Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 2 Spreads

Started by OahuHawg, September 09, 2009, 12:32:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OahuHawg

Thought I'd start a thread for Week 2 Spreads. Anything look good so far? I put mine in the other thread, but nothin to get too excited about yet. The only two I'd move on now are USC @ -7 and Iowa @ -6 1/2

athunt

I took Navy at -6.5.  They proved they can run against a good defense in OSU, so I imagine that La Tech wont be too much of a problem.
"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

hogfan54

I'm all over north carolina-4 1/2 over uconn.

SRFL

SM's Week 2 Smashmouth Locks of the Week:

UAB and Air Force *****'s

Cent. Michigan ***'s

SU Upset of the Week:  East Carolina over West Virginia

Destroy the Man!

bsking

I got USC at -5, thats a lock.
Also took Okie St. -14

linze82

call me crazy
i like tosu at +7
smite me bishes

vol_in_ar

Quote from: linze82 on September 09, 2009, 11:40:47 am
call me crazy
i like tosu at +7

think that's a stretch...

They are at home, but USC is loaded

Ryan-O

I got Wake at -2.5. It's an early game on the east coast.

bsking

Quote from: linze82 on September 09, 2009, 11:40:47 am
call me crazy
i like tosu at +7

Crazy.  Did you watch the Navy OSU game? 

athunt

Quote from: RomeoDelta on September 09, 2009, 12:43:51 pm
I got Wake at -2.5. It's an early game on the east coast.

I love the early games, that way if u win u have more money to play with.
"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

linze82

Quote from: bsking on September 09, 2009, 01:03:43 pm
Crazy.  Did you watch the Navy OSU game? 

yep. the whole game
smite me bishes

solix

like georgia -7 over south car. & oregon st. -7 over unlv

bsking

Quote from: linze82 on September 09, 2009, 01:35:22 pm
yep. the whole game

I'm curious to your reasoning that OSU could keep it within 3-4 touchdowns with USC.

From what I saw OSU has NO running game and their defense is Arkansas-esque

Verge

benswinesmoney

I actually like Houston against OSU in that game against the line.  May be a lot of celebrating in Stillwater from last week.

linze82

Quote from: bsking on September 09, 2009, 02:13:05 pm
I'm curious to your reasoning that OSU could keep it within 3-4 touchdowns with USC.

From what I saw OSU has NO running game and their defense is Arkansas-esque

i think because usc is starting a freshman qb in an environment he has never seen before that is very hostile. i know the kid is supposed to be all world and maybe he is, but i think he will still show some freshman colors this year.

about the navy game, you can't tell me the ohio state kids were jacked up for navy. it's a different offense and it's freakin navy. i think those kids will be pumped to get a crack at sc on the big stage on saturday night. i don't think ohio state will win the game and they very well could get blown out, but seven is a lot of points at home against a team with a freshman qb making his first road start. jmho
smite me bishes

ADAM_713

I thought this was a post about our basketball team when I first opened it.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 19, 2010, 11:42:38 am
true story...

i paid a stripper $5 to slap me in the face right after i bit down on a lime after a tequila shot.  twas EPIC.

Monk-N-Dunk

Do you all use BoDog?  If so, isn't there a policy you to withdrawl your money you have to withdrawl at least 100?

If not, what are some you use?

linze82

smite me bishes

Monk-N-Dunk

linze82

Quote from: Monk-N-Dunk on September 09, 2009, 04:46:12 pm
Do they have a minimum you must meet to cash out?

i don't think so, i have never cashed out
smite me bishes

brownhog

Take Oregon -12 vs Purdue. The Ducks are going to kill them!

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: Monk-N-Dunk on September 09, 2009, 04:11:47 pm
Do you all use BoDog?  If so, isn't there a policy you to withdrawl your money you have to withdrawl at least 100?

If not, what are some you use?

Dude why would you even bother taking less than a hundo out anyway.   I mean you are looking at 10 days or more to get your money generally.  If you are wanting to withdraw 37.50 you shouldn't be betting.
Let's make some waves.

Doing my best to lose a little money on baseball tonight.
Let's make some waves.

Boardon Hamsay

A few lines of interest:

Clemson at Ga Tech (-4.5): I think Tech wins by 7+ at home
Houston at Okie St (-14.5): I like Houston and the over (67)
TCU (-12) at Virginia: I like TCU for their D and Virginia got beat by William and Mary last week
SMU at UAB (-11): I like UAB and the over (61)
Air Force at Minnesota (-4.5): I like Air Force on the road.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Quote from: rlh06 on September 09, 2009, 07:19:47 pm
A few lines of interest:

Clemson at Ga Tech (-4.5): I think Tech wins by 7+ at home
Houston at Okie St (-14.5): I like Houston and the over (67)
TCU (-12) at Virginia: I like TCU for their D and Virginia got beat by William and Mary last week
SMU at UAB (-11): I like UAB and the over (61)
Air Force at Minnesota (-4.5): I like Air Force on the road.

Gut feeling early tells me Clemson, but I haven't looked at it enough to make a decision.  I like TCU, but haven't decided to play it yet either.  The rest of those I am not touching... If I were gonna play Houston/Okie St I would go the way you are leaning, but not playing that game.
Let's make some waves.

Monk-N-Dunk

Quote from: hogfanintx on September 09, 2009, 07:03:40 pm

Dude why would you even bother taking less than a hundo out anyway.   I mean you are looking at 10 days or more to get your money generally.  If you are wanting to withdraw 37.50 you shouldn't be betting.

I disagree with that.  If I want to bet 30 bucks on a game and double my profit I should be able to cash out with that and not have to worry about a minimum.

Monk-N-Dunk

Accuscore.com helped me out quite a bit last year.  I would do use a formula set up in excel to find the biggest discrepancy and bet the top two games.  It helped.

linze82

the more i look at asu-nebraska the more i like the injuns to cover that one. nebraska has a big road game at tech next weekend and they are getting a lot of points this week.
smite me bishes

Quote from: Monk-N-Dunk on September 09, 2009, 09:38:50 pm
I disagree with that.  If I want to bet 30 bucks on a game and double my profit I should be able to cash out with that and not have to worry about a minimum.

So you are assuming your next bet is a winner as well.  I like the confidence at least.  On most sites you get one free withdrawal per month.  After that there is a charge.  How many drinks can 30.00 buy you now anyway.  If you are betting that small by all means PM me.  I will hook you up and save you the hassle of online.
Let's make some waves.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: linze82 on September 09, 2009, 04:49:03 pm
i don't think so, i have never cashed out

I'm not surprised you have never cashed out considering you are taking OSU.  Money goes in but never make anything back.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

linze82

Quote from: HogFansReunited on September 09, 2009, 10:22:31 pm
I'm not surprised you have never cashed out considering you are taking OSU.  Money goes in but never make anything back.

you know another thing that makes me want to take osu?

everybody and there mama wanting to bet they're mortgage on usc to cover.
smite me bishes

camelt

i like Ark State getting the 23 at Nebraska

also the Vols -10 vs UCLA

The Hogfather

Quote from: linze82 on September 09, 2009, 10:25:53 pm

I agree.  I'm not going to touch this one, I don't think.  Line is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too fishy.  USC looks like world beaters, OSU struggles against lowly Navy and they start the line off at -4.5 or -5?

OnYourToes

It's Thursday and I have a long list.
Would like some help narrowing it down.

North Cartolina (-4.5) v UConn - Gotta go with the head coach here.  He is building something great there.

Troy (+36.5) v Florida - BIG nuber and I think Troy won't get killed.  Probably 49 - 17

Ark St (+22.5) v Nebraska - Nebraska has not shown me that they are a hig powered offense yet.

Navy (-7.5) v La Tech - Navy's performance last week has me thinking 7.5 is a very low number

ND v Mich (+3) - I think Mich will beat ND outright as the troops rally behind RichRod

OK State (-15) v Houston - That may be the spread after the first quarter, it's not goning to be pretty

K State (-7) v UL Lafyette - K Stae is for real and UL isn't much of a match up for them

Miss St (+14) v Aubbie - This may be another 3-2 game or at most 17 - 10.  Not pretty on either sideline, +14 is too tempting to pass up

USC (-7) v Ohio State - Nothing to add

Georgia v South Carolina - o/u 38, I'm taking the under. I see 20 - 14, prob Georgia.

Sorry for the length but these are my thoughts.
Help a villian out.
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

oldman1015

Quote from: linze82 on September 09, 2009, 10:25:53 pm

this kind of reasoning would be why you have never cashed out.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

linze82

Quote from: oldman1015 on September 10, 2009, 09:39:11 am
this kind of reasoning would be why you have never cashed out.

I NEVER CASHED OUT BECAUSE I LEAVE THE MONEY IN THE ACCOUNT AND PLAY WITH IT

do any of you guys gamble online?
smite me bishes

Quote from: linze82 on September 10, 2009, 10:22:56 am
I NEVER CASHED OUT BECAUSE I LEAVE THE MONEY IN THE ACCOUNT AND PLAY WITH IT

do any of you guys gamble online?

I do.  I use bodog and occasionally sportfanatik if I get a better line there
Let's make some waves.

linze82

i was beginning to wonder. am i the only one who doesn't cash out after EVERY game i play on?  or are there just a few people on this thread who don't know what the hell they are talking about.
smite me bishes

athunt

I also like Syracuse at +28.5 against Penn State.  PSU didnt cover against Akron last week when the line was 31 or 32 and Syracuse definetly looked improved with Paulus at the healm.
-Reggie Johnson

athunt

Quote from: linze82 on September 10, 2009, 10:28:29 am
i was beginning to wonder. am i the only one who doesn't cash out after EVERY game i play on?  or are there just a few people on this thread who don't know what the hell they are talking about.

I hardly ever cash out. I guess some use online sites as a source of primary income.
-Reggie Johnson

Quote from: linze82 on September 10, 2009, 10:28:29 am
Quote from: athunt on September 10, 2009, 10:31:35 am

I hardly ever cash out. I guess some use online sites as a source of primary income.

I have a set level that when I exceed it I cash out and go back to my intial starting amount for the year....I also play two 5.00 parlays.  One ten teamer and one 12 teamer.  Hit two last year and each paid out over 3,000.00.  Those I cash out immediately.

Other than those scenarios I never cash out.
Let's make some waves.

jkstock04

For tonight I think the line on Georgia Tech (-5 on site I use) is a safe bet.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hogfan54

I'm hopping on ga tech(-5) tonight.

linze82

i got tech at -6. i bought a point just in case of ot. i still think im ok
smite me bishes

SPAL

Quote from: hogfanintx on September 10, 2009, 10:57:16 am

I have a set level that when I exceed it I cash out and go back to my intial starting amount for the year....I also play two 5.00 parlays.  One ten teamer and one 12 teamer.  Hit two last year and each paid out over 3,000.00.  Those I cash out immediately.

Other than those scenarios I never cash out.

wow...a 10 and 12 team parlay?....straight up or teased?

Very impressive nonetheless

SPAL

im waiting till closer to kickoff to see if i can get clemson at +6.5 so i can buy the half and get 7...but i doubt i will get ot that high.. The big money likely will not be playing this one.

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 10, 2009, 11:38:52 am
im waiting till closer to kickoff to see if i can get clemson at +6.5 so i can buy the half and get 7...but i doubt i will get ot that high.. The big money likely will not be playing this one.

I like Clemson tonight possibly in an outright win. 

Yeah don't think I ever hit the 12 teamer.  Payout is huge on that.  Been close.  But it's fun and you get to pick games you wouldn't even normally bet a unit on.  I mean if you lose it's only 5 bucks.

I have some buddies started on it as well.  I do my own, but we all put in 5 bucks and turn in a 10 or 12 teamer and split the winnings if it happens.  One of our guys hit the first 11 last week and then knucklehead had VA tech plus the points as the final game.  Odd thing is none of the rest of us had less than 4 losses, but we all had Bama..lol  makes it fun.
Let's make some waves.

I like the steelers tonight -6 but I am too big a steeler fan.  Probably won't bet it.   

Pittsburgh 27 Tennessee 17
Let's make some waves.

solix

Quote from: hogfanintx on September 10, 2009, 12:34:40 pm
I like the steelers tonight -6 but I am too big a steeler fan.  Probably won't bet it.  

Pittsburgh 27 Tennessee 17
think the steelers roll tonite.  at home, thursday, defending.  titans are good but collins arm is going to be hard tested tonite