Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 2: South Carolina @ Georgia (Final 41-37 Georgia won)

Started by Bryan (CHF), September 07, 2009, 11:19:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorWire™

Quote from: Camden_Hogfan on September 12, 2009, 07:18:28 pm
Well there has been a serious momentum shift

You can say that again. Steve to throw visor in 3 2 1 ...

RazorWire™

lewisandrew88

Guys this is exactly what we need, as I stated in another thread. We need georgia coming into our home on a high. They wont know what to do when we have our coming out party.

passinghog

Gotta have hog fans TOP the crowd noise I'm watching tonight in Athens next week.

Gotta have it!

RazorWire™

Quote from: lewisandrew88 on September 12, 2009, 07:14:43 pm
The ole ball coach is making throw shorter throws and play action. Smart

Whats the over/under for him pulling Garcia ?

aar0n

September 12, 2009, 07:27:07 pm #55 Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 07:28:59 pm by alnaar0n
This is looking good for us.  I won't say that were definitely better than either of these teams because we're untested at this point, but I sure as hell am thinking it

Edit: their kickers are definitely better

Laughing Hog

Greene and smith ( # 1) are not slow. they will give us problems. they said smith runs a 4.29 40.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

RazorWire™

aar0n

If they don't score here the visor goes... I'm calling it

RazorWire™

I'm moving from the visor to the over/under for a stroke ...

ElDoradoHog

Quote from: alnaar0n on September 12, 2009, 07:39:13 pm
If they don't score here the visor goes... I'm calling it

hahaha
that's funny!!!

I coulda swore it was about fly!!!
GO HOGS GO!!!

TNhawgfan

I know a lot of things have been said and written about Spurrier not getting it done at SC, but I'm still surprised he hasn't been able to recruit even one really good QB since he's been there.
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Bryan (CHF)

I would like to say again SC's special teams sucks....Georgia's KO return game worries me....a lot!
Quote from: Doc Holliday
Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

RJ_May

Quote from: Camden_Hogfan on September 12, 2009, 07:57:19 pm
I would like to say again SC's special teams sucks....Georgia's KO return game worries me....a lot!

We better not the kick the ball to that to UGA kick returner

passinghog

Quote from: Camden_Hogfan on September 12, 2009, 07:57:19 pm

Amen!
Going to have to either pooch it or hopefully Bryan proves himself in practice. No way can we have Tejada doing KOs though.
Jeez...

bigpigonthehill

I am rooting for Georgia to win this game. The reason is that if they lose, they will pressing hard to win at Arkansas. Arkansas could have a rough road. If Georgia wins, they might be overconfident against Arkansas and not play a good game. Go Razorbacks.
How the hell did we wind up like this? Why weren't we able to see the signs that we missed? And try to turn the tables. Nothing is wrong, just as long as you know that someday I will. Some day, Some how. Gonna make it alright but not right now. I know you're wondering when.

Bryan (CHF)

Quote from: RJ_May on September 12, 2009, 07:59:10 pm
Well we will just kick it out of bounce any way :)
Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

OBHAWG

Quote from: RJ_May on September 12, 2009, 07:59:10 pm
Unless he is standing out of bounds i wouldn't worry

Bryan (CHF)

Rzback

Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

pipehog

hogfanforever

that kid smith (#1) is FAST. He and boykin (#2) are going to be scary to deal with
"One of these days its gonna get right and when it does I AM GOING to be scary for a lot of people"

Kris P. Bacon

Georgia looks really good. Our D is gonna have a tough game ahead of them...
"I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
– Winston Churchill

Kris P. Bacon

"I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
– Winston Churchill

Hawgrox

Jimbob111

Not much of a vertical passing game from SC, though, mostly short-intermediate.  I agree that our offense looks good against UGA however their offense is looking good against a D that is probably better than ours...
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Jimbob111

However, if we can get up a score or two, their QB may be forcing it, trying to stay in the game...
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

lewisandrew88

Quote from: Razors85 on September 12, 2009, 08:35:17 pm
Georgia looks really good. Our D is gonna have a tough game ahead of them...

Georgias offense
Passing 163yds
Rushing 95yds

South Carolina offense
Passing 231yds
112yds

Georgias stats arent exactly "amazing" over this south carolina defense. However, look at south carolinas passing offense against this georgia defense with a mediocre quarterback. It excites me.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Bryan (CHF)

Bryan (CHF)

Bryan (CHF)

Boardon Hamsay

Let's see if the Dawgs can respond. I prefer a 1-1 Georgia team coming to The Hill next week.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Hot_Town_Hog

Quote from: lewisandrew88 on September 12, 2009, 07:21:31 pm
Guys this is exactly what we need, as I stated in another thread. We need georgia coming into our home on a high. They wont know what to do when we have our coming out party.

Agreed...We are better off with a UGA win. Plus that will probably get us on ESPN and not the Deuce. Would love to welcome a ranked team into our house next Saturday.

Looks like the old ball coach has got his charges worked up a bit. 

Boardon Hamsay

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Quote from: Hot_Town_Hog on September 12, 2009, 09:34:13 pm
Agreed...We are better off with a UGA win. Plus that will probably get us on ESPN and not the Deuce. Would love to welcome a ranked team into our house next Saturday.

agree with both of you!  We need UGA to play a tough mental and physical game tonight!  I sure hope they win.  This will take a lot of energy and focus away from them for our upcoming game next week.  We need this to stay a battle against USC-E.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: gguillo on September 12, 2009, 09:41:15 pm
agree with both of you!  We need UGA to play a tough mental and physical game tonight!  I sure hope they win.  This will take a lot of energy and focus away from them for our upcoming game next week.  We need this to stay a battle against USC-E.

Yep.  It would be nice to have a few OTs even.  If GA loses they will be like a wounded animal backed into a corner.  They would have nothing to lose and everything to prove next week.  If they win a close one they will breathe a huge sigh of relief and just feel drained.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Bryan (CHF)

Garcia has had a good game against Georgia's D. I think Mallett has a better arm and I would put our WRs up against SC's any day. Mallett should have a big day. I guess the question is what will our D do against their offense?

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Boardon Hamsay

Come on Dawgs! I'm cheering for you for the next 57 seconds and then never again!

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Boardon Hamsay

alohawg

-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

RazorWire™

Boardon Hamsay