost always to your benefit to come back.

Hardy was listed on some boards as a first rounder after last season.  However, there were questions about his injuries and his work ethic that had many projecting him as a second rounder at best.  The only way to answer those questions is to come back, and if he stays healthy and focused this year, he'll be a first rounder.

linze82

Quote from: rebelbruiser on September 15, 2009, 07:54:24 am

4) get hurt your senior year, have to sit out most of the year and completely destroy your draft stock. and don't think your coach won't put the kid in the game at about 75 percent and risk him getting completely wiped out.
smite me bishes

hogansas

September 15, 2009, 08:33:12 am #23 Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 09:30:18 am by hogansas
I don't care who it is, dirty is dirty.  Don't let your dislike for Nutt make you forget that Ole Miss players are still people with their futures on the line.  You don't have to like the school or the coach, but don't be happy about people getting injured.  That's just not right.
"You can't trust every quote you read on the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln.

DeltaBoy

I feel for the player but not NUTTSACK!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hog Milanese

Quote from: hogansas on September 15, 2009, 08:33:12 am
I don't care who it is, dirty is dirty.  Don't let your dislike for Nutt make you forget that Ole Miss players are still people with their futures on the line.  You don't have like the school or the coach, but don't be happy about people getting injured.  That's just not right.

Personally, I feel sorry for any player under Nutt. Simply put: He cares more about himself than the kids. Period. That's the biggest risk right there.  :(

DoubleJ

Quote from: rebelbruiser on September 15, 2009, 08:29:56 am
Oher was a mid-second rounder after his junior year at best.  He was ranked as about the 5th or 6th tackle in the draft after his junior year.  He came back and was drafted in the late first round.

I'd say he definitely benefited from coming back.  Oher made himself a good bit of money by coming back, so you're wrong on that front.

When you're in a situation like Hardy, or like Patrick Willis was after his junior year, where you're injured going into the combines, it is almost always to your benefit to come back.

Hardy was listed on some boards as a first rounder after last season.  However, there were questions about his injuries and his work ethic that had many projecting him as a second rounder at best.  The only way to answer those questions is to come back, and if he stays healthy and focused this year, he'll be a first rounder.

You're wrong.  Oher trained with the same guys that Marcus Monk, Peyton Hillis, and others were training with for the combine after his Junior year.  There is a story about what happened because a writer trained with them to write about what it is like to prepare for the combine.  All of the trainers said that he was definitely an upper first round pick, but his coach kept calling and scared him into coming back a year.

rebelbruiser

Quote from: DoubleJ on September 15, 2009, 08:45:51 am
You're wrong.  Oher trained with the same guys that Marcus Monk, Peyton Hillis, and others were training with for the combine after his Junior year.  There is a story about what happened because a writer trained with them to write about what it is like to prepare for the combine.  All of the trainers said that he was definitely an upper first round pick, but his coach kept calling and scared him into coming back a year.

Trust me, you don't have as good of sources on this as I do.  And you're wrong.  There were at least 4 tackles rated ahead of him.  He originally declared, but then he changed his mind because he didn't feel like he was going to be drafted that high.

In hindsight, with the number of tackles taken in the first round in 2008, he probably would've been a late first rounder then as well, but he definitely didn't hurt his draft stock by coming back.

rebelbruiser

Quote from: linze82 on September 15, 2009, 08:32:33 am
4) get hurt your senior year, have to sit out most of the year and completely destroy your draft stock. and don't think your coach won't put the kid in the game at about 75 percent and risk him getting completely wiped out.

He was hurt last year.  Entering the draft hurt this year would be no different than entering the draft hurt last year.  His draft stock last year was destroyed because he had a broken foot and questions about his work ethic.

He has the talent of a first rounder, and he wasn't going to be a first rounder last year.  In that case, you come back, especially if you can take out an insurance policy, which most athletes do.  See again my Patrick Willis example.

ThatGUY

Maybe all coaches should whine when their starters get hurt...... its part of the game.....

NorthshoreBoar

I'm not a Nutt fan, but it was a dirty block.  Even the SEC agreed "SEC agreed a penalty should have been called but took no further actions."
A good man can live a lie for only so long before he becomes just a man. - Jason Whitlock

Pigdiana Jones

I can't stand Nutt, but he was right in this instance. As for the player, they said it is still swollen and discolored and that he continues to play with a broken foot. You know, he should get that surgery fixed once and for all, sit out, let it heal completely then come back and play. His health is more important than playing a football game.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

RazorBassin

Quote from: tennhogfan on September 15, 2009, 08:17:43 am
Game's in Oxford....

Yeah, knew that...thanks for catching it.  Was in meeting and posting.  Thats what I get, lol.

Kilgor

Blah, Blah, Blah.

The fact is Nutt is a self centered jerk and I want to stomp a mudhole in his ass every time we play him.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Albert Einswine

I can't stand Nutt, but it was a dirty block.  Good luck getting the SEC office to reprimand an officiating crew.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Kilgor on September 15, 2009, 09:37:48 am
Blah, Blah, Blah.

The fact is Nutt is a self centered jerk and I want to stomp a mudhole in his ass every time we play him.

Co-sign!

DoubleJ

Quote from: rebelbruiser on September 15, 2009, 09:06:40 am
Trust me, you don't have as good of sources on this as I do.  And you're wrong.  There were at least 4 tackles rated ahead of him.  He originally declared, but then he changed his mind because he didn't feel like he was going to be drafted that high.

In hindsight, with the number of tackles taken in the first round in 2008, he probably would've been a late first rounder then as well, but he definitely didn't hurt his draft stock by coming back.

Dude, it's documented.  Here's a link to the story.  It's a long read (10 parts), but worth it if you ask me.  Pretty interesting stuff.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/04/14/rough-draft-breaking-6-0-in-the-40/

Sivad

One thing for certain:
In the coming days Nutt's whining will turn into an "EXCUSE" for his team's poor performance.

Cementhog

"very Doubtful"-translation- Greg won't start but he will come in on the first series. I need to build some drama since I didn't get as much press as I thought I would, with the flu thing. The Rebel fans skipped a "heartbeat" when we almost had our 1st rounder out for the season. This little bit of drama should get everyone back on the same "beat"..........brotha "I called that cheap block by the way"
Taken from the Nutt Dickshunairy
Little Lebowski Urban Achiever Class of 86

idochog

Here is your typical nutt, just fill in the blank

Nutt whines about _____________________
I love Jesus!

go hogues

The worst thing about all of this is now Nutt has all his excuses brewing for their impending downer of a season. 
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Gonzo

Quote from: DoubleJ on September 15, 2009, 09:38:53 am
Dude, it's documented.  Here's a link to the story.  It's a long read (10 parts), but worth it if you ask me.  Pretty interesting stuff.

C'mon Double, Rebel just told you your sources aren't as good as his, duh. He made it quite clear he knows way more about pretty much everything than we do, especially when it comes to saintly NumbNutt, despite our close observations of NumbNutt for over a decade compared to his 18 months or so. What are you thinking?

Go Hogs! Beat UGa!

GuvHog

Quote from: DoubleJ on September 15, 2009, 09:38:53 am

You've got to be kidding me! You're using an opinionated column written by a lawyer
as your documented proof???? Please!!

Quote from: DoubleJ on September 15, 2009, 08:45:51 am

Trainers don't make draft decisions, NFL scouts, HCs, and Team owners do. It's their opinions
that matter and no one else.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Sivad

Quote from: rebelbruiser on September 15, 2009, 09:06:40 am

Trust me, you don't have as good of sources on this as I do.  And you're wrong. 

Not about Nutt we're not.
TEN YEARS is a pretty good indicator.

HognotinMemphis

When you are a Nutt team, you are razor thin in depth. This Ole Miss team is no exception. Very expected that Nutt would holler long and loud to be heard that one of his better players is injured. Translation: something bad is going to happen to my team in the coming games and when it does, remember that I said this was going to happen due to something out of my control...it's not my fault.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

losthawg68

Quote from: Shining Bacon on September 15, 2009, 01:37:31 pm
This is an honest question from a young fan.  If Nutt is as self-centered as so many on this board claim, then why does it seem that all of his current and past players like/love and appreciate him so much.  I personally have never heard any stories of past Arkansas or Ole Miss players complaining about Nutt's refusal to acknowledge injuries and place the players in jeopardy for personal glory.

I believe y'all, but I'd like to hear some instances/examples of Nutt putting personal success ahead of the well-being of his players, and other instances/examples of either Ole Miss or Arkansas players/past-players disliking Coach Nutt or placing them at unnecessary risk of injury/further injury.

oh no, no no no, no no!
Re:  I just came into some money...
Quote from: cosmodrum on April 01, 2011, 01:34:40 pm
Why money...didn't have a sock or tissue handy?

Quote from: Slacker on August 14, 2012, 10:57:10 pm
God Damn you Lost....

sooiebaby

Can't wait for the rest of the season to unfold! If anyone has bad karma coming their way, it's numbnutts .. Go hogs!
The problem with todays society is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

Prosciutto

Letting his fullback play with a broken vertabrae could be one.

Letting Monk play with an injury, costing him his redshirt, may be another.

hogsanity

If someone does a block like this to one of the Hog linemen, I sure hope BP "whines" to the SEC about it.  Blocks like this are illegal for a reason, they are dangerous to the knees nd ankles of the player being blocked.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

rebelbruiser

Quote from: Gonzo on September 15, 2009, 12:02:09 pm

C'mon Double, Rebel just told you your sources aren't as good as his, duh. He made it quite clear he knows way more about pretty much everything than we do, especially when it comes to saintly NumbNutt, despite our close observations of NumbNutt for over a decade compared to his 18 months or so. What are you thinking?

Go Hogs! Beat UGa!

About Nutt, you may know more at times.  About Oher and this particular situation, I promise he doesn't know more about it than I do.