Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why won't we be the next Tennessee?

Started by Razorfox, September 12, 2009, 10:46:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jep_hog_fan

bigdaddyhawg

This was the part of your post I was referring to:

Quote from: The Realist on September 14, 2009, 01:46:00 pm
Everyone on the team knows Crompton doesn't have it mentally. 

when I said:

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on September 14, 2009, 04:43:16 pm
I don't know, but I would think one of the key jobs for the HC or even OC would be to spot such issues BEFORE they happen.  But I could be wrong.

I didn't see your offensive line as being the limiting factor for your offense.  If fact, I thought with better play calling it could be the strength of your offense this fall.  I thought they were very impressive in run blocking, at least when they weren't trying to block 8 or 9 in the box.

Your offense was what it was because:

1. Crompton was horrible, which goes back to the responsibility of your HC/OC. 

2. Play calling by your HC/OC.  The performance here was MAYBE only slightly better than that of your QB.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

HogFan in Afghan

upperdeck_hawg

Quote from: PhotHOGrapher on September 13, 2009, 10:11:00 am
Don't think we'll be running it up the gut on 4th and 2 when our lives depend on it...

you forgot to add, "after running it on the previous three downs ..."
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

hanguplisten

Because we have a real coach and not a Lame Kitten

huggerfrommanila

i cant believe crompton is the best they have.  why not give the other guy a chance. he cant be any worse.
"Welcome Razorback fans to another exciting day of SEC football, featuring Houston Nutt's Arkansas Razorbacks!"
If I had the wings of a sparrow, If I had the arse of a crow,I'd fly over Darrell K. Royal Stadium tomorrow, And **** on the bastards below.
Golf is like an 18-year-old girl with big boobs.  You know it's wrong but you can't keep away from her.  ~Val Doonican
Adding wrinkles:  good idea for football coaches, bad idea for the ladies.  ~my buddy Rick
James: What an absolutely beautiful day. Warm Sun, beautiful women...
Carl: And the air... is just right... for drinking.  ~Men at Work, 1990
Hank, dinner's almost ready.  I'm stirring in the cheese powder. ~Mrs. Peggy Hill

Hog Milanese

Quote from: jep_hog_fan on September 14, 2009, 06:55:21 pm
There's basketball at UA?

If you strain your eyes really hard, you can almost see it.

spudhog

Well, it looks like Kiffin is trying a different approach than BP. BP was very quiet and low key his first year here. Tried winning games but preparing the program for years to come. He probably could've dummied down the playbook's and etc to accomodate the players. But, his purpose was all about building something bigger.

Kiffin has made noise from day one. Saying this and that. His play calling is so vanilla and base. As though he's trying to win now and to make things look better than they are. All because he wrote a lot checks he can't cash in the off season.

Still think Kiffin can turn them around and he's seemingly doing a lot of good. But, he's also got a lot of work to do.

The Realist

Quote from: spudhog on September 15, 2009, 08:46:30 am
Well, it looks like Kiffin is trying a different approach than BP. BP was very quiet and low key his first year here. Tried winning games but preparing the program for years to come. He probably could've dummied down the playbook's and etc to accomodate the players. But, his purpose was all about building something bigger.

Kiffin has made noise from day one. Saying this and that. His play calling is so vanilla and base. As though he's trying to win now and to make things look better than they are. All because he wrote a lot checks he can't cash in the off season.

Still think Kiffin can turn them around and he's seemingly doing a lot of good. But, he's also got a lot of work to do.
If your QB is Crompton...what other kind of offense can you run other than a broke down simple offense? 
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: The Realist on September 15, 2009, 11:06:40 am
If your QB is Crompton...what other kind of offense can you run other than a broke down simple offense? 

It's OK now, but last year your fired your NC winning HC because of it??

And I guarantee you there are ways better play calling would help Crompton be more successful.

Besides, doesn't all of that fall at the feet of the HC anyway?? 
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

The Hogfather

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on September 15, 2009, 12:09:58 pm

You nailed it!

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on September 15, 2009, 12:09:58 pm

And I guarantee you there are ways better play calling would help Crompton be more successful.

Besides, doesn't all of that fall at the feet of the HC anyway?? 
Kiffin admitted he put Crompton in situations he should not have.  He took full responsibility.  Sounds different the old Nutt.  Petrino could not help Casey so I don't see the point when a kid is plain and simple beyond help.  Is the 2nd team QB worse than Crompton?

Crompton has to take part of the blame.  You cannot correct being dumb and not up to speed.  How the heck do you miss a receiver who is wide open and the QB not under any pressure by 20 feet high into the UCLA players hands?  The kid has problems.  To Kiffin's credit he is sticking by Crompton and starting him this week against the Gators.  He has not lost all hope in his QB but it could get ugly for Crompton.

Add that Phil got booted because recruiting was going South and players running wild.  Don't forget about all the arrest going on in Knoxville when Phil was coach.  It has been all over this board.  Losing just added to a bad situation.

Did we not fire Nolan who won a NC?  Today that does not get you tenure in coaching.

The Realist

September 15, 2009, 01:22:33 pm #62 Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 01:24:04 pm by The Realist
Just to take a break from the arguments, I give you....

Layla Kiffin

http://www.3sib.com/2009/09/15/holy-shnikeys-layla/
More on the link
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

The Realist

And I will say Kiffin is shouldering a lot of the blame.  He pretty much admitted he lost confidence in Crompton and the right side of our line and that's why our playcalling changed.  He may have had a bad game coaching but at least it's refreshing to here someone take blame.   Nutt and Fulmer didn't....and Crompton refuses to as well, which is why his teammates don't like him at all.

How many SEC QB's can walk into the most popular bar on the strip after a big game and nobody says one word to them including his own teammates?  Answer:  Jonathan Crompton. 
Childs, Gregory.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: LRCentralTiger on September 15, 2009, 01:10:15 pm
Add that Phil got booted because recruiting was going South and players running wild.  Don't forget about all the arrest going on in Knoxville when Phil was coach.  It has been all over this board.  Losing just added to a bad situation.

Did we not fire Nolan who won a NC?  Today that does not get you tenure in coaching.

You've twisted the point I was making.  If that poor offense was bad last year, and it IS what got Fulmer fired, then it's bad and unnacceptable this year.  But that's not the perspective The Realist was taking.

Petrino could not help Casey so I don't see the point when a kid is plain and simple beyond help. 

Petrino DID help Casey Dick.  I'm not sure how any one with eyes can say he didn't.  After only one spring practice CBP took Casey from a kid who could hardly complete a 10 yard pass to one who almost set a single season passing record at the UA.

You cannot correct being dumb and not up to speed. 

To Kiffin's credit he is sticking by Crompton and starting him this week against the Gators.  He has not lost all hope in his QB but it could get ugly for Crompton.

You've contradicted yourself TWICE here.  IF he's dumb and cannot get up to speed, then what is it to Kiffin's credit to stick with Crompton??  That would be unbelievably stupid or completely insane, I'm not sure which.

And I have a very difficult time believing Kiffin can't find a better choice than Crompton, if indeed he's as bad and dumb and unprepared as you say.  If Crompton is "unprepared", Kiffin shouldn't play him on general principal.  Play another kid who is prepared.  It's a defenseless position.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Tenner will be back in the SEC title mix, probably around the time Kiffin learns to shut up and start coaching... if he lasts that long.  I think they should bring back Fulmer.

hawgsav1

First people want to make excuses for Kiffin's losing by saying that "Crompton sucks" and that Kiffin has no one else on the roster?  Well, if that's the case, why did Kiffin get rid of Tahj Boyd and Bryce Petty, a 5* and 4* QB in his recruiting class held over from Fulmer?  And don't say that "they left on their own accord".  Tahj Boyd said that Kiffin said that he wouldn't fit in at Tennessee and Petty said the same thing.  Neither of them decommitted as soon as Kiffin came in.  They all waited til Kiffin got around to talking to them, and after talking to Kiffin several times, they both decommitted.  Even if those kids didn't pan out or stay, Tennessee would still be better off having a semi-competent young QB instead of Crompton. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: hawgsav1 on September 15, 2009, 01:36:18 pm
First people want to make excuses for Kiffin's losing by saying that "Crompton sucks" and that Kiffin has no one else on the roster?  Well, if that's the case, why did Kiffin get rid of Tahj Boyd and Bryce Petty, a 5* and 4* QB in his recruiting class held over from Fulmer?  And don't say that "they left on their own accord".  Tahj Boyd said that Kiffin said that he wouldn't fit in at Tennessee and Petty said the same thing.  Neither of them decommitted as soon as Kiffin came in.  They all waited til Kiffin got around to talking to them, and after talking to Kiffin several times, they both decommitted.  Even if those kids didn't pan out or stay, Tennessee would still be better off having a semi-competent young QB instead of Crompton. 

I don't know the situations re: these two kids, but he did run off a QB leftover from Fulmer, Coleman may have been his name.

I think it shows a lack of wisdom to run off ANY QB's if your returning starter is as bad as Crompton seems to be.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: gguillo on September 15, 2009, 01:33:26 pm
Tenner will be back in the SEC title mix, probably around the time Kiffin learns to shut up and start coaching... if he lasts that long.  I think they should bring back Fulmer.

We haven't heard much mouthing since fall camp started.  But I did see a lot of puzzled, confused looks from him on the sideline Saturday.

If I were a Vol fan, and Thank You God I'm NOT, I'd be praying Kiffin is smart enough to realize he needs to hire himself a top level offensive coordinator.

The Realist

Bryce Petty was a marginal 3 star player that Fulmer offered for some reason.  Kiffin didn't want him.  Tahj Boyd was a dual threat player but Kiffin didn't want him because he is maybe 6 feet tall...at least that's the reason given.

TN fans have been questioning Kiffin's QB choices since Day 1...that is really the only place people have questioned him.  But considering he was the QB coach for Leinart, Palmer, Cassell, etc he at least has some credibility there, even if it doesn't show right now. 

Fulmers best QB recruit decided to play baseball for the red sox instead.  Their clusterf*k at QB is a combination of several decisions made by several people. 
Childs, Gregory.

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on September 15, 2009, 01:31:28 pm
You've twisted the point I was making.  If that poor offense was bad last year, and it IS what got Fulmer fired, then it's bad and unnacceptable this year.  But that's not the perspective The Realist was taking.

Petrino DID help Casey Dick.  I'm not sure how any one with eyes can say he didn't.  After only one spring practice CBP took Casey from a kid who could hardly complete a 10 yard pass to one who almost set a single season passing record at the UA.

You've contradicted yourself TWICE here.  IF he's dumb and cannot get up to speed, then what is it to Kiffin's credit to stick with Crompton??  That would be unbelievably stupid or completely insane, I'm not sure which.

And I have a very difficult time believing Kiffin can't find a better choice than Crompton, if indeed he's as bad and dumb and unprepared as you say.  If Crompton is "unprepared", Kiffin shouldn't play him on general principal.  Play another kid who is prepared.  It's a defenseless position.
Your first point:  Notice the Add word.  I did not take away or make a comment about your statement but to added to it.  Also I don't think Vol fans are ready to run off Kiffin and the staff he has put together.  The staff is solid.  Kiffin as head man will have to wait.

Second Point:  If Petrino helped Casey why the picks for TD's against Bama and another team without one Arkansas receiver in sight.  He pulled several Crompton's last year.

Third Point:  Very simple.  Why put the 2nd teamer in against one of the top defenses in the country this weekend to get shell shocked.  It will happen.  Now you have two QB's with confidence problems.  I don't know Kiffin's plan but I know you do not need two QB's with their confidence shaken and 9 games to play after Florida.  Think deeper and you will see.  Remember when we played the Vols in Fayetteville.  Crompton was a deer in the headlights case in that game.  Last year the same and he has started that way this year.  Like I said in a previous post, what does he have in a second team QB?  Evidently Tennessee does not have any QB's period and as I said earlier, you cannot manufacture one.  Petrino did all he could with Casey and the record shows.  There is only so much you can do if you do not have a kid that is capable of playing QB.  I don't care which way you slice it.  Petrino at Tennessee and he has the same problem.  The kid cannot play but evidently the 2nd teamer is worse and not prepared.

LRCentralTiger

September 15, 2009, 04:02:35 pm #71 Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 04:05:10 pm by LRCentralTiger
Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on September 15, 2009, 01:51:17 pm
We haven't heard much mouthing since fall camp started.  But I did see a lot of puzzled, confused looks from him on the sideline Saturday.

If I were a Vol fan, and Thank You God I'm NOT, I'd be praying Kiffin is smart enough to realize he needs to hire himself a top level offensive coordinator.
Have you heard of Jim Chaney?  Look him up and check out his ties.  Kiffin and Chaney are the OC with Kiffin, I guess, calling the plays.

hawgsav1

Quote from: The Realist on September 15, 2009, 02:54:09 pm
Bryce Petty was a marginal 3 star player that Fulmer offered for some reason.  Kiffin didn't want him.  Tahj Boyd was a dual threat player but Kiffin didn't want him because he is maybe 6 feet tall...at least that's the reason given.

TN fans have been questioning Kiffin's QB choices since Day 1...that is really the only place people have questioned him.  But considering he was the QB coach for Leinart, Palmer, Cassell, etc he at least has some credibility there, even if it doesn't show right now. 

Fulmers best QB recruit decided to play baseball for the red sox instead.  Their clusterf*k at QB is a combination of several decisions made by several people. 

Tahj Boyd was listed at 6-2, which is only one inch shorter than John David Booty was.  Petty is the same size as Southern Cal wunderkind Matt Barkley, and the same height as John David Booty.  Also, if you remember, we were after Petty as well.  Considering the dearth of QB talent on his roster, running off those two QBs AND Crompton's backups seems like a retarded decision. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

The Hog

September 15, 2009, 05:26:08 pm #73 Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 05:28:09 pm by The Hog
Quote from: hawgsav1 on September 15, 2009, 05:04:48 pm
Tahj Boyd was listed at 6-2, which is only one inch shorter than John David Booty was.  Petty is the same size as Southern Cal wunderkind Matt Barkley, and the same height as John David Booty.  Also, if you remember, we were after Petty as well.  Considering the dearth of QB talent on his roster, running off those two QBs AND Crompton's backups seems like a retarded decision. 
I don't know what the deal was with Boyd but the scholarship was still open to Boyd.  Kiffin just made it plain he would not fit the system.  That is the same as saying you can come but I don't think you can make it here. 

Remember Boyd tore his ACL which might make a few coaches nervous.  He played very well in the AA game but did show signs of his injury. 

Clemson list Boyd as 6'-1" also with a couple of the recruiting services.  I am more inclined to go with 6'-1" on the tall side and 6'-0" on the short.  In the AA game he was not tall out there on the field.  Inch here or there does not compare to 6'-5" and taller QB's such as Mallet.  It is an advantage when you have to see over lineman, O and D, who are 6'-7".

Heck they may have not liked each other.  Kids and coaches are not always a marriage made in heaven.
Automatic RUN!

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: LRCentralTiger on September 15, 2009, 03:58:33 pm
Your first point:  Notice the Add word.  I did not take away or make a comment about your statement but to added to it.  Also I don't think Vol fans are ready to run off Kiffin and the staff he has put together.  The staff is solid.  Kiffin as head man will have to wait.

Don't have a clue what you're trying to say in your first two sentences here.

And again, my point wasn't about firing Kiffin.  Come on, get with it a little bit here.  Please.

Second Point:  If Petrino helped Casey why the picks for TD's against Bama and another team without one Arkansas receiver in sight.  He pulled several Crompton's last year.

I don't know if you really are a clown or not, but this is a clown's point.  It's stupid.

I didn't say Petrino made CD all world or anything.  I just stated what is obvious to anyone and everyone who has ANY knowledge on the situation, that being that CBP made Dick much better than he was before.

Third Point:  Very simple.  Why put the 2nd teamer in against one of the top defenses in the country this weekend to get shell shocked.  It will happen.  Now you have two QB's with confidence problems.  I don't know Kiffin's plan but I know you do not need two QB's with their confidence shaken and 9 games to play after Florida.  Think deeper and you will see. 

So Kiffin's got this grand master plan, that includes holding his best QB back out for THREE GAMES, so as to save that kid from getting his confidence bashed versus Florida??

This is an absurdly ridiculous point.  Any coach is going to play the best player whom he believes will give him the best chance to win that particular game, then worry about the next game the next week.

You come right back after making this ridiculous contention and contradict your entire premise with this:

Like I said in a previous post, what does he have in a second team QB?  Evidently Tennessee does not have any QB's period and as I said earlier, you cannot manufacture one.  Petrino did all he could with Casey and the record shows.  There is only so much you can do if you do not have a kid that is capable of playing QB.  I don't care which way you slice it.  Petrino at Tennessee and he has the same problem.  The kid cannot play but evidently the 2nd teamer is worse and not prepared.

So he's saving his best QB, protecting him against Florida (according to you), but now you're saying "The kid cannot play but evidently the 2nd teamer is worse and not prepared."

Just a suggestion:  Try to find just one ridiculous, insupportable position to take at a time and stick with that.  You won't look quite so bad that way.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: The Realist on September 15, 2009, 02:54:09 pm

I did not remember reading that Kiffin was USC's QB coach, so I looked it up on Wikipedia.  His bio there lists him as being USC's WR coach, then sharing OC duties with Sarkasian.  Nowhere does it say anything about Kiffin being USC's QB coach at any time, much less during that entire tenure.

And BTW, the only people who have questioned him re: QB decisions, the Tennessee fans (according to you), are the ONLY people he needs to worry about to begin with!!

The Realist

Quote from: hawgsav1 on September 15, 2009, 05:04:48 pm
Never in my post did I say anything other than state the facts of why they aren't at TN.  Didn't pass an opinion on it...just said thats why Tahj Boyd isn't at UT.  Petty simply didn't have a high level D1 arm.  It was a wasted schollie.  And having any clue on earth about UTs season last year would help you figure out why UT fans question the QB moves...because they know how fkn awful Crompton is so when Kiffin came out saying its Crompton everyone pretty much gave a collective WTH!?

USC coaches have always been very anti-switching QB's...to an extreme.  Kiffin saw what Crompton could do in practice and threw out last season as a fluke...now he knows what we all do...Tennessee's QB is incrompitant...he is shielding him from the media and all the articles out right now are Kiffin just being shocked at how much hate there is for Crompton around knoxville and especially on campus.  Its like he is trying to protect a cracked egg like its a golden one that everyone else already knows holds a half retarded chicken inside.  Thats pretty much the only thing I can compare Jonathan Crompton too. 
Childs, Gregory.

The Hog

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on September 15, 2009, 05:32:55 pm
I did not remember reading that Kiffin was USC's QB coach, so I looked it up on Wikipedia.  His bio there lists him as being USC's WR coach, then sharing OC duties with Sarkasian.  Nowhere does it say anything about Kiffin being USC's QB coach at any time, much less during that entire tenure.

And BTW, the only people who have questioned him re: QB decisions, the Tennessee fans (according to you), are the ONLY people he needs to worry about to begin with!!
Dude you need to get something more reliable than Wikipedia as a source.  You know it is not accepted in any school in the country as a reliable source.  Good grief.

By the way you answered you own statements about Kiffin and QB's.  He did not coach QB's.  You just harpooned you arguments.  I find that like the kettle calling the pot black with some of your misquotes with spin.  Nice try but it is easy to read you intent by adding to statements of posters.  You are on the losing end and the only thing you can come back with it stupid?  Lack of words?  Lack of creditable arguments?  Quote as it is stated.  Not how your pea brain screws it up.
Automatic RUN!

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: The Hog on September 15, 2009, 06:02:23 pm
Dude you need to get something more reliable than Wikipedia as a source.  You know it is not accepted in any school in the country as a reliable source.  Good grief.

By the way you answered you own statements about Kiffin and QB's.  He did not coach QB's.  You just harpooned you arguments.  I find that like the kettle calling the pot black with some of your misquotes with spin.  Nice try but it is easy to read you intent by adding to statements of posters.  You are on the losing end and the only thing you can come back with it stupid?  Lack of words?  Lack of creditable arguments?  Quote as it is stated.  Not how your pea brain screws it up.

This post is so convoluted and confused I am having trouble making anything out of it at all.  I'll try to give it my best shot, though I'm not sure why.

1. I didn't say Kiffin coached the QB's at USC, The Realist did.  I was addressing that with him.

2. Wikipedia may not be accepted as a reference source on college campuses, I wouldn't know.  I got my bachelors and did my post graduate studies before the days of Wikipedia.  I do know that Wikipedia is quoted a lot in popular blogs and in news stories on the internet from time to time.  I've never found a problem with it.  If you have a problem with it, especially re: Kiffin's bio, then I suggest you contact Wikipedia and turn in a correction.  I think that's how it works, if I'm not mistaken.

3. Why don't you help me out and give me examples, or even one example, of where I've added anything to the statement of posters here on Hogville.  I don't think that's something I've ever done, that I can remember at least.  But give me some examples and I guess I'll stand corrected.

4. I do quote posts as they are stated.  Separating out individual points makes it easier to address each one, which I believe makes for more clarity in the argument.  If it makes it more difficult for you to follow, then I apologize.

5. I'm not aware of being on the "losing end" of any arguments presently.  If you'd like to be more specific, I'll try to address those for you.

6. I generally don't like to do anything to attack other posters, but I will label a comment as stupid if it is a stupid comment.  We are all responsible for our own behavior, and if you or anyone else puts something absurd or ridiculous on here, then they have earned the right to have it identified as such.

The Hog

September 15, 2009, 11:13:58 pm #79 Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 06:28:14 am by The Hog
Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on September 15, 2009, 06:48:30 pm
This post is so convoluted and confused I am having trouble making anything out of it at all.  I'll try to give it my best shot, though I'm not sure why.

1. I didn't say Kiffin coached the QB's at USC, The Realist did.  I was addressing that with him.

2. Wikipedia may not be accepted as a reference source on college campuses, I wouldn't know.  I got my bachelors and did my post graduate studies before the days of Wikipedia.  I do know that Wikipedia is quoted a lot in popular blogs and in news stories on the internet from time to time.  I've never found a problem with it.  If you have a problem with it, especially re: Kiffin's bio, then I suggest you contact Wikipedia and turn in a correction.  I think that's how it works, if I'm not mistaken.

3. Why don't you help me out and give me examples, or even one example, of where I've added anything to the statement of posters here on Hogville.  I don't think that's something I've ever done, that I can remember at least.  But give me some examples and I guess I'll stand corrected.

4. I do quote posts as they are stated.  Separating out individual points makes it easier to address each one, which I believe makes for more clarity in the argument.  If it makes it more difficult for you to follow, then I apologize.

5. I'm not aware of being on the "losing end" of any arguments presently.  If you'd like to be more specific, I'll try to address those for you.

6. I generally don't like to do anything to attack other posters, but I will label a comment as stupid if it is a stupid comment.  We are all responsible for our own behavior, and if you or anyone else puts something absurd or ridiculous on here, then they have earned the right to have it identified as such.

Nice to know you graduated from Wiki U and help develop the online dictionary while you were there.  LOL.   You must have a BS degree.   As you say, "you have been identified."  "Here is your sign!"  How did you like that takeoff?  Sound like a familiar tactic??

The numbers below match up with your reply.  Understand the concept?  I am sure you will state "I am having trouble" or "don't have a clue" which is obvious.  Looks like a favorite cop out for you to deflect the posters comments.

1.    All I did you let both of you know Kiffin was not the QB coach at USC.  I never stated you said squat about him as the QB coach.   Boom!  1, 3 and 4 gone in one shot.

2.   By the way, Wiki Dict is not accepted in high school either.  Do you realize you can change the site on Wiki?  My neighbor's son changed John Wooden's NCAA championship wins to 5.  It took about a week for Wiki to get enough complaints to realize the error.  Minor change but a major mistake.

3.    Quote from: The Realist on Today at 11:06:40 AM
"If your QB is Crompton...what other kind of offense can you run other than a broke down simple offense? 

WIKI U: "It's OK now, but last year your fired your NC winning HC because of it??

Besides, doesn't all of that fall at the feet of the HC anyway?? "

Central added to your comment with
" Add that Phil got booted because recruiting was going South and players running wild.  Don't forget about all the arrest going on in Knoxville when Phil was coach.  It has been all over this board.  Losing just added to a bad situation."  The Hog – definitely looks like he did not disagree or mention your comment as incorrect but added more ammo.

Quote from: LRCentralTiger on Today at 01:10:15 PM

Wiki U replies: "You've twisted the point I was making.  If that poor offense was bad last year, and it IS what got Fulmer fired, then it's bad and unacceptable this year.  But that's not the perspective The Realist was taking."  The Hog's comment inserted here".  You quote LRCentral and spin off on The Realist.  Respond to the post you listed.

Central replies:  "Your first point:  Notice the Add word.  I did not take away or make a comment about your statement but to add to it.  Also I don't think Vol fans are ready to run off Kiffin and the staff he has put together.  The staff is solid.  Kiffin as head man will have to wait."  The Hog here:  Makes it very clear what he is stating. 

Then the explanation by Wiki U.
Quote from: LRCentralTiger on Today at 03:58:33 PM

WIKI U replies:  "Don't have a clue what you're trying to say in your first two sentences here."
"And again, my point wasn't about firing Kiffin.  Come on, get with it a little bit here.  Please."  Big statement by The Hog inserted here.  He probably agrees with you but you're so full of self righteousness you fail to read and comprehend what the poster said.  He never said you did mention firing Kiffin.  Show me where he ever indicated your point was about firing Kiffin.  I forgot the number of twist and misquotes now.  Can you count them for me?
BOOM! 3 and 4 down and out.

4.    See 1 and 3.

5.   Now go tuck you puppy tail and quit running with the big dogs.  You have issues and really should see a doctor.  They can help you.  It is OK to be corrected.  You take it too personal.

6.   You are entitled to your opinion and guess what, it is only an opinion.  No matter how idiotic your twisted statements are as demonstrated above.  You need to read each post 4 times and write it down once to make sure you understand.

By the way I did correct the spelling in all the posters responses.  If I missed any correct them please.

Bye!  See you around WIKI.  Don't say you don't twist and misquote,  folks read your statements.
Automatic RUN!

bigdaddyhawg

September 16, 2009, 01:00:44 am #80 Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 01:07:11 am by bigdaddyhawg
Quote from: The Hog on September 15, 2009, 11:13:58 pm
Nice to know you graduated from Wiki U and help develop the online dictionary while you were there.  LOL.   You must have a BS degree.   As you say, "you have been identified."  "Here is your sign!"  How did you like that takeoff?  Sound like a familiar tactic??

Seems like you've got some kind of personal issue going on with me at this time.  That's resulted in a lot of illogical, emotional arguments that don't make much sense, except maybe to someone who watches WAY too much CMT!

There are a couple of things here I can address, so I'll give it my best.

1.    All I did you let both of you know Kiffin was not the QB coach at USC.  I never stated you said squat about him as the QB coach.   Boom!  1, 3 and 4 gone in one shot.

I never said Kiffin was USC's QB coach, in fact I was pointing out to The Realist I didn't think it was fact.  I used Wikipedia as a reference, which apparently was a HUGE issue to you, but is a fairly common policy on the internet.  Never said it was fact, just raised the question whether Kiffin had, in fact, ever been USC's QB coach.

I'm not clear why you continue to try to correct me on this point, when you are saying the same thing I was saying.

3.    Quote from: The Realist on Today at 11:06:40 AM
"If your QB is Crompton...what other kind of offense can you run other than a broke down simple offense? 

WIKI U: "It's OK now, but last year your fired your NC winning HC because of it??

Besides, doesn't all of that fall at the feet of the HC anyway?? "

Central added to your comment with
" Add that Phil got booted because recruiting was going South and players running wild.  Don't forget about all the arrest going on in Knoxville when Phil was coach.  It has been all over this board.  Losing just added to a bad situation."  The Hog – definitely looks like he did not disagree or mention your comment as incorrect but added more ammo.

Quote from: LRCentralTiger on Today at 01:10:15 PM

Wiki U replies: "You've twisted the point I was making.  If that poor offense was bad last year, and it IS what got Fulmer fired, then it's bad and unacceptable this year.  But that's not the perspective The Realist was taking."  The Hog's comment inserted here".  You quote LRCentral and spin off on The Realist.  Respond to the post you listed.

I don't see why this has confused you so much.  Realist made a statement about this year's offense, and I made a post related to that statement.  I thought it was pretty straight forward.  If that kind of offense was not OK last year, why is it OK this year, now?

Other posters didn't understand what I was trying to say, and I tried to correct them on the misunderstanding.  I don't see why that is such a big deal to you.

Central replies:  "Your first point:  Notice the Add word.  I did not take away or make a comment about your statement but to add to it.  Also I don't think Vol fans are ready to run off Kiffin and the staff he has put together.  The staff is solid.  Kiffin as head man will have to wait."  The Hog here:  Makes it very clear what he is stating. 

I didn't understand "Notice the Add word" part.  I still don't understand what that is supposed to mean.  It's confusing and not clear at all.  That's why I stated IT WAS NOT CLEAR.

If I don't understand what someone else is trying to communicate, I try not to make assumptions.  I try to let them know I'm not sure what they are trying to tell me.  That's a pretty common communication technique.  Look it up -- it's in a lot of books about communication.  But don't look it up on Wikipedia -- it's very, very evil.

5.   Now go tuck you puppy tail and quit running with the big dogs.  You have issues and really should see a doctor.  They can help you.  It is OK to be corrected.  You take it too personal.

Bye!  See you around WIKI.  Don't say you don't twist and misquote,  folks read your statements.

In all you've written here I still don't see where you've pointed out where I twisted ANYTHING somebody else wrote.  I also don't see anything you gave that showed where I misquoted ANYONE.

As far as being corrected, I'm fine with that as long as I was wrong.  In all your rantings here you still haven't pointed out one single thing I stated that was wrong.

Obviously I did something though that got your stinger out, perhaps it's my tone or the manner I've addressed these issues.  It really makes no difference because the problem is yours, not mine.

bigdaddyhawg

September 16, 2009, 01:02:47 am #81 Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 01:08:26 am by bigdaddyhawg
nm

The Hog

September 17, 2009, 05:56:58 am #82 Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 06:14:10 am by The Hog
Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on September 16, 2009, 01:00:44 am
Seems like you've got some kind of personal issue going on with me at this time.  That's resulted in a lot of illogical, emotional arguments that don't make much sense, except maybe to someone who watches WAY too much CMT!

There are a couple of things here I can address, so I'll give it my best.

I never said Kiffin was USC's QB coach, in fact I was pointing out to The Realist I didn't think it was fact.  I used Wikipedia as a reference, which apparently was a HUGE issue to you, but is a fairly common policy on the internet.  Never said it was fact, just raised the question whether Kiffin had, in fact, ever been USC's QB coach.

I'm not clear why you continue to try to correct me on this point, when you are saying the same thing I was saying.

I don't see why this has confused you so much.  Realist made a statement about this year's offense, and I made a post related to that statement.  I thought it was pretty straight forward.  If that kind of offense was not OK last year, why is it OK this year, now?

Other posters didn't understand what I was trying to say, and I tried to correct them on the misunderstanding.  I don't see why that is such a big deal to you.

I didn't understand "Notice the Add word" part.  I still don't understand what that is supposed to mean.  It's confusing and not clear at all.  That's why I stated IT WAS NOT CLEAR.

If I don't understand what someone else is trying to communicate, I try not to make assumptions.  I try to let them know I'm not sure what they are trying to tell me.  That's a pretty common communication technique.  Look it up -- it's in a lot of books about communication.  But don't look it up on Wikipedia -- it's very, very evil.

In all you've written here I still don't see where you've pointed out where I twisted ANYTHING somebody else wrote.  I also don't see anything you gave that showed where I misquoted ANYONE.

As far as being corrected, I'm fine with that as long as I was wrong.  In all your rantings here you still haven't pointed out one single thing I stated that was wrong.

Obviously I did something though that got your stinger out, perhaps it's my tone or the manner I've addressed these issues.  It really makes no difference because the problem is yours, not mine.

Take item 1. and you will see how screwed up your replies are.  Your exact quote, "I never said Kiffin was USC's QB coach".  Did I ever say you did?  BOOOOOOOOOOM!  You keep insisting I did.  Don't add what I did not say.  Where is it in my post did I say you did?  Show the statement.  Game set match to the loser WIKI U.
Automatic RUN!

V,B

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 15, 2009, 12:11:11 pm
You nailed it!

Maybe you can explain to me how he nailed it? Do you really think if Fulmer was still at Tennessee the outcome of the game would have been different?

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: V,B on September 17, 2009, 01:19:09 pm
Maybe you can explain to me how he nailed it? Do you really think if Fulmer was still at Tennessee the outcome of the game would have been different?

That wasn't my point or his.

The point was it's a fan's double standard in play.  Last year all the fans were hating on Fulmer.  The fact they lost and how they lost, meaning the offensive ineptitude, was the key factor in getting Fulmer fired.

This fall, with the exact same offensive results, now it's "If your QB is Crompton...what other kind of offense can you run other than a broke down simple offense?"  Like "there really is nothing else Kiffin can do.  He's not to blame. (not a quote here, just paraphrasing)"

It's a double standard.  If it was that wrong and horrible last year, it's that wrong and horrible this year.

That was the point Hogfather was agreeing with.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: The Hog on September 17, 2009, 05:56:58 am
Take item 1. and you will see how screwed up your replies are.  Your exact quote, "I never said Kiffin was USC's QB coach".  Did I ever say you did?  BOOOOOOOOOOM!  You keep insisting I did.  Don't add what I did not say.  Where is it in my post did I say you did?  Show the statement.  Game set match to the loser WIKI U.

I made a statement that I didn't think Kiffin was a QB coach at USC.

You responded as if you were correcting us both with this statement:

1.    All I did you let both of you know Kiffin was not the QB coach at USC. 

Now I will admit I could have misunderstood your statement here, it is kind of screwed up in how it's written, but I tried as best I could to get your meaning out of it.

Again, I'm not sure why you've gotten so worked up in all of this, other than maybe it's your typical redneck response to many things in your life.

You may be working under the assumption you're a genius.  That's not the case.  I'm not saying you're a retard or anything.  I haven't read enough of your posts to be able to confirm that at this point.  But you've made WAY too big a deal out of a simple comment.  I suggest you try to just let it go.  It's not that big of a deal in the big scheme of things.

V,B

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on September 17, 2009, 01:35:01 pm
That wasn't my point or his.

The point was it's a fan's double standard in play.  Last year all the fans were hating on Fulmer.  The fact they lost and how they lost, meaning the offensive ineptitude, was the key factor in getting Fulmer fired.

This fall, with the exact same offensive results, now it's "If your QB is Crompton...what other kind of offense can you run other than a broke down simple offense?"  Like "there really is nothing else Kiffin can do.  He's not to blame. (not a quote here, just paraphrasing)"

It's a double standard.  If it was that wrong and horrible last year, it's that wrong and horrible this year.

That was the point Hogfather was agreeing with.

Unfortunately for us Vol fans the offense is just something that we have to live with until Kiffin can bring in his recruits.

The reason why so many of us called for the firing of Fulmer was not only the inept offense last year but his lack of ability to grow with the game. If you look at his winning % over his career it is absolutely fantastic. However, if you look at from 2001 and on it leaves something to be desired(especially against our rival teams) which is why we wanted him out of here.

The playcalling last weekend was somewhat suspect and I'm not even sure how I feel about it. Though I will say this Kiffin has ignited a dormant fanbase and I applaud him for that  and whether other fans like him or not you can not deny what he has done for our recruiting( currently#3 and #4 on certain services). The verdict is still out on his coaching ability but the majority of us know we are in for some rough times for the next couple of years and hopefully in 2011 we will start competing once again in the East and in the SEC.

As far as the QB situation goes for us, Crompton is the best we have I guess, Stephens is a decent backup who I would like to see get a shot and our 3rd is a kid named Lamison out of MT. Sac which is supposedly decent enough but didn't get here until August so he is playing catch up.

I reside in Arkansas and since my kids are being brainwashed into Hog fans at school( I do my part to keep them true, though) I wish ya'll the best of luck vs GA and hope your team kicks the crap out of them. Heck I even thought about going to the game and rooting a little for ya'll. ;D

GuvHog

IMO the problem for Tennessee is this: Fulmer liked to play smash mouth power running
football with an occasional pass and that's the type of players he recruited. Kiffin
prefers to run a finess style west coast offense that involves a lot of passing and a little
running. One can't run a finess west coast offense with players recruited to run a power
smash mouth running offense.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

V,B

Quote from: GUVHOG on September 17, 2009, 02:05:29 pm
IMO the problem for Tennessee is this: Fulmer liked to play smash mouth power running
football with an occasional pass and that's the type of players he recruited. Kiffin
prefers to run a finesse style west coast offense that involves a lot of passing and a little
running. One can't run a finesse west coast offense with players recruited to run a power

Your right, Kiffin and Fulmer are two completely different coaches. Fulmer was a smash mouth type of guy but if you look at our o-line this year you just don't see the athletic ability that is needed to compete in the SEC or run that type of offense. So even if Fulmer was here running his package we would still be in the same predicament. Fulmer for some reason became complacent here and felt he was entitled to his position as the head coach of my University and in the end it cost him.( He did receive a nice severance package though)

Kiffin and company preach intensity at their practices and with the stable of backs that we have we could be a hybrid of smash and finesse which is what Kiffin wants. The problem lies within our QB and o-line play and their lack of play making ability.  If we have your QB for the UCLA game, we win hands down.

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: GUVHOG on September 17, 2009, 02:05:29 pm
prefers to run a finess style west coast offense that involves a lot of passing and a little
running. One can't run a finess west coast offense with players recruited to run a power
If you watched the UCLA game that is how Tennessee was able to move the ball in the fourth quarter.  If they rely on passing, they could be in trouble.  I am guessing Tennessee runs the ball more this weekend against Florida.

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on September 17, 2009, 01:44:25 pm
I made a statement that I didn't think Kiffin was a QB coach at USC.

You responded as if you were correcting us both with this statement:

Now I will admit I could have misunderstood your statement here, it is kind of screwed up in how it's written, but I tried as best I could to get your meaning out of it.

Again, I'm not sure why you've gotten so worked up in all of this, other than maybe it's your typical redneck response to many things in your life.

You may be working under the assumption you're a genius.  That's not the case.  I'm not saying you're a retard or anything.  I haven't read enough of your posts to be able to confirm that at this point.  But you've made WAY too big a deal out of a simple comment.  I suggest you try to just let it go.  It's not that big of a deal in the big scheme of things.
Evidently you do not have a problem with lying about a post or just do not know the difference between the two.  The Hog called you on it and now you want to try and defend yourself.  Grow up.  Here is a hint for you.  He will set people up just to nail them.  Looks to me like you just got nailed.  Just stick to the facts as they are written without your additions to the post and you will be OK.  I usually charge for advice but you get that one for free.

This is a message board that crosses all racial, education background and gender lines.  If you do not like or can't take the heat, don't visit.

Attacking people is what you try to do with your condescending attitude to other posters is exactly why you get nailed.  Who are you?  The all knowing God?  I don't think so.

You definitely need to change you screen name to WIKI U - Home of the Twisters or Spinners.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Take your pick.