Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 2 Spreads

Started by OahuHawg, September 09, 2009, 12:32:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

huggerfrommanila

teasing ga tech and the steelers.  plus a side bet with my buddy: nerd spotting in the stands in atlanta.  whoever spots the nerd first wins.  we use dvr to go back and verify.  whoever missed spotting the nerd has to drink a boilermaker.
"Welcome Razorback fans to another exciting day of SEC football, featuring Houston Nutt's Arkansas Razorbacks!"
If I had the wings of a sparrow, If I had the arse of a crow,I'd fly over Darrell K. Royal Stadium tomorrow, And **** on the bastards below.
Golf is like an 18-year-old girl with big boobs.  You know it's wrong but you can't keep away from her.  ~Val Doonican
Adding wrinkles:  good idea for football coaches, bad idea for the ladies.  ~my buddy Rick
James: What an absolutely beautiful day. Warm Sun, beautiful women...
Carl: And the air... is just right... for drinking.  ~Men at Work, 1990
Hank, dinner's almost ready.  I'm stirring in the cheese powder. ~Mrs. Peggy Hill

athunt

Quote from: hogfanintx on September 10, 2009, 12:33:39 pm
I like Clemson tonight possibly in an outright win. 

Yeah don't think I ever hit the 12 teamer.  Payout is huge on that.  Been close.  But it's fun and you get to pick games you wouldn't even normally bet a unit on.  I mean if you lose it's only 5 bucks.

I have some buddies started on it as well.  I do my own, but we all put in 5 bucks and turn in a 10 or 12 teamer and split the winnings if it happens.  One of our guys hit the first 11 last week and then knucklehead had VA tech plus the points as the final game.  Odd thing is none of the rest of us had less than 4 losses, but we all had Bama..lol  makes it fun.
I hit a 10 game parlay last year. 2 spreads, 6 moneylines, and 2 over/unders. Just messing around I put 10 on it and it paid a lil over 160.

The last game was LSU vs. Troy and i took the LSU moneyline(sweated that one out!!). 
"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

huggerfrommanila

moneyline parlay:

vandy over lsu and miss. state over auburn

$10 to win $265
"Welcome Razorback fans to another exciting day of SEC football, featuring Houston Nutt's Arkansas Razorbacks!"
If I had the wings of a sparrow, If I had the arse of a crow,I'd fly over Darrell K. Royal Stadium tomorrow, And **** on the bastards below.
Golf is like an 18-year-old girl with big boobs.  You know it's wrong but you can't keep away from her.  ~Val Doonican
Adding wrinkles:  good idea for football coaches, bad idea for the ladies.  ~my buddy Rick
Hank, dinner's almost ready.  I'm stirring in the cheese powder. ~Mrs. Peggy Hill

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: athunt on September 10, 2009, 03:37:27 pm
I hit a 10 game parlay last year. 2 spreads, 6 moneylines, and 2 over/unders. Just messing around I put 10 on it and it paid a lil over 160.

The last game was LSU vs. Troy and i took the LSU moneyline(sweated that one out!!). 

Paid 160.00?      how much did you put on it?  Maybe money line games dropped it way down.  I have never seen a 10 teamer for 5.00 pay less than three grand or so?   I just looked at a 1.00 and the payout was over 600.00 for a 10 teamer.
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

I put a buck on the following 5 line parlay...

Rafael Nadal -400
Ga Tech -5.5
Marlins vs mets over 9.5
Braves +1.5
Tech V Clemson under 45

1 buck to win 107

Let's make some waves.

Let's make some waves.

Boardon Hamsay

September 10, 2009, 07:44:53 pm #57 Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 07:52:19 pm by rlh06
I took Ga Tech early when it was -4.5.  In retrospect, I probably should have played the over as well.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

OahuHawg

Like I said before I like: USC -7 (buy .5 points on this one) over OSU & Iowa -6.5 over Iowa St.

A few other games:

Miami (OH) +36 over Boise St
Syracuse +29 over Penn St
Miss St +14 over Auburn
Tenn -10 over UCLA
Hawaii -2 over Wash St
Oregon -12 over Purdue
North Car -4.5 over UConn
Oregon St -7 over UNLV (buy .5)
Texas -33.5 over Wyoming

Just a few picks I got so far

athunt

Quote from: hogfanintx on September 10, 2009, 04:48:10 pm

Paid 160.00?      how much did you put on it?  Maybe money line games dropped it way down.  I have never seen a 10 teamer for 5.00 pay less than three grand or so?   I just looked at a 1.00 and the payout was over 600.00 for a 10 teamer.

the money lines were all huge favorites that were like -1000 or so.  If it were 10 spreads it would pay that but it was only 2 spreads and 2 over/unders.
"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

jkstock04

Why didn't ya'll tell me that GA Tech's QB absolutely sucks??  That would have been nice to know...lol.  Looked  like a QB Nutt would be after hard and heavy....ain't much for passing the ball but he sure can run the thing. 

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Quote from: athunt on September 10, 2009, 10:36:25 pm
the money lines were all huge favorites that were like -1000 or so.  If it were 10 spreads it would pay that but it was only 2 spreads and 2 over/unders.

Ah yep that will do it.
Let's make some waves.

Well had I played tonight I would have hit Clemson, but lost the Steelers.
Let's make some waves.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: linze82 on September 10, 2009, 10:28:29 am
i was beginning to wonder. am i the only one who doesn't cash out after EVERY game i play on?  or are there just a few people on this thread who don't know what the hell they are talking about.

I cash out every once in a while.  You said that you NEVER cash out.  The only reason I could think of for never cashing out is if you never win anything.  I only bet football so that is the only time I have money in my account anyway.  I usually take out my winning half way through the season and cash out completely at the end of football season.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: bsking on September 09, 2009, 01:03:43 pm
Crazy.  Did you watch the Navy OSU game? 

I wouldn't read too much into that. There is no doubt that Ohio State took a major whiff in terms of not taking Navy seriously while spending too much time preparing for USC. They were looking ahead and it almost bit them in the butt. I think taking USC and giving the points is still a safe bet.

I took Clemson and the points last night and at first thought that Clemson had taken a major dump on me...nice comeback, too bad they couldn't get it done in the end. Still, I won the O/U and the Line though I lost the S/U.

Also took the Tennessee(Titans) and the points last night and won that one as well.

For this weekend, I like Tennessee -10 vs. UCLA and though I am not completely convinced just yet, I think I might like Auburn -14 vs. Miss State too. I'll go with ND over Michigan as well and as I said above, USC -7 at Ohio State.
Go Hogs Go!

I also like the Vols, Irish, and already bet USC.  I will post my early picks saturday morning though.
Let's make some waves.

Everything tells me to take Colorado tonight -4 at Toledo.  I am going to wait until later this afternoon to decide.  I wanna do a bit of research on Toledo.  Colorado looked like absolute garbage last week against CO ST
Let's make some waves.

Monk-N-Dunk

Army v. Duke is a pick em'.

I picked Duke.

bsking

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 11, 2009, 06:05:08 am
I wouldn't read too much into that. There is no doubt that Ohio State took a major whiff in terms of not taking Navy seriously while spending too much time preparing for USC. They were looking ahead and it almost bit them in the butt. I think taking USC and giving the points is still a safe bet.

Same goes the other way though.  I really doubt Pete Carroll spent the entire offseason working up a gameplan for San Jose State, yet they won by 50+ i believe.  I know Barkley is a TF, but their running backs are amzaing.  Joe Mcknight will run wild.

huggerfrommanila

i'm riding the buffaloes tonight.

athunt

Quote from: bsking on September 11, 2009, 09:56:11 am
Same goes the other way though.  I really doubt Pete Carroll spent the entire offseason working up a gameplan for San Jose State, yet they won by 50+ i believe.  I know Barkley is a TF, but their running backs are amzaing.  Joe Mcknight will run wild.

This.  Everybody is making the point that USC is starting a 19 year old QB, but I would take that 19 year old QB throwing the ball over Pryor anyday.  Yes Pryor has the wheels, but he is just a glorified Matt Jones when he has to throw.  USC is gonna take it 37-17.
-Reggie Johnson

The Hogfather

Quote from: hogfanintx on September 11, 2009, 08:36:42 am
Everything tells me to take Colorado tonight -4 at Toledo.  I am going to wait until later this afternoon to decide.  I wanna do a bit of research on Toledo.  Colorado looked like absolute garbage last week against CO ST

Toledo has a dangerous offense.  I could see them pulling the straight-up victory.  I think it will probably go over the total.

huggerfrommanila

what happened on dec 30??

yraciv

Make sure to let me thank you guys for the $5 I'm about to lose on a 6 team parlay tonight.  I usually don't do the crazy bets, but something about this thread convinced me.

Quote from: yraciv on September 11, 2009, 01:38:09 pm
Make sure to let me thank you guys for the $5 I'm about to lose on a 6 team parlay tonight.  I usually don't do the crazy bets, but something about this thread convinced me.

Hey if you don't win it you only lost 5 bucks.
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 11, 2009, 12:10:47 pm
Toledo has a dangerous offense.  I could see them pulling the straight-up victory.  I think it will probably go over the total.

I hear ya, but Colorado not only has to win this game, but make a statement.....I could be wrong, but I just locked in on the garbage buffs -4
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: yraciv on September 11, 2009, 01:38:09 pm

and I give you a tip on your 6 teamer?  also applies to even three team parlays.
Let's make some waves.

USC - 7                  5 units
North Carolina -5      2 units
Notre Dame -3         3 units
West Virginia -6.5     2 units
Pitt -10.5                3 units
TCU -11.5               3 units
Syracuse +28.5        3 units.

I generally love taking the dogs, but hope it's a day of the favorite.  May do some more depending how some of these early games go.  If it's an awful day I will be done.  Learned long ago you can't chase your money on a bad day.
Let's make some waves.

BigSexyHog

The dogs have coverd the last 4 games.  Toledo, Tenn (nfl), Miami, and Cinny.  Surely the favs will step up today.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Quote from: BigSexyHog on September 12, 2009, 09:54:56 am
The dogs have coverd the last 4 games.  Toledo, Tenn (nfl), Miami, and Cinny.  Surely the favs will step up today.

you would certainly hope so.
Let's make some waves.

SRFL

Quote from: SRFL on September 09, 2009, 11:34:47 am
SM's Week 2 Smashmouth Locks of the Week:

UAB and Air Force *****'s

Cent. Michigan ***'s

SU Upset of the Week:  East Carolina over West Virginia

Destroy the Man!

Cash money!  Money line winner baby. 

Boardon Hamsay

Things are back on track with Houston and the over coming through for me on top of TCU covering at Virginia.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

BigSexyHog

Quote from: rlh06 on September 12, 2009, 05:55:27 pm
Things are back on track with Houston and the over coming through for me on top of TCU covering at Virginia.

I had the TCU game circled, but was to chicken SHOT to pull the trigger.... Damm I hate myself.  I have split today. 

jeramyaupton

I lost my balls today. TENN, NC, Okla State, can all bite me.

Boardon Hamsay

Well, I was a little more aggressive this week and it cost me on a couple games.  Worst week I've had in four years but 4-3 is still in the black.

Clemson at Ga Tech (-4.5): I think Tech wins by 7+ at home Loss
Houston at Okie St (-14.5): I like Houston and the over (67)  Win x2
TCU (-12) at Virginia: I like TCU for their D and Virginia got beat by William and Mary last week Win
SMU at UAB (-11): I like UAB and the over (61) Push
Air Force at Minnesota (-4.5): I like Air Force on the road. Loss. Tough one that Air Force gave away

OahuHawg

Quote from: Klynt21 on September 10, 2009, 10:18:41 pm
Like I said before I like: USC -7 (buy .5 points on this one) over OSU & Iowa -6.5 over Iowa St.

A few other games:

Miami (OH) +36 over Boise St
Syracuse +29 over Penn St
Miss St +14 over Auburn
Tenn -10 over UCLA
Hawaii -2 over Wash St
Oregon -12 over Purdue
North Car -4.5 over UConn
Oregon St -7 over UNLV (buy .5)
Texas -33.5 over Wyoming

Just a few picks I got so far

I wish I could smite myself...Please smite me...horrible horrible weekend. Caught a three game parlay to break even but that was out of pure luck. Syracuse saved my A$$

linze82

smite me bishes

bsking

BigSexyHog

2-2 today with Utes still going.  Not sure why they are sucking balls against SJSU

HogFansReunited

Quote from: linze82 on September 12, 2009, 10:38:04 pm
crazy huh?

Good call on the game.  Now does that mean that Navy is really good or USC really bad?  Or does it just mean Ohio St. had a bad game, or maybe USC had a bad game today.

After watching a crap load of football today I have more questions about how good different teams are than I did last week.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

jeramyaupton

Quote from: BigSexyHog on September 12, 2009, 10:47:36 pm
2-2 today with Utes still going.  Not sure why they are sucking balls against SJSU
this would be the only one I could win out of a two team, three team parlay, and two single game bets. Brutal weekend.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: HogFansReunited on September 12, 2009, 10:55:43 pm
Good call on the game.  Now does that mean that Navy is really good or USC really bad?  Or does it just mean Ohio St. had a bad game, or maybe USC had a bad game today.

After watching a crap load of football today I have more questions about how good different teams are than I did last week.

^This

linze82

Quote from: bsking on September 12, 2009, 10:45:32 pm
Touche my friend.  You know better than I.

lucky guess. I went 2 for 5 and lost my a$$
smite me bishes

Monk-N-Dunk

yraciv

How does 4-0 sound?
Duke straight up
Duke and UNC teased
Tulsa and LSU teased
USC and Syracuse teased

BigSexyHog

Quote from: yraciv on September 13, 2009, 01:02:32 am
How does 4-0 sound?
Duke straight up
Duke and UNC teased
Tulsa and LSU teased
USC and Syracuse teased

Thats awesome.  4-0 is about as good as it gets.  Beats my 2-3 for the day.  Lets hope we both clean up tomorrow.

jeramyaupton

What do i have to do to get a win this weekend? i can't even get baltimore to cover against the chiefs. The number three defense in the league takes a dump week one and gets run over by a shady kc offense. ugh.

I hit both straight bets my only 3 yeam parlay and only 4 team parlay this morning.

Posted those on other week 2 thread

Let's make some waves.

I may have lost my mind, but I am playing the bears + 5
Playing under 47
both single bets

Then tying them the same way for a two team parlay.
Let's make some waves.