Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poor Fan Sportsmanship

Started by bigdaddyhawg, September 15, 2009, 12:40:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdaddyhawg

Shame on the Vol fans for booing Crompton in the THIRD QUARTER Saturday.  The kid may have been screwing up, but he was giving it his best, and apparently Kiffin believes he's the best man for the job. 

Would it be asking too much for your Vol faithful to be just a little supportive, a little classy, and stick with the guy for at least one bad game?  (And don't bring up last year.  Remember, that was all Phat Phil's fault!)

That was the worst show of sportsmanship I've seen against a home team's own players, maybe ever.  He may suck, but he didn't deserve to be booed at that point in the game and in the season.  He was the same kid who they were cheering wildly in the first half, and also the same kid they cheered wildly for again during that last drive.

If I was recruiting a QB, or anyone else for that matter, but especially a QB, I'd show them the video of your fans booing their own QB in their own freaking stadium in the third quarter of a tight game -- in the SECOND GAME OF THE YEAR!!  I hope UT NEVER gets another decent QB as long as everyone that booed Saturday is alive.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

GAMECOCKBOY

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on September 15, 2009, 12:40:08 am
Shame on the Vol fans for booing Crompton in the THIRD QUARTER Saturday.  The kid may have been screwing up, but he was giving it his best, and apparently Kiffin believes he's the best man for the job. 

Would it be asking too much for your Vol faithful to be just a little supportive, a little classy, and stick with the guy for at least one bad game?  (And don't bring up last year.  Remember, that was all Phat Phil's fault!)

That was the worst show of sportsmanship I've seen against a home team's own players, maybe ever.  He may suck, but he didn't deserve to be booed at that point in the game and in the season.  He was the same kid who they were cheering wildly in the first half, and also the same kid they cheered wildly for again during that last drive.

If I was recruiting a QB, or anyone else for that matter, but especially a QB, I'd show them the video of your fans booing their own QB in their own freaking stadium in the third quarter of a tight game -- in the SECOND GAME OF THE YEAR!!  I hope UT NEVER gets another decent QB as long as everyone that booed Saturday is alive.

he is on scholarship and expected to perform...i have no problem at all with college players getting booed...we have booed here and coach spurrier even said it a couple of years ago they deserved it him and his coaches included...
MESS WITH THE FEATHERS U SHALL GET SPURED!!!

GOOO GAMECOCKS!!!

Chappeee

Yep, and the Chicago Cubs fans do the same thing.  They boo their own players then celebrate when thy get taken out of the game.  They haven't won in so long they don't know how to act.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: GAMECOCKBOY on September 15, 2009, 01:22:42 am
he is on scholarship and expected to perform...i have no problem at all with college players getting booed...we have booed here and coach spurrier even said it a couple of years ago they deserved it him and his coaches included...

I don't agree with booing your own players in general, but that was not the point I was making.

They were booing Crompton in THE SECOND GAME OF THE YEAR, after he looked great in game one, when they were in the THIRD QUARTER of a game they were still very much in.

That's a whole different situation than if they've lost 3 or 4 in a row, he's stunk in them all, and they are getting beat by 3 touchdowns in the fourth quarter.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: rzrbkman on September 15, 2009, 12:36:18 pm
The fans were probably actually booing the coach for not making the change.

No, that was definitely NOT the situation.  They were definitely booing Crompton.

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: Chappeee on September 15, 2009, 09:08:03 am
Yep, and the Chicago Cubs fans do the same thing.  They boo their own players then celebrate when thy get taken out of the game.  They haven't won in so long they don't know how to act.

LOL yep they will still say wait until next year. i know a few cub fans who are tired of losing and want to become cardinal fans. Cards dominate the National League :b