Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Swine's Eye View of the UGA Game

Started by dr__dawggy, September 14, 2009, 08:44:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dr__dawggy

Thought you might enjoy the perspective of one of your fellow hogs on another board...posted as a response to a question by one of my Dawg peeps....

Pretty confident of a victory (understatement).....

pearl ham

All-Conference
Post #5997
Little Rock bound
MyFanPage
Add Buddy Re: Howdy Piggies.. Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Leghumper:
bulldog fan here wanting to hear about your team...we really aren't very good this season, but seemed to play with some emotion last night...how does your team compare to the Gamecocks...what should I expect while viewing the game from Jekyll Island Georgia's Shrimp and Grits festival?.

I always enjoyed Jekyll. Did you know there is a bass fishing pond there? I found it last time and caught fish while I watched an 8 foot or so gator swim around.

Arkansas is probably going to beat the darn out of UGA. Never happened before and may never happen again, but I am calling it like that. This game has been circled for damn near a year. Petrino worked on it during Spring ball, and we basically didnt even practice for Mizz St, we prepped for UGA. We have far and away the best QB you have seen so far, and we have a play caller that will be able to stick his boot so far up Willie Martinez's ass he may get fired on the plane ride home. Then we will probably go get curb stomped by Bama next week.

I dont like your offense. Samuel is excellent, and so is Green. After that UGA looks soft. The defense is probably as talented as anybody, but Martinez is a waste of time as a DC. Petrino really will just flat out abuse him, and Richt doesnt call offense that will score enough to keep up...even if you did have several great players.

Take that how you want, but I do expect Arkansas will jump on Richt early and never let off the gas.

dr__dawggy

FWIW,

Many a Dawg fan agrees with the assessment of our team...especially on Willie Martinez, (AKA Wille-Mart or CWM).

Ash

I think we will put some numbers up and win the game. I'm not callin' for a 55-gallon drum of whoopass but I do think we'll leave the game with a W.

DeltaBoy

I see another 06 Tenn game coming to the NAM this weekend.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

MuskogeeHogFan

I like our team and the coaching staff is great. I'm optimistic, but this is the SEC and very few teams stomp mudholes in each other in conference play. Georgia has a lot of talent on both sides of the ball and should have the strongest O-Line in the conference, in spite of the loss of Sturdivant at LT on Saturday. Cox hasn't been overwhelming, but as I said before the season all he really needs to do is be a bus driver as long as you get performance out of your O-Line and the other talent that surrounds him. He had a nice 200 yard passing day against an always tough S. Carolina Secondary, but appeared that your run blocking didn't show up.

I'm not ready to write Georgia off. They have a good team and I expect that this game will be one of the most exciting on t.v. this weekend.

I do expect the Hogs to win, but close...a 3-7 point win that isn't decided until late in the fourth quarter...provided our defense, special teams and kicking game decides to show up. I would rather have caught you guys about mid season after the defense comes together a little better, but I think we will give you guys a great game on Saturday and hopefully, send you home to Athens licking your wounds.
Go Hogs Go!

Houston h

51-24 HOGS!!!  WE ROLL IN THIS ONE, I'VE SAID IT ALL SUMMER.  THIS IS THE ONE CBP WANTS MORE THAN ANY OTHER!!!!

jjfmetal11

Quote from: Houston h on September 14, 2009, 09:20:23 am
51-24 HOGS!!!  WE ROLL IN THIS ONE, I'VE SAID IT ALL SUMMER.  THIS IS THE ONE CBP WANTS MORE THAN ANY OTHER!!!!
I don't know man, did u see that handshake after the Ole piss game????

The Kig

Why is it that Petrino has this game as a must win?  Have heard over and over about how this game has been circled for a year, our spring game was geared to it, the extra practice week vs. Misery St where we focused on GA, etc....

but wasn't it the Falcons that Petrino coached for and not Gawwwga?  Athens is close to Atlanta, but still college vs. pro.  I get that many dog fans are also Falcon fans, but Petrino doesn't have a real beef w/ them (and vice versa).

I really think we win this game and am not at all minimizing the importance of the first SEC game vs what appeared to be a Top 25 GA team. 
Poker Porker

The Boar War

I believe we will get the victory.  Not a blow out victory but I believe we will win.  The key for both teams is defensive line play.

jdevers

I saw that thread by Leghumper on dawgrant.com and just knew one of our fans was going to start writing checks...now hopefully we can cash them.  I intentionally avoided it because in other posts LH seemed like he was already pretty decided that we would win and that AR was the best team on the first half of their schedule, so knew it would quickly turn into an anti-Martinez thread.

Tylerhog

That right there's funny! I hope he's right but their still Georgia! Maybe the worm has turned but better wait and see before too much spewing takes place.

hogpride82

Quote from: The Kig on September 14, 2009, 09:36:29 am
Why is it that Petrino has this game as a must win?  Have heard over and over about how this game has been circled for a year, our spring game was geared to it, the extra practice week vs. Misery St where we focused on GA, etc....

but wasn't it the Falcons that Petrino coached for and not Gawwwga?  Athens is close to Atlanta, but still college vs. pro.  I get that many dog fans are also Falcon fans, but Petrino doesn't have a real beef w/ them (and vice versa).

I really think we win this game and am not at all minimizing the importance of the first SEC game vs what appeared to be a Top 25 GA team.

I don't believe it has to do with the whole ATL fiasco. I think this game sets the tone for the rest of the season and CBP knows this.

This is the game that brings to light the strengths and weaknesses in regards to conference play.

HamShank

Quote from: dr__dawggy on September 14, 2009, 08:44:11 am
Thought you might enjoy the perspective of one of your fellow hogs on another board...posted as a response to a question by one of my Dawg peeps....

Pretty confident of a victory (understatement).....

pearl ham

All-Conference
Post #5997
Little Rock bound
MyFanPage
Add Buddy Re: Howdy Piggies.. Reply

Originally posted by Leghumper:
bulldog fan here wanting to hear about your team...we really aren't very good this season, but seemed to play with some emotion last night...how does your team compare to the Gamecocks...what should I expect while viewing the game from Jekyll Island Georgia's Shrimp and Grits festival?.

I always enjoyed Jekyll. Did you know there is a bass fishing pond there? I found it last time and caught fish while I watched an 8 foot or so gator swim around.

Arkansas is probably going to beat the crap out of UGA. Never happened before and may never happen again, but I am calling it like that. This game has been circled for damn near a year. Petrino worked on it during Spring ball, and we basically didnt even practice for Mizz St, we prepped for UGA. We have far and away the best QB you have seen so far, and we have a play caller that will be able to stick his boot so far up Willie Martinez's ass he may get fired on the plane ride home. Then we will probably go get curb stomped by Bama next week.

I dont like your offense. Samuel is excellent, and so is Green. After that UGA looks soft. The defense is probably as talented as anybody, but Martinez is a waste of time as a DC. Petrino really will just flat out abuse him, and Richt doesnt call offense that will score enough to keep up...even if you did have several great players.

Take that how you want, but I do expect Arkansas will jump on Richt early and never let off the gas.

I'm hopeful about this weekend, but GA played a HELL of a lot better against SC than they did against OSU.  We have a lot of weapons, but our D and special teams are both suspect at best.  Green + Samuel + your special teams will make this a game that's decided in the 4th quarter, decided by a TD or less.

bphi11ips

I expect to see a memorable game punctuated by great plays on both sides of the ball.  One team has been at the top of its game for the last decade but is a little less-stocked than usual.  The other is on its way up and intends to make a statement in front of a partisan full house. 

This is the kind of game that separates college football from the NFL.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

dr__dawggy

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 14, 2009, 03:50:35 pm

This is the kind of game that separates college football from the NFL.

Danged straight!

Saturday is comin'

usnavyhogfan

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 14, 2009, 09:05:19 am
I see another 06 Tenn game coming to the NAM this weekend.

yup, thats what im thinking. it may be one for the ages. My neighbors a huge dawgs fan and has been talking $hit for weeks. cant wait
The dream is free, the journey is not.

Hog Milanese

I really hope it is one for the ages. We need that big home SEC win this year to help our fans get over the "poor wittle arkansaw" attitude inherited from Nutt and the 90's.

StreetThief99

I expect a rude welcome from an entirely different Georgia team this week, along with several interceptions from Mallet.

Georgia 45, Arkansas 24
Quote from: Shocktheman on September 25, 2010, 07:33:57 am
Guys Im outnumbered here at FOB Sharana. . .Taliban outside the wire and Bama fans inside!  Send Hogs fans with beer immediately!

Hog Milanese

Quote from: StreetThief99 on September 14, 2009, 04:45:22 pm
I expect a rude welcome from an entirely different Georgia team this week, along with several interceptions from Mallet.

Georgia 45, Arkansas 24

You are the suck.

jdelo77

This will be a 7 point game...one way or the other.....

usnavyhogfan

Georgia 45, Arkansas 24

dude, nutt was fired. we have a real coach now. this is Petrino's statement game. im thinking 35-24 hogs
The dream is free, the journey is not.

IronHog

Quote from: dr__dawggy on September 14, 2009, 08:44:11 am

There is no other Hog board.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

pigs rule

Quote from: Hog Milanese on September 14, 2009, 04:45:59 pm
You are the suck.
yeah,
Look at his previous posts. All of 'em the same. We're really not very good, repeat, repeat.
Not much of a Hog fan at all.

losthawg68

Georgia 45, Arkansas 24

who are you trolling for?
Re:  I just came into some money...
Quote from: cosmodrum on April 01, 2011, 01:34:40 pm
Why money...didn't have a sock or tissue handy?

Quote from: Slacker on August 14, 2012, 10:57:10 pm
God Damn you Lost....

ronmahony

Georgia 45, Arkansas 24

What the Hell? We'd done better than that if we'd played last year.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

StreetThief99

Georgia has us beat in defense, special teams, experience, and talent at every position except QB and WR.

I am not a troll, and I'm sticking by the prediction.
Guys Im outnumbered here at FOB Sharana. . .Taliban outside the wire and Bama fans inside!  Send Hogs fans with beer immediately!

losthawg68

Quote from: StreetThief99 on September 14, 2009, 08:44:23 pm
Georgia has us beat in defense, special teams, experience, and talent at every position except QB and WR.

shall i tell you where you can stick your prediction or do you have that one figured out?

God Damn you Lost....

hoggeek

Quote from: StreetThief99 on September 14, 2009, 08:44:23 pm

Yeah, well, you left out venue and staff. Suck it.

56Hog

The University of Arkansas's SEC record for points in regulation is 52 set against Mississippi St. in 2003.

The University of Arkansas all time record for passing yards (individual) is 387 set against LSU in 1997...and for the team its 447, set 9 days ago.

All these records and many more will fall sometime this year.  Probably more than once.

The University of Georgia has a fine football team and a great football tradition.  I'm sure they will aquit themselves well.  But sometimes you play the wrong team, in the wrong place, on the wrong day in history.

This is about to happen to the 2009 Georgia Bulldogs.

"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

3pigsinafountain

QuoteGeorgia has us beat in defense, special teams, experience, and talent at every position except QB and WR.

Well poorly informed 'not a troll' you left out some things besides the Arkansas edge at QB and overall depth at WR.  To wit;  The hawgs also have the best TE on the field and the best RB, plus the best depth at RB.  Since Georgia has only the slight edge in the OL this easily gives the overall offensive edge to the Hawgs.

Carl Lazlo

Dr. Jan Itor

were screwed against ole miss cause they have nutt. :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :-[ :-\ :-* :puke: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

StreetThief99

Quote from: 3pigsinafountain on September 14, 2009, 10:16:34 pm
Well poorly informed 'not a troll' you left out some things besides the Arkansas edge at QB and overall depth at WR.  To wit;  The hawgs also have the best TE on the field and the best RB, plus the best depth at RB.  Since Georgia has only the slight edge in the OL this easily gives the overall offensive edge to the Hawgs.

Our TE's strength is receiving, so he fits into the WR category. Samuel is not as good as Smith but he is good, so we do have a slight edge there.

However, an overall edge on offense will NOT make up for our defecencies on special teams and defense. Staff and venue are immaterial.

losthawg68

Quote from: StreetThief99 on September 14, 2009, 11:31:59 pm
Our TE's strength is receiving, so he fits into the WR category. Samuel is not as good as Smith but he is good, so we do have a slight edge there.

However, an overall edge on offense will NOT make up for our defecencies on special teams and defense. Staff and venue are immaterial.

you've played more dungeons and dragons than football huh?

God Damn you Lost....

56Hog

11/24/1933 Arkansas 20 - Texas 7

10/10/1936 Arkansas 18 - #14 A&M 0

11/09/1946 Arkansas 7 - #5 Rice 0

10/02/1954 Arkansas 20 - #20 TCU 13

10/03/1959 Arkansas 3 - #9 TCU 0

10/15/1960 Arkansas 24 - #11 Texas 23

11/04/1961 Arkansas 23 - #9 Baylor 13

10/17/1964 Arkansas 14 - #1 Texas 13

10/16/1965 Arkansas 27 - #1 Texas 24

11/16/1968 Arkansas 35 - #13 SMU 29

12/06/1975 Arkansas 31 - #2 A&M 6

10/20/1979 Arkansas 17 - #2 Texas 14

11/12/1988 Arkansas 25 - A&M 20

10/28/1989 Arkansas 45 - #12 Houston 39

09/19/2009 Arkansas 52 - #23 Georgia 35
"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

HOGSWEAT

You'll be the first to admit you're wrong if you are?

HogDom

Can I be the first to (in an annoying voice) say " I told you so! I told you so! I told you so!"

HogFansReunited

Staff and venue are immaterial.

You just proved that you know nothing about the game of football.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

dr__dawggy

Quote from: 56Hog on September 15, 2009, 01:18:08 am
11/24/1933 Arkansas 20 - Texas 7

10/10/1936 Arkansas 18 - #14 A&M 0

11/09/1946 Arkansas 7 - #5 Rice 0

10/02/1954 Arkansas 20 - #20 TCU 13

10/03/1959 Arkansas 3 - #9 TCU 0

10/15/1960 Arkansas 24 - #11 Texas 23

11/04/1961 Arkansas 23 - #9 Baylor 13

10/17/1964 Arkansas 14 - #1 Texas 13

10/16/1965 Arkansas 27 - #1 Texas 24

11/16/1968 Arkansas 35 - #13 SMU 29

12/06/1975 Arkansas 31 - #2 A&M 6

10/20/1979 Arkansas 17 - #2 Texas 14

11/12/1988 Arkansas 25 - A&M 20

10/28/1989 Arkansas 45 - #12 Houston 39

09/19/2009 Arkansas 52 - #23 Georgia 35

Are you saying Arkansas has not beaten a ranked team in Fayettville since 1989?

dr__dawggy

September 15, 2009, 06:23:57 am #39 Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 08:18:36 am by dr__dawggy
Quote from: 56Hog on September 14, 2009, 10:16:16 pm
The University of Arkansas's SEC record for points in regulation is 52 set against Mississippi St. in 2003.

The University of Arkansas all time record for passing yards (individual) is 387 set against LSU in 1997...and for the team its 447, set 9 days ago.

All these records and many more will fall sometime this year.  Probably more than once.

The University of Georgia has a fine football team and a great football tradition.  I'm sure they will aquit themselves well.  But sometimes you play the wrong team, in the wrong place, on the wrong day in history.

Dang. That is so well written I am almost persuaded that we Dawgs do not have a chance.

+1

StreetThief99

Quote from: AR Taco04 on September 15, 2009, 03:41:43 am
You'll be the first to admit you're wrong if you are?

Of course. I hope I am wrong and wouldn't mind the crow!

HOGSWEAT

Quote from: dr__dawggy on September 15, 2009, 06:20:16 am
Are you saying Arkansas has not beaten a ranked team in Fayettville since 1989?

I know this is not the case as Arkansas beat two ranked teams in Fayetteville in 2006. (Alabama and Tennessee) And Tennessee in 1999

ATLHog

The game will be closer than most predict in this thread. I've lived in Georgia for a dozen years and seen the machine that is Dawg Football season in and season out.
Richt will have his boys ready for a fight, just like Petrino will.

dr__dawggy

Quote from: AR Taco04 on September 15, 2009, 09:03:03 am
I know this is not the case as Arkansas beat two ranked teams in Fayetteville in 2006. (Alabama and Tennessee) And Tennessee in 1999

I did not know how to interpret the list from the post to which I was responding...which jumped from 1989 to 2009...
Beating Bama and UT in the same year is impressive...

Burt B.

I think we will score some points, but i don't think our defense can consistantly stop the dawgs either. Turnovers and special teams will be huge. Our special teams are not very special. Our offense will have to compensate. Arkansas by 3-7 points.

Petrino has stated one of their biggest goals this year is to win all of their home games. Uga is one of the most difficult home games we have.

Hog Milanese

Quote from: Snuff on September 15, 2009, 09:49:26 am
Petrino has stated one of their biggest goals this year is to win all of their home games. Uga is one of the most difficult home games we have.

This

hawgbawb

Petrino was pilloried and abused by the Gawja press after he took the Arkansas job. Much of it was over the top and unfair.  It's payback time.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

bphi11ips

Quote from: 56Hog on September 14, 2009, 10:16:16 pm

Well said. 

I feel the same way before this game as I did before USC in '72, A&M in '75, and Texas in '81.  USC was #1, A&M was #2, and Texas was #1.  I was there screaming my lungs out with the rest of the Hog fans. 

Granted, Georgia is a well-coached team with overall superior strength, depth and talent.  So was USC and Texas in '72 and '81 (not so much in the case of A&M), but we blew them out at home. 

I may be wrong, but I have the feeling the team will play above their heads this weekend, the crowd will be in rare form, Mallett will have a great game, and the breaks will go our way.  The end result will be a Razorback victory by at least two touchdowns. 

College football is full of intangibles.  I predict they tilt this game towards the Hogs.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

eathill5

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 30, 2010, 02:51:51 am
He is a bad person... I read this thread specifically to say this.
Gus doesn't love Arkansas, you, or Jesus. Only Gus.
Get over it.
Quote from: swoopeshog on January 08, 2011, 09:36:34 pm
guvhog and band geek are both idiots

Phenomenal One

I don't think anyone needs to take this game as an automatic 'W'.  Yes . . . Georgia has not looked too impressive in their 2 opening games.  But this is still Georgia.  They have a lot of talent, especially on defense.  I would not buy into all the 'our team sucks' talk.  If we win, it is going to be a slugfest and it will be a close game.  I am not saying we are going to lose, I am just warning against a letdown for all those people that think we are going to roll over them.  My only prediction is that will not happen.